Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Postby xiongmao » October 21st, 2017, 2:52 pm

I had a great 6 months living in Bangkok. But one day I went to the supermarket to buy my lunch and a farang decided to pick a fight with me. So I decided it was time to call it a day.

It's such a liveable country, but at the same time it's all a bit of a joke.

I went back to farangland. I worked hard for 3.5 years and cleared my mortgage. And now I am HA again so it looks like I am coming full circle.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby celery2010 » October 23rd, 2017, 3:12 am

Didn't know that Scott had been there since 1995. My first visit was in 92. It was so chaotic to me and hot, and the fact that i got sick that i didn't end up staying long. The ride from the airport to the city was hell without the train system. Was there in 2012, completely different.

Scott created a video about how it's changed on Youtube as well.....
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » October 23rd, 2017, 12:51 pm

I was there in 2013. The taxi journey from the airport to my hotel took 3 hours (!).

I never got sick in Bangkok, though many other farangs did. I guess I was OK because I'd lived in China first lol.

My 3rd tier Chinese city currently has a bigger underground rail network than Bangkok has.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby celery2010 » October 24th, 2017, 6:23 am

Never got sick on my 2012 trip either. It's like night and day from 92. Thailand in 2012 was very nice and the BTS system was very good. Bangkok in 92 was like Jakarta or maybe Lagos (never actually been there).

To give you an idea, Hong Kong and Singapore were cheap in 92! Now they're as expensive as NY or London.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories