Happier Abroad is DEAD. My horrible Kyiv dating experience and how I was almost killed.

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.

What should Eurobrat do next? PLEASE VOTE!

Give up on Europe and move back to the USA, bang sluts and get back to making real money and creating a real life?
26%
Chop his dick off, move to tibet and become a MTGOW monk and write all women and dating off completely?
4%
Move to the Philippines and develop a strong case of yellow fever?
22%
Suck it up like a man, stay in Europe and try a different country?
26%
Keep writing posts and bashing Winston & HA?
22%

Total votes: 27
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Re: Happier abroad is DEAD. My horrible Kyiv dating experience and how I was almost killed.

Post by SteveUKR »

eurobrat wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 5:47 am
I have noticed this too in Poland, Romania and Ukraine that all young women are glued to the phone. In Ukraine they don't have cheap mobile data options, 50megabytes of data is expensive about 35€ a month (lack of telecom infrastructure or maybe someone has a monopoly), however there is plenty of wifi shisha cafe's around Kyiv.
Whaaat? I think you don't understand mobile phone rates in Ukraine or maybe you've never been to Ukraine as you claim. There is no 50mb of data for 35€ a month in Ukraine.

Here are some example mobile data plans in Ukraine:

https://kyivstar.ua/en/mm/tariffs
95uah (~$4) / month unlimited YT, 6GB data, unlimited calls on network, 150 min calls to other networks, 150 sms

https://www.lifecell.ua/en/mobile/tariffs/bomb/
150uah (~$6) / month 20GB data, 600 min to all numbers in Ukraine, +++

So it's exactly OPPOSITE of what you are saying. Mobile data is cheap in Ukraine, not expensive.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Re: Happier Abroad is DEAD. My horrible Kyiv dating experience and how I was almost killed.

Post by SteveUKR »

There is no monopoly on mobile phone service in Ukraine and it has one of the best mobile telephone infrastructure of many of the countries I have been. There are 3 big mobile operators in Ukraine - Lifecell, Kyivstar and Vodafone, and they are all very competitive.

Perhaps when you came to Ukraine you went on roaming with your Irish sim card and didn't know enough to buy a local sim card? Whatever country you visit buy a local sim card.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happier abroad is DEAD. My horrible Kyiv dating experience and how I was almost killed.

Post by gsjackson »

SteveUKR wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 6:12 am
eurobrat wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 5:47 am
I have noticed this too in Poland, Romania and Ukraine that all young women are glued to the phone. In Ukraine they don't have cheap mobile data options, 50megabytes of data is expensive about 35€ a month (lack of telecom infrastructure or maybe someone has a monopoly), however there is plenty of wifi shisha cafe's around Kyiv.
Whaaat? I think you don't understand mobile phone rates in Ukraine or maybe you've never been to Ukraine as you claim. There is no 50mb of data for 35€ a month in Ukraine.

Here are some example mobile data plans in Ukraine:

https://kyivstar.ua/en/mm/tariffs
95uah (~$4) / month unlimited YT, 6GB data, unlimited calls on network, 150 min calls to other networks, 150 sms

https://www.lifecell.ua/en/mobile/tariffs/bomb/
150uah (~$6) / month 20GB data, 600 min to all numbers in Ukraine, +++

So it's exactly OPPOSITE of what you are saying. Mobile data is cheap in Ukraine, not expensive.
Yeah, it seems to be cheap all over Europe, compared to the U.S. I always use vodafone. In Romania it was about $6/mo. Even in Spain it was only 10 euro/mo, and in Scotland 10 pounds/mo.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Happier Abroad is DEAD. My horrible Kyiv dating experience and how I was almost killed.

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 2:51 am
Winston wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 1:13 am
Well you are a traitor. I treated you like a good friend and even stuck up for you and complimented your looks. Traitors are scumbags. Even spies who betray their country and defect, like benedict arnold did, are seen as scumbags by their new host country. May you rot in hell traitor.

At least im not sick like you. I dont get a sick pleasure out of making people feel like shit and telling them negative shit to make them feel bad. Good people uplift others. Do you uplift anyone? No! All you do is bring people down. Very satanic. Hope you rot in hell like you deserve.

And like Gary Mitchell above you will fall into a pit and be imprisoned there for having a God complex. Thats what happens to those who choose the dark side and evil over good. (Holding crucifix at you)

If this were your forum you would have banned me already no doubt. Im not sinking to your level. Ill just let you self destruct. Evil implodes and contains the seeds of its own destruction. So no need to fight it. Just don't get contaminated by it.
I treated you like a good friend, too. I thought good friends give each other sound advice, even if it goes against their way of thinking, their inner narrative. I know it's shocking, but that's what they do. I bitch-slapped you and now you're starting to realise that, effectively, wherever you go, there you are.

If there is someone who receives pleasure to look at you in this sorry condition, it's those "friends" of yours who always seconded you whatever you did, perhaps doing more of the same with you. You know who I am talking about. Why do I have the impression that at least some of them follow your adventures like visitors in a zoo, or ticket holders at a circus show.

If they really felt something to see you fail and complain, scrape the bottom of humanity in one of the seediest places on Earth and not even try to do something about it, are you 100% sure they're such good friends? Think.

If you are sick on a hospital bed and your mom is caressing you and consoling you, then the nurse arrives with an injection that's probably gonna cause you some pain but it's part of your therapy, would you say that the nurse is a traitor because, unlike your mom, she's causing you pain? Only small children would say that.

I tell you for one last time, maybe not as the friend you wish you had but certainly not as a foe: GROW UP AND START ACTING LIKE AN ADULT. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AT ALL LEVELS, STOP SITTING ON THE LAURELS OF EXPERIENCES YOU HAD 12-15 YEARS AGO AND LIVE IN THE PRESENT. MOST IMPORTANTLY, LIVE IN THIS REALITY, NOT IN YOUR PERSONAL FANTASY.

Then the right woman will come along.
Sorry but I can't change who I am. I have always been fantasy prone and preferred fantasy to reality. I've been like that since childhood. It isn't something I can change. Even if I want to. So please try to understand that. Oh well. At least I have money and assets, so I can afford to live in my "fantasy world". :)

Not really. My advisors like Rock and Mr S have criticized me a lot. They do not side with everything I say or do. They have their opinions too. And they are freethinkers who say what's on their mind. They do not take my side on every issue or sugar coat things. Read their posts here and you will see that.

I said you were a decent looking guy who looks like he's in his 30's. You said my looks suck. See how I treat you good but you treat me bad? That's not very fair.

If you wanted to give me "tough love" or something, this is how you should have said your point tactfully:

"Winston, it will not be easy to find a pretty girl in Europe who likes you for you. It's a longshot and the odds are against it. But who knows. Anything is possible and you could get lucky, since you have gotten lucky before. But the odds are low and it will not be easy. So be prepared for that."

Not say this: "X person will never get any dates or find any girls that like him in X country".

No one can say the latter. And no one does. It's insane. Not even the smartest man in the world would say that. Because you don't know for sure. You don't know what another man's destiny is. Only God knows that. No one knows what's around the corner. No one can predict the future accurately. Even the best psychics are right about 75 percent of the time. Not 100 percent. That means 25 percent is still a wide margin for error.

Also feelings are subjective. When you least expect it, you could meet a wonderful woman that likes you for you. A woman's heart is not logical, it's unpredictable. I'm sure you know that. We all know that. So you cannot predict with any certainty or accuracy how millions of women will react to me.

Usually AW don't like me. But a few have. And right now, a girl in Texas likes me too. And a few other southern girls have liked me before too. So there are always exceptions. I'm sure you know that. It's a no brainer.

Can you see above how you could have made your point in a more tactful manner? Instead of a hurtful and cruel manner? How would you like it if someone told you "PD, it is impossible for you to get any dates or girls in X country! Totally impossible." How would you like that? How would you like it if someone discouraged you from pursuing your dreams and following your bliss? (like Joseph Campbell advised)

See what I mean? Please think about this for a while and meditate on it. If you have a real heart, you will see what I mean. You ought to retract some of your statements and rephrase them and apologize for them too. I know prideful men never like to apologize for anything, but sometimes you gotta let go of your pride and do what's right and man up. Just like I recently apologized to Davewe in his Philippines report thread for something I said to him that was rude before. See here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37614

I may sound prideful, but I am man enough to apologize when I should. Hope you can do the same too. Listen to your heart. It will tell you what's right, if you have a real soulful compassionate heart that is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

SteveUKR wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 6:20 am
There is no monopoly on mobile phone service in Ukraine and it has one of the best mobile telephone infrastructure of many of the countries I have been. There are 3 big mobile operators in Ukraine - Lifecell, Kyivstar and Vodafone, and they are all very competitive.

Perhaps when you came to Ukraine you went on roaming with your Irish sim card and didn't know enough to buy a local sim card? Whatever country you visit buy a local sim card.
When I landed Vodafone sent me a text saying it was €5 a mb and I didn’t have enough time to buy a sim. Ukraine is the only country I’ve been to with these roaming costs especially since the new European directive last year.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

By the way sim cards are sold in supermarkets across Ukraine. So about the same amount of time to pick up a pack of gum.

Vodafone's tariffs: https://www.vodafone.ua/en/privatnim-klientam/rates
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I just read the OP.

It sounds like you dated one girl and projected your experience onto all Russian women. There are women with emotional issues in every country. Your experience doesn't mean all Russian women are hard to get along with, violent, and like to threaten.

On the other hand, I do wonder why Russia of all places is a place some men go to find wives-- in terms of culture. I understand that Russia has plenty of thin women, and plenty of women who look Scandinavian, Eurasian, and other races. But when I was a child and heard stories about Russia, I was told about Russian children who spied on their parents and reported their underground political and religious activities. It was not seen as a 'family friendly' country. The nation, for the most part, embraced a cold, heartless Communist ideology. So it's funny that now Russia is presented as this place with family-friendly women, etc.

My wife is Indonesian. In general, I would say there are some positives to marrying an Indonesian women, but there are plenty of Indonesian women who are materialistic, and I am sure you could find plenty who have emotional issues. I had a stalker once in Indonesia who had some emotional and mental issues. But most of the women there are not crazy stalker women.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 12:36 pm
publicduende wrote:
I tell you for one last time, maybe not as the friend you wish you had but certainly not as a foe: GROW UP AND START ACTING LIKE AN ADULT. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AT ALL LEVELS, STOP SITTING ON THE LAURELS OF EXPERIENCES YOU HAD 12-15 YEARS AGO AND LIVE IN THE PRESENT. MOST IMPORTANTLY, LIVE IN THIS REALITY, NOT IN YOUR PERSONAL FANTASY.

You don't know what another man's destiny is. Only God knows that. No one knows what's around the corner. No one can predict the future accurately. Even the best psychics are right about 75 percent of the time. Not 100 percent. That means 25 percent is still a wide margin for error.

Also feelings are subjective. When you least expect it, you could meet a wonderful woman that likes you for you. A woman's heart is not logical, it's unpredictable. I'm sure you know that. We all know that. So you cannot predict with any certainty or accuracy how millions of women will react to me.
What he said was spot on, women can sense if you're serious about yourself.

They want a man who has his affairs in order and doesn't make excuses, they won't wait for you to grow up because they'll just go to the next guy. Without discipline you won't give off the aura which will attract them.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

HappyGuy wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 7:03 am
Winston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 12:36 pm
publicduende wrote:

You don't know what another man's destiny is. Only God knows that. No one knows what's around the corner. No one can predict the future accurately. Even the best psychics are right about 75 percent of the time. Not 100 percent. That means 25 percent is still a wide margin for error.

What he said was spot on, women can sense if you're serious about yourself.

They want a man who has his affairs in order and doesn't make excuses, they won't wait for you to grow up because they'll just go to the next guy. Without discipline you won't give off the aura which will attract them.
Define “his affairs in order” I’m in decent shape with a decent job and still feel not all put together. Self improvement is continuous and never ending, there will always be a guy out there with more money or bigger muscles so a I don’t see the point in comparing yourself to others.

How much is too much to the point where you step back and say, it’s not me it’s them or society making unrealistic demands.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

eurobrat wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 1:19 pm
Define “his affairs in order” I’m in decent shape with a decent job and still feel not all put together. Self improvement is continuous and never ending, there will always be a guy out there with more money or bigger muscles so a I don’t see the point in comparing yourself to others.

How much is too much to the point where you step back and say, it’s not me it’s them or society making unrealistic demands.
#4 on this list is a good start viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16369&p=105259#p105198

It's not about other guys' bigger muscles and women's high demands unless you see yourself as already perfected and you're still failing with women at which point it's time to move on. :lol: There will be women who like you for reasons you don't even understand because of some qualities you have even when other guys around are objectivity superior from the outside because they are better looking or have more money. But it won't be pretty if you're still a work in progress and hiding shortcomings you wish you didn't have. And if that does happen as it did with me you have no choice but to use that horrible feeling and that regret to make sure it never happens again the next time a good match comes along.
Fillip
Freshman Poster

Post by Fillip »

This can happen to anyone. Take care.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@eurobrat called into rooshv live show to rant about his ukraine girl experience. He was the first caller. See below.

https://youtu.be/SmMhhiKImYY
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

eurobrat made it sound like it's a big production to go from Ireland to Ukraine. I know guys from Europe who come to Kyiv for the weekend. Roosh is right that you don't write off a whole country because of one dumb broad.

Winston, you should do a radio show like Roosh V. Have you ever thought of that?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

SteveUKR wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 6:55 am
eurobrat made it sound like it's a big production to go from Ireland to Ukraine. I know guys from Europe who come to Kyiv for the weekend. Roosh is right that you don't write off a whole country because of one dumb broad.

Winston, you should do a radio show like Roosh V. Have you ever thought of that?
I spoke to him several times about this and I think his point was more on the fact that, if there's no appreciable difference between dating girls in Ukraine and girls in his current location (Ireland), he'd rather stick to the locals who are at least at arm's reach.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

SteveUKR wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 6:55 am

It is a pain in the ass, I have to fly to London on Ryan Air... then wait in one of the smaller airports for 4 hours, then jump on another flight with WhizzAir to Kiev and the flight gets in at 1:00am in the morning.

Then on the way back there was no later flights to Dublin so I had to stay in some shitty 3 star hotel near the airport then wake up at 4am in the morning to make my 6:30am flight to Dublin.

Unfortunately, I am on a small little Island in the middle of the Atlantic.