Body of 'dead alien' is found in frozen wastes of Siberia

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Body of 'dead alien' is found in frozen wastes of Siberia

Post by Mr S »

Bizzarre, seems like a weird place for a hoax and the body if fake is a pretty detailed one...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... earth.html
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Daily Mail is a tabloid in the UK.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

no it's not, not in the classic sense. it's one of the most respected papers in england. that isn't saying much, papers in england pander to idiots with soap-opera style headlines about football drama. i think the http://www.guardian.co.uk/ is one of the last with any credibility
Last edited by odbo on April 21st, 2011, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

No it's not. That's a fake pic you posted making fun of it. It mixes various news stories together from different genres, some are stupid like the celebrity stuff but is generally seen as a right-leaning news source. The left hates it so they tend to make fun of it's more conservative approach to British society. That's why you see that pic you posted over emphasizing stories they tend to cover about the problems of the society.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

LinuxOnly wrote:no it's not, not in the classic sense. it's one of the most respected papers in england. that isn't saying much, papers in england pander to idiots with soap-opera style headlines about football drama.
Ha ha, the power of two minds that think alike!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mr S wrote:No it's not. That's a fake pic you posted making fun of it.
Momopi doesn't like anything having to do with the paranormal. He does his best to make fun of anything having to do with aliens, ufos, life after death or ghosts. Even if there is evidence, he likes to ridicule the evidence (just ask Winston about this, when Winston put forth evidence from scientists that the human soul survives death).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I still have the same problem with this as the last UFO thread. There are only two possibilities? Real alien or hoax?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I have an open mind about this, but I can't tell much from the YouTube video because the picture quality isn't so great, which could hide many defects. Maybe if I saw it in HD, I could form an opinion.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

LinuxOnly wrote:no it's not, not in the classic sense. it's one of the most respected papers in England. that isn't saying much, papers in england pander to idiots with soap-opera style headlines about football drama. i think the http://www.guardian.co.uk/ is one of the last with any credibility
The classic definition of a tabloid is a newspaper with compact page size, smaller than broadsheet. The modern definition is associated with tabloid journalism, in which the articles emphasize sensationalized gossip. If anyone disagree, feel free to look it up in the dictionary, then browse the Daily Mail's web site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

jamesbond wrote: Momopi doesn't like anything having to do with the paranormal. He does his best to make fun of anything having to do with aliens, ufos, life after death or ghosts. Even if there is evidence, he likes to ridicule the evidence (just ask Winston about this, when Winston put forth evidence from scientists that the human soul survives death).
Statistically speaking, the probability of other life in our Milky Way Galaxy (50-100 billion planets) is pretty good. However, I don't subscribe to the fantasy of creating aliens (or gods) in our own image. If you're conspiracy minded, you might enjoy Babylon 5 Season 2 episode The Fall of Night. The term "alien" itself is Earth-centric, to life on another planet, we'd be the aliens. May I suggest a game of Spore?