Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Updates In Mexico - Mexico City Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Updates In Mexico - Mexico City Trip Report

Postby chanta76 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:28 am

Ciudad Juarez I heard is where most of the killings happen.

Matt,

Have you encounter any drug cartel activities? I mean for example some places you don't venture because it's too dangerous.
Is it safe to travel solo?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby MattHanson1990 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:15 am

chanta76 wrote:Ciudad Juarez I heard is where most of the killings happen.

Matt,

Have you encounter any drug cartel activities? I mean for example some places you don't venture because it's too dangerous.
Is it safe to travel solo?

Ciudad Juarez is more peaceful now compared to six years ago, but it still has a long ways to go before it totally recovers from the narco wars. I heard that most of the conflict is now in Guererro, Tamaulipas, part of Baja California, and part of Michoacan. That being said, Juarez is the worst place in Mexico for meeting women. I found it to be very third world in most areas. A large percent of the population is low class, so the majority of the women already have at least two kids. Many work in the maquiladora, but many others don't even have jobs at all. So they'll likely throw themselves at white American men very aggressively as they're desperate for providers and/or looking for easy sex. On top of that, the more affluent girls often follow similar patterns as their counterparts across the border. Many practice serial monogamy while many others sleep around. In other words, most are only single for a very short time between relationships.

So avoid Ciudad Juarez completely.

Guanajuato City, where I'm at right now, is incredibly safe. The worst thing that can happen to you is getting mugged or assaulted in a callejón (alleyway) after dark. But there is no drug violence here. Dating wise, it's exponentially better than Juarez, but your best odds would be with girls from other cities. Most girls who are born and raised in Guanajuato City and don't relocate tend to get taken early. Good for the local Mexican men. Not so good for extranjeros.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:02 am

Okay, first of all good on you, Matt! You are really getting yourself out there. The new wardrobe surely will help you, now if only you lost some facial fat you'd go up about 2 points on the looks scale and it'd help your chances at getting a woman who is a bit more slim and attractive as well. :)

Also, nice to see a picture of you and Tapioca actually meeting face to face. Part of me was doubting he was real, because I have a hard time anyone besides Winston can be stupid enough to post so many person pics and share so much details about his life on what is essentially a glorified sexpat forum. I thought some asshole just took pics from a poor unfortunate Latino guy's instagram and pretended to be him... now I know, Tapioca is a real guy. We have undeniable proof. So, good on you guys! :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Rock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:01 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:Okay, first of all good on you, Matt! You are really getting yourself out there. The new wardrobe surely will help you, now if only you lost some facial fat you'd go up about 2 points on the looks scale and it'd help your chances at getting a woman who is a bit more slim and attractive as well. :)

Also, nice to see a picture of you and Tapioca actually meeting face to face. Part of me was doubting he was real, because I have a hard time anyone besides Winston can be stupid enough to post so many person pics and share so much details about his life on what is essentially a glorified sexpat forum. I thought some asshole just took pics from a poor unfortunate Latino guy's instagram and pretended to be him... now I know, Tapioca is a real guy. We have undeniable proof. So, good on you guys! :D

- Yes Tapioca can be now be considered 100% verified and real. Matt, who many of us know here, has not only vouched for him but also posted photographic proof.

- On the other hand, Yick is still a big ???. Yick are you open to at least a skype vid call with Winston or a senior poster here? When posters get confrontational and claim to be experienced expats, we like to verify them as much as possible to make sure they're not trolling here.

- What I don't get about Tap is his extreme sensitivity about his ethnicity and his apparent resentment for germanic descended whites. Well he did hang out with Hanson who maybe comes from that very same stock. But look through his posts. He says some very nasty stuff. On the flip side, he puts down the browner groups of people from Mexico and South America as if they are sub-human and beneath him.

- Tap you are what you are - a decent looking but tan colored, short, very slim, small boned Mexican guy who apparently is from a middle/upper middle class level in your country. Perhaps you're family background is even high class. What's so wrong with all that? Why do you have to keep denying every drop of brown blood in your genetic line as if it was some sort of toxic virus? And why do you so frequently level ethnic or race based attacks on certain other posters here? Weird.

- What's weirder is when you talk like you are some sort of hunk, an 8 or even 9 on looks scale who can get about any woman he wants. That sounds ridiculous and over-the-top delusional. Marcos has posted his his clear photos on this forum in the past. He's of similar age to you but is a northern European white if I am not mistaken. He happens to be a strongly built but fit 6 foot guy with a well proportioned attractive face. He's definitely a good looking guy yet still doesn't claim to be anything out of the ordinary in the context of his country The Netherlands. Then there's you, superman lol. Now how do you think you women from various parts of the world would rate you in a photo standing next to him? Seriously. What percent are gonna pick you? There you are at 5'7" with a scrawny frame and delicate features next to a normal sized Dutch man who towers over you and has a significantly more attractive face. Yet Marcos may only be considered moderately attractive back in his homeland.

You definitely have a lot to contribute here but can't you drop the ethnic based attacks and condescending attitude? Sometimes it seems like the most arrogant people have the least to be proud of. Anyway, if you can just kindly manage a bit of humility in the tone of your posts and lay off the emotion laden reactions, Ghost and Droid will soon run out of steam and the flaming will stop.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby yick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 am

On the other hand, Yick is still a big ???. Yick are you open to at least a skype vid call with Winston or a senior poster here? When posters get confrontational and claim to be experienced expats, we like to verify them as much as possible to make sure they're not trolling here.

No - that wasn't part of the rules of joining this forum, like Marcos Zeitola says - it's sensible to keep real names and what you look like off this particular forum. I don't know your real name and I don't know what you look like. My reasons for joining this forum was not to f**k as many women as possible, but to advise people on how to live abroad and how to adjust - I actually work for a living and I don't want my name and my physical profile associated with the likes of Cornfed and Dan Cilley - I am sorry you might not like that but I actually work for a living overseas and I would like to keep my profile private.

Secondly, you can see from my IP that I am abroad and that I am in China, Winston actually knows my real name as we have privately corresponded before being unbanned.

Now, if the above isn't good enough and you think I need to verify myself, then you can ban me. Funny how I am a 'troll' but Cornfed and Retiredfrank are not. :?
yick
Freshman Poster

Postby yick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:04 am

However, I have sent Winston pictures of myself and my linkedin profile on the basis that it is kept confidential between us. I know Winston is a man of his word and I am more than happy to speak to him on skype in a few months from now if my anonmity is to be retained AND I am not banned for no reason at all.

But I am sure Winston will report back that I compare to Topopopo99 favourably - in looks, build, height, education and everything else. :D
yick
Freshman Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Rock wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Okay, first of all good on you, Matt! You are really getting yourself out there. The new wardrobe surely will help you, now if only you lost some facial fat you'd go up about 2 points on the looks scale and it'd help your chances at getting a woman who is a bit more slim and attractive as well. :)

- Yes Tapioca can be now be considered 100% verified and real. Matt, who many of us know here, has not only vouched for him but also posted photographic proof.

- On the other hand, Yick is still a big ???. Yick are you open to at least a skype vid call with Winston or a senior poster here? When posters get confrontational and claim to be experienced expats, we like to verify them as much as possible to make sure they're not trolling here.

- What I don't get about Tap is his extreme sensitivity about his ethnicity and his apparent resentment for germanic descended whites. Well he did hang out with Hanson who maybe comes from that very same stock. But look through his posts. He says some very nasty stuff. On the flip side, he puts down the browner groups of people from Mexico and South America as if they are sub-human and beneath him.

- Tap you are what you are - a decent looking but tan colored, short, very slim, small boned Mexican guy who apparently is from a middle/upper middle class level in your country. Perhaps you're family background is even high class. What's so wrong with all that? Why do you have to keep denying every drop of brown blood in your genetic line as if it was some sort of toxic virus? And why do you so frequently level ethnic or race based attacks on certain other posters here? Weird.

- What's weirder is when you talk like you are some sort of hunk, an 8 or even 9 on looks scale who can get about any woman he wants. That sounds ridiculous and over-the-top delusional. Marcos has posted his his clear photos on this forum in the past. He's of similar age to you but is a northern European white if I am not mistaken. He happens to be a strongly built but fit 6 foot guy with a well proportioned attractive face. He's definitely a good looking guy yet still doesn't claim to be anything out of the ordinary in the context of his country The Netherlands. Then there's you, superman lol. Now how do you think you women from various parts of the world would rate you in a photo standing next to him? Seriously. What percent are gonna pick you? There you are at 5'7" with a scrawny frame and delicate features next to a normal sized Dutch man who towers over you and has a significantly more attractive face. Yet Marcos may only be considered moderately attractive back in his homeland.

You definitely have a lot to contribute here but can't you drop the ethnic based attacks and condescending attitude? Sometimes it seems like the most arrogant people have the least to be proud of. Anyway, if you can just kindly manage a bit of humility in the tone of your posts and lay off the emotion laden reactions, Ghost and Droid will soon run out of steam and the flaming will stop.

I am aware I am 5'7" tall guy who is slender and olive skin.

Rock, I am an 8/10 in attractiveness whether you like it or not. I scored on facial symmetry 84%/100%, which makes me a handsome guy(not decent looking), though naturally not a supermodel. So your comment it is not valuable for me and women tell me this I am a good looking guy all the time.. And yes, I am a hunk, but hunk does not have to be in muscles (in the USA yes, but not in other countries). It is in personality and Matt knows it is pretty easy for me to talk with women. And height is not equal to success with women. Some of you guys here are taller than me and are as inept with women as I am at dancing hip hop music.

I never denied I have 1/3 indigenous blood. You assumed it like this. That is your issue. I am 2/3 caucasoid and 1/3 indigenous, which is fact and never denied about it.

I will drop the ethnic based attacks, but also Droid and Drealm should stop provocking me as you know they sometimes provoke me. They are no angels themselves either.

Cheers, my friend
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby retiredfrank » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:39 am

I'm not saying this to be nice to Tapatio, since he doesn't deserve nice treatment, but I will definitely agree he is at the 80 percentile level of attractiveness, at least the head, which is all that is visible in his photo. Probably more attractive than 90% men his age. He will lack masculine presence with big Germanic and African women, due to his size, but most women in Latin America and Asia would not consider 5'7" short, so if that's his target, size is not an issue.

His personality is his main problem, though many women are apparently strongly attracted to these strutting Latino loudmouths. I wouldn't put up with him, but then I'm not a woman.

If he dances well, he'd be a huge hit at salsa clubs in the United States.

Personally, I think 50% American indigenous, 50% European (for disease resistance, not looks) makes the most beautiful women, and probably men too, so I don't know why he downplays his indigenous percentage.
retiredfrank
Freshman Poster

Postby Moretorque » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:10 am

80 percentile ???, try 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 to 100 percentile.;;;; :D
Last edited by Moretorque on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby drealm » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:58 am

Tap, I think you should act more like my friend and less like one of those angry bulls that gets slaughtered in a Mexican bullring. It's like you always wanna charge at me because all you see is red, even if I'm not doing anything. And you know if you keep charging that one of these days you're just gonna sword through you like a filthy animal. So how about you pause for a second? You should realize that all I have ever done is try to help you be more proud of your indian heritage? Because believe me you have a lot indian traits to be proud of, they're the first thing I noticed about you. Also I think you should understand that these dna tests interpret data differently. What you shelled out your hard earned pesos for is basically a marketing brochure spit out by a machine to dumb things down for you. There’s a reasonable margin for error and you’re probably closer to 3/5 indian at a minimum. But that’s neither here nor there. I'm definitely in the corner with Yick and Rock on this one. It puzzles me why can’t you embrace your Aztec roots and move on? I remember seeing a photo of you at an indian parade and you looked very happy with your fellow native brothers. Have you ever considered participating in one of these events for fun? I think you'd fit right in, in a good way. It’s important for everyone celebrate their true roots. That’s all that we're saying to you. Do you understand? Please don't write a nasty reply back, I've been very honest here.
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby drealm » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:05 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Tapatio89, i never disrespected you so i hope we are still cool.

E Irizarry you're black yes? I'm curious what you think of Tap's "colorful" language:

Tapatio89 wrote:Hope a nigger with AIDS rapes you soon.

Yeah he must be real cool with you...
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby drealm » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:Also, nice to see a picture of you and Tapioca actually meeting face to face. Part of me was doubting he was real, because I have a hard time anyone besides Winston can be stupid enough to post so many person pics and share so much details about his life on what is essentially a glorified sexpat forum. I thought some asshole just took pics from a poor unfortunate Latino guy's instagram and pretended to be him... now I know, Tapioca is a real guy. We have undeniable proof. So, good on you guys! :D

This was the same sentiment I had. I honestly thought some photos were hi jacked from some poor chump in Mexico and this whole stunt was just to defame the guy. But I guess some things are stranger than fiction. And can I be blamed? I mean logically does anyone go around confessing about their prostitute wife’s sordid past? Usually guys have some dignity for their loved ones. But I guess Tap just doesn’t care about his wife’s well being, or he doesn’t get it. He knows she’s afraid of her sordid past being found out but he reveals her publicly anyways. It’s so bizarre. Even a person with a few marbles could connect the dots.

In any case Tap, if you want me to post her details here for everyone to see to prove you and her are real I’ll vouch for you? OK? Just give me the word and I’ll post her details. This is what friends are for. I got her info in my back pocket to put the naysayers at bay. I also have your info to prove that you worked at Dunkin Donuts for 7 years. Not the best job in the world but it does prove you’re real, even if it’s in a kind of lowly immigrant way. No judgement, after all there’s no dignity lost in working minimum wage.
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby drealm » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 am

Rock wrote:We could do one with Tapaitio too if he's up for it.

Just making a passing comment, regarding pod casts. Maybe they should be open to everyone or maybe they shouldn’t be, like the VIP section. After all the site is Happier Abroad, but Tap doesn’t really fit the definition of happier abroad. Just like the VIP section is for people who have lived abroad for a while and I don’t fit that definition since I’ve only take trips abroad but not relocated. No one is denying he’s in Mexico, but he didn’t travel there. So he’s just a local dude. Now if he had actually gone to Japan that would be a much more fitting perspective. But as I remember he said something about being too poor to afford traveling there. He also hasn’t bothered to travel anywhere else in Latin America. So his only real travel experience more closely matches a Mexican immigrant going to the USA (nothing wrong with that) rather than traveling elsewhere. He can’t really speak from the perspective of someone like Matt who has to figure out a new country on his own. Just my two cents.
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby yick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:34 am

It puzzles me why can’t you embrace your Aztec roots and move on? I remember seeing a photo of you at an indian parade and you looked very happy with your fellow native brothers. Have you ever considered participating in one of these events for fun? I think you'd fit right in, in a good way. It’s important for everyone celebrate their true roots. That’s all that we're saying to you. Do you understand? Please don't write a nasty reply back, I've been very honest here.

:lol:
yick
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Jajaja this forum is simply hilarious sometimes... :lol: :roll:

¿Yick eres peruano amigo? ¿De que parte de Perú eres?
chibolo
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories