Trip to a game park

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Trip to a game park

Post by Kradmelder »

Hi guys

Went to a game park for 2 days for a dirty weekend bust decided I would go up by bike and meet her there. I am not one for sitting in metal boxes, nor travelling on tar roads. So I went up by dirt to really make it a doubly dirty weekend.

Obviously the roads I take are not cage friendly so it was different roads. Having a cage going as well allowed me to travel light, with just some clothes and stuff I would need for the bike like spare tubes, a compressor, tyre levers etc. My road went through rural black areas, so firearm in the jacket is essential. I never like carrying one on my person while riding as a fall means definite cracked ribs.

The road started of quite sandy

But it quickly turned into mud

and then mud hole after mud hole to make the road a technical dirt rider's heart just beat for joy

At some point traffic interfered. Chase the livestock or through the mud?

As I got into white farming areas the road improved and I no longer had to slide and slog and could open the taps.

At one point I caught up to a darkie doing 70 kmh. The dust cloud made it impossible to overtake at that speed as you can't see any obstacles in the road like a broken drainage ditch or a patch of sand or mud. Common courtesy would be he would slow down to let me overtake, but courtesy is a word that doesnt exist in black languages. And that was the only car I saw on 100 km of dirt, except 2 others coming the other way in the white area. Going through a darkie village I saw troops of the bastids, but you can't stop there.

I got to the game park and our accommodation. We were the only ones there.

Braai facilities

Our little secluded people kraal

A white chef is provided to cook for you, but we sent her home as we preferred the privacy and I like cooking in the bush.

we decided to make a lamb neck potjie for supper. which is a layered type of stew simmering for 3 hours. We had things to do in those hours :mrgreen:

Unlike a stew you don't stir it. first you brown then simmer the meat

while that is cooking away you watch the sunset

then add the hard veggies

then the softer stuff as the top layer. all the veggies cook by steam as they are above the liquid. Traditional white food

and sit back and enjoy the fire

We never got a chance to go for a game drive as we were a bit 'busy' :mrgreen: Mr Man, living proof that that theory about biking is wrong :mrgreen: Maybe it only applies to people on rice burner jap speed bikes that sit leaning over with balls pressed down into the seat. Off road bikes you sit upright and the bouncing is far more than any vibration.

But some game did come and visit us

On the way out I saw nyala and wildebeest

Life is tough for a white man in africa.

Unfortunately I had to take some tar to get fuel. I get so bored on tar. Anyone can ride a bike on tar. Not much of a thrill.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Trip to a game park

Post by droid »

Great report and pics Kradmelder, thanks.
I like skies with some clouds like that, slightly overcast. It's perfect for that kind of trip. Over here the sun is relentless the first half of the year and makes it somewhat harder. But I'm really coming to appreciate that freedom feeling when you squeeze the gas and literally get away from everything, very refreshing.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

droid wrote:Great report and pics Kradmelder, thanks.
I like skies with some clouds like that, slightly overcast. It's perfect for that kind of trip. Over here the sun is relentless the first half of the year and makes it somewhat harder. But I'm really coming to appreciate that freedom feeling when you squeeze the gas and literally get away from everything, very refreshing.

You mean on a bike? Twist the throttle? Nothing beats that feeling of being in emptiness on a bike and being part of it, smelling and feeling the environment rather than seeing the world through a glass bubble.

Winter starting here and cloud is rare in winter. Usually it is cloudless skies and crisp mornings.

The GF got a pic of a giraffe. I will upload it when i get to a computer
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Giraffe

the joys of biking on dirt. It's white as fark.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

You should come to my place in India Kerala...Very Different from Africa. There are many bike groups in India as passionate and crazy as anyone who loves bikes.

When you ride in my place...You will see this :)

If you love nature and bikes...I think every bike rider should visit my state.

I never appreciated my own birth place and used to go around villages on my bike now this same place is number 1 tourist destination in India :)

India is projected by freemason jews as dirty and bad but that's just in big cities..My place is very clean and safe..and being to Jewrope..I can say...It can give a good competition to any place in the world... :)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If only we could think the numbers of one invasive pest species somewhat, most of Africa could be like that.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Cornfed wrote:If only we could think the numbers of one invasive pest species somewhat, most of Africa could be like that.
They are part of the wildlife. Just like monkeys and baboons they steal what ever is not nailed down and come at you in troops. While some distract you the rest try to get behind you to steal something.

Some part of hominid evolution went wrong. I guess it must stay this way as monkeys don't want to evolve into kaffirs and kaffirs will never evolve into civilised humans.

If only whitey would let all the diseases they get deplete their numbers.