Falcon's new Thai family

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Falcon's new Thai family

Post by momopi »

In my grandfather's generation in Manchuria, it was not uncommon for teenage men ages 14-16 to marry a women age 16-19. The men married women who were slightly older by few years.

By my fathers generation in TW they wanted 1/2 men age + 7 = women age. So if the man is 30 they would match him with a girl who is 22-23.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

momopi wrote:In my grandfather's generation in Manchuria, it was not uncommon for teenage men ages 14-16 to marry a women age 16-19. The men married women who were slightly older by few years.

By my fathers generation in TW they wanted 1/2 men age + 7 = women age. So if the man is 30 they would match him with a girl who is 22-23.
What about your generation, and the younger generation in Taiwan?

I'm 26 now. It's kind of hard to see myself with a 20-year-old girl if I do (1/2 * my age) + 7.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Falcon wrote:I'm 26 now. It's kind of hard to see myself with a 20-year-old girl if I do (1/2 * my age) + 7.
Seems perfect. Why not try that when your current MILF hits the wall?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Falcon wrote:
momopi wrote:In my grandfather's generation in Manchuria, it was not uncommon for teenage men ages 14-16 to marry a women age 16-19. The men married women who were slightly older by few years.

What about your generation, and the younger generation in Taiwan?

I'm 26 now. It's kind of hard to see myself with a 20-year-old girl if I do (1/2 * my age) + 7.
I checked a TW dating site and they accept following for an event:

參加資格: 男66-77年次、女66-85年次 (下限年輕年齡超過仍歡迎)

The year is ROC republican year by birth, so add 1911 for western calendar.

For men they are accepting those born in 1977 to 1988, or ages 29-40.

For women they are accepting 1977 to 1996, or ages 21 to 40.

If you are younger than the minimum you are still welcome (assuming you are 18+). But if you are over 40 then you won't be invited.

=======

When I was actively dating in TW 10 years ago the girls were willing to accept up to 10-15 year age gap for marriage partner. However the younger girls are less tolerant to age gaps.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Here in Thailand, if a 40-year-old woman has a 20-year-old daughter (i.e., daughter about the same age as me), she will most likely want me for herself, and not for her daughter. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Elsewhere in the world, this is much less likely to happen. :P
momopi wrote:When I was actively dating in TW 10 years ago the girls were willing to accept up to 10-15 year age gap for marriage partner. However the younger girls are less tolerant to age gaps.
How acceptable is younger man + older woman in Taiwan?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

falcon,

So thailand is milf paradise?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

chanta76 wrote:falcon,

So thailand is milf paradise?
In short, yes.

Older men have talked about how Thailand is one of the countries where they can easily get with younger women. Well, I've found that the opposite (younger men and older women) works quite well too. :wink: It's not like this happens often, but non-standard relationships here are just tolerated much more (although not necessarily completely accepted by people's own families).

Younger men + older women would be more taboo and sensitive in China and the rest of NE Asia, as well as in Myanmar and the Philippines, where even a woman 10 years older than a man would raise lots of eyebrows.