Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby droid » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:27 pm

That's great Winston!!!!!!!!!!

I love the part about her being passionate.
I mean, statistically, you can't go wrong over there with SO MANY girls.

Lol after all the deconstructing we did of you, it must feel great to shut us up too haha :mrgreen:
Last edited by droid on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Banano » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Go winnie go

Show us pictures of u doggystyling her
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Winston wrote:Update: I finally scored!!!

I'm in zhuhai now. It's a nice relaxing city with trees and waterfront. Lots of scenery and walkways by the seaside, including a big Island. A great place to rent a bike to cycle around the waterfront and island too.

Anyway the good news is that I found a girlfriend in dongguan. She's a freethinker and open minded girl who is only 26. She appreciates me and my website and articles and viewpoints. So we connect at a deeper level. She's an artist too and likes guys who think for themselves. She finds me charming too.

She came with me to zhuhai for a while and we got intimate in a room. She was very passionate. :) so my dry spell is finally over. Wow. I can't believe it!

The funny thing is that when I met her with zboy at McDonald's we were asking her why i wasn't scoring in China. She said that I have to be patient. Lol. Her English is impressive and she has a vocabulary of 10,000 words and a sweet disposition too.

I'm here in Zhuhai because it's next to Macau. Im flying back to Taiwan for a while and the flights are cheaper from Macau than from Hong Kong. I need to change my luggage and clothes and get medicine from my doctor there in Taiwan. And also visit my parents as well. Then I'm going to visit my son in Philippines after that, before I come back to China, since I missed his kindergarten graduation ceremony.

Also zhuhai is more peaceful and relaxing so I preferred to come here than do the Shenzhen and hong kong route again. Plus it's nice to chill by the waterside. I'm not a big city guy like rock and ethan_sg are and do not thrive in them the way they do. They feed off the hustle and bustle of big cities whereas I feed off peace and quiet and beautiful scenery. Lol

Winston well done! You magnificent bastard. Knew you could do it. :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Well you guys were right about me finding better quality women outside of Shenzhen! :) My new girl who is passionate toward me is from dongguan.

Zboy lives there too and likes it there. He has many female admirers among his female students at the English school he teaches at too. Lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Winston wrote:My dad's response to this thread:

"So, how is Dongguan compare to ShenZhen, smaller but more friendly? It is a big help that you have a friend there. Don't try to deal with too many girls at the same time. It is not about how many girls you dated. It is about whether you find one that is a good match to you.

I read some of your forum topics. You have many forum friends who are willing to give you suggestions. Although some used the words that hard for you to take, but I believe most of them are sincere advices with good intention. Try to refrain from bashing back. If you don't like them, just ignore them. You need as many friends as you can. Of course, there are always some low lives who would use every chance to put others down. Theses are exceptions. Just tell them you don't like that and they need to stop.

Good luck."

It's amazing that you let your dad read this stuff and communicate with him openly about it.

You are a remarkable man, Winston. I suppose in a way you are a 21st century man, living life in public, uncensored. Maybe HA is your personal "reality show", like on TV.

Your dad's a wise man, I think I would enjoy knowing him.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:34 pm

droid wrote:
Lol after all the deconstructing we did of you, it must feel great to shut us up too haha :mrgreen:

:lol:

Winston SCORES!!

I feel like doing one of the latin-tv-announcer soccer cheers, arms raised straight up:

GOL GOL GOL GOOOOOOOOOL!!
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Banano wrote:

Show us pictures of u doggystyling her

DongGuan-Styling
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Yay!

I had a, er, weird time with a girl in Zhuhai. Funnily enough, she was also from Dongguan. Well it's possible we might have dated the same lady :).

Shame you're leaving just as things are getting interesting. Why can't you stay in the same place?

It would be nice to go back to China, but by all accounts it's getting too much of a struggle for foreigners to deal with the bureaucracy.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Winston wrote:Update: I finally scored!!!

Congratulations!!!

I am truly sorry for you that you find this so hard. I dropped you a post about a package that puts together techniques from a chinese guy in Singapore....I can't personally attest to the value of it.

I just use normal "alpha male game" now....but to tell you the truth? I have really lost interest. I guess at 51 some things are just not that interesting any more....such is life.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby droid » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Jester wrote:
droid wrote:Lol after all the deconstructing we did of you, it must feel great to shut us up too haha :mrgreen:

:lol:

Winston SCORES!!
I feel like doing one of the latin-tv-announcer soccer cheers, arms raised straight up:
GOL GOL GOL GOOOOOOOOOL!!

This is Winston (Note: the ones in white are not actual British guys but demons)
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Chrissays » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

That's great news Winston. Wow, she's only 26? I'm not sure how old you are but when I'm your age I definitely want to be with a girl of that age.

I get this impression that women in China are very sexually prude. The Chinese Americans, on the other hand, seem like freaks. 24/7 sex machines. I hope Chinese women are like that because I'm going to be heading over there (somewhere) by the end of the year.

Maybe we can Skype/meet up.
Chrissays
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 am

Winston wrote:Also zhuhai is more peaceful and relaxing so I preferred to come here than do the Shenzhen and hong kong route again. Plus it's nice to chill by the waterside. I'm not a big city guy like rock and ethan_sg are and do not thrive in them the way they do. They feed off the hustle and bustle of big cities whereas I feed off peace and quiet and beautiful scenery. Lol

Congratulations on scoring!

You're lucky. Since you look Chinese you can walk around a place like Dongguan and no one would think anything of it. As a black foreigner, I would stick out like a sore thumb. Like you, I would prefer the "...peace and quiet and beautiful scenery.", especially if the place had good internet, but in a big city like Shanghai, I can walk around anywhere and no one would give me a second thought. In a small place, I can't sit down and relax somewhere without people wanting to come talk to me. If they find out I can speak Chinese, it's all over.

Once I sat in a part to relax and eat some wings I got off the street. Before long, someone said something to me and I responded. In amateur of moments I found myself surrounded by a dozen old men all wanting to talk for hours. Being a black American, it doesn't take long for the topic to shift to Obama. I speak Chinese quite well, but my industry is animation, computers and tech, which I can discuss all day, but I don't have much vocabulary for politics, and don't care about it either.

Now that I think of it, Dongguan may be the place my wife wants to go. I think a lot of people from Beijing moved there to escape the pollution and the rat race. There were some articles about this last year. The articles never mentioned how they make money without their Beijing jobs.

Listen to your father. It will be difficult to find a match for you in China. People around this board have no idea how important these words are. All you here in this board is hot this, sex that, ass, tits, blah blah, but I suspect most here have never actually lived with a woman for any length of time. You choose the wrong one in China and you're in for a world of hurt. If this new girlfriend is sweet and soothing, rather than confrontational and criticizing, which I suspect the majority of Chinese girls are, you may have found a winner. Keep at it.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks for the info smallcheese. Macau is expensive to stay in though. Are there any reasonably priced hotels? The cheapest I found on ctrip.com is 50 dollars. I may just go there for the airport only.

How do I cross into Macau? Does the gongbei port in zhuhai have a bridge that you just walk across into Macau?

What's the easiest way to get to the airport in Macau? Is there a bus or shuttle at the immigration checkpoint?

My girl is back in dongguan. She has stuff to do and job interviews to go to there.

Btw here's what my dad said about my latest update lol:

"Dear Win,

I am happy for you that you are finally getting some good result. One area you should be cautious when you are with your new girl is your habitual behavior that when you are around other people you tend to check out other girls. This will show her you are not ready to have a stable relationship with her.

Good luck and have great time.

Love,
Dad"
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby smallcheese » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Winston wrote:Thanks for the info smallcheese. Macau is expensive to stay in though. Are there any reasonably priced hotels? The cheapest I found on ctrip.com is 50 dollars. I may just go there for the airport only.

How do I cross into Macau? Does the gongbei port in zhuhai have a bridge that you just walk across into Macau?

What's the easiest way to get to the airport in Macau? Is there a bus or shuttle at the immigration checkpoint?

My girl is back in dongguan. She has stuff to do and job interviews to go to there.

Btw here's what my dad said about my latest update lol:

"Dear Win,

I am happy for you that you are finally getting some good result. One area you should be cautious when you are with your new girl is your habitual behavior that when you are around other people you tend to check out other girls. This will show her you are not ready to have a stable relationship with her.

Good luck and have great time.

Love,
Dad"

Yeah there are not really cheap hotels in Macau like there are in China. Ctrip is probably your best bet. You might want to try AirBnB and see if there is anything using that route. But I've never tried that.

Yes, you can walk across from Gongbei border crossing right into Macau. It takes about 20 minutes and then add maybe an hour (longer on weekends) for waiting in queues at customs. You have to go to the line for "foreigners" and fill out the blue colored slip of paper. Gongbei has buses that go to the airport. You can pay in RMB or HKD. Or you can always take a taxi.

The other alternative is to use Hengqin port, which is less crowded than Gongbei so the processing time should be shorter. The only issue there is that after you cross into Macau, you have to take a taxi anywhere. A trip from there to the airport is about $45 HKD (almost $6 USD). Hengqin is closer to the Macau airport so the taxi fare is about 40% of what you pay using a cab from Gongbei.

Even if you stay at a cheap hotel in Macau, you can always just walk over to one of the big hotels in old Macau or on the Cotai Strip and they have free shuttle buses to the Macau airport. Just line up like a guest and you can always ride free. Nobody ever checks that you're actually a hotel guest.

Hahaha, your dad knows you well!! :-) That's very good advice. Yeah, you need to keep your wandering eye in check. Otherwise your gal will think that you're not totally focused on her and will start thinking that you might be a player.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Wow Winston good job.

I'm also surprise that your dad is supportive of you. Typical Asian parents who are first generation are very very old fashion and sometimes too controlling. I take it your father is very open minded and you have a close relationship. My dad is way too controlling and old fashion .
chanta76
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories