Hip-Hop culture (dumbing down society)

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Terrence wrote:I think it's the sound and the image. A lot of rap has cool beats, regardless of what they are saying. Most Asians who listen to it have no idea what they are saying anyway.

Few remember, or never knew, back in the early and mid 80's, rap was not popular and it was about something. Before all the fake personalities, the only "bad" thing might be that many of the early artists really did come from the streets or bad backgrounds and they rapped about their experiences. There were also those who stood on real issues and had something serious to say. When it became popular enough that Warner Music and Sony felt they needed rap or "urban" labels, this serious stuff got replaced with what they thought would sell more.

Watch the movie CB4. It is a stupid comedy, but does a great job of making fun of how gangsta rap was started by a bunch of middle class "actors" who probably never fired a gun in their life, and that's how it really was. Go find what Dr. Dre or Easy E were doing before they became hardcore gangsters. They caught on to something that would sell and milked it for all it was worth.
Yea, a lot of the old school rap was fun and cool, music with a message. In my gym (in Taiwan) they sometimes play "Rappers Delight" and even "Christmas Rappin" (one of my favorites) or "The Breaks" when they do oldies. Rap music and hip-hop have degraded into something worse than hard rock. Seems like destructive and evil messages catch on and spread way too easily, kinda like a cancer. I still like some of the fairly current R&B though, mainly by female performers.

Old school soul so rich and touches the emotions deep. One thing I really like about "Amateur Night at the Apollo" is that before they start the competitions, the hosts do a lot of reminiscing and play and dance to a lot of that wonderful stuff from decades past, at least the few times I've attended anyway.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:The question that comes to mind is this, though: why do people like it and buy into it so much? What is it about the ghetto culture that appeals to the masses? No one is force feeding it to them. Something about being bad and dumb and childish seems to be so attractive that most people like it. Especially teenagers. Why do so many black people like it and get into it?
Its attractive and seductive, kinda like drugs. Young people are easily sucked into the wrong things, things that seem cool, tough, non-conformist, etc.

The black stars in these vids move smooth, look cool, and act credibly macho and tough. Can't you put yourself into the shoes of a young kid and understand its attraction? Its the opposite of being square and nerdy.

Its not just black kids who get into it. Its just that American blacks played a pioneering role. Basically, the hood and thug life have been glorified by the global media machine. A lot of white kids try hard to copy the style, some pretty credibly. And its been exported and caught on all over as well. It seems more natural with some cultures than others. For example, Japanese kids that mimic hip-hop fashions, dancing, and styles often look pretty ridiculous, at lest to me. But I've seen some pretty cool hip-hop vids from Lebanon and even Russia.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Black America Is Finished!

Post by odbo »

ErikHeaven wrote:Black males are DONE in this country
Hey Erik what do you think of Lenon Honor and his work?
(He's a former Star Trek geek so he's a little goofy).

Hip Hop, Hidden Hand, Degradation of Black Masculinity

download at http://lenonhonorfilms.com/lenonhonordo ... ylist.html
ErikHeaven wrote:Black males are DONE in this country and they are no threat to anybody but themselves.
I wholeheartedly agree on that statement. I just told some brother on Youtube today that Black America is finished. He is on that Black Power Bullshit and of course he disagreed with me. Dr Cornell West said:Blacks do not want freedom Blacks want to be successful". And i agree with him as well.
I see so many gay young males (I am not Homophobic by the way) or young males who are into fashion and sneakers and exotic hair styles its like the spirit of womanhood aka feminism is hard on Black American males here.
I tell them Black Power Cats all the time who is going to lead the revolution? Tyler Perry? That Negro got more followers than any Black Nationalist or Black Supremacist could ever find. Black America is finished the recession will kill off the rest and for the rest of us its just time enough to seriously prepare to leave America before she collapses.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Know what I mean?

Post by odbo »

odbo
Veteran Poster

hurry up and GET STUPID!

Post by odbo »

The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion wrote:Behold the alcoholized animals, bemused with drink, the right to an immoderate use of which comes along with freedom. It is not for us and ours to walk that road. The peoples of the goyim are bemused with alcoholic liquors; their youth has grown stupid on classicism and from early immorality, into which it has been inducted by our special agents -- by tutors, lackeys, governesses in the houses of the wealthy, by clerks and others, by our women in the places of dissipation frequented by the goyim.
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: Hip-Hop culture (dumbing down society)

Post by traveller »

Just found an article on hip hop/rap here. http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rap-i ... 454735436/