Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Rock and I are going to Thailand soon. We will be in the Bangkok and pattaya area. Any of you there wanna meet up? If so, contact us or post in this thread. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Any of you there?

Post by Winston »

We just arrived in Bangkok, Thailand. Me and rock went out for an hour late at night, and already i noticed that people arent as warm as in the Philippines. They are more polite though but their smiles look fake and empty, not as genuine and warm as the Philippines. I understand what guys mean now when they say that they cant form an emotional connection with thai women. Even rock says that. I had some pad thai street food though and it was delicious. The best pad thai i ever had.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Unfortunately I am now back in Tokyo, I have my own rooms in Pattaya. This time we cannot meet.

I think your observation about Thailand and Philippines is correct.

Thai people are much more business-like, and the living standard is much better, services are functioning well in Thailand, I have no complaints.

However personal relationship with Thai people can be very tricky. I do not have any personal relationship with them.
livingthedream
Freshman Poster

Post by livingthedream »

Nothing
Last edited by livingthedream on February 16th, 2016, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I am in Chiang Mai now and will be in Bangkok this weekend.

Feel free to PM me or send me a FB message, Winston.
livingthedream
Freshman Poster

Post by livingthedream »

Nothing
Last edited by livingthedream on February 16th, 2016, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Chiang Mai is very cheap, safe, quiet and peaceful, with a sizable international expat community. Many pro's and con's as with any other city.
livingthedream
Freshman Poster

Post by livingthedream »

Nothing
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I am a 24-year-old graduate student attending university in Chiang Mai. I do like it here.

But local Thais of all regions and social classes can be quite fake and shallow. In Vietnam, Philippines, China, Myanmar, and many other neighboring countries, the people are so much more authentic. You feel like the friendships are so much more real.

If you have a U.S. passport like me, it's easiest to stay long-term in the Philippines and Cambodia, since you rarely have to do visa runs for those countries. China and Vietnam are other good options. Thailand is cracking down on visa runs, so unless you have an education or retirement visa, it's hard to stay here long-term without having to constantly go to the border for visa runs.
livingthedream
Freshman Poster

Post by livingthedream »

Nothing
Last edited by livingthedream on February 16th, 2016, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Today we went to khaosan road and banglampoo area in bangkok where all the backpackers hang out. Wow. Ive never seen so many western tourists in one place. It looked more like europe than asia. The streets were way overrun with western tourists and western women. Wtf? Never seen so many in one place. There are literally thousands of western tourists on each street around khaosan. Why do so many western women come here? And why dont they mingle with asian locals if they like asia? Why do they only hang with their own clique? That defeats the purpose of travel.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Winston wrote:Today we went to khaosan road and banglampoo area in bangkok where all the backpackers hang out. Wow. Ive never seen so many western tourists in one place. It looked more like europe than asia. The streets were way overrun with western tourists and western women. Wtf? Never seen so many in one place. Why do so many western women come to Thailand? There are literally thousands of them on each street around khaosan.
Thailand is not as stupid as western countries. The kingdom does not have free shit and welfare waiting for the westerners.

The structure rules of law are in favor of the indigenous Thais. Westerns are an income sources for the Thai.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dBNUNaU9E
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Winston and Rock are there!

Post by xiongmao »

Back in 2013 I lived in Bangkok for 6 months, and posted many times about it here (somewhere).

It was a fun experience but Thailand is a dangerous place for foreigners. Falcon will confirm that I stayed out at all hours exploring Bangkok's underbelly and I saw some stupid stuff.

In the end I'm glad I spent more and more time in my Bangkok room relaunching my career in IT. Now I am back home earning $$$$$ and I have to say the dating is turning out to be better here than it was in Thailand. Funny that. And the night life here has been just as crazy as it was in Bangkok.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is white peoples obsession with thailand? Why does it attract them so much? Is there a logical reason? Why do white women like it so much?

I dont understand why Thailand is called "land of smiles". People dont smile that much in Thailand and when they do, its brief and superficial. You get a lot more warm authentic smiles in the Philippines. So Philippines should be called "the land of smiles", not Thailand.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Heres what someone said in our facebook group:

https://mobile.facebook.com/groups/7616 ... =bookmarks

"Winston like i said in my "Theory" Thailand Used to be under 10K GDP per PPP capita. Now they are 16K. Do the math, they are too prosperous to "smile now". Im sure at one time korea was the land of smiles too when they were the poorest in asia in the 1960's LOL"

"Winston Wu i dont know are japanese and koreans still very smiling and down to earth now that they are rich? Word is in japan they are very cold and distant and they are only cute and smiley on a superficial level you see these puas hitting on japanese women and they act cute and smiley and happy but you can tell its a superficial and that the girls are just being polite and not really passionate or down to earth like in SEA."