1st Anniversary in the Philippines Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
davewe
Experienced Poster

1st Anniversary in the Philippines Report

Post by davewe »

Hi All:

I'm not here much anymore but thought some of my friends might want to see a report on my last year, as well as all the things we've done in the Philippines:

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2018/08 ... butt-ugly/
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 27th, 2019, 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: 1st Anniversary in the Philippines Report

Post by Zambales »

davewe wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 7:00 am
Hi All:

I'm not here much anymore but thought some of my friends might want to see a report on my last year, as well as all the things we've done in the Philippines:

Dumaguete is my favourite city in the Philippines. I enjoyed relaxing on the boulevard with a San Miguel, the trip up to the hills in Valencia to experience the pools and waterfalls, the choppy bangka crossing to Apo Island and the visit to the laid-back friendly island of Siquijor.

Winston, forget Manila & Angeles. Get your ass down to this part of the Philippines. It's only an hours flight away from Manila.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow @davewe is that your blog? Looks nice!

So you are in Dumaguete now? Rock and I were planning to go there. But we heard mixed things about it. Every guy has a different opinion of it. Can we go there and meet you?

Any photos of Dumaguete to share? Are these your photos there?

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2016/09 ... 6-gallery/

If so then wow. Your girl looks very sweet, cute and wholesome. Mind if I embed some of the pics below?

Holy smokes. These look like houses in America. I've never seen houses that big in the Philippines before. Is that your house davewe?

The girls there look wholesome, sweet, warm and laid back too.

Also guys, check out Davewe's Palawan photo gallery too!

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2016/09 ... 6-gallery/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw @davewe I want to apologize if I said any insulting remarks about your appearance in the past. I didn't mean to say disparaging things about you. It was just a slip of the tongue. Rock told me I ought to apologize for that. I realize I never did. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to do so now.

You certainly are a shining example of a great HA testimony! Congrats! :)

I will definitely share your blog and story with all my promotion venues online! :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Davewe, do you remember Larry Elterman? The guy who wrote that comprehensive guide to the Philippines?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8365

He lives in Dumaguete too. Have you met him before? If you want, I can PM you his email and you can arrange to meet up with him.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out Davewe's article on buying property in the Philippines. Here is part 1.

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2018/07 ... es-part-1/

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Ghost wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 7:00 pm
Congrats, Davewe. If you are doing that well in a country as tough as PH, then you are doing well indeed.
Thanks Ghost. I'm not finding it so tough - at least not so far.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Zambales wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 11:17 pm
davewe wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 7:00 am
Hi All:

Dumaguete is my favourite city in the Philippines. I enjoyed relaxing on the boulevard with a San Miguel, the trip up to the hills in Valencia to experience the pools and waterfalls, the choppy bangka crossing to Apo Island and the visit to the laid-back friendly island of Siquijor.

Winston, forget Manila & Angeles. Get your ass down to this part of the Philippines. It's only an hours flight away from Manila.
Yep, you've hit many of the high points of living in and around Duma. And we do live in Valencia!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 12:34 am
Wow @davewe is that your blog? Looks nice!

So you are in Dumaguete now? Rock and I were planning to go there. But we heard mixed things about it. Every guy has a different opinion of it. Can we go there and meet you?
Yes we have lived in Duma for the past year. We enjoy it but like any place there are good and bad aspects. It's not a big bar town nor a big girl town, though with a bunch of colleges there are plenty of girls.

Sure - If you come I;d be glad to meet.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 12:38 am
Btw @davewe I want to apologize if I said any insulting remarks about your appearance in the past. I didn't mean to say disparaging things about you. It was just a slip of the tongue. Rock told me I ought to apologize for that. I realize I never did. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to do so now.

You certainly are a shining example of a great HA testimony! Congrats! :)

I will definitely share your blog and story with all my promotion venues online! :)
Thanks for the apology Winston. I do appreciate it. But the truth is this year I turned 65 and there's only so good you're going to look at 65. The pics you shared are all 2-3 years old. I've probably lost 15 pounds since I've moved here. OTOH I've aged a couple years, so I guess it balances out. My wife though looks the same :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 12:45 am
Btw Davewe, do you remember Larry Elterman? The guy who wrote that comprehensive guide to the Philippines?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8365

He lives in Dumaguete too. Have you met him before? If you want, I can PM you his email and you can arrange to meet up with him.
Yeah I read Larry's book years back. I wasn't aware that he was in Duma. It's in many ways a small town so I may have seen or met him and not realized it. And sure I'd be glad to meet him.