"Rock with Winston" in Taiwan: Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winston wrote: Then in Chiayi, we went up to a taxi driver to ask if there was any P4P in town. He took us to two places, but since it was afternoon, there weren't many girls available. We did eventually find a place with a young girl I found attractive though. So I went for it. Boy, the experience was indescribable. I felt like I was in Nirvana - finally being able to touch, caress and make love to a girl from a race and culture that was so unattainable and prudish to me. It was like a dream come true. Her skin was so silky smooth, and she let me kiss, feel and lick her legs and feet, which are my fetish parts. Oh man. It felt so good.
Atta boy Winston! Keep the juicy stories coming :lol:
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winston wrote:We all had a good time. When we all went home at 3am, Rock tried to get my date to go to my hotel with me, since his date told him that her friend does do one-night stand with guys from clubs. But she preferred to go home instead. Then, in a last ditch effort, Rock asked his date to try to bargain with her and offer her money to sleep with me. At that, they were offended, and quoted me a price of 10,000NT, which was over $300 USD! I guess even ugly Taiwanese girls think too highly of themselves. lol. (See what becoming Westernized does to women? Even ugly girls think they are hot sh** and worth a lot. lol) Rock was surprised and told me that she wasn't even attractive enough to ask for that much.
Winston you smoooooth operator. I'll agree with you that 300+ bucks is a steep price for a girl whom even you admit is ugly. After all, she usually goes home with guys for free! Hmmm, perhaps she's trying to deliver a message to you?

Later that night, after our hero consults a local cab driver about P4P in the area:

Winston wrote:It was kind of expensive at 3,000 NT ($100) but it felt good and I was able to let out my sexual frustrations at least. Oh well. Better than nothing I guess.
Yep. At least you weren't arrested. Well played, player.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice report!

I went to a wedding at the weekend, and the bride was Chinese, so there were many Asian women there.

Some were very hot indeed. A couple of them were astoundingly hot. I spoke to a Taiwanese girl, she was a 10, and also very intelligent. I got nowhere - we'd all be out of her league. She reminded me of the Japanese girls I dated. In all honesty they're really hard work. Female 10's are unfortunate really though - they only want to date male 10's, and since male 10's can date any woman on the planet, they're ultra, ultra picky, even if you're a female 10.

I'm really getting to like Chinese girls from the Southern coastal provinces. Fujian girls are nice, although I've never dated one (this needs to change!). I still don't think you can beat Cantonese girls for personality (and nice racks!), even if they do get a bit fat later in life. Well at least they appreciate the good things in life. Plus their families are usually quite well off, so you know they're not just marrying for money.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is my dad's response to my trip report with Rock. LOL
Dear Win,

What Rock said about "black world" is what we called "Hei Dao". We usually refer that as "Black Society". They consist of different group of gangs, each group rules and controls certain part of entertainment establishments, such as KTV's, massage parlors and night clubs. They have their own law. We should try not to mess with them. It is a good experience for you and Rock to visit some of them just to fulfill your curiosity but once is enough, try to stay away from those places. You can't find a decent girl there, pretty maybe but not decent.

It is also true that in the south of Taiwan there are more people who appear rough, talk and act rude and uncivilized. I usually try to avoid them at all cost. If we accidentally encounter them , for instance they cut into your way while your are driving, just ignore them and keep going your way.

You and Rock had some interesting experiences, although no conclusive result yet. But, to experience first hand is important. Now you are qualified to comment what Taiwanese girls are rather than just from observation.

What you should do is don't give up. There are plenty of girls in Taiwan and if you keep trying, you will get some result. But, first you have to make yourself easy and interesting to talk to. You have the ability to do those aimless small talks. I heard you talking with girls on the phone for half an hour, laughing and exciting. Make things happen naturally. Don't make girl feel like your purpose is to date her. Ask more questions about her, find some common interests so you can have better conversation. Make her feel you are enjoying talking with her.

If you would listen to me to eat or swim at Chiayi University, you could already met some educated girls. Offer those students for language exchange. I believe many will be interested in.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winnie's dad wrote: What you should do is don't give up. There are plenty of girls in Taiwan and if you keep trying, you will get some result. But, first you have to make yourself easy and interesting to talk to. You have the ability to do those aimless small talks.
Uh-oh... even Winnie's dad says TW girls are approachable... Think I smell a major flame war coming up in the Wu family household tonight! :roll:

Oh a more positive note, your dad is convinced that you are more than capable of grade-A bullshitting! Score!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A few more things:

- Rock asked a lot of girls we met, including some of my friends, about my buzz haircut. To his surprise, about 75 percent of the girls we asked said that I looked better with shorter hair, which they said looked trim and neat, agreeing with me, while only a few agreed with Rock that my hair looked better long! Well what do you know. lol. For once, the majority is on my side. :) I tried to explain to Rock that his opinion doesn't represent that of everyone in the universe. lol

Also, the lady who cut my hair said that there is no question that short and neat is better than long and fuzzy like a porcupine. She only made 100NT from my haircut, so I don't think she had a vested interest in saying that. She said it straight from the heart.

- Rock is different from others in a peculiar way. When we first meet people, he likes to tell them about my controversial views. For example, when we first chat up Taiwan girls, he likes to tell them right away that I find Taiwanese girls to be unapproachable. I keep telling him that it's not appropriate to bring up controversial things to people you just meet. You are supposed to keep it lighthearted and positive until you get to know them. Everyone knows that. It's common sense. But Rock disagrees and thinks that talking about controversial things brings you closer to others.

What do you all think of that? Is bringing up controversial things with strangers a good idea? Common sense says no, so I don't understand Rock's logic.

I keep telling him not to talk about my controversial views to strangers, even to Western strangers, but his tongue is often very loose. I thought I was very blunt, but he is even more so. I try to act positive and lighthearted when I first meet girls. Bringing up controversial things gets you into arguments, and that's the last thing I want to do with strangers, esp if they are girls I'm trying to impress. Sheesh. Girls tend to be turned off by controversial things uttered by strangers, so it's never a good idea in my experience. I also don't do that with western strangers because they may get all politically correct and say "Not all are like that" when you bring up observations, which put you in hot water no matter how accurate they are.

- I don't understand why nightclubs, KTV's and massage parlors are part of the "black world" in Taiwan. In Europe, they are part of the mainstream world, where even good people go. Why does it feel more dark, seedy and negative in Taiwan, as if only bad people go there? Strange.

Also, is there a reason why low quality people tend to go to nightclubs? Everyone says that you aren't going to meet quality decent girls in nightlife. Why is that? What does it mean exactly? What is it about nightlife that attracts bad girls? And why do good decent girls stay away from it? Is there a logical explanation for this? And what is meant by "bad girls" anyway?

Why do gangs operate massage parlors and brothels? What is the reason for that? How do people join such gangs? Are they forced into them by family? Or is it due to employment opportunities they provide?
Last edited by Winston on August 28th, 2012, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CerealKiller wrote:
Winnie's dad wrote: What you should do is don't give up. There are plenty of girls in Taiwan and if you keep trying, you will get some result. But, first you have to make yourself easy and interesting to talk to. You have the ability to do those aimless small talks.
Uh-oh... even Winnie's dad says TW girls are approachable... Think I smell a major flame war coming up in the Wu family household tonight! :roll:

Oh a more positive note, your dad is convinced that you are more than capable of grade-A bullshitting! Score!
How would he know? He's never approached a girl in Taiwan. He's only met people through school and work, in accord with tradition. He is just very pro-Taiwan and so he tries to keep it positive about Taiwan. What did you expect?

Stop calling me Winnie. Only arch enemies like Dave Fuller call me by that. Are you him in disguise?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:A few more things:

- Rock asked a lot of girls we met, including some of my friends, about my buzz haircut. To his surprise, about 75 percent of the girls we asked said that I looked better with shorter hair, which they said looked trim and neat, agreeing with me, while only a few agreed with Rock that my hair looked better long! Well what do you know. lol. For once, the majority is on my side. :) I tried to explain to Rock that his opinion doesn't represent that of everyone in the universe. lol

Also, the lady who cut my hair said that there is no question that short and neat is better than long and fuzzy like a porcupine. She only made 100NT from my haircut, so I don't think she had a vested interest in saying that. She said it straight from the heart.

- Rock is different from others in a peculiar way. When we first meet people, he likes to tell them about my controversial views. For example, when we first chat up Taiwan girls, he likes to tell them right away that I find Taiwanese girls to be unapproachable. I keep telling him that it's not appropriate to bring up controversial things to people you just meet. You are supposed to keep it lighthearted and positive until you get to know them. Everyone knows that. It's common sense. But Rock disagrees and thinks that talking about controversial things brings you closer to others.

What do you all think of that? Is bringing up controversial things with strangers a good idea? Common sense says no, so I don't understand Rock's logic.

I keep telling him not to talk about my controversial views to strangers, even to Western strangers, but his tongue is often very loose. I thought I was very blunt, but he is even more so. I try to act positive and lighthearted when I first meet girls. Bringing up controversial things gets you into arguments, and that's the last thing I want to do with strangers, esp if they are girls I'm trying to impress. Sheesh. Girls tend to be turned off by controversial things uttered by strangers, so it's never a good idea in my experience. I also don't do that with western strangers because they may get all politically correct and say "Not all are like that" when you bring up observations, which put you in hot water no matter how accurate they are.

- I don't understand why nightclubs, KTV's and massage parlors are part of the "black world" in Taiwan. In Europe, they are part of the mainstream world, where even good people go. Why does it feel more dark, seedy and negative in Taiwan, as if only bad people go there? Strange.

Also, is there a reason why low quality people tend to go to nightclubs? Everyone says that you aren't going to meet quality decent girls in nightlife. Why is that? What does it mean exactly? What is it about nightlife that attracts bad girls? And why do good decent girls stay away from it? Is there a logical explanation for this? And what is meant by "bad girls" anyway?

Why do gangs operate massage parlors and brothels? What is the reason for that? How do people join such gangs? Are they forced into them by family? Or is it due to employment opportunities they provide?
1. I believe brothels, nightspots, and even clubs are in many cases if not almost all controlled by underworld forces in many parts of Europe. Whenever its not totally legal, some sort of mafia generally gets involved I think.

2. There is more than one way to skin a cat. My goal w/new meets, depending on how I first gauge them, is to get them engaged in convo w/me so as to establish familiarity. The only time we ever had anyone get angry was that club mamasan and I was totally polite to her (she was pissed about photos downstairs). I'm usually good at knowing when to escalate or back-off. First encounters are about generating convo and testing the waters.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:A few more things:

No offense intended to the middle or south of Taiwan. But local people in Taipei seem to have a better sense of style and grooming IMO. The only Taiwanese I saw during our trip who I recall were close to this were the young people we saw milling about Cash Box KTV the night before the Taiphoon day off.

Anyway, I would be interested to see what the consensus on your hair would be among classy young Taipei girls. Now if they were to insist you look best with that short buzz cut, I wouldn't have anything more to say. Women are gonna be the best advisers for that sort of thing.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Rock wrote:Anyway, I would be interested to see what the consensus on your hair would be among classy young Taipei girls. Now if they were to insist you look best with that short buzz cut, I wouldn't have anything more to say.
I forgot who first said it, but I'll reiterate that getting Winston to change his haircut is akin to "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." :lol: Even if he does end up looking marginally better, I doubt it's gonna matter in the grand scheme of things.

You should probably just let Winston have his way and concede 'defeat' in this matter. I know, I know... but you know how he is. Just let him have his way.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, your dad is interesting and also wise. I think the area of Taiwan you asked him about is a lot like Shinjuku in Tokyo. A lot of shit was going down there, I didn't begin to understand most of it. The police stay away from it - they know they're not welcome there. It has its own laws and rules of etiquette.

Oh, apart from a Filipina grabbing hold of my arm and not letting go. Lol lol lol lol lol. It was obvious what was going on here. I didn't follow this one up as I was meeting a girl the next day (plus I knew that Japanese sex places cost upwards of $$$$$).

I think your dad would approve of my plan of going to a Chinese University. There will be no end of pretty girls to help with their language studies. Plus the teacher/pupil thing is irresistable for girls - my friend was a teacher and he married his pupil - they've been married for decades now!

Ladies like interesting men. I score well here for being a foreigner. All but one Asian girl I've met have liked talking to me. I just need to work on my game a bit. This comes with experience.

Also it's essential to go to a city full of desperate singles. Guangzhou and Shenzhen are great. There are way more alpha females than males, and they're desperate to meet foreign guys. Most of them have plenty of cash - they're not marrying exclusively for money.

When I next get to Guangzhou, I'll haul Winston's ass over and find him some women :D .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

xiongmao wrote:Oh, apart from a Filipina grabbing hold of my arm and not letting go. Lol lol lol lol lol. It was obvious what was going on here.
Happened to me in a mid-sized city in Guizhou province. Chubby girl with nice curves. :P

Plus the teacher/pupil thing is irresistable for girls - my friend was a teacher and he married his pupil - they've been married for decades now!
In Taiwan, many male tutors end up marrying their female tutees. Those marriages often end up to be very happy, functional ones.

Ladies like interesting men. I score well here for being a foreigner. All but one Asian girl I've met have liked talking to me. I just need to work on my game a bit. This comes with experience.
I also score for being an atypical Chinese doing atypical, interesting things. Now how about Winston ....

When I next get to Guangzhou, I'll haul Winston's ass over and find him some women :D
And I'll do that along with you, Xiongmao! :D Btw, I'm in Guangzhou right now.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some new photos from the week that me and Rock hung out together last time, which I didn't have time to post yet until now.

First, this is Ling Ling, the girl in Taichung that I was seeing. She hung out with Rock and I a few times, and is fun and talkative. She is a massage therapist who immigrated from China when she got married to a Taiwanese guy, who later passed away. She wishes she could return to China but her kids want to stay here.

Me and her:

At a club in Taichung, my friend got wild on the pole. lol

From the pole, she tries to seduce me. lol Rock took these photos with his camera. He seemed to get off on it. lol

Ling Ling dancing with another girl.

Me and a tall hot girl at the club that Rock chatted up and got a number from. A guy tried to get in his way, so he had my friend get it from her.

A hot but unapproachable girl in a blue dress. She was surrounded by guys she knew the whole time. Even Rock would not dare approach her.

This is the pub with hostess girls that Rock and I got kicked out of for no reason other than that the manager didn't like white guys or something. I don't know. But the girls there were hot, as you can see in these images on the wall.

As you can see, the outside of it looks tempting and inviting, but inside, the vibes are bad and unfriendly.

More later.
Last edited by Winston on January 29th, 2013, 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Photos continued.

A sweet girl I chatted up on the bus.

A cute hair stylist I talked to at the train station.

Needless to say, these girls acted friendly, but none of it went anywhere. All they did was add me to Facebook and ignored me afterward.

Here is that cute girl Kat again, whom I posted earlier in this thread from a few years ago when we went to a pub lounge with those two girls. Here she is at the new pub she works at and hostesses at. I called her and then me and Rock went to visit her. As you can see, she is even hotter now with her legs. lol. But Ling Ling didn't like her though, probably because she saw that I was enamored by her. lol

Another girl there:

More later.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Photos continued.

This is that Vietnamese girl that we met at McDonalds late one night. She seemed to like me and said all the right things. But then suddenly flaked for some unknown reason. First, she asked me for flowers, so I brought them for her. Then she became cold for no reason and flaked out later. She claimed to be a student in Taiwan, but we don't know the truth. Rock said there was something shady about her.

Her fellow Vietnamese girls at the karaoke bar. The lady on the right was into Rock, but he wasn't into her. lol However, the one next to her looked hot though.