Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby Will N. Dowd » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Seeing pictures is not the real thing.Everyone here knows that if they've used online dating and the camera trickery girls use. Until you meet them in person you won't really know what they look like. Rock you only met 2 of the girls I also met and since they weren't your taste, you obviously give them thumbs down. Your taste on what is attractive is unique I must say. The mall girls I introduced you to were just a few I had met and were friendly with me, but they are sub par I agree. I never dated one of them, I only chatted with them there. Their were a couple that you didn't meet that also worked there that I hit on because they were cute, but I got no response. Until I were to introduce you or anyone else to some of my gals there, you won't know what they look like. That's probably not going to happen so the debate could go on forever. Everyone has their own taste in girls. I like petite,cute and slim spinners but I'm not going to post girls pictures here, sorry. Yes I know, good teeth and skin don't make them necessarily hot, but it makes a huge difference. Those are the 2 things that I have major issues with there. I'm sure others will agree it can be deal breaker.
User avatar
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:09 am
Location: Never Land







Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Rock has some weird formula like if they look rich or white skin or if a filipino finds them exotic then they are hotter even if their face is busted and they are overweight and tall. Im sure Will N Dowd has better taste.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:47 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Rock has some weird formula like if they look rich or white skin or if a filipino finds them exotic then they are hotter even if their face is busted and they are overweight and tall. Im sure Will N Dowd has better taste.


Exotic is a code word used by some for dark girls with native looking features who are often seen with white guys and are considered untouchable by many lol. Anyway, native looking girls tend to have very short and low noses, underdevloped weak chins, and cumulative photodamaged epidermis which starts to show by around 25 and can wreak havoc on skin in in the years which follow. If you find some girls in that camp to be attractive then you will have it made.

If a girl has a lot of apparent Spanish or Chinese blood, it will give her a different look which is often more desirable, even if her face is not striking or even average. That look is more presentable in polite company lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Will N. Dowd wrote:Seeing pictures is not the real thing.Everyone here knows that if they've used online dating and the camera trickery girls use. Until you meet them in person you won't really know what they look like. Rock you only met 2 of the girls I also met and since they weren't your taste, you obviously give them thumbs down. Your taste on what is attractive is unique I must say. The mall girls I introduced you to were just a few I had met and were friendly with me, but they are sub par I agree. I never dated one of them, I only chatted with them there. Their were a couple that you didn't meet that also worked there that I hit on because they were cute, but I got no response. Until I were to introduce you or anyone else to some of my gals there, you won't know what they look like. That's probably not going to happen so the debate could go on forever. Everyone has their own taste in girls. I like petite,cute and slim spinners but I'm not going to post girls pictures here, sorry. Yes I know, good teeth and skin don't make them necessarily hot, but it makes a huge difference. Those are the 2 things that I have major issues with there. I'm sure others will agree it can be deal breaker.


Exactly. Moreover, the pics almost always look better or at best the same as the real deal (girl in person). So if the pics are unattractive, then the girl will almost always be unattractive too! I've been a heavy user of online dating so I know this.

If you really want to find the hottest girls the Phils has to offer, then you are in the wrong place. Metro Manila has a much higher concentration, esp. at the highest end. That doesn't mean you would necessarily have a shot with any of them but you could at least give it the old college try. And they certainly won't cover their noses in embarrassment or flatter you with the 'gwapo/pogi' comments the way some impoverished Mindanao province girls might.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Rock has some weird formula like if they look rich or white skin or if a filipino finds them exotic then they are hotter even if their face is busted and they are overweight and tall. Im sure Will N Dowd has better taste.


Exotic is a code word used by some for dark girls with native looking features who are often seen with white guys and are considered untouchable by many lol. Anyway, native looking girls tend to have very short and low noses, underdevloped weak chins, and cumulative photodamaged epidermis which starts to show by around 25 and can wreak havoc on skin in in the years which follow. If you find some girls in that camp to be attractive then you will have it made.

If a girl has a lot of apparent Spanish or Chinese blood, it will give her a different look which is often more desirable, even if her face is not striking or even average. That look is more presentable in polite company lol.


A busted face is a busted face i dont care what others think. Id rather have a hot spinner than a busted white skinned girl with a bit of white or chinese blood.

I dont like the average native looking girl i hate their high cheek bones, potato noses, bad skin, and bone features around the eyes and thick eyebrows. There are exotice and dark skinned petite filipina spinners that do look pretty though. my bar girl was dark skin but i found out she had 1/4 spanish blood which would explain why she had this really big glowing smile and narrow bridge at top and smooth skin which made her prettier than theaverage dark petite filipina. Thats my demographic the cute glowing smile dark skin but smooth and narrow nose girls. They dont ahve to be white if they are petite pretty spinners.


Rock why the heck are you still in Philippines. That miserable country. If you're not gonna marry a girl why are you there for so long?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:31 pm

My wife has a Spanish great-grandfather, and a Japanese great-grandmother. This has affected some of her features - she has a tall, straight nose quite unlike the "flat" noses that Filipina's often have. She does have a relatively dark skin as well, because of her Isinay grandmother who is quite dark. She's in good shape and fit for someone who's already given birth, but I wouldn't call her "petite" necessarily, as she has wide hips and an actual b***y. She's very short too, barely five feet, and her dark skin means many Filipino men would not find her a catch.

Had she been three inches taller and pale, she would have been, but she's short and she's dark. Any girl who's light skinned is instantly bombarded "pretty", and most girls carry around umbrella's franctically when it's sunny outside, to the point of hilarity. Whitening cream ads everywhere, it's crazy. You won't hear me claim I married a super model, but I think my wife is far prettier then a lot of the girls Filipino's would claim are beautiful purely for having a paler then average skin-tone. Worst part? She herself beliefs it too... we have a helper, who's 23 years old and helps my wife take care of our daughter. She's not ugly by any means, but her face is average at most. She has pale and relatively clear skin, however. Kind of chubby, no butt, relatively top-heavy... but a notoriously womanizing uncle of my wife drunkenly admitted to us he'd have sex with her "because she's so beautiful and white". What he meant was: she's beautiful because she is white.

Pale skin alone does not equal beauty, but a lot of Filipino men and women seem to think it does. Some of the most beautiful girls I have seen are local girls from the countryside. Short but curvy, dark but with clear and soft skin, thick jet black hair and fine features and not a drop of Chinese in them.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Marcos, the white skin girl is top heavy as in big breasts? if so then that plus white skin could be understood as big breasts is a rarity there :) But the average plain looking white skin filipina at SM mall does absolutely ntohing for me. In fact im usually horrified by them. The darker skinned pretty girls that rock doesn't like usually wind up rocking my world personality wise.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MrBlueLight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 am

Everyone's taste is different, but some tastes is better than others. Attracted to model type sure beats being attracted to girls that local men don't want. In the Philippines, that means the light skin slender type is better than the short dark skin type.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:28 am

MrBlueLight wrote:Everyone's taste is different, but some tastes is better than others. Attracted to model type sure beats being attracted to girls that local men don't want. In the Philippines, that means the light skin slender type is better than the short dark skin type.


It's a subjective thing, taste. A lot of Filipino guys (and white and other ethnicity guys) go for the model type, but often the model type is all skin & bones with no butt, slender legs, no thighs, very little curves... sure she may have a very pretty face, flawless skin, nice hair... but when it comes to raw sexual attraction, passion, lust, you need more then just a pretty face, you need a body to match! In the little town my wife hails from, there are many very pretty local girls who belong to local ethnic groups. They tend to be darker, shorter and curvier then your average Manila girl. Cute faces, too, and nice features. None of them will ever be on a runway but they're still hot. I find this type more sexually appealing then the tall, skinny model type. Does that mean I have bad taste? There's just a difference between the type of a girl a gay guy would pick to show off fashion outfits and the type of girl you'd wanna f**k until she screams.

I honestly don't care anymore about big breasts, which used to have tremendous appeal to me as a teenager. My focus has shifted to nice asses, curvy figures and perky, firm tits. I like thick legs, prominent hips and a nice ass, underneath a flat belly. A cute face, too. I know my type, and my type is easier to get then yours. At the same time, I acknowledge that it can be hard to find very curvy girls in the Philippines, but they definitely exist and just a little bit of curves can last a long way for me. It's just that if I see a girl without an ass, who doesn't fill out a tight pants AT ALL, I just can't see the appeal sexually.

White and black men are quite different in a number of ways from Filipino men, or other Asian men. One of the differences is a difference in taste, although there's still plenty of Filipino men who have a taste that deviates from the norm. I've known a Filipino man, for example, who was crazy about African girls, especially Kenyans. He said they had the softest skin he ever felt and they drove him crazy. Doesn't mean he wouldn't still bone Megan Young if he had the chance. ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MrBlueLight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:15 pm

The locals have seen and been around those girls all their lives. You would think they are better at differentiating the beauties from the chaff than some FOB foreigner. Call it an ego boost, but I would like to be with girls that other guys also desire, and not some local rejects.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:25 pm

MrBlueLight wrote:The locals have seen and been around those girls all their lives. You would think they are better at differentiating the beauties from the chaff than some FOB foreigner. Call it an ego boost, but I would like to be with girls that other guys also desire


Maybe you need that ego boost, I personally don't. Then again, I settled down and married and you're still roaming around. My hunting days are over, yours aren't, that's the difference. Either way, I pick(ed) my women based on how they appeal to me, personally. I have a type, and like some other guys, it's a specific type. Whether or not the local guys want what I want, is irrelevant to me as long as I want it.

MrBlueLight wrote:and not some local rejects.


As for "local rejects", you may refer to bar girls there. They are rejects for the most part, damaged goods, all of 'em. Some plain Jane from the middle of nowhere isn't a reject, and if no foreigner would have come along she would have married a local guy sooner or later. My wife is too short and plump to be a model and never had legions of guys chasing her, but that does not mean she's a reject. She still turns heads when she's wearing yoga pants. :wink:

I think it's silly to let your taste be dictated by what the local male population likes. Of course you are an Asian man, so that may explain things. Asian men often have a different standard of "hot" (as opposed to classical beauties) then White, Black or Latino men do. Different folks, different strokes, no shame it that. But it shouldn't be a reason to put down other men for having a different taste. One isn't better, or worse, then the other.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:34 am

We are in subic bay now. Here are some photos I posted on Facebook of Dianne and angelo and my parents with us at a resort with a nice pool.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757?view=permalink&id=10152809555207758
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:42 am

Winston wrote:We are in subic bay now. Here are some photos I posted on Facebook of Dianne and angelo and my parents with us at a resort with a nice pool.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757?view=permalink&id=10152809555207758


Livin' La Vida Loca, man! Good for you. :D
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am

have your parents ever been to a poor country before philippines? How did they feel visiting?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:17 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:have your parents ever been to a poor country before philippines? How did they feel visiting?


Well sort of. Taiwan was poor in their childhood and their families were poor too. They went to Thailand before but that was on a tour. They feel the same way you all do about Philippines, that it's relaxed and cheap but inefficient and has bad infrastructure.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest