ATTENTION: The Forum will be upgraded today to phpbb 3.2 and may be down for a few hours. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why does Astrology work and reveal patterns above chance?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why does Astrology work and reveal patterns above chance

Postby Winston » June 12th, 2017, 9:55 am

What are all you guys astrology sign? Both west and east? I'm a pisces and ox.

How come most western males nowadays dismiss astrology without ever studying it? How do they know its totally false if they know nothing about it? Thats illogical and arrogant. If astrology wasnt real then billionaires and elites would not use it. But they do. Elites are much smarter and more knowledgeable than average people so we can conclude that if they use something then there must be something to it. Also ive noticed the patterns in astrology are true in the people I observe, including myself. its certainly not random. Right?

I also tell modern men that the french statiscian michel gauquelin spent his whole life providing scientific proof of astrology that defies chance. But they still dismiss it. The modern male mind thinks atheism and dismissing astrology is the height of new rationality. Most western men i know are like that.

A typical example is bill maher, the comedian. He represents the typical modern western male who believes religion is all bunk and that its a fact as evident as 2+2=4. He is very anti religion and atheist and even though his ass has been kicked in debate many times on TV, he still holds to his same beliefs. Atheism is like a religion nowadays.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » June 12th, 2017, 9:57 am

Great documentary about astrology, narrated by Christopher Lee, star of hammer horror films, who played dracula many times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5I3Q8axgE

Description:

The Truth About Astrology - Full Documentary

In our modern age of science and rationality, the mere mention of astrology is enough to evoke a broad range of reactions across the spectrum of society. For many people, the term astrologer summons to mind images of hippies, new-age witches, so-called psychics or a variety of other charlatans and frauds. On the other hand, kings and emperors throughout history have used their secret knowledge of astrology to their own great benefit.

To this day, politicians and judges, world-famous celebrities, powerful businessmen, and financiers from New York and the City of London to Moscow and Hong Kong, still use astrology to guide them when they make important decisions. So what is astrology all about, and how can this ancient science be put to use to help you? Read on to discover the answers to these and other questions.

First let's tackle some common myths and misconceptions about astrology.

- Astrology is not magic.

This bears repeating: astrology is not magic. The science underlying the practice of astrology is based on thousands of years of empirical research, and as with all good science, our understanding of astrology continues to evolve and improve as we do. Just as alchemy paved the way for the development of modern science and the widely-respected scientific method, so too will astrology lead the way to a greater understanding of the energies that permeate the Universe and how their ebb and flow can affect terrestrial life.

- Astrology is not a new-age fad.

We've all seen the signs for those shady tarot and palm-reading shops, and if you've traveled through Europe (especially Eastern Europe) then you've probably encountered various gypsies and other ne'er-do-wells hocking their fortune telling and astrology services, often at exorbitant prices. Unfortunately, most of these people are charlatans and frauds; some of them are well-intentioned but delusional about their own capabilities, and occasionally you may find a genuine astrologer out there, but the vast majority of such individuals are nothing more than snake-oil salesmen (or women, as the case often is) and they know it.

Real astrology is an ancient science practiced by respected individuals throughout history, including right up to the modern day. You won't find real astrologers hocking their services with exaggerated claims, false promises, or gimmicky promotions, because they simply don't need to. And although some legitimate astrologers do sell crystals, essential oils and other natural products, you wouldn't find most of us within a mile of a New Age shop. Many of us are doctors, lawyers, teachers or professionals in other fields, and astrology is just another aspect of our lives.

- Astrology is not based on superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

Much of the confusion surrounding whether astrology is or is not a legitimate science stems from the fact that astrologers have historically made great use of symbolism and allegory to communicate their understanding of how the position of the stars impacts terrestrial life.

Modern astrologers still use much of the same terminology and symbolism simply because modern science has yet to catch up with astrology. We are only now starting to study and understand the impact of things like mass coronal ejections from the sun and how they impact life here on Earth; it's no surprise that we haven't even begun to understand how the electromagnetic waves and radioactive energies of other stars may impact life here.

- Astrology is not easy.

This is a bit of a double-edged statement. On the one hand, the principles that underlie the practice of astrology are quite simple and easy to grasp; but on the other hand, just take a look at the nighttime sky next time you're away from the city! To get the most accurate readings from any astrological chart, there are usually two or three dozen different aspects and relationships to look at and take into consideration, and this is what makes astrology complex and difficult, especially if you want the most accurate and detailed results.

Remember those kings and emperors I mentioned, as well as the politicians, celebrities and market-shaping financiers around the world? Well, part of why they are able to use astrology to their own benefit is because they can afford to pay for the services of skilled astrologers. When a powerful businessman in India wants to find a good date for his company merger, the astrologer he hires may take anywhere from several days to several weeks to select the most opportune time. Good astrology takes time and effort, because there are many planets, stars and celestial bodies, as well as their positions and relationships to one another, which must be considered.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby IraqVet2003 » June 12th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Winston wrote:What are all you guys astrology sign? Both west and east? I'm a pisces and ox.

How come most western males nowadays dismiss astrology without ever studying it? How do they know its totally false if they know nothing about it? Thats illogical and arrogant. If astrology wasnt real then billionaires and elites would not use it. But they do. Elites are much smarter and more knowledgeable than average people so we can conclude that if they use something then there must be something to it. Also ive noticed the patterns in astrology are true in the people I observe, including myself. its certainly not random. Right?

I also tell modern men that the french statiscian michel gauquelin spent his whole life providing scientific proof of astrology that defies chance. But they still dismiss it. The modern male mind thinks atheism and dismissing astrology is the height of new rationality. Most western men i know are like that.

A typical example is bill maher, the comedian. He represents the typical modern western male who believes religion is all bunk and that its a fact as evident as 2+2=4. He is very anti religion and atheist and even though his ass has been kicked in debate many times on TV, he still holds to his same beliefs. Atheism is like a religion nowadays.

Winston, I was born on January 25, 1973 (on a Thursday). Therefore my astrological or birthday sign is that of Aquarius (the water bearer). As for the Eastern or Chinese zodiac, I was born in the year of the Ox.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Postby Eric » June 13th, 2017, 5:12 am

I'm a Leo and a Tiger.
Rawrrrrrrr.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Postby Ralph in Miami » September 3rd, 2017, 5:11 am

I follow Vedic Astrology. The degrees in the sky are off by 23 degrees in Western Astrology and that makes a huge difference in one's reading/ rising sign. Getting into Brihat Para Hora Shastra. Heavy reading but has really helped me get to know myself. Astrology in my opinion is the Holy Science. Don't subscibe to any faith but the little I know of Hinduism this seems to make the most sense.
Ralph in Miami
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal