2 weeks in Medellin, Colombia

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
so cal eddie
Freshman Poster

2 weeks in Medellin, Colombia

Post by so cal eddie »

Long post warning.

Hello everyone. My first post here. I'm 37 and a nurse in California. I've been pretty lucky in life, I suppose, in that I've had decent luck with women here. I'm 6'3 and keep fit. When the economy went sour a few years ago, I was unemployed and decided to go back to school. I was used to making a decent amount of money, but I decided to do something different and went back to school. Anyway, in those 6 years I was still dating. When I would meet women and they found out that I was either unemployed or in school, I was getting far less second dates than what I was used to.

Now that I'm looking back, I guess that when I was in my previous career, women assumed I had a good amount of money. I can recall always buying drinks for women, going to fancy restaurants, etc. When I was in school, I couldn't do that so often. During those 6 years, women here would tell me to call them when I got my life together or that they wanted to date someone on their level. Hmm. I suppose that my eyes were really opened to women's behavior when I wasn't as financially stable. However, I was still traveling quite a bit. During spring break, summer vacation, breaks between semesters, etc., I would travel to Mexico and Costa Rica. The women out there seemed to care less about my current financial situation and more about the person I was. I grew sour towards American women after they wouldn't give me second chances because I didn't have my life together.

So, now that I've had my life together for a few years, I find myself just avoiding American women all together. I don't really approach them anymore. I do go out with friends to bars and such, and women tend to approach me and try to start conversations. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening now in life, but I kind of like turning them down. I'll accept drinks when they buy, but I don't go out with them. It's kind of like the male version of female entitlement.

Now that I'm finally avoiding American women, I find myself going to Latin countries more often. I still go to Mexico and Costa Rica, but now I'm expanding and going down to Colombia. I've made two trips so far. 2 weeks in January and 1 week in February. Luckily with how I'm able to make my schedule as a nurse, I can have 1 week off per month without using any vacation time. I'm hooked on Colombia. Well, more specifically, Medellin. The paisas are the nicest women I've ever met. I've met many women down there, and I am just shocked at how feminine they are. When we talk, I tell them I'm a nurse. Nurses down there don't make much money, so they just assume that I barely squeak by here in the US. They do tell me that they really like I chose a caring profession. They are also fine with going to basic restaurants. I've bought several $3 or 4 dollar meals, and they are so grateful. I've had 3 women cook meals for me down there. The obvious plus is how simple stunning the women are. I met a few on Colombian Cupid, and the women seem to put unflattering pics of themselves on the site. They say it is more important for them to have a connection that is not just based on looks. Well, the few that I met are simple stunning. Probably 9s or 10s by US standards.

I've read here and on other sites that women tend to flake out on the men. I didn't have that experience at all. I would go pick them up with a taxi, and they were already outside waiting. And, good grief, are the women stunning. So feminine in the way they talk, dress, and act. I've not had any sort of experiences like this in the US. I'll likely be going every month until I find the right lady. Flights and hotels are cheap, and the food and experiences are really cheap and even free. I tend to stick out being a little taller than average and white, but the paisas are so helpful in giving directions and even taking me to certain destinations.

So, to sum it all up: I love the women of Medellin and have grown less fond of American women. I did find a good amount of Gringos out there, so a lot of guys like me are catching on.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 2 weeks in Medellin

Post by Adama »

The USA has gone out of its way to elevate women above men. Now women have great jobs. They can support themselves. Although they are "equal" (in their own eyes), they would not support a man ever. They don't even want to pay 50-50. They want the man to pay it all, but they still want to be considered equals. Men would always date beneath them. Men considered the person. Women consider economics. That is how they measure men. That is number one for most of them. That's because they're spoiled brats who've had everything given to them without having to earn it. They are elevated to male status just for breathing. Since they didnt have to earn that status, they think that men have it just as easy as they do. They don't realize that the place that was reserved for men has been taken by their sisters. Now these women with their artificial status are too good for the men they've displaced. For women who are stuck in that mental trap, they will get what they deserve in the end.

So you are right to focus on women who are still in their proper place, who love being women, and who have respect for men beyond his wallet.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
so cal eddie
Freshman Poster

Post by so cal eddie »

I really think that women here in the states are going to end up lonely. I'm a nurse, so I work with a lot of women. It is kind of sad that the older ones tend to be alone. They have let themselves go but say they are happy. They clearly are not. The other sad part is caring for older, white women. They tend to be alone and only have a friend or sister visit them. There is a huge Latin population here in Southern California, and the older Latinas that I care for have lots and lots of visitors. I guess white women have really chosen money and careers over family. I actually feel bad for them.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

so cal eddie wrote:I really think that women here in the states are going to end up lonely. I'm a nurse, so I work with a lot of women. It is kind of sad that the older ones tend to be alone. They have let themselves go but say they are happy. They clearly are not. The other sad part is caring for older, white women. They tend to be alone and only have a friend or sister visit them. There is a huge Latin population here in Southern California, and the older Latinas that I care for have lots and lots of visitors. I guess white women have really chosen money and careers over family. I actually feel bad for them.

There are quite a few women who have bought into the lies. They will die alone. Most of them have kids though, but no man.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
bkc2a
Freshman Poster

Post by bkc2a »

Eddie do you speak Spanish? Where do you visit in Mexico?