Ladislav in Kyiv Ukraine Now

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Ladislav in Kyiv Ukraine Now

Post by Wolfeye »

Good to hear, thank's Ladislav. I'm getting rolling on some stuff right now, but I really do worry about the course of this place. So many things are not a good sign & I don't think I've seen more than a handful of things get better (and even then, only on a small scale- none of which involving New York, if I remember correctly).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Wolfeye, the US passport and banking are still stable and reliable. Credit is easy to get. The infrastructure and services are good, the people are professional and reliable for the most part. There are many opportunities for stable investments.

We should use America's good points and seek other good points in other countries. That's the idea. There's no use wasting time bemoaning America's negative aspects. Start working on how to generate dollar-based income in the US and live abroad.

On the original topic. After I spent 4 more days in Odessa, I got on a plane, flew to Istanbul, then Dubai and then, Manila. It's a pretty big change in environment. I am both happy and unhappy. Gone are the blondes in mini skirts and the beautiful architecture. Manila looks drab, and the people in T shirts look kind of plain.

But I am also glad to be away from a country at war. It was a bit of a feast during the plague there. People were being drafted right and left, but everyone was pretending it was not happening. No one was talking about it.

Anyway, I am still talking to people there on Skype and telling them about the Philippines.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

So how do you wind up talking to these people? I know other countries are different from America (the separatist style is something that it makes it hard to make friends & trusting someone like family right from the beginning is a bit extreme of a first step), but is it really that easy to get in touch with people? Here, people frequently don't even know their neighbors very well. THAT is the kind of thing I'm looking to get some distance from. It's not the financial stuff that worries me quite as much as the social stuff. There can always be something of a financial reset (or whatever it's called where the money spends in a way that's different from how it's officially valued). A social one SOUNDS easier, but that would entail people doing things differently than they've formed a habit of doing. I've noticed a trend where it seems that people are thinking they'll disappear if they don't repeat their mistakes.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I meet them online on language boards. Then, I make friends with them.

Where abroad have you been, Wolfeye?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Nowhere, yet. I'm planning to move out & just wander from there, landing where I land (I originally had been thinking Portugal or Spain, but now I'm somewhat leaning toward the Czech Republic- maybe I'll live there & winter in Spain, I don't know). I figure I'll get Italian citizenship through my ancestry & then, at the very least, I can transfer this to whatever kids I might have in the future. Any suggestions? I tend to be an informal, honest, outdoors type that doesn't like a lot of micro-managing (I'd definitely call myself a big believer in personal accountability). I keep thinking the Slavic places, although I really live the vivaciousness of the Latin countries (and the women, of course).

There ARE areas of America that interest me, but the thing is that they are still within AMERICAN borders. I think that part would somewhat ensure federal f***ing-up of whatever good thing you might manage to get in another area here. I also think that the more they alienate the world (possibly getting some wars dealt their way) & the more they keep 'branching out" legally here, it doesn't seem like it'll be good. Especially long enough to raise a family.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Wolfeye,

Let's start a thread on your own particular plan of moving abroad.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Sure, I'll put it in the General Discussions section.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

LAdislav: I put my plan in the General Discussions section (actually did it a few days ago). What do you think about it?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Ladislav, what do you think about Kiev?

Seems that people are more educated and open minded there. Of course, the negatives are that its more expensive and the people more cynical.
Depswa7
Freshman Poster

Post by Depswa7 »

Thanks for a great review Ladislav but from my overview it doesn't seem you actually spoke with any of these single women or ask them out. I'm aware you were only passing through but still
doesn't make sense not to at least hang out for a view days.

Also everyone always having a negative review about US girls is ridiculous, I've been to many countries and even lived In Quezon City with a women for a period of time until it got on my nerves and
moved on. Women are Women, if they like/love you they will treat you well. If it's really love you're after.

I always had a desire to travel to Ukraine but see it's gonna be a language issue and out of a few scattered clubs in Kiev seems like there isn't much to do and has absolutely zero fun factor like Pattaya or Angeles City.

Most ppl think they want to find a hot sexy lady to settle down with until they end up seeing a hotter girl. I dunno maybe, but most expats who are married and living abroad don't seem happy. My advice
just go and have some fun, doesn't matter your age, just look and act respectful and the rest will come easy.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Depswa7

I am 55, so I think I am a bit over the hill asking younger UA girls out. UA isn't the Philippines.

Most girls working in restaurants/ cafes are in the 18-25 category. I did flirt with some, and they were sweet and polite, but too busy and always running off. I was with my teacher every day, too, and she is a priest's daughter, so it was not a good situation.

UA is not for everyone. Either you like it and want to fit in or the girl is into America and wants to be with you because of that.

I was surprised at how few adult people spoke fluent English. Foreigners who live there speak Russian, like the Arabs for one. So, unless you are willing to adjust culturally or find someone who likes Americans and English ( which is still a big number) it may not be as easy as going to the Philippines and getting a gf there.

So, my report was definitely limited in that respect. But the number of girls is staggering, and they are not arrogant or anything. Who would be in the time of war?

As far as sophistication.

Kiev is a good town, but Ukraine is pretty much a rural nation ala one big Kansas. Except that they like to look good- no fat, plain Janes in sneakers or T shirts among them.

Yeah, you can find " sophisticated" girls there and they dress smart, but don't expect St. Petersburg type intellectual women. People there are into practical things or now, into helping the war effort.

Odessa is pretty good, but most UA people are basically transplanted country folks. They don't have a big elite of slick urbanites. Most are one-two generation removed from a wheat field or a vegetable patch. But that also gives them that special fresh charm.

I second the uselessness of bashing American women. Women are women everywhere, true, but market dynamics are different from place to place. The US is a rich country with more young men than young women. The Phils and UA are poorer countries with more young women than men. That makes the dating market in the latter two way better than in the US for an average Joe. His chances of having a good romantic life are increased manifold. Opportunities are way better in the latter two.

To give a rough comparison: Both Saudi Arabia and Canada have water. Water is the same everywhere. Saudi Arabia has some oases here and there, but mostly, it's desert. Canada, otoh,has a huge number of lakes. Where would you go if you were looking for water? Would you go to Saudi Arabia or Canada?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Ladislav: Not to nag, but I would like your input on my plan to move abroad (something you asked me about earlier). I posted it as a separate thread in the General Discussions section. You seem to have been around & I would like to know how my idea would go. At the very least, maybe you can give me some insight to life in some of the Slavic lands?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33432788
The photogenic new police officers patrolling Kiev's streets
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. Ladislav just got permanent residency in Ukraine! Heres what he told our facebook group about it.

https://mobile.facebook.com/groups/7616 ... =bookmarks

Ladislav:

"Just got permanent residency in Ukraine.

I am in Kiev. It wasn't easy. Had to hire an attorney. There were lots and lots of documents that they wanted. American ones had to be apostilled in the US. FedEx here, FedEx there. Notary here, notary there. Translator here, translator there. The lawyer provided a landlord who came and declared me as living on his premises, too.

The attorney was very good and he did not ask for a retainer. I paid him as we went. Applied in September, got it just now. Not a very pleasant experience. They checked me in the SBU- the Security Services.

In January, a new law was passed that now everybody has to have an interview with the SBU. Luckily, by then, I had already gone thru their circuit.

The total cost was about USD 1500.

The attorney said that citizenship was not really necessary. UA permanent residency was enough, really. Ukraine does not allow dual nationality, but there are ways to get around it, too. But it costs more. You only need citizenship if you want a political career here. You can buy all kinds of real estate, even land- as long as it's not large farming tracts even if you are not a citizen. By the way RE here is very cheap now. Way cheaper than even in the Philippines.

With this PR " passport" I don't even need to live in Ukraine. It is given for life, unlike the US green card with which you need to visit the US once a year.

I spoke to an attorney about all the HA guys, and he said marriage is the quickest way. Then, territorial descent- even if it is grandparents who had lived in any part that became Ukraine at any time in the past - even 100 years back. Regardless of their ethnicity. For example, even if they were German colonists here.

Or if you have $100K to invest. Then, there are quota visas- for people such as priests, or scientists, etc.

For me, it's a big redemption for past injustices. I always lived here on temporary "visas" even in the USSR times. This is how bad the laws were here before.

The grivna is at 26 to the dollar. Soon it will be like the Thai baht.

The political situation is not stable. A crowd of goons just went vandalizing Russian banks here. Throwing rocks and then, they went inside and wreaked havoc, They want nothing Russian in the country. They even mark any company that is Russian, even if it is a restaurant or a clothing store. Russian citizens have hard time even visiting. There's talk of more unrest. Many people have guns now. Lots of riot cops.

Americans and EU people are welcome with open arms- the immigration is very polite. No disembarkation card is needed. 90 days in and 90 days out if you are on a tourist visa.

May we all live in interesting times!"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I am sure the anti Russian goons are more than likely paid by the West trying to take the country down ? That kinda sounded like Nazi Germany ?
Time to Hide!