Queretaro Mexico Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Re: Queretaro Mexico Trip Report

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 11:11 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 7:29 am
MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:55 pm

i took at look at hotels in Juarez on google, there's a bunch of really nice looking hotels there. So if the city used to be a hellhole it seems to have improved a lot.
Juarez still has a long ways to go before it can recover completely, though there's significantly less drug violence; but it's shown signs of improvement.
My question is, are these cities really such shitholes? Because you wouldn't expect to find such nice looking hotels in such a shithole city.
Juarez has nice hotels, mostly in the area east of downtown which looks like suburbia in the U.S. The shitty areas of Juarez are west of downtown (the part you see from I-10 near UTEP in El Paso), and the southwest part of the city.
and the brothels are in which area?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Mostly near downtown
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 6:55 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:

Mostly near downtown
so is the brothel areas in downtown safe? If not can't you just pay a little extra and have the girls sent to your hotel?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 1:53 am
MattHanson1990 wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:

Mostly near downtown
so is the brothel areas in downtown safe? If not can't you just pay a little extra and have the girls sent to your hotel?
I'm sure they're safe in the daytime. Don't know about at night as I have only been to the red light district during the day.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 12:41 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 1:53 am
MattHanson1990 wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:

Mostly near downtown
I'm sure they're safe in the daytime. Don't know about at night as I have only been to the red light district during the day.
well that's common sense. Don't run around 3rd world countries at night. Then again most 3rd world countries are actually safer than America, statistically.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

well that's common sense. Don't run around 3rd world countries at night. Then again most 3rd world countries are actually safer than America, statistically.
In Mexico you can pretty much walk safely in just about any community. But in the U.S. crime is more random and indiscriminate, and some cities (e.g. Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Albuquerque) have high homicide rates. School shootings are becoming increasingly common as well.
blacktee
Freshman Poster

Post by blacktee »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 8:37 am
In Mexico you can pretty much walk safely in just about any community. But in the U.S. crime is more random and indiscriminate, and some cities (e.g. Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Albuquerque) have high homicide rates. School shootings are becoming increasingly common as well.
No way! I thought mexico had 50k + killings a year just in Mexico city
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

blacktee wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 3:58 pm
MattHanson1990 wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 8:37 am
No way! I thought mexico had 50k + killings a year just in Mexico city
Drug violence isn't a problem in Mexico City FYI; it's mostly in places like Acapulco, Culiacán, Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, etc.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I was in Queretaro in July, in the old city and I loved it - the people were really polite and friendly - people will greet you 'buenas dias' as you walk past them and of course, that rubbed off on me real quick and when I did it to them they would happily respond including - women! Amazing but true.

I went in July so it was university holidays for Mexican students so there were women of all colours everywhere working in cafes, bars and restaurants - what struck me was the amount of white women I met who were doing holiday jobs - white Mexican women - some were blonde, some were brunette, they had blue eyes, green eyes but they were Mexican - one of them I struck up a friendship with and who wrote to me when I got back home called me a 'gringo' :lol: I had to tell her I am a Peruvian citizen - it's funny because she would be the stereotypical white girl and I look Latino but it's culture isn't it? Actually, I got friendly with a fair few of them and they were nice girls, beautiful, some of them are white, some are not - the prettiest I met was a Mestiza, I could have took her home but such is life.

I was trying to traverse the old town and all those f***ing back streets looked the same so I got lost so I was wondering around getting more and more lost and asked this gentleman of vintage years where Avenida Universidad was and he stopped a taxi and told the driver where to take me - people were friendly like that and what drealm said was also true - you might be on your own there but you don't feel lonely - because their culture and society include you - they acknowledge your existence, they say hello to you, they are polite and dignified and treat you with respect - it isn't like back in the UK that's for sure.

The only annoying thing about the part of Queretaro was that there were no supermarkets nearby, there was a big market near the old town but no supermarkets where I could go grocery shopping and cook my own food because I like doing that when I am abroad - they had those shitty Oxxo's everywhere though that sold crisps, biscuits and all kinds of soft drinks which wasn't for me and strangely enough, the part of Queretaro I was in was 'dry' none of the bars, cafes or restaurants sold beer or alcohol which was strange but cross Av Universidad and you could order a beer with your meal.

I loved Mexico, the people were amazing, I thought the food was great but prefer Peruvian food, Queretaro was a great city to spend a few weeks in and I recommend it highly, I wouldn't go there for 'women' but there are nice looking women there and I saw plenty of them - I think if you want to get with women in Latin America is you need to speak Spanish (or Portuguese) and be a fixture and I don't think it would be massively hard to find a nice girlfriend there - China is the same, you can't go to China for two weeks with no Chinese and then moan because none of the women are taking an interest in you.