Winston back in America - Observations and Updates

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
icarus
Freshman Poster

anti-social??? projection alert!!!

Post by icarus »

Vinstonas wrote:Here's a weird response I got that I think is dead wrong. What is this guy smoking?!
I think its all in your head- Ive lived in Russia, Ive been to the
Phillipines for 2 weeks, lived in Thailand, Minneapolis, LA and I live
in NY now. People are the same everywhere.

Minnesota is known as one of the most closed, cliquesh, unfriendly
places in America, probably similar to your hometown in Washington.
The term "minnesota nice" means polite, but ultimately distant and
disinterested. I arrived in 2005 in Minneapolis with a job and
apartment and not a single friend. Despite all the warnings about how
hard it is there to meet people, suggestions that I join a "support
group" for minnesota "transplants" (which was actually included in my
company's new employee package), I had no trouble creating a social
circle.

I did what I did in every place Ive been- I created some value to add
to people's lives and I leveraged social dynamics. In Minnesota, I
had a nice patio and indoor pool and jaccuzzi at my apartment
buildings, so I starting telling everyone I met (from work, from bars
I went to alone at first, girls I approached, etc) that I was having a
huge BBQ and pool party. When dozens of people showed up three weeks
later they just assumed I was very popular and had lots of friends.
The people who came had fun and I added value to their lives. One of
the girls I had invited stayed the night. I had the same party a few
weeks later and was more selective about who was invited, and after a
few months I had plenty of people who prioritized getting me to like
them.

In Russia and the Phillipines you added value to peoples lives just by
being an American and a foreigner (in Russia because of curiosity and
prestige, in the Phillipines because of some persisting myths about
foriengers having wealth), but without that very temporary advantage
you will get treated with the same disinterest as anywhere unless you
bring people value and then leverage social dynamics to make them work
for it. Already in much of Russia nobody could care less if you are
American and will ignore you. In some clubs in Manila and Cebu I
noticed the same thing among the more worldy Filipinos. Soon this
attitude of contempt will spread to the smallest most removed villages
and everyone on earth will be closed to you unless you provide them
some other value.

IS
My response to him:

Some simple facts prove you wrong.

I know some poor Filipino guys. And NONE of them complain that girls are antisocial or uanpproachable in their country. No one in Europe complains about that too. That's only in the US.

Why do you think there is no PUA industry in other countries like in the US?

No other country has so many nice guys who can't meet girls like in the US. I have tons of testimonies to prove it, including the guy from Belgium that I posted.

GIrls in Philippines and Russia think I'm chinese, not American. They are simply more approachable and open, without a force field. It's not cause of my American passport. God your mind is so narrow and wrong.

You assume that everyone has a force field and is antisocial by nature, unless they have ulterior motives. That is NOT true. Most of the world is not like that and most of human history has not been like that.

BTW, I've gone out with middle class girls in the Philippines too, who could care less about my citizenship.

Heck, Dianne doesn't even want to go to the US and refuses to do so!

GOTCHA!
So that guy had a different experience and view on things than you have. We know you don't agree but what's with this uncontrollable arrogant "gotcha" urge Winston? You think the points you raised just completely and absolutely obliterate his own conclusions down to their subatomic particles? Of course you also can't help but diagnose yet one more person with a "narrow" mind. I see you still haven't learned the art of respectfully disagreeing with someone.

Whenever someone suggests something contradictory to your world view, then pompous ass Winston the Great sees his imaginary empire, built of esoteric knowledge threatened and he has to respond with both barrels blazing in order to protect his sacred "truth".

Any person of reasonable intelligence knows, it's not so much what you say but how you say it. I'm sure you know this, but you seem either incapable or impervious to it. Naturally, this is less problematic on your own board, but anyone who does a google search for WWU777 or "Winston Wu" will see your very impressive track record in thoroughly disgusting, annoying and alienating the majority of people you encounter on other webboards- usually from the very first thread you start. As usual, I expect you, pro forma, to blame all of them out of their intense aversion and hatred for the truth as naturally, there could never be anything faulty with your thought process or delivery.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
SNS
Freshman Poster

Re: anti-social??? projection alert!!!

Post by SNS »

icarus wrote: So that guy had a different experience and view on things than you have. We know you don't agree but what's with this uncontrollable arrogant "gotcha" urge Winston?
Respectfully Icarus, if one looks at the first thing this guy said to Winston: "Its all in your head" this is a classic response that gets thrown out A LOT. For those of us unplugged from the American matrix we all know this is bullshit. A remark like that will naturally make anyone who knows better rightfully a bit defensive.

OK great so get a fancy job and a jacuzzi and throw a party. So many people showed up, but just for the pàrty, and how many of these people are his true friends?

But what if one does not have a great home and a jacuzzi? This is the crux to IMHO the social problem in Amerikka. All respect and kindness and relations have to be a paid for.

I think also this guy is white washing how his life really is. Just a hunch.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

SaturdayNightSpecial wrote:
icarus wrote: So that guy had a different experience and view on things than you have. We know you don't agree but what's with this uncontrollable arrogant "gotcha" urge Winston?
Respectfully Icarus, if one looks at the first thing this guy said to Winston: "Its all in your head" this is a classic response that gets thrown out A LOT. For those of us unplugged from the American matrix we all know this is bullshit. A remark like that will naturally make anyone who knows better rightfully a bit defensive.

OK great so get a fancy job and a jacuzzi and throw a party. So many people showed up, but just for the pàrty, and how many of these people are his true friends?

But what if one does not have a great home and a jacuzzi? This is the crux to IMHO the social problem in Amerikka. All respect and kindness and relations have to be a paid for.

I think also this guy is white washing how his life really is. Just a hunch.
I did notice that too, however Wu has shown a pattern to me in his repeated attempts to uberpwn those who disagree with him, on this and other forums. I wouldn't go so far as to say that guy was whitewashing the reality, although he is oversimplifying it to a degree. In the same vein, your statement that all respect and kindness must be paid for in this country is ridiculously exaggerated and overly-broad.

You did bring up one interesting thing though at your "all in your head" remark. It seems that so many people in this country love to play the arm-chair shrink and throw around all kinds of meaningless pop-psychology terms and amateur diagnoses. Not being able to deal with "inner-demons" is another one I hear parroted again and again. :wink:
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

My experience- Minnesota is socially cold!!

Post by Montanaland »

Here I go again... but rather than reporting of my nasty experience with the cuban-american/little havana community..I have had many, many cold moments with minneapolis people!!

I had a real close friend in college who I met playing hockey along with a manager and casual friendships with Minneapolis people.. to sum it up>>> THEY SUCK. You don't say "Hi" on the street in passing...as many folks from that area tell me. Even my ex-girlfriend from Miliwaukee said that Minneaplolis is known as "stuck-up, cliquesh and stand offish to the rest of the mid west. It could be the Lutheran conservative way of life...or the extremely cold winters...but again they come across very cold and disinterested.

Again...I know of no other city that is as stuck up and cold as the twin cities.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Post by SNS »

icarus wrote: I wouldn't go so far as to say that guy was whitewashing the reality, although he is oversimplifying it to a degree. In the same vein, your statement that all respect and kindness must be paid for in this country is ridiculously exaggerated and overly-broad.
God I hope so :) but i stil think life outside femerikka is better. Its not for everyone Im sure.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My experience- Minnesota is socially cold!!

Post by jamesbond »

Montanaland wrote: Again...I know of no other city that is as stuck up and cold as the twin cities.
Hey, try Chicago, New York, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle and Phoenix. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SaturdayNightSpecial wrote:I agree with momopi's suggestions because i think he has a good take on what it takes to get in social circles in Amerikka.

But this then boils down to the one major conclusion: too much effort for so little reward IMHO. Going foreign, not just for women, but also for a sane life. The other thing that has to be mentioned here is the war being waged against men in America. When one spends time outside the anglospshere you realize just how hostile America is against men. hard core.
Well true, his suggestions do up your odds. However, the bottom line is that an average person cannot take his suggestions and get a date with them ANYTIME he wants to. They up the odds maybe from 5 percent to 10 percent at best. Thus your chances are still slim.

America's dating scene appears to be a dead end for most single guys. In the suburbs, all the women say they are taken or not looking. In the big city, the single girls in the bars think they are too good for you and have super high standards. Either way, you lose. That's the reality of it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Icarus,
I thought I told you that it's best you don't respond to any of my posts. You don't like me, and we have a personality conflict. People who are like oil and water should stay away from each other. Why cause unnecessary friction on here? Nothing I say will change your mind. You just do not like who I am and what I say and how I think. You do not like my style and I don't like yours. But you can't change who I am either. And I can't change for you either, not that I'd want to anyway. So what are you trying to accomplish? A wise man knows when to quit and shut up, and avoids unnecessary conflict.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Icarus is living in Denver???

Post by Montanaland »

Icarus does not live or will he ever live outside the USA!

So what real life ("Happier Abroad") experiences does this dude have to share with the board other than personal attacks??

I don't care about reading about some guys life in the U.S. so please quit typing bu@#$hit (Icarus) if it does not pertain to living a happy life outside of your U.S. lifetime residence...Denver, Colorado !!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Icarus is living in Denver???

Post by Winston »

Montanaland wrote:Icarus does not live or will he ever live outside the USA!

So what real life ("Happier Abroad") experiences does this dude have to share with the board other than personal attacks??

I don't care about reading about some guys life in the U.S. so please quit typing bu@#$hit (Icarus) if it does not pertain to living a happy life outside of your U.S. lifetime residence...Denver, Colorado !!
Good point. Though I don't know Icarus, or if he's ever been outside the US like he claims he has, I do know one thing. Happy fulfilled people do not constantly try to bring someone else down.

Plus it is clear that he is biased against me. He has no logical arguments to refute anything I say. He merely doesn't like the way I carry myself. But if that were it, then he'd be attacking anyone else using the same style as me, including those against me. But he doesn't. For example, if he doesn't like how I berate someone's argument, then he should have a problem with someone else who berates me in the same manner. But he doesn't. Therefore it's obvious he has a subjective bias against me, which is pointless and accomplishes nothing. I wish he'd just leave personal grudges out of this.

firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

reply to vistonas

Post by firethrower1000 »

yeah and one tv show that relly stuck me the most about it was "CHARMED" the three sisters are always talkative and with their guyfriends and bofriends too...but thats an issue that we must find a good answer too though..because its intersetingly strange
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm back in the Philippines now.

After Las Vegas we headed into California and then up through Oregon and back to Washington. Bakersfield, CA also had that hopeless depressing vibe. And the Bay Area seemed like a desolate desert devoid of scenery. Instead, something about its vibe made your blood boil, as if you were full of rage and impatience. It brought back memories of growing up there. I've always felt that it had some type of "dysfunctional vibe", but of course, we are taught to deny such things and see problems only in ourselves.

In the Bay Area, I met many of my relatives and even accidentally ran into an old college friend in a Chinese restaurant. I can't believe that after all these years, they are still there, stuck in a routine in a highly stressful place like the Bay Area, when there are soooooo many other nicer places to live and be. It baffles the mind. But I guess when you are a slave to a corporation...

Being in CA also brought back memories in me where for years and years life seemed so hopeless, miserable and futile, as if all I could do was suffer in silence. Now I realize that there is this HUGE HUGE denial of how dysfunctional things are there.

Once you get out of the Bay Area or Los Angeles though, CA is much quieter and slow paced like most of the quieter parts of the country are.

I was impressed by how much technology has changed there though. Every working family now has a flat screen TV. And the newer cars now have a button you can push to start the ignition rather than turning a key. There is even this new game system called "wii sports" now where you hold a hand remote device and the video game mimicks your real life movements. Some of the games are very realistic if you play them on a big screen TV and feel like the "real experience". For example, the bowling game has all the thrills and chills of being in a real bowling alley. The newer video games look more realistic than ever.

Anyhow, it's good to be back in the Philippines again. I have a new appreciation for this place now. Despite its shortcomings, a man's soul feels much more at peace and well adjustment than in the USA, for sure, hands down. Lots of expats here agree.

There is this very strong sense of disconnectedness in the US, and your soul feel fragmented and insecure as well. There is no sense of connectedness at all in the US. No true bond between people. The system and culture there incites people to be greedy and live for pure self-interest. It divides people, not unites them, that's for sure. And that goes against the natural universe in which we are all made from the same star dust, share the same universal consciousness, etc. No wonder why American society is dysfunctional, unnatural and F ed up.

But for some reason, this is never discussed or mentioned publicly. It's like people are either in denial about it, or think it's normal, or afraid to talk about it. It's a weird form of the "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. But the deafening silence about something so damn obvious is baffling to me.

In other countries there is a far more natural sense of "connectedness". You don't have to notice this, it's just something you "know" when you are in it. It reminds me of what John Perkins, an ex CIA economic hitman, said in the movie Zeitgeist Addendum that "there is a joy in connectedness that you can't get from money or material things."

Anyhow, I will see you all on the forum soon.

Regards,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

By the way, I forgot to mention that when we were driving through California, we saw a lot of guys sitting by the side of the road. I wasn't sure if they were hitchhikers or not, as they did not hold out their thumb. What were they doing? Waiting for someone to stop and offer them a ride? Is there some new hitchhiker wave in California? Anyone know what it's about?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

If they were Mexican they are probably waiting for someone to pull up and offer them some kind of day work or something.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:If they were Mexican they are probably waiting for someone to pull up and offer them some kind of day work or something.
They weren't Mexican. More like hippies and college age folks dressed in grungy clothes. I've never seen so many sitting by the side of the road. They were in Northern California in the Redwoods near Medocino, and near the rest stops on the way to LA too.