Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm back in the Philippines now. So if any of you are headed this way and want to meet up, let me know.

Wow I really appreciate being here more now. Being away from it, you realize some things here. As Ladislav said, social interaction here is smooth beyond belief. The Filipino intelligence is all about being harmonious with others, rather than logical analysis like the Western standard. Thus there is a smoothness in social interaction here and the flow of things, that absolutely unbelievable and out of the realm of possibility in the Western World. It's astounding. You gotta experience it over and over again to know what I mean. It's beyond words. It's amazing how you can just be nice and everyone will be nice back to you. In the Western World, that only exists in fiction. But here, it's a reality.

Ladislav was right guys. Listen to him. He is one of the most truthful sharer of wisdom that you'll ever meet.
Last edited by Winston on January 24th, 2011, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm back in the Philippines now. So if any of you are headed this way and want to meet up, let me know.

Wow I really appreciate being here more now. Being away from it, you realize some things here. As Ladislav said, social interaction here is smooth beyond belief. The Filipino intelligence is all about being harmonious with others, rather than logical analysis like the Western standard. Thus there is a smoothness in social interaction here and the flow of things, that absolutely unbelievable and out of the realm of possibility in the Western World. It's astounding. You gotta experience it over and over again to know what I mean. It's beyond words. It's amazing how you can just be nice and everyone will be nice back to you. In the Western World, that only exists in fiction. But here, it's a reality.

Ladislav was right guys. Listen to him. He is one of the most truthful sharer of wisdom that you'll ever meet.
Winston, I don't know if this is happening to you but it happens to me sometimes. When I leave a country that I basically like for a long time, and then suddenly return, the first few days to weeks is like a honeymoon period. The place seems so wonderful. But as the weeks become months, reality sets in and I start to see the bad side too. No country is perfect so the best we can do is find our favorite countries and spend as much time in them as possible. Hope you remain happy in Phils.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah, well the lesson here is to learn to count your blessings. Once you are without them or experience the opposite, you appreciate them more.

Hope you can come to Angeles sometime Rock, so you can experience what I mean. I'd like to show it all to you in person so you can compare. Totally different vibe here. The hearts and souls of people seem so rich compared to wealthier countries.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I met a bunch of filipinos working in a restaurant in China tonight. It was amazing how friendly there were. I have forgotten what interaction with them was like. Not saying I will be going back anytime soon, though, as I still vividly remember the bad side...
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Terrence wrote:I met a bunch of filipinos working in a restaurant in China tonight. It was amazing how friendly there were. I have forgotten what interaction with them was like. Not saying I will be going back anytime soon, though, as I still vividly remember the bad side...
What's your perception of the bad side?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Congratulations, Winston! Finally back in the place that makes you happy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in the Philippines now. Wow its amazing. People are so relaxed and easygoing. I can compliment any girl I want without feeling like a creep. It's so great to be around normal natural people again. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. It's so refreshing. The difference from Taiwan is absolutely amazing. Beyond words. So surreal. The vibe here really soothes your soul. I'm in culture shock right now but in a positive way of course. I'm still in awe and taking it all in.

Also my son has really changed a lot. He no longer complains or behaves badly. He is very quiet and well behaved now. Like a different person. Quite amazing. I thought he'd never change.

Anyway tomorrow I'll probably meet up with Rock and Ginger. Talk to you all later.

I'm typing this from my android so it's taking a long time. I didn't bring my laptop with me.

WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

LOL You're really funny, Winston. You probably have no idea :lol:
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Good luck Winnie

Hope you score some puss tonight, you are overdue
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When in the Philippines remember that you are in an ancient Hindu kingdom with a veneer of Christianity and American-ness and Spain-ness covering it as a foil wrap that covers a delicious turkey. It takes time to figure it out. The true culture is subtle and implied. When you learn Tagalog, you will see that people there operate on a totally different plane of existence and have totally different values.

I should be joining you ( God willing) this year as soon as I arrange my things here in the US.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Is it just a holiday or you plan to live there ?

Maybe you should stay away from AC and Manila and try different places/cities
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

I'm in the Philippines now. Wow its amazing. People are so relaxed and easygoing. I can compliment any girl I want without feeling like a creep. It's so great to be around normal natural people again. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. It's so refreshing. The difference from Taiwan is absolutely amazing. Beyond words. So surreal. The vibe here really soothes your soul. I'm in culture shock right now but in a positive way of course. I'm still in awe and taking it all in.

Also my son has really changed a lot. He no longer complains or behaves badly. He is very quiet and well behaved now. Like a different person. Quite amazing. I thought he'd never change.

Anyway tomorrow I'll probably meet up with Rock and Ginger. Talk to you all later.

I'm typing this from my android so it's taking a long time. I didn't bring my laptop with me.
Nice to hear you are happier and enjoying the Phillipines Winston. I'm also glad you got to see your son and hope you continue to bond with him, you won't regret it.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Post by Jester »

Freakin KNEW u were goin back there!

The hint was when you mentioned not wanting to let anyone know where you were going, in case someone might send hit men after you. (You said something to that effect.) I didn't post "Philippines" as your predicted destination, on the off chance that it indeed might have caused you an issue.

Glad you're happy, skipper.