My first Thailand trip - A baptism of fire

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: My first Thailand trip - A baptism of fire

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, great story OP.

I lived in Bangkok for 6 months and saw it all. It was a great experience but... well I'm still single so that ought to tell you a lot about Thai women.

I only really met one marriage material lady in all the time I was there. And if you wanted intelligent conversation it was better to go to a ladyboy bar.

I'm too scared to go to the Phillies... someone makes an accusation about you and a vigilante will kill you, and get away with it. Just avoid.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Englishjohn wrote:Yeah Phillipines has definitely crossed my mind. I need to research as I haven't a clue where I should go. Thailand is obvious as Bangkok is really the only game in town. But perhaps Phillipines has more options ?
How do the women compare ? Do Fillipinos still lie and cheat as much as Thais ?
Don't know a great deal about Thai's but from what I've heard Filipina's make better relationship material. The Philippines is more westernized though due to American influence and the English language is widely spoken which is a plus.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Zambales wrote:
Don't know a great deal about Thai's but from what I've heard Filipina's make better relationship material.
I think so too.

A relationship with a Thai woman makes only sense if you seriously consider relocation in Thailand, for example for retirement. Do not bring these Thai girls into Western countries.

You have to live together with your Thai girl all the time and control her. Otherwise if you are away from her for a few weeks, she will soon look out for other men.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Yohan wrote:
Zambales wrote:
Don't know a great deal about Thai's but from what I've heard Filipina's make better relationship material.
I think so too.

A relationship with a Thai woman makes only sense if you seriously consider relocation in Thailand, for example for retirement. Do not bring these Thai girls into Western countries.

You have to live together with your Thai girl all the time and control her. Otherwise if you are away from her for a few weeks, she will soon look out for other men.
-f**k NO!!!-
NOT COOL! Do not marry a Thai bitch in Thaialnd!

IF YOU-
"live together with your Thai girl all the time and control her."
She will f***ing hate and resent you!
When you marry a Thai bitch in Thailand all your money and property go to her. Congrats you are now a STUPID SLAVE :)
"Otherwise if you are away from her for a few weeks, she will soon look out for other men."
If you are in the same room as her she will look for other men!

-IT SUCKS I KNOW-
You are a wonderful guy. But even you cannot change Thai culture.

-My Advice-
Enjoy Thai women. They are wonderful!
Think of it like riding a roller-coaster. You wait in line for an hour you ride for five minutes get off and let the asshole behind you have a turn.
If you try to marry your seat on the roller-coaster Security will be called and you will not have a good time.
Pump-And-Dump that is what they want! It is a good idea to do what women want. If you want marriage/family go to a more family orintated culture/country.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Johnny,

Does this apply only to expat ? or do local Thai men have the same problem.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

chanta76 wrote:Johnny,

Does this apply only to expat ? or do local Thai men have the same problem.
Dear Chanta76,

HELL FUCKIN YEAH IT APPLIES TO THAIS!
They are the Zen Masters of Pump-And-Dump. It is their culture.

It applies to-
Bar girls, prostitutes and normal Thai girls rich and poor.
Englishjohn
Freshman Poster

Post by Englishjohn »

I'm off to Thailand today for another round of abuse by Thai women haha. I've lined up a few on Tinder. I'll keep you guys posted...
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Englishjohn wrote:I'm off to Thailand today for another round of abuse by Thai women haha. I've lined up a few on Tinder. I'll keep you guys posted...
Dear Englishjohn (i.e. f***ing Retard)

Why are you wasting your time with Thai bitches????
You are an Old Son of a Bitch! You should look for a woman who can a decent mother and wife. You are old enough you should look for a woman who will not destroy your life and give all your money to a worthless Thai man.

Thai women are not relationship material!
1. Thai women are f***ed and chucked by Thai men from a young age
2. Thai men get a Thai bitch pregnant
3. Thai bitch dumps her bastard on her parents

Dream Men for Thai Women
Thai Men
1. Are Unemployed and/or Unemployable
2. Thai men beat their Thai women
3. Thai men take Thai women's money
4. Thai men get drunk and/or high everyday
5. Thai man never sees or pays for their bastard children
This is REALITY! This is what Thai women want and what Thai women deserve. You are a great man Englishjohn but even you Mr. Great Guy cannot change Thai culture.

You would have to go FULL f***ing RETARD to get into a relationship with a Thai woman!

THAILAND
Only good for Pump-and-Dumping women!
The laws of Thailand and the culture is against you as a white man foreigner!
Englishjohn
Freshman Poster

Post by Englishjohn »

haha I probably am a retard lol. But let me say, no Thai woman is getting her hands on any of my money, ever !

So anyway I've been here 2 weeks and this trip is so different to the last. I've met about 15 women so far, even had a few 3rd dates. And none of them show the slightest signs of jumping into bed with me. I'll be lucky if I get to hold their hands ! It's crazy. Only had sex one fillipino girl that I'd spoken to on my last trip. It's all very weird. I seem to be meeting all the "good" girls of Bangkok.

I did however make the mistake of meeting up with my "ex" who lied and cheated. She's got some strange ideas about right and wrong. And I cannot understand her at all. We met for lunch, behind her new boyfriends back. During lunch she told she was now shaved down below. later at my condo she asked to use the bathroom. She then came out and showed me the shaved area. When I tried to touch she told me I cannot because she has a boyfriend. wtf !
I asked why she even wants to meet me. she told me because she likes me. And wanted to see me again several days later. I was so wound up and told her not to come again. I cannot figure out what motivates this type of woman people.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Englishjohn wrote:I'm off to Thailand today for another round of abuse by Thai women haha. I've lined up a few on Tinder. I'll keep you guys posted...
Best of luck John. I've been married to my Filipina wife now for over 10 years. While we were courting online before getting married, instead of going to visit her in Cebu, I flew her over to Bangkok and Phuket for our rendezvous. She ended up falling in love with the country.

Still to this day, we try to go visit Thailand once a year and we fly Cathy's mother and brother over for a family reunion. It's not that Cathy has turned on her native country she argues that "she spent 21 years in Philippines and I want to experience other places." Eventually we have our eyes turned to Chiang Mai for future retirement.

So John, that is a long winded way of saying that if you do want to settle down eventually, nothing wrong with mix and matching women with different countries! Thailand the country rocks. Thai women? Meh. Philippines women rock. The country of Philippines for retirement? I like it but my wife says it's doubtful.

Cheers!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

pete98146 wrote:
Best of luck John. I've been married to my Filipina wife now for over 10 years. While we were courting online before getting married, instead of going to visit her in Cebu, I flew her over to Bangkok and Phuket for our rendezvous. She ended up falling in love with the country.

Still to this day, we try to go visit Thailand once a year and we fly Cathy's mother and brother over for a family reunion. It's not that Cathy has turned on her native country she argues that "she spent 21 years in Philippines and I want to experience other places." Eventually we have our eyes turned to Chiang Mai for future retirement.

So John, that is a long winded way of saying that if you do want to settle down eventually, nothing wrong with mix and matching women with different countries! Thailand the country rocks. Thai women? Meh. Philippines women rock. The country of Philippines for retirement? I like it but my wife says it's doubtful.

Cheers!
I have been in the Philippines long enough (18 consecutive months) now to see that Thailand may well be the better country now, but the trend setter is now the Philippines. King Bhumibol just died a few days ago and the designated successor, his only son Vajiralongkorn, is so despised by both the elites and the general population, that he's likely to trigger yet another military coup as soon as he ascend to the throne. The main risk for Thailand has always been and continues to be, political stability.

I have never been to Thailand but, from what I can see from Davao, life in the Philippines is nothing one could complain about. I am spending more and more time in Manila, for business, and can clearly see Metro Manila is generally a cesspit, but interspersed by "oases" of quality urbanisation and infrastructure (95% of which is obviously privately built and run).

I don't have a model-looking girl by my side (and heaven knows if and when I'll have her), but I have effectively already retired in the Philippines. And besides this first moment of hard work, to get my baby business to take off and produce a good livelihood, I think you won't be hearing much criticism about the Land of the Morning from me in the coming years.
Englishjohn
Freshman Poster

Post by Englishjohn »

I'm beginning to become aware of one cultural aspect of Thai dating. No matter how close you are with someone and how much time you spend with together. Until you actually state you are boyfriend and girlfriend, they seem to think it's perfectly ok to sleep with other people. However when I've dated in the UK before, I never felt it was necessary to state we were together, it was just obvious.

When I met my "ex" here in Thailand we spent a month together travelling around and became very close. When I was back in the Uk for a month, we spoke every day, she was very sweet on the phone and I booked a ticket to go back to her. Then I got the txt telling me she was with someone else. Actually she'd had sex with 2 people ! And the only reason she told me was because the new bf saw my txts and they had a blazing row. Otherwise she would have continued to call me and tell me how much she missed me behind his back. This is not some low class girl either. She's educated, has a good car, her own business.

Whenever I tell this story to Thai women, they always ask " did you say you were bf/gf ?". If I answer no, they seem to think she's done no wrong. It astonishes me !
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Englishjohn wrote:I'm beginning to become aware of one cultural aspect of Thai dating. No matter how close you are with someone and how much time you spend with together. Until you actually state you are boyfriend and girlfriend, they seem to think it's perfectly ok to sleep with other people. However when I've dated in the UK before, I never felt it was necessary to state we were together, it was just obvious.

When I met my "ex" here in Thailand we spent a month together travelling around and became very close. When I was back in the Uk for a month, we spoke every day, she was very sweet on the phone and I booked a ticket to go back to her. Then I got the txt telling me she was with someone else. Actually she'd had sex with 2 people ! And the only reason she told me was because the new bf saw my txts and they had a blazing row. Otherwise she would have continued to call me and tell me how much she missed me behind his back. This is not some low class girl either. She's educated, has a good car, her own business.

Whenever I tell this story to Thai women, they always ask " did you say you were bf/gf ?". If I answer no, they seem to think she's done no wrong. It astonishes me !
Yet she is sending you texts that she misses you behind his back even though she has a bf? She is only upset she got caught, otherwise she would have kept stringing you along.

The other oke did tell her she is his gf, otherwise she would see you openly, yet she still texts kak behind his back and they have a fight. Hence even for the thais it is wrong. Lucky for you you found out what kind of person she is. Good riddance. Let the other guy put up with her cheating. Not even worth sticking your dick in such a tart. Just use her mouth.
Englishjohn
Freshman Poster

Post by Englishjohn »

The longer I stay here the more I think it's just a cesspit. You'd have to very lucky to meet a decent woman here. In the end you doubt anything any woman tells you. No matter how sweet they might seem, your gut is telling they are full of bs. You feel as though you are surrounded by deception everywhere. I think it could drive you mad in the end if you stayed too long.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Englishjohn wrote:The longer I stay here the more I think it's just a cesspit. You'd have to very lucky to meet a decent woman here. In the end you doubt anything any woman tells you. No matter how sweet they might seem, your gut is telling they are full of bs. You feel as though you are surrounded by deception everywhere. I think it could drive you mad in the end if you stayed too long.
That's is how men feel all over the world. Your gut feeling tells you that because over 95 % of the time it is the truth.

Women are like that. God made them that way, hence why even had to take a bite of the apple and try manipulate and lie to Adam.

Just see them for what they are. Take a pomp when you can get it without complications, and never invest emotionally or financially in them.