Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:28 am

Nice job on not refuting a single one of my points beyond random statements like "I'm right, even Rock says so!", then continue to call me a liberal out of the blue just because I disagree with you, when you know full well (or would have if you read any of my posts) that I am more traditionally minded then you.

Your entire argument is completely ridiculous, and the way you defend your point of view does nothing to show the superiority of the Chinese race. I'd like to see you address more of my points. Such as...

Winston wrote:-- Chinese women have higher standards than Filipina women do. They are more complicated too.


Is being complicated and having higher (material) standards a sign of superiority? You must consider White American women superior too, by that logic. :lol:

Seriously dude, what have YOU been smoking?

The assertion that Filipino's are inferior for taking low-paying jobs abroad is downright nasty. You should probably talk to more Filipinas about how their Chinese employers treat them before acting so high and mighty. Love how you're describing your current Chinese gf as sweet and lovely. Bet you a hundred bucks you and her won't last until the end of this year (and that's being very, very generous), and after she dumps you, you'll cry about things like "why do women sense something is off with me?" "am I doomed" or the classic: "maybe I am not meant to have a relationship". Also, you will suddenly mention all the negative things you noticed, and the warning signs, which you never mention when you announce to us you your latest "soul mate". Like how Lisa was your soulmate? :roll:

PS: when will you finally hand over Dianne to Falcon? ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines







Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Winston » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:33 am

From my dad:

"I read your forum member Falcon's post that suggests you to go back to Dianne and Angelo. When he was in our home, I was amazed that his views about life are very mature although he is so young. After I read his post, I found he knows Chinese very well both political and social behaviors of Chinese women. He is very wise about how to live a happy and meaningful life. Please hear what he tried to suggest you seriously. Love dad"
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Banano » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:46 am

Yes, I agree. Winston should go back to Dianne and his son or else will be cursed for the rest of your life.
No wonder you not happy and always end up with fkd up women.

Organize wedding in ac and invite all of us from ha forum. It will be good for your business too, like a hollywood star, winston wu gets married to love of his life, george clooney of ac.

the most wanted bachelor in fields av finally settles down n quiits one nite stands
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Winston » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 am

Marcoszeitola,
You are in denial. Of course if chinese women have higher standards its because they can afford to. Filipinas cannot because they are considered low class and less of a catch and have lower quality genes. So they have to lower their standards. Everyone here knows this.

You cant deny the reality of genetics or blame it all on the government. The romans were able to overthrow bad governments and bad emperors. The russians were able to overthrow their czar and the French were able to overthrow king louis. Why cant filipinos? How come filipinos have never won any wars?

Dont compare with american women because they are an unnatural anomaly.

Even filipinos consider chinese women to be more attractive and superior. Even dianne does. So there. No one denies this except you.

Btw falcon wasnt the one interested in dianne. Steve55 was. You got them mixed up. :p

Btw dianne was not loyal or faithful either you know.

Btw rock said that im doing better in China than Philippines because in China im dating normal quality girls, not hookers or bar girls, and ive already had two girlfriends that were into me and still have other prospects as well. Plus ive met a lot of high quality Chinese girls and befriended them during my travels, which ive sent out photos of to my private wechat group.

Marcoszeitola,
You dont have dating experience in China to compare. I do. Ask rock and ethan_sg and zboy1 to compare.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:23 am

Winston wrote:You are in denial. Of course if chinese women have higher standards its because they can afford to. Filipinas cannot because they are considered low class and less of a catch and have lower quality genes. So they have to lower their standards. Everyone here knows this.


Everyone here knows that Filipinas have lower quality genes? You know what, I don't even think I want to debate this any further. Let's agree to disagree and if you ever have a son with a Chinese woman, we'll see if his future business is more successful then Angelo's. ;)

Winston wrote:Dont compare with american women because they are an unnatural anomaly.


Actually from what I hear, they are very similar: high standards, materialistic, driven by status and hypergamous. China and its female population are not immune to globalization. Didn't you meet Lisa in a McDonalds or some similar American franchise? lol

Winston wrote:Even filipinos consider chinese women to be more attractive and superior. Even dianne does. So there. No one denies this except you.


I find that Filipinas have a wider variety of different looks, making it easier to find a girl you are attracted to whereas Chinese women are more... generic looking, on average.

Winston wrote:Btw falcon wasnt the one interested in dianne. Steve55 was. You got them mixed up. :p


Yeah, I did. My apologies.

Winston wrote:Btw dianne was not loyal or faithful either you know.


This is new information for me. I never knew she cheated on you. If so, was this before, or after you started chasing other women while with her?

Winston wrote:Btw rock said that im doing better in China than Philippines because in China im dating normal quality girls, not hookers or bar girls, and ive already had two girlfriends that were into me and still have other prospects as well. Plus ive met a lot of high quality Chinese girls and befriended them during my travels, which ive sent out photos of to my private wechat group.


It all depends on where you go in a country. In the Philippines you went after the low hanging fruits, but you could have gone after a different type of girl too and your overall impression of their women would have been more positive. Also, to my knowledge, China simply has less bars and hookers but I could be mistaken.

PS: Your father seems like a very wise man. You should listen to his advice more, and not just when it's convenient.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Winston » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 am

Marcos,
No way dude. Chinese and american women are totally different. Chinese women are far more feminine and down to earth and authentic and humble and more sociable to me and much easier to connect with. More natural in every way. Ask anyone who has dated in china. You have no experience to know what youre talking about. You are a young man and should learn from older wiser more experienced men like me. :p

Also dont judge my new gf in china. She is not materialistic and is very caring. You arent logical to judge people you dont know. You are operating from bias again.

Also marcos i dont need to refute anything you said because you did not refute anything i said. You just made excuses that dont change the facts.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby ethan_sg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

A lot of people who judge China from the outside or after only spending a few days in China make the mistake of:

1. Believing everything the Western Media paints about China. The western media is biased against China, and likes to play up the negative points but overlook the good ones. Part of the reason is that bad news sells, good news is generally not newsworthy.

2. Judging mainland Chinese women by the ones they see in their own countries. These generally constitutes women who are in one way or another related to the sex industry or the extremely wealthy and snobby types. These women are not representative of the everyday women you meet in China.

If China is as broken or dysfunctional a society as some of you make it out to be, then why are birth rates in China significantly higher, and divorce rates significantly lower than countries within or inflicted by the anglosphere? For instance, the divorce rate in America is 53% while in quite a few Western European countries, it is over 60%. It is only about 20% in China. There is no comparison.

Winston, despite a language handicap (he only speaks a basic level of Chinese) is making new Chinese friends almost every other day during his travels in China. He has even cold approached girls who he then successfully dated within the same day. There is a high level of instant familiarity among strangers over here. The girls may not be as easy as they are in the Philippines, but then Philippines is probably the easiest place in the world. Things that take a little more effort often prove to be more valuable and worthwhile in the end.

China as we know is a humongous country. It is easy to take the worst 1% of women in China, use the media to play it up, and give the rest of the world the false impression that this 1% is all there is to China and is representative of the whole country.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 am
Location: Shanghai

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:32 pm

ethan_sg wrote:the divorce rate in America is 53% while in quite a few Western European countries, it is over 60%. It is only about 20% in China. There is no comparison.


What was it 5 years ago? And 5 years before that? You can't tell me the post 90's kids aren't f***ed. Girls can't cook worth a damn, don't know what a broom is, expect a man to do everything for them. They are spoiled and materialistic to a T. I think the comparison with American women was quite fair.

The guys are spoiled and lazy and have no work ethic. If you're not constantly standing over their shoulder, they'll be playing video games.

Post 80's are almost as bad.

EVERYTHING that I left American to get away from is easily found or fastly creeping in here. The one difference is the girls are more femenine, but there are cultural differences that bring about other evils to compensate for that.

Winston talked about insults. I see this everywhere. They all do that because their mothers did it to them. Their teachers do that. It is some kindnof weird, reverse psychology thing that is supposed to instill in the recipient a, "Oh yeah?! I'll show you!" attitude and make them work harder to give the other person what they want. If not that, it's the comparison. "Why can't you be like so and so...?" "He got his wife an iPhone" "He got straight A's" Yes. They do it to their kids too. I see this everyday. Everywhere.

I sit around at the bar with my married colleagues. It doesn't matter where they are from, Shanghai, Beijing, Henan, Guizhou... The stories about wives are all the same. The "appearance" of sweetness ENDS when they got you!

The guy in here with the Indonesian wife said they describe Chinese women as "cerewet". i see it everywhere. This is a CULTURAL thing. It is not a good or bad thing. Most Chinese guys are used to it and pay it no mind. I'm pretty adaptable as a foreigner and, though it can be grating, I can deal. I can assure you, Winston, that you are not ready. Falcon and your dad know you better than I, but I have read most of your work. I believe you should listen to them.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Yohan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:14 pm

ethan_sg wrote:A lot of people who judge China from the outside or after only spending a few days in China make the mistake of:

1. Believing everything the Western Media paints about China. The western media is biased against China, and likes to play up the negative points but overlook the good ones. Part of the reason is that bad news sells, good news is generally not newsworthy.
-----
If China is as broken or dysfunctional a society as some of you make it out to be, then why are birth rates in China significantly higher, and divorce rates significantly lower than countries within or inflicted by the anglosphere? For instance, the divorce rate in America is 53% while in quite a few Western European countries, it is over 60%. It is only about 20% in China. There is no comparison.


Unfortunately there is often no other way but to believe the Western media, as all Chinese media are heavily censored, including the internet, statistics are often manipulated, just as it fits the Chinese Communist Party.

If you think you cannot trust Western media, I will tell you you cannot trust Chinese media either.
I see no reason why severely censored Chinese media are more trustworthy than Western media.

About divorce rates in China, I don't know anything about data in rural areas, but in Beijing the divorce rate is 39 percent, in Shanghai 38 percent and in Shenzhen 36 percent.

Divorce rate in China is nowadays quite similar to Japan and South Korea - to compare China with USA is rather misleading, better look up data in Asian countries.

You might compare the divorce rates in China with those of 35 percent in Taiwan and HongKong, I see no much difference to mainland China within the large cities. In Japan divorce rate is about 27 percent.

Using your argument about Chinese data, I might point out that the divorce rate in Philippines is ZERO, the lowest in this world.
Divorce does not exist in Philippine law.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Yohan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm

Winston wrote:.....B im doing better in China than Philippines because in China im dating normal quality girls, not hookers or bar girls, and ive already had two girlfriends that were into me and still have other prospects as well. Plus ive met a lot of high quality Chinese girls and befriended them during my travels, which ive sent out photos of to my private wechat group.

Marcoszeitola,
You dont have dating experience in China to compare. I do. Ask rock and ethan_sg and zboy1 to compare.


Well, Winston, you did not mention in this comment that you are a Chinese yourself (Asian-American) and you can speak and read fluently Chinese.
This makes a huge difference to people like Marcos, who is white and does not know anything about the Chinese language.

Many Chinese women in mainland China are interested to meet only relatively wealthy overseas Chinese (living permanently in USA, UK, Australia etc.) and are often very reluctant to consider other men who do not fit this criteria.

Marcos has no dating experience in China, this is true, but why should he? He is happy with Philippines. About myself, I have dating experience with some Chinese girls outside of China (UK, Malaysia, Singapore - Cantonese, Hakka) and I was living with a Chinese family (Hokkien) together for 3 years in Malaysia and why do you think did I say good-bye to all of them and moved on to Japan? Simply said, Japan fits me better.

For sure, China might be a good destination for you and Chinese women might fit you best as you are of Chinese descent yourself, but for sure this is not true for everybody.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby ethan_sg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Well China's divorce rates are still easily lower than that of 90% of countries around the world. Why not focus on their issues first?

I'm not sure which girls you're meeting but I'm post 80's myself and I've gone out with both post 80's and 90's girls over here and I would say the vast majority of them can cook. The exception would probably be native Shanghainese girls but that's no surprise.

Also I see many Chinese girls here who typically just buy local brand clothing or even clothing without brands, often even at stores you can bargain prices at. Only a minority go exclusively for international brands and even then it's the lower end mass market types like Zara, Uniqlo or H&M. Compare that with their counterparts in developed Asian countries for instance where many women are obsessed with luxury brands like Prada, Gucci, Hermes, Louis Vutton etc. and would never be seen outdoors wearing clothes that are not at least of an international brand. In Singapore for instance, the minimum quality of handbag that every girl expects to be seen out with is a Louis Vutton bag which typically costs at least 1500 USD or so - just for a handbag. In China, most girls don't give a dam. Try living in Singapore for a while and you will understand how bad Asian materialism can really get. Chinese levels are benign.

I'm guessing you've spent lots of time at Chinese cybercafes (网吧) where there are lots of game addicts who practically live there, but then again these guys are a sub-segment of society. If young mainland Chinese guys on the whole were as lazy as you claim, I doubt the Chinese economy would have grown as quickly as it has over the last 5 years. While it may no longer be achieving 10% annual growth rates, that's only natural because it's starting from a much higher base, but in absolute terms it is still growing as much as before.

Mind you us happierabroaders might not want it to grow that quickly as we all know what tends to happen to first world countries. :D

Come on married life is tough and it's difficult (some may even say unnatural) for you to spend the rest of your life seeing the same person everyday. When married men and women get a chance to get together with their friends for drinks it's common to have a good whine together about married life and focus on the negatives over drinks. The positives are often not talked about, because the positives are often taken for granted and don't make good conversational topics.



The_Adventurer wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:the divorce rate in America is 53% while in quite a few Western European countries, it is over 60%. It is only about 20% in China. There is no comparison.


What was it 5 years ago? And 5 years before that? You can't tell me the post 90's kids aren't f***ed. Girls can't cook worth a damn, don't know what a broom is, expect a man to do everything for them. They are spoiled and materialistic to a T. I think the comparison with American women was quite fair.

The guys are spoiled and lazy and have no work ethic. If you're not constantly standing over their shoulder, they'll be playing video games.

Post 80's are almost as bad.

EVERYTHING that I left American to get away from is easily found or fastly creeping in here. The one difference is the girls are more femenine, but there are cultural differences that bring about other evils to compensate for that.

Winston talked about insults. I see this everywhere. They all do that because their mothers did it to them. Their teachers do that. It is some kindnof weird, reverse psychology thing that is supposed to instill in the recipient a, "Oh yeah?! I'll show you!" attitude and make them work harder to give the other person what they want. If not that, it's the comparison. "Why can't you be like so and so...?" "He got his wife an iPhone" "He got straight A's" Yes. They do it to their kids too. I see this everyday. Everywhere.

I sit around at the bar with my married colleagues. It doesn't matter where they are from, Shanghai, Beijing, Henan, Guizhou... The stories about wives are all the same. The "appearance" of sweetness ENDS when they got you!

The guy in here with the Indonesian wife said they describe Chinese women as "cerewet". i see it everywhere. This is a CULTURAL thing. It is not a good or bad thing. Most Chinese guys are used to it and pay it no mind. I'm pretty adaptable as a foreigner and, though it can be grating, I can deal. I can assure you, Winston, that you are not ready. Falcon and your dad know you better than I, but I have read most of your work. I believe you should listen to them.
Last edited by ethan_sg on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 am
Location: Shanghai

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Yohan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Winston wrote:-- Chinese women have higher standards than Filipina women do. They are more complicated too.

Is being complicated and having higher (material) standards a sign of superiority? You must consider White American women superior too, by that logic. :lol:
Seriously dude, what have YOU been smoking?

The assertion that Filipino's are inferior for taking low-paying jobs abroad is downright nasty...


To be fair it should be noticed that Chinese from mainland China from rural areas are also taking low-paying jobs abroad.

Check out HongKong and see yourself how these Chinese workers are living there. Horrible conditions.

Chinese workers from the poor inner parts of China are not only in HongKong, but also in Russia and even in Latin America and are often facing bad labor conditions, similar to the Filipinos. Even the Chinese media do not deny it.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2013-08/04/content_16869613.htm
Chinese workers overseas need protection
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2013xivisit/2013-06/03/content_16558268.htm
Others are working for Chinese construction companies overseas
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2013-05/25/content_16530924.htm

Many Chinese workers are jobless and try to work as illegals outside of China, for example in Russia, and of course they also try to enter Japan... As a fact, by far not all Chinese are rich, the difference between poor and rich is huge.
Working in Chinese factories, or in mines, or with the military etc. within China is not known to be fun - working conditions are poor, payment is low, workers cannot expect much protection by Chinese laws.
Last edited by Yohan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby ethan_sg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm not saying to believe the Chinese media either. What I'm saying is most people outside of China including overseas Chinese around the world, perhaps even Winston's Dad who hasn't been to China, have their impressions of China shaped by the Western media and the non-representative samples they meet in their own countries.

I never said to trust the Chinese media either. We should not go by what the media tells us. We should come here to live and experience it for ourselves. So far China has proven to be a good fit for people like Zboy and I, and increasingly Winston as well.

Those divorce rates you cite in major Chinese cities may pertain only to native shanghainese, Beijingers and Shenzhenese. As you probably know, most people who live and work in these cities are not originally from these cities, and may not have Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen 'Hukou’, and their marriages may therefore be registered in their home cities. Therefore these divorce stats may not be representative of these cities themselves but only the minority of natives within the cities. Of course at the same time you would assume they would have a higher overall divorce rate than smaller cities, since the stats show that development and westernization are highly correlated with divorce rates, but this disparity could be exaggerated due to the explanation given above.

Funny that unlike with China, for Japan you don't cite the divorce rate for Tokyo per se. Lol. Wikipedia cites the overall divorce rate in Japan as being 36%(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography) and this doesn't take into consideration the already extremely low marriage and birth rates in Japan.

Simply because divorce is illegal in Philippines doesn't mean infidelity and marriage problems don't exist. I've also read about increasing marriage annulments in the Philippines which is basically a backdoor way of getting a divorce. Plus Philippines is probably the most westernized country in South East Asia after Singapore because of its history with Spanish colonization and American influence. Westernization tends to be correlated with more sexually liberal attitudes which may have a negative effect on marriage quality and sustainability in the long run too. There are Happier Abroaders out there who believe that any girl who can speak a decent level of English is likely to be more corrupted by Westernization and hence they prefer to avoid those types. Well in the Philippines the English standards are very high compared to the rest of Asia. Not saying I hold this view but I'm just sharing a school of thought. Personally while I can speak Mandarin I like it when the girls I date in China can speak a little English too.






Yohan wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:A lot of people who judge China from the outside or after only spending a few days in China make the mistake of:

1. Believing everything the Western Media paints about China. The western media is biased against China, and likes to play up the negative points but overlook the good ones. Part of the reason is that bad news sells, good news is generally not newsworthy.
-----
If China is as broken or dysfunctional a society as some of you make it out to be, then why are birth rates in China significantly higher, and divorce rates significantly lower than countries within or inflicted by the anglosphere? For instance, the divorce rate in America is 53% while in quite a few Western European countries, it is over 60%. It is only about 20% in China. There is no comparison.


Unfortunately there is often no other way but to believe the Western media, as all Chinese media are heavily censored, including the internet, statistics are often manipulated, just as it fits the Chinese Communist Party.

If you think you cannot trust Western media, I will tell you you cannot trust Chinese media either.
I see no reason why severely censored Chinese media are more trustworthy than Western media.

About divorce rates in China, I don't know anything about data in rural areas, but in Beijing the divorce rate is 39 percent, in Shanghai 38 percent and in Shenzhen 36 percent.

Divorce rate in China is nowadays quite similar to Japan and South Korea - to compare China with USA is rather misleading, better look up data in Asian countries.

You might compare the divorce rates in China with those of 35 percent in Taiwan and HongKong, I see no much difference to mainland China within the large cities. In Japan divorce rate is about 27 percent.

Using your argument about Chinese data, I might point out that the divorce rate in Philippines is ZERO, the lowest in this world.
Divorce does not exist in Philippine law.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 am
Location: Shanghai

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Falcon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Winston wrote:From my dad:

"I read your forum member Falcon's post that suggests you to go back to Dianne and Angelo. When he was in our home, I was amazed that his views about life are very mature although he is so young. After I read his post, I found he knows Chinese very well both political and social behaviors of Chinese women. He is very wise about how to live a happy and meaningful life. Please hear what he tried to suggest you seriously. Love dad"


Please pass on my thanks and regards to Mr. Wu. During my visit to Taiwan, I was also quite impressed by your dad's calm, practical approach to life, and would like to thank them again for all the tasty vegetarian meals they had invited me to. You really do have cool parents.

I don't claim to be wise or mature, but I just try to keep an open mind and learn as much things as I can from life. There are still so many more things I have to learn, and Rock can definitely testify to this.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Postby Yohan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 pm

ethan_sg wrote:Those divorce rates you cite in major Chinese cities may pertain only to native shanghainese, Beijingers and Shenzhenese. As you probably know, most people who live and work in these cities are not originally from these cities...
---
Funny that unlike with China, for Japan you don't cite the divorce rate for Tokyo per se. Lol. Wikipedia cites the overall divorce rate in Japan as being 36%(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography) and this doesn't take into consideration the already extremely low marriage and birth rates in Japan.


Divorce rates in China are difficult to measure, simply said because of gender imbalance in rural areas, there are more men than women, if they cannot marry, because there are no women, they also cannot divorce - we do not have any gender imbalance in Japan.

The divorce rate is now estimated to be in Japan around 27 percent and still declining, while the Chinese divorce rate is going up.
https://meigakucontrastingcultures.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/global-divorce-rate-comparison-for-japan.pdf

Wikipedia is using old data from 2010, not from 2012, no estimate given for 2015. About cities, I have never seen a breakup in cities in Japan, and divorce is usually out of court, just fill up an internet form and next day sign it in the ward office - finished. There is no waiting time for a divorce of many months like in China.

It is also difficult to find data from China about all China and while Japan has only 127 million people, China has over 1350 million people.
In some years divorce rates will be about the same in China, Japan, South Korea, HongKong, Taiwan I guess. Somewhat in the 30 percent level I guess.

About low birthrates, simply said we are too many on these few islands, population reduction in Japan is not bad, same is true with China and many other Asian nations.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest