Kiev go-go bars and nightlife

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kiev go-go bars and nightlife

Post by ladislav »

UAH- Ukraine grivna= 21 to the dollar.

I got a short break in Saudi and flew to Kiev to just relax for a week or so. I have finally decided to check out its night life. And , while at it, to compare it to Ph and Thailand.

There is no red light district here, and bars are scattered around -- like in Cebu. Inside, they are mainly pole dancing bars. So, you don't have 8 girls dancing at the same time stomping their feet in one small place- as in PH. Usually, it's like 4 max and each one has a pole. All bars are topless. All of them. The girls do their typical contortions on the poles. Then, they approach you ( uncalled and uninvited) and ask you if you need a lap dance, a session in private/erotic massage, etc.

There does not seem to be a lady's drink system at some bars. Also, there is an entrance fee- UAH 200-300. Beers are UAH 35-70. Cocktails-UAH 150 and then,there was also food at some and it was all in the UAH 100-300 range.

So, you basically buy the lady the drink and she still sits near you and pushes her offers of private massage. One said-" OK, I'll sit with you and talk but you should pay me UAH 600 for 30 minutes of my time". Basically $ 56 an hour. I paid her the money, hahahah. But only for thirty minutes. Just to find out about her. She was about 22 and told me she had a degree in journalism.

Many of these girls also like to dye their hair black- a blonde look is not exotic for them.

At one small club I went to which had 8 girls, everybody was very nice to me and polite and they were telling me that they did not want to let me go. However, one girl crawled over me like a panther and then opened up her panties and asked me to put a UAH 100 note in there. Others also approached me and I gave them UAH 30 -60 and they felt insulted. Why so little?

At these two bigger bars, they were not very friendly- kind of like in the US- you have sullen bouncers inside and outside who are grandstanding with feet apart. They got on my nerves. Then, at this other bar, I left the premises and was in the hallway studying a painting and this bouncer was standing there looking at me suspiciously.

As far as the actual sound system, the decor, and the inside structure, these were OK - kind of like in the PH; however, one big bar had huge columns between dance platform, and beads hanging down. This way, you could only see the girls in front of you. Kind of silly.

Also, they do not seem to like it much when you come alone-- and they relegated me to the back seat- they said the front row and large middle seats was for "groups".

Apparently, there is no bar fine and the girls cost $80-120 a pop- till you cum. An all-nighter is some $200-300 and up.

Brothels are everywhere, and taxi drivers take you there. Same prices apply. Some brothels apparently have their own rooms and at some, you take the girl home., The girls are 18-25.

There are VERY few foreigners in Kiev now. The bars are almost empty. I saw some Arabs, some Chinese and some who appeared to be Americans, but who were dark haired- like Sicilians or something.

On a side note, it's Indian summer now, and it's very warm. The air is clean. There's little traffic.

I have also noted that the spoken language of choice is still Russian everywhere. The plan by the gov't was to phase it out, but people still prefer to speak Russian- even the kids do to each other. Schools and signs and TV is in the local language, but Russian is what people use by choice- even though there's a war with Russia.

I guess this is going to be like Ireland when it comes to the language of the colonizer. They still speak English and always will -- even though they have own language.

Also, while Kiev seems to be pleasant, the PH is a much happier place over all. Here, I am pretty much a nobody- just like in the USA.

over and out.

L. in Kiev, UA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Kiev go-go bars and nightlife

Post by gsjackson »

Yeah, it would be nice to get some information about women who aren't prostitutes. You're always going to feel like "nobody" when you know the woman is interested only in your wallet.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The non-nightlife girls are way more approachable than in the US/ Anglosphere. They don't have the perma-scowl and the grimace of scorn that you get from Anglo girls.

I chatted up some waitresses, and they do treat you like a human being, not like a coffin maggot. I could feel that if I continued, I could get a phone number from them or have them add me to their FB.

I ate at one cafe every day and left tips for waitresses and now they all nod and smile at me. They are all blondes and 18-22 years old. Not very tall. Also, they hear I have a foreign accent so they get curious. So, the answer is, you can do the day game and yes, you will come out with a girl/date. It helps if you speak some kind of Russian, even non fluent will do.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

ladislav wrote:The non-nightlife girls are way more approachable than in the US/ Anglosphere. They don't have the perma-scowl and the grimace of scorn that you get from Anglo girls.

I chatted up some waitresses, and they do treat you like a human being, not like a coffin maggot. I could feel that if I continued, I could get a phone number from them or have them add me to their FB.

I ate at one cafe every day and left tips for waitresses and now they all nod and smile at me. They are all blondes and 18-22 years old. Not very tall. Also, they hear I have a foreign accent so they get curious. So, the answer is, you can do the day game and yes, you will come out with a girl/date. It helps if you speak some kind of Russian, even non fluent will do.
Sweeeet man, thanks, I can't wait!!
Something that doesn't get mentioned much though:
How is the situation with AIDS? as far as I understand it's one of the most affected countries.
Also, how about the radioactive fallout and the girls' health? I heard in the past it was risky having kids with these girls, but is there any truth to that?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

And a bit of life experience to add. Taxis in Ukraine should be reserved in advance for air travel anywhere.

God forbid you travel on a Friday or anywhere around the rush hour. You may not be able to get a taxi unless reserved way in advance. I had to pray for a miracle, and then one appeared and charged me an arm and a leg, then I prayed for another miracle and the flight was delayed.

Make sure you leave your hotel 3 hours before at least. The traffic jams on the bridge(s) across the Dnipro are a nightmare.

Taxis no longer roam the streets of Kiev looking for pax. And they don’t seem to do it in Moldova. It would be too expensive for them. What they do is just park at/on busy street corners- sometimes even on the side walk- and wait for pax to approach them. That’s the new way.

Also, the pace at which you go thru the security at the airports seems to be about three times slower than in the US. The same goes for the immigration booth. The line in/out is sloooooooooooow. They talk and talk and then, the officer is slooooooooooow at putting the stamp into the passport. This is why you need to add an extra hour to all flights, Possibly leave the hotel even 4 hours ahead.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How is the situation with AIDS? as far as I understand it's one of the most affected countries.
Also, how about the radioactive fallout and the girls' health? I heard in the past it was risky having kids with these girls, but is there any truth to that?
Hmm, excellent questions to which I don't know the answers. I would check out some 'Russian wives' forum- such American forums proudly and stubbornly include Ukrainians as 'Russian' wives, too.

These are serious concerns.

My understanding is that AIDS here is more among IV drug users and the hookers who do drugs and thus their clients, but by default, it may have branched out into "cleaner" sections of society.

And yes, radiation is another problem. You don't want a two headed child with one eye and four legs as your son/daughter.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

ladislav wrote:And yes, radiation is another problem. You don't want a two headed child with one eye and four legs as your son/daughter.
From Chernobyl? Thirty years later?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Chernobyl will be uninhabitable for 16,000 years or so. 30 years is nothing. So, this is a good question to raise at one of those Russian wives forums. Do I run the risk of having a deformed child? How is everyone coping with it?

On a different note, I am back in Saudi Arabia- and not so unhappy after all. I like being away from all the chaos and on an oil cloud.

My last night in Kiev I noticed one thing: the girl is not all yours even after you buy her drinks.

You get a girl at a go go bar/ strip bar to sit with you and all. But unlike in the PH, where she is " yours" as long as you buy her the lady's drinks, a Ukrainian girl leaves you periodically to dance the pole and also, to go and sit on some other guy's lap-- with only a g-string on, facing him and twerking on him. And you can see him pawing her and her tits thrusting into his face. Then, the song is over and she leaves him and jumps back to where you are.

"I'm back', she says with a smile.

Also, it is one song- one girl. Unlike in the PH, where it is like 5 songs.

Another interesting detail is that the go go bar industry which in the PH is a shelter for single moms is not that way in Ukraine. The girls I met were all in their early twenties and none had any kids. This accounted for their pert, firm, jutting young breasts.

Most were studying in college taking all kinds of very serious subjects and this was just a job at which you could make some decent money. Also, most were just dancers and not hookers.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ghost wrote:
Another interesting detail is that the go go bar industry which in the PH is a shelter for single moms is not that way in Ukraine. The girls I met were all in their early twenties and none had any kids. This accounted for their pert, firm, jutting young breasts.

Most were studying in college taking all kinds of very serious subjects and this was just a job at which you could make some decent money. Also, most were just dancers and not hookers.
Sounds a lot like the U.S. There are even more females like this in the U.S. now, doing stripping/hooking on the side to make cash for college due to the shitty economy.

Coming from a country with such a low birthrate, that doesn't surprise me.
Ukraine birthrate is low. Very few Western foreigners, too. Most foreigners there are Arabs and Turks. One girl told me about how they are not compatible because of Islam and all. I was thinking- man, we need more Americans in Kiev- they would treat the lady right.

They just reinstated the draft and all the young men are soon gonna be off to their army posts. 20-27 is the new wave of draftees. Then, there is a mobilization of those who had already served. Russia has been officially declared an enemy country. The nationalistic fervor of WWII magnitude is beginning to form.

We will soon see cities with no young guys in them. A smorgasbord for an opportunistic dater. But also a great place for someone who wants to go and help a country that needs help and hope.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ukraine won't get a nickel of my money until they no longer have a war-mongering junta government comprised of Jewish oligarchs and neo-Nazi thugs, and controlled by American neocons.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

ladislav wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Sounds a lot like the U.S. There are even more females like this in the U.S. now, doing stripping/hooking on the side to make cash for college due to the shitty economy.

Coming from a country with such a low birthrate, that doesn't surprise me.
Ukraine birthrate is low. Very few Western foreigners, too. Most foreigners there are Arabs and Turks. One girl told me about how they are not compatible because of Islam and all. I was thinking- man, we need more Americans in Kiev- they would treat the lady right.

They just reinstated the draft and all the young men are soon gonna be off to their army posts. 20-27 is the new wave of draftees. Then, there is a mobilization of those who had already served. Russia has been officially declared an enemy country. The nationalistic fervor of WWII magnitude is beginning to form.

We will soon see cities with no young guys in them. A smorgasbord for an opportunistic dater. But also a great place for someone who wants to go and help a country that needs help and hope.
You need to be able to speak the language to have an awesome time in Kiev. If not, you'll be limited :)

These girls liked us so much they gave us their numbers ;)
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

ladislav wrote: Also, most were just dancers and not hookers.
I'd bet that most of those girls f*** for money but are discreet about it. After all, quite a few Ukrainian women will sleep with a guy for a green card.