Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: I'm back in the Philippines... Wow!

Postby MrBlueLight » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:The locals have seen and been around those girls all their lives. You would think they are better at differentiating the beauties from the chaff than some FOB foreigner. Call it an ego boost, but I would like to be with girls that other guys also desire

Maybe you need that ego boost, I personally don't. Then again, I settled down and married and you're still roaming around. My hunting days are over, yours aren't, that's the difference. Either way, I pick(ed) my women based on how they appeal to me, personally. I have a type, and like some other guys, it's a specific type. Whether or not the local guys want what I want, is irrelevant to me as long as I want it.

MrBlueLight wrote:and not some local rejects.

As for "local rejects", you may refer to bar girls there. They are rejects for the most part, damaged goods, all of 'em. Some plain Jane from the middle of nowhere isn't a reject, and if no foreigner would have come along she would have married a local guy sooner or later. My wife is too short and plump to be a model and never had legions of guys chasing her, but that does not mean she's a reject. She still turns heads when she's wearing yoga pants. :wink:

I think it's silly to let your taste be dictated by what the local male population likes. Of course you are an Asian man, so that may explain things. Asian men often have a different standard of "hot" (as opposed to classical beauties) then White, Black or Latino men do. Different folks, different strokes, no shame it that. But it shouldn't be a reason to put down other men for having a different taste. One isn't better, or worse, then the other.

Not so much as in affected by what local men's taste, more as in "I want to date the kind of girls that I see on TVs, movies, and billboards", the kind of women who have very high local value.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Mr.Bluelight,

Which leads me to confusion? You claim you are getting the type of girls that you see on TV but the longer you stay in the Philippines it's getting to the point where you hitting a plateau. You met almost all the girls through online and claim these are the model types but also the lower hanging fruit types as others like to use . I mean in order to break through your plateau you would have to meet girls in other ways besides online. Either your very generous in the way you rate the girls or lets use TV standards your rating base upon the lower qualities even by TV standards.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Banano » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:18 pm

I was just browsing through filipinocupid and couldnt beleive my eyes, 80% are dog ugly and Im not joking fellas, quality of girls is worse than on indonesiancupid site which has much more decent looking girls

Filipinas must be the least attractive girls in Asia and in the world, no wonder they are the easiest.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Banano wrote:I was just browsing through filipinocupid and couldnt beleive my eyes, 80% are dog ugly and Im not joking fellas, quality of girls is worse than on indonesiancupid site which has much more decent looking girls

Filipinas must be the least attractive girls in Asia and in the world, no wonder they are the easiest.

yes i did notice indonesian women were hotter on average. HOWEVER there is far less of them so i concluded that there is more competition (cause i saw more foreigners too on indonesia section) and also i concluded that the ones on indonesia tend to speak english which means they tend to be educated and more hotter. Poorer girls tend to be uglier so it would make sense youd see more ugliers on philippines ones on average since there is a lot m ore of them online and even a squatter girl can know english. Philippines is for quantity indonesia has more competition and higher class girls like all hte rest of the south eastern country girls online.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby hammanta » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 pm

MrBlueLight wrote:The locals have seen and been around those girls all their lives. You would think they are better at differentiating the beauties from the chaff than some FOB foreigner. Call it an ego boost, but I would like to be with girls that other guys also desire, and not some local rejects.

By "local" you are referring to good looking, at least middle class, well educated Pinoys, right? Cause I mean come on, the average filipino isn't getting any model material girls. That's like saying the average American can get model material or even good looking girls. Just walk around the mall, the bus, some local bars, schools or the street and see what the average local is getting. Nothing better then what most foreigners could get. That's cause average looking is abundant and most guys and girls are simply average in the country.

I have plenty of very average looking friends with pinoy boyfriends that are middle class and decent looking young guys. One friend is a 30 year old accountant who gets asked out all the time by pinoy guys. I don't find her attractive at all yet some of the locals obviously do.

If you want the girls that the above average (looks,status) pinoys are getting you gotta find a way to get into the crowd. For most this is a hard thing to do.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:32 pm

hammanta wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:The locals have seen and been around those girls all their lives. You would think they are better at differentiating the beauties from the chaff than some FOB foreigner. Call it an ego boost, but I would like to be with girls that other guys also desire, and not some local rejects.

By "local" you are referring to good looking, at least middle class, well educated Pinoys, right? Cause I mean come on, the average filipino isn't getting any model material girls. That's like saying the average American can get model material or even good looking girls. Just walk around the mall, the bus, some local bars, schools or the street and see what the average local is getting. Nothing better then what most foreigners could get. That's cause average looking is abundant and most guys and girls are simply average in the country.

I have plenty of very average looking friends with pinoy boyfriends that are middle class and decent looking young guys. One friend is a 30 year old accountant who gets asked out all the time by pinoy guys. I don't find her attractive at all yet some of the locals obviously do.

If you want the girls that the above average (looks,status) pinoys are getting you gotta find a way to get into the crowd. For most this is a hard thing to do.

Well, there are plenty of bad boys that get hot girls in the Philippines too. It's disturbing because it resembles how it works in the U.S. The difference in the third-world is that providers get access to women also and not only bad boys. But make no mistakes - there are lots of bad boys in the Philippines, and they reproduce a LOT. Older Filipino men don't seem this way. My ex-gf's father was a good man, but her brother was a pretty-boy bad boy type. And he got to knock up an attractive girl, then they broke up and he just chased girls whenever he wanted. The Philippines gets a lot of dark triad and unintelligent traits continually reproduced into its gene pool.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby WorldTraveler » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:08 am

Ghost wrote:
hammanta wrote:

Well, there are plenty of bad boys that get hot girls in the Philippines too. It's disturbing because it resembles how it works in the U.S. The difference in the third-world is that providers get access to women also and not only bad boys. But make no mistakes - there are lots of bad boys in the Philippines, and they reproduce a LOT. Older Filipino men don't seem this way. My ex-gf's father was a good man, but her brother was a pretty-boy bad boy type. And he got to knock up an attractive girl, then they broke up and he just chased girls whenever he wanted. The Philippines gets a lot of dark triad and unintelligent traits continually reproduced into its gene pool.

I've found some security guards are real pricks. They carry a gun and think they can approach your girl. Some trike drivers are players too. Overall there are a lot of loser Filipino men!
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm

WorldTraveler wrote:
Ghost wrote:
hammanta wrote:

I've found some security guards are real pricks. They carry a gun and think they can approach your girl. Some trike drivers are players too. Overall there are a lot of loser Filipino men!

I've never seen that before, but wouldn't surprise me. My girlfriend was not considered very attractive to the locals, so that's probably why I never saw it. I just couldn't ever see any sane man staying sane in the Philippines for long. It's a true third-world country. If I ever married a Filipina (not bloody likely) I wouldn't keep her there...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 pm

the only reason why guys on this forum keep their wives in philippines or after a brief time in america bring them back there is cause they are worried about their wives leaving them. Its that simple. No sane man would want to live there month after month.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Banano » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 am

hammanta wrote:

Dont forget Indonesia has 250 mil people vs PH 99 mil, 2.5 x more girls
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:47 am

Banano wrote:
hammanta wrote:

Dont forget Indonesia has 250 mil people vs PH 99 mil, 2.5 x more girls

Yes but indonesia has a lot of long term hippy backpackers teaching english and MOST indonesian women are off limits due to being anti-western and/or muslim. look at the dating site and compare and its more favorable for philippines than indonesia in man to woman ratio and the sheer volume of women in a comparible city.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Update: Wow last night was so romantic! I felt like a teenager again!

Actually, this is an update from last week that I posted to my private Facebook group but never got around to posting here since its a lot easier to upload pics to Facebook from my mobile phone. Oh well, better late than never. Here is the update:

Wow the other night was so romantic and amazing! I felt like I was dreaming! I met this waitress who was so naturally pretty without makeup. We talked and danced and kissed and cuddled for hours. About 5 hours I think until 2am. Yet I never noticed any time passing by. She was so affectionate and sincere and caring to me. I felt like a teenager again. The five romantic hours only cost me about 12 dollars total for both our drinks! Wow. I haven't had such a romantic evening for years or felt a good connection like that. It was like a dream! She's very sexy and pretty too! See pics below. As you can see, she looks very genuine, natural, tranquil and down-to-earth.

Pics posted to Facebook here: (you will have to join the group to see them)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2/permalink/764106353642462/
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Another update from last week:

Hot Chinese girls me and Rock met in Manila!

Wow check out these hot Chinese girls from China that me and Rock met in Manila this weekend at a Spanish historic area called Intramuros. Rock helped me communicate with them and they were impressed by his fluency in Mandarin. They were so open and friendly and easy to talk to. And they were well off too since they had iPhone 6 which costs over a thousand dollars. So I was shocked at how open and engaging they were. Wow. Here are photos of us below. We invited them out later at night too. Note: Rock doesn't want his photos public so you wont see the ones with him in it.

Pics posted to Facebook here: (you will have to join the group to see them)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2/permalink/767680059951758/

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Update after Valentine's Day:

Happy Valentine's day everyone! The amazing thing is that THREE different girls wanted me to spend time with them on Valentine's day. I only managed to make time for two of them though. But in Taiwan and America, the number of girls that want to see me on Valentine's day is 0.000000. What a huge difference. So you see, it is not true that people are the same everywhere as the politically correct say, and as Paul McCartney sang in that song "Ebony and Ivory" lol.

Pics of my Valentine's Day:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2/permalink/769762013076896/

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jester » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:44 am

Glad youre having a good time, Winston

Youre DUE.

BTW many of us are not on FB, so please post an actual pic or two when you can.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories