Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Updates In Mexico - Mexico City Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Updates In Mexico - Mexico City Trip Report

Postby MattHanson1990 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 am

So I just returned to Guanajuato from a weekend trip to Mexico City, so here is my trip report.

Day 1 - I arrived in Mexico City from Guanajuato by bus close to 11 in the morning. My bus went on carretera 57, where it was notorious for a bus robbery back in June. Fortunately, no banditos robbed my bus. But at the toll booth, two policías federales boarded to search everyone's carry-on luggage not stowed in the overhead bins. First four hours after I arrived, I slept in the hostel I was staying at in the colonial downtown as I had a headache from lack of sleep. Then I went to Plaza de Santo Domingo where a tall Indomestizo guy said to me "güero, quieres comer?" And I had a quesadilla and a gordita for dinner. As I was eating standing up, a young 20 something woman tapped on my shoulder and invited me to sit with them. Then as I sat down to eat she struck up a conversation with me. Later I met three other women who worked at the food stand, one of whom was a pure Amerindian from Oaxaca. She was more open than the Amerindian women in Guanajuato and was curious about me. But still quieter than the other two women. And here's where the fun began. I asked where an ATM was, and a gordita from Veracruz offered to take me there. And we held hands, kissed each other on the cheeck, flirted, and I kissed her hand. :D I guess we're not headed for the apocalypse at full speed like Ghost told me...at least here in Mexico. And now here's the next fun part. Drum roll please....................I met up with tapatio89 and a female coworker of his, and we discussed my upcoming job, and it's a company called 4life. If you think its one of those MLM schemes such as Vector Marketing or Scamway, it's not because the Mexican government bans MLM in Mexico (it's an American company but its Mexico branch is headquartered in Mexico City). Tapatio will go into more detail about 4life in a separate thread.

Day 2 - I asked three girls from Oaxaca if I could sit with them during breakfast, and they said yes. And we talked about southern Mexico and its lifestyle. Then Tapatio89 met up with me again, and he gave me a lot of advice on how to get past the first date with Mexican women. Don't get me wrong, but you may remember when I lived in Guanajuato in February, I DID get two dates with a gordita from La Piedad, Michoacan (she could've been my girlfriend had I stayed in Mexico longer). Not only he mentioned that dating customs in Mexico are very different from the U.S. and what men typically do on dates with Mexicanas. He and I went to Oasis Coyoacan, an upscale mall near the San Angel district, where I bought more stylish clothes at Zara than the ones I bought from the family I'm staying with; I bought new shoes as well at the same mall. Not long after that we talked with a guy from both the forum and the HA Facebook group. We hung out until close to 7 pm. Then I went back to my hostel. I briefly chatted up the guys and gals working the food stand before I called it a night. And by the way, I met a hot Australian woman (she was a 9.5 in the looks department) at the hostel, and we discuss our travel adventures. By the way, tapatio and I got to ride the Metro (Mexico City's subway system) as well as the MetroBus (bus rapid transit with a dedicated lane to separarte it from traffic).

Day 3 - After checking out of the hostel I went back to the food stand, ate a quesadilla con bistec, and flirted with the 30 something gordita once again. This time I got her whatsapp number, and I texted her as I touched down back in Guanajuato City. The woman I'm renting from was shocked to see me in my new clothes from Zara, and then I asked her why didn't she think of Zara clothes when she was helping me get dates with Mexicanas. She said that Zara is too expensive for her while reasonable for me.

In summary

Mexico City has the highest GDP in all of Mexico, and thus is the country's economic powerhouse. Certain parts such as Condesa and San Angel are very modern and, in fact, are more upscale than most places in the U.S. which are bland in comparison. It has excellent public transportation, although it can get crowded much of the time, especially on Weekdays. The place is definitely a shopper's paradise as there is a huge variety for shopping. It definitely attracts people from all over the world, even more so than Guanajuato, and you can meet people from a lot of different countries. Air pollution isn't a problem in the parts I went to, but it's bad in other parts such as low class barrios or the slums.

Another thing I picked up from Mexicans is that they love to tell bromas (jokes) with one another. I would tell bromas on many dates.

Without further ado, here I am with tapatio89
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Updates In Mexico - Mexico City Trip Report

Postby Mr_reddit » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:37 am

Unless you're slim, Zara clothing will make you look fat
Mr_reddit
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Zara is great. I don't know what you're talking about, Mr_Reddit. I'm a bit portly, yet I also like shopping at Zara.

Mexico sounds like such an interesting country, Matt. Falcon seemed to have some success there as an Asian male. Anyway, I always appreciate your posts, Matt, and I hope you continue to post in the future.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Look at the foto. Where are the haters now saying that Tapatio89 is fake? See, Tapatio89, i never disrespected you so i hope we are still cool. I am glad that tapatio89 stood his ground and had (and still has) no reason to lie.

Matt continue to lose weight. You look good, dude. Don't cut the hair. Drink copious amounts of water, meat, cut back on breads, rice, and potatoes. You are on a good path to MGTOWing!
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:14 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Look at the foto. Where are the haters now saying that Tapatio89 is fake? See, Tapatio89, i never disrespected you so i hope we are still cool. I am glad that tapatio89 stood his ground and had (and still has) no reason to lie.

Matt continue to lose weight. You look good, dude. Don't cut the hair. Drink copious amounts of water, meat, cut back on breads, rice, and potatoes. You are on a good path to MGTOWing!

I know. Those fools they tried to taint my name stupidly (namely Drealm and Ghost).

You guys got P'OWN by me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Matt,
Great post. Is it necessary to speak Spanish in Mexico? And with all the news media talking about the drugs wars is that exaggerated ?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:32 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:So I just returned to Guanajuato from a weekend trip to Mexico City, so here is my trip report.

Day 1 - I arrived in Mexico City from Guanajuato by bus close to 11 in the morning. My bus went on carretera 57, where it was notorious for a bus robbery back in June. Fortunately, no banditos robbed my bus. But at the toll booth, two policías federales boarded to search everyone's carry-on luggage not stowed in the overhead bins. First four hours after I arrived, I slept in the hostel I was staying at in the colonial downtown as I had a headache from lack of sleep. Then I went to Plaza de Santo Domingo where a tall Indomestizo guy said to me "güero, quieres comer?" And I had a quesadilla and a gordita for dinner. As I was eating standing up, a young 20 something woman tapped on my shoulder and invited me to sit with them. Then as I sat down to eat she struck up a conversation with me. Later I met three other women who worked at the food stand, one of whom was a pure Amerindian from Oaxaca. She was more open than the Amerindian women in Guanajuato and was curious about me. But still quieter than the other two women. And here's where the fun began. I asked where an ATM was, and a gordita from Veracruz offered to take me there. And we held hands, kissed each other on the cheeck, flirted, and I kissed her hand. :D I guess we're not headed for the apocalypse at full speed like Ghost told me...at least here in Mexico. And now here's the next fun part. Drum roll please....................I met up with tapatio89 and a female coworker of his, and we discussed my upcoming job, and it's a company called 4life. If you think its one of those MLM schemes such as Vector Marketing or Scamway, it's not because the Mexican government bans MLM in Mexico (it's an American company but its Mexico branch is headquartered in Mexico City). Tapatio will go into more detail about 4life in a separate thread.

Day 2 - I asked three girls from Oaxaca if I could sit with them during breakfast, and they said yes. And we talked about southern Mexico and its lifestyle. Then Tapatio89 met up with me again, and he gave me a lot of advice on how to get past the first date with Mexican women. Don't get me wrong, but you may remember when I lived in Guanajuato in February, I DID get two dates with a gordita from La Piedad, Michoacan (she could've been my girlfriend had I stayed in Mexico longer). Not only he mentioned that dating customs in Mexico are very different from the U.S. and what men typically do on dates with Mexicanas. He and I went to Oasis Coyoacan, an upscale mall near the San Angel district, where I bought more stylish clothes at Zara than the ones I bought from the family I'm staying with; I bought new shoes as well at the same mall. Not long after that we talked with a guy from both the forum and the HA Facebook group. We hung out until close to 7 pm. Then I went back to my hostel. I briefly chatted up the guys and gals working the food stand before I called it a night. And by the way, I met a hot Australian woman (she was a 9.5 in the looks department) at the hostel, and we discuss our travel adventures. By the way, tapatio and I got to ride the Metro (Mexico City's subway system) as well as the MetroBus (bus rapid transit with a dedicated lane to separarte it from traffic).

Day 3 - After checking out of the hostel I went back to the food stand, ate a quesadilla con bistec, and flirted with the 30 something gordita once again. This time I got her whatsapp number, and I texted her as I touched down back in Guanajuato City. The woman I'm renting from was shocked to see me in my new clothes from Zara, and then I asked her why didn't she think of Zara clothes when she was helping me get dates with Mexicanas. She said that Zara is too expensive for her while reasonable for me.

In summary

Mexico City has the highest GDP in all of Mexico, and thus is the country's economic powerhouse. Certain parts such as Condesa and San Angel are very modern and, in fact, are more upscale than most places in the U.S. which are bland in comparison. It has excellent public transportation, although it can get crowded much of the time, especially on Weekdays. The place is definitely a shopper's paradise as there is a huge variety for shopping. It definitely attracts people from all over the world, even more so than Guanajuato, and you can meet people from a lot of different countries. Air pollution isn't a problem in the parts I went to, but it's bad in other parts such as low class barrios or the slums.

Another thing I picked up from Mexicans is that they love to tell bromas (jokes) with one another. I would tell bromas on many dates.

Without further ado, here I am with tapatio89

We indeed have a good time together, Matt. I am glad to know my advices were good and is helping you with getting girls here. It was a fun time we went to Zara and help you in order to score easier with women here. I am glad you also like my home district (San Angel). Now, you can tell the fools of Drealm and Ghost that I do not live in a shack, I am not brown skin nor with predominantly indigenous features as you now met me in person.

Like I said, I do not have nothing to hide from no one. And I am looking forward for our business partnership in 4Life as well as my trip to Guanajuato on my birthday.

Saludos, amigo 8)
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby yick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:34 pm

I am not digging you out here, but you certainly look like a mixed race person with Amerindian features - you certainly don't look Spanish.

Let's put it this way, if you went to any part of Spain - the locals would know straightaway that you were from Latin America somewhere.

Nothing wrong with the way you look, you are quite a handsome chap, but you don't look southern European or Mediterranean.
yick
Junior Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:41 pm

yick wrote:I am not digging you out here, but you certainly look like a mixed race person with Amerindian features - you certainly don't look Spanish.

Let's put it this way, if you went to any part of Spain - the locals would know straightaway that you were from Latin America somewhere.

Nothing wrong with the way you look, you are quite a handsome chap, but you don't look southern European or Mediterranean.

Never said I was pure Amerind or pure Spaniard, mate. I am Euro-mestizo.

Cheers
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby yick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:13 pm

What's a Euro-Mestizo? Never heard of one of them. :roll:

A Mestizo has European heritage - all you need to call yourself is a 'Mestizo' that is what you are. No need to
underline the 'Euro' bit. :D
yick
Junior Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:23 pm

yick wrote:What's a Euro-Mestizo? Never heard of one of them. :roll:

A Mestizo has European heritage - all you need to call yourself is a 'Mestizo' that is what you are. No need to
underline the 'Euro' bit. :D

I think you have an Anglo concept of mixed race. In Latin America, mestizo does not mean literally 50/50. It means being mixed regardless of percentage. Some mestizos like me have more Euro blood and facial features than Amerind (I actually scored 2/3 Caucasoid and 1/3 Amerind on my DNA test) and some mestizos have more Amerind blood and facial features.

Euro-mestizo means a mestizo with more Euro features but still has visible Amerindian features. Good examples of Euro-mestizos will be celebrities like Eva Longoria, JD Pardo, Mario Lopez.

Cheers
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby MattHanson1990 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 pm

chanta76 wrote:Matt,
Great post. Is it necessary to speak Spanish in Mexico? And with all the news media talking about the drugs wars is that exaggerated ?

1) Yes you'll need to know at least conversational Spanish to do well with the girls, but the locals will help you out if they see that you're trying to integrate into the culture.

2) The US news media does portray Mexico in bad light, and exaggerates how dangerous it is. And it doesn't even go into depth about drug violence or kidnappings; thus, Americans assume that they will be kidnapped or killed by drug cartels the minute they set foot into Mexico. But this is far from the truth.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby yick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:08 pm

You don't have more Euro blood and features - you are just an above average looking mestizo, not all mestizos are ugly.

You don't have more European features, you look very much like a Latin American who is a Mestizo.

A DNA test in Mexico - I can imagine the top priced ones are the ones where you get a certificate telling you that you are related to the King of Spain. :lol:

f**k off - you are Aztec ancestors are raging at your inferiority complex towards the white man.

Do you think Ghost or Cornfed are good looking? White as the first day of snow and both have a face like a melted f***ing bucket. Have some pride!
yick
Junior Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:12 pm

yick wrote:You don't have more Euro blood and features - you are just an above average looking mestizo, not all mestizos are ugly.

You don't have more European features, you look very much like a Latin American who is a Mestizo.

A DNA test in Mexico - I can imagine the top priced ones are the ones where you get a certificate telling you that you are related to the King of Spain. :lol:

f**k off - you are Aztec ancestors are raging at your inferiority complex towards the white man.

Do you think Ghost or Cornfed are good looking? White as the first day of snow and both have a face like a melted f***ing bucket. Have some pride!

You are retarded. The DNA test I did it in the USA. I do look more Euro than Amerind, that is how I came out.

I am suspecting you are a troll. Say who you are right this moment or I will kill you.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby yick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I do look more Euro than Amerind

No you don't - someone like Enrique Iglesias can pass as white in Madrid, as can his sister Chabeli.

You would not.

Say who you are right this moment or I will kill you

Calmate Cholitoooooooooooooooo :lol:

The reality is if we ever met, I would break your jaw in one punch. I wouldn't be getting killed, that's for sure. 8)
yick
Junior Poster

Next

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories