Save on Hotels Easy

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Save on Hotels Easy

Post by MrMan »

I noticed that on certain travel websites that if you put in dollars, you get a minimum price of $100. I put in rupiah, and the same hotel was 990 something thousand rupiah. That's about a 30% savings right there. The hotel wasn't even in Indonesia. I am just familiar with the value of the rupiah.

Paying for a hotel in rupiah and then paying the transaction fee for changing currency would have to be less than 30% on a hotel, right?

This is something to keep in mind if you book hotels abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Save on Hotels Easy

Post by Winston »

Use www.agoda.com. They have lots of low priced hotels at decent quality in almost every place you go. Can't beat their prices.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I can try it out next time. Agoda.com had a room at the same hotel I tried to book for a little more than Booking.com, but I may have used up the cheaper deal already.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

The easiest way to "Save on hotels" is to use AirbNB.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Winston wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 2:48 pm
Use ----- They have lots of low priced hotels at decent quality in almost every place you go. Can't beat their prices.
Yeah that is pretty good. There's lots of hotels on Fields ave. I don't know anything about them, I'll have to read some reviews and stuff. I don't know if people actually stay right on fields or if that would be a bad idea (strictly fleabag places, lots of noise, not good for rest etc). What did you do your first time to AC, Winston?
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Spent an hour once in the Malabanias Road area looking for a decent place to stay. None were found just total shitholes.

The best place I've stayed at in Angeles was further afield in a quiet area. Rumi Apartelle was the name of the hotel. Cost per night back then was about P1000. It's a twenty minute walk to Fields Avenue but there is a shuttle available plus jeepneys ply the main road which is a few minutes walk away.

http://www.rumihotelangeles.com/