Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

question for those that like thailand

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

question for those that like thailand

Postby nomadphilippines » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:27 am

do you not realize that thai's are like the least friendly people in SEA?
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Re: question for those that like thailand

Postby Citizen » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:59 pm

nomadphilippines wrote:do you not realize that thai's are like the least friendly people in SEA?

Some are friendly, some are not. Some are good, some are not good.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:15 pm

nomadphilippines wrote:do you not realize that thai's are like the least friendly people in SEA?

Maybe you can explain your comment a little bit more.

Thai people are into business. Their idea is that the foreigner should pay for all and everything.

I have my second home in Thailand and I have no complaints. I have no private, personal relationship with any Thai person.
I come with my Japanese wife, my daughters and other family members and it is OK.

I never had any problem regarding any business, it will be done, I order and I pay for it. This might be the staff of the house administration, my motorcycle repair shop, the laundry, some restaurants, some places where I buy my food and other items, some medical clinics, bank, etc.

About personal relationship, for some it works and not bad at all over many years - however a huge group of foreign men is rather disappointed, there are plenty of gold diggers out everywhere, even into marriage fraud, property fraud etc. as it is easy to cheat a foreigner who is unable to speak Thai.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby nomadphilippines » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 pm

as far as people in SEA go they are pretty clearly the rudest to outsiders

aint called land of smiles for nothing
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories