Davewe's Boracay Trip Video with Wife

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Davewe's Boracay Trip Video with Wife

Post by davewe »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: Our Boracay Video

Post by Lorenzo »

Very nice, thanks for sharing. It really gave me a vibe of Boracay. I had booked and paid for a trip there with a filipina lady I was serious with...but I called it off and cancelled. Always wondered what Boracay was like.

That skinny girl of yours can eat like a horse LOL!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyX10
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyX10 »

Nice video Dave. 10 times an hour is just about right! How would you compare it to Alona Beach in Bohol ? Coming back in December and looking for new islands. Have you ever been to Camiguin?
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Wnderful video. Looks like paradise.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

HappyX10 wrote:Nice video Dave. 10 times an hour is just about right! How would you compare it to Alona Beach in Bohol ? Coming back in December and looking for new islands. Have you ever been to Camiguin?
We were at Alona last year. Alona is like a small version of Boracay - similar island hopping, dinner on the beach, etc. But maybe 1/4 of the size both physically and in numbers of tourists.

I like both but in limited doses. But if you go to Alona the rest of Bohol is just as interesting. At Boracay you can go to various beaches, other than the famous White beach but most everything you will do will be beach oriented.

As to the question - is it overrun with tourists. I guess that depends on what you want. If you're comparing it to Atlantic City - it's not overrun. If you're comparing it to Moalboal where we also went on this trip - then it does seem overrun. The biggest problem isn't that there are too many people - but not enough Filipinas. I mean if you want to hang out with other Americans/Europeans/Koreans and Chinese it's great. If you want to hang out with Filipinos - not as great, though certainly there are Filipino tourists there.
Last edited by davewe on August 4th, 2015, 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

BTW, here's a video of Snorkeling at Boracay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWqDmjr7Tx8
HappyX10
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyX10 »

Traveled inland in Bohol this June and loved it. It was nice to get away from the tourists/westerners. Completely different environment when your the only white guy who makes the effort to understand and learn about the Philippine culture. You get rewarded exponentially by making the first step/putting your hand out/ being yourself!!
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

IMO there's more to see and do in Bohol than Boracay and it's far less congested with tourists. Both are worthy of a visit though.
falcon garson
Freshman Poster

Post by falcon garson »

Its really nice video thanks for sharing it with us. It bring me back in memories and recall some lovely moments of my life.