Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Is the world freer now than it ever was? Consider this...

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jester » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 am

The first country I thought of emigrating to, maybe 2 years ago, was Argentina. Because they took on the Brits in the Malvinas, had a crack air force, had national pride, had real culture, had Armenians, and had once developed an atomic bomb (like Brazil and others). It seemed to me that they wanted to be a real country, not a client state.

However I have to balance a lot of things. Where I can make a buck, where I can find a bride decades younger, or where I will be allowed to import such a bride without making an investment and without marrying legally. Very few places meet all 3 of those criteria. (And there are more criteria besides.)

I would love to be able to pick a winner of a country for my sons to live in - China is certainly an outstanding example. I agree with you that Asian countries and others should stand up for themselves. Imo Korea, then Taiwan, then Japan should all develop nukes and missiles, and drop the dollar. But my job is not to give them advice. (I'm not Ben Fulford!) My job is to marry one or more women, breed children, and raise them. So that comes first.

China is weak on this.
http://www.economist.com/node/18988496

And - even aside from one-child policy - I can't suddenly become Chinese. Assimilation there is virtually impossible.

"Dr. Mo" in Malaysia has stood up against usury, the NWO, and Israel. I admire him as I do Lee Kuan Yew. But Malaysia openly discriminates against Christians, Whites, Indians, and especially Chinese. Let's say I could live with that. OK. How do I move there? You have to have a pension and buy a house. I do not have a pension or cash. They are looking for someone other than me. Great nationalistic government, but no help to me.

You have to realize that a refugee - which is sort of what I am, leaving America - may not have the luxury of choosing the best-governed nation on earth. The refugee may have to go where they'll take him.

Heck, I would even consider Iran - great food, nice people, intelligent people, real country, lots of Armenians, no Rothschild bankers - but I'm not Moslem, and don't really want to go become a suspect minority abroad like I am here in the NWO's Amerika (as a Christian Believer). Frying pan into the fire. Makes more sense to go where majority is Catholic Christian, pro-male, etc. Plus it's illegal to go there, no US consulate, no ability to renounce US citizenship. Stuck in limbo forever. No.

Venezuela is not easy to get into. Sure I could bribe my way in, but where does that leave my sons and sisters and mother? Bribes for each? Meh. I want a country that I and my sons can each individually get into and live in and try out without being an investor and without being a retiree. Period. So my sons can follow me if they choose. And without having to be under 30 and without having to be an engineer and without having to have a corporate job. If a country only wants rich investors or retirees or corporate types, that is not the place for me. Also, I want some place easy to get into so that I can import a woman easily in case the local women there don't like much-older men etc.

None of the BRICs will work. I've ruled out obvious dependencies like Australia, NZ, etc. But I will have to compromise. There is no pro-patriarchal paradise happily taking in White Christians or Middle Eastern Christians, who are going to want to sell real estate or are going to start a small business on a shoestring. I want the right to work.

The closest thing I can think of to a non-colony that will let me in year-round, is Paraguay. You have to demonstrate a small bank account or some income, but it's flexible. Visa required, they are not into guys living there doing 90 day runs. Resisting NWO control, conservatives are fighting the new income tax. Guns, land, work all ok with temporary residency. I do plan to get a citizenship there. May live there if I can stand the heat and humidity.

Also Armenia - within the FSU, so not too much US influence. But hard to do business there. I really don't want to be locked into an internet ghetto for the rest of my life.

Costa Rica and Uruguay are gray areas, they're not puppets of US military, but they're not truly independent either. Costa Rican residency is not easy, but they let you have a bank account and run a business. And if your Filipina or Ukrainian gf has a baby there, you both get permanent residency. Without an investment or a pension.

Btw I saw your iconoclastic list of countries above. North Korea, Mozambique etc. Guess I had missed that before.

I HAVE heard Mozambique is a good place to go now, post-commie, not too many people, lots of resources.

I'll take a look at the countries on your list. But usually less developed countries take MORE money to go there. They need adventurers with money or technical skills or both. If you're an engineer some of these places might work for you.

But (in my case at least) I also have to be careful of safety for wives and children. Sierra Leone had a terrible civil war for example. This means that people who have done terrible atrocities are walking the streets. True, I haven't been there. But it doesn't sound like the place to bring a foreign woman.

So you'd pretty much have to show with skills and/or cash, and then date only local women.

BTw where are you and what do you do? Britain? What is your exit plan? You certainly know a lot about the world. Do you travel a lot?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby pitbul » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

Most of the ideal places are off limits for people like us. I said in one of my earlier posts that a lot of the good places will be disrupted, and destabilised by the u.s., therefore, it will not be easy for people like us to go there, and stay there. Malaysia has visa free access to westerners. There's also nothing about Malaysian human rights in the media. I know they did convict george bush of war crimes, but for the most part, they seem compliant to western multinationals. Argentina has taken a stand against the brits, which is good. I think an even more remarkable achievement they made was to overthrow general pinochet, the u.s backed dictator. This is also something that makes latin america attractive, because most of them have overthrown u.s backed dictators. I am british, and work at a laundromat. I don't have much of a plan, because I am limited in money. I've been to a few western countries, and their pupets. That is why I am warning you, or anyone else to skip them. Don't make the same mistake I did. China has a one child policy for mainland Chinese only. If you are foreign, from hong kong, or taiwan, then you can have as many kids as you want. Again, I do not advocate going to China, because they are already overcrowded, and there are a lot of western multinationals operating there now. There's actually alot of Armenians in Iran, and they are not as bad as the media makes them out to be. In fact, the west is constantly looking for problems with Iran. For this reason alone, Iran tends to be on its best behaviour. They don't even mess with the jews there. As far as I know, the Armenians in Iran have been able to assimilate. Russia is also another place with a lot of Armenians for obvious reasons. I think Putin is taking Russia in the right direction, even though the place has been poisoned with multinational cartels post gorbachev. Why do you want to assimilate to the country you're going to? Nothing is forever, and it's better to keep whatever good values you had from your country of origin, and just acquire whatever things seem practical from your host country. You know, one thing to keep in mind is, just because you move somewhere, doesn't mean you have to stay. I know it would be easier to stay put, but you have to try things out and see how it goes. Imagine wasting all your time, effort, and money to get citizenship in Paraguay, and then you actually live there, and discover it's not what they described it to be. I remember before I actually went to some places, I was given the wrong description of what it was like there. If you do a search on the internet about scandinavia, the place is described as a paradise. It's equal, liberal, free welfare for everyone, and every one is nice. But once you actually get there, you find out that it's not that equal, liberal. The welfare isn't there for the taking, and the people are less friendly than the u.s.. canada is another place that is described incorrectly. Many americans call them socialist, and liberal. Some american progandists even go as far as to saying canada has no crime. All of these are lies. If there was one way to describe canada, it would be 51st state, because it is more similar than not. Sure is it slightly more liberal, but it is nothing significant, and the bad outweigh the good. It sounds to me that you are looking for a patriarchal society, Christian, where you can have multiple young wives. How exactly do the corporations stand in your way then? The kind of society you are describing is usually associated with the far right, like uAE, saudi Arabia, qatar, and brunei. taiwan tolerates multiple wives, and is patriarchal, however it's not Christian. In hong kong, no one will ever question anything you do, as long as you're white. Japan is also male dominated, where men have multiple wives. Many of the central Asian countries have multi wives but are Muslim. How religious are you exactly? I am an atheist, so I never really look at religion when I am rating countries. Even though I am an atheist, I still feel respected in Iran. In fact, a lot of people in Iran aren't even very religious. They're supposed to be one of the more liberal Islamic countries. I heard Shia in general is more liberal than Suni. I can see why you were looking at thailand now. I don't think anyone there will care if you have multi wives. The german illegal immigrant was living there for 9 years before he got booted out for infecting 450 under age girls with aids. If he didn't do that, then I think he would still be living there illegally. A lot of atheist japanese actually retire to malaysia. I haven't heard anything about them being targeted, although malaysia does have tendencies to give malays first priority. I think it's very difficult to make a decision on a place without having lived there for a year.
pitbul
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

pitbul,
did they not teach you punctuation at school? I have only seen ONE other man type a wall of text like that and expect anyone to read it.

I can not read what you are writing and I am not about to reformat it myself.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:01 pm

pitbul wrote:
Sorry for my writing style. I don't have any fancy degrees from Harvard, Oxbridge, La Sorbonne, or the school of the americas. In the words of William Hung, I've never had any formal training.

It is not the style that makes it hard to read....it is that it is presented as wall of text....you do not need "formal training" to know that you need some spacing. Take a look at all the other posts here. Every single one will contain punctuation and paragraphs. To claim you need some formal training to properly space your ideas is just a tad foolish, don't you think? I mean, have you never read a book? A newspaper?

You say some interesting things...it will help you get your message to more people if they do not see a wall of text that they struggle to read. Just like I struggle to read such a wall of text...I have skipped your posts because they are too hard to read.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

I think one of the reasons for the popularity of conspiracy theories and doom and gloom dystopia predictions is our natural inclination toward the negative.

Why are people naturally inclined toward the negative?

Have you noticed that it's too easy to become fixated on the negative or become addicted to it and feed off it? Yet one has to work hard to stay positive? Why is that?

Why is human nature and our minds naturally fixated on sliding down into negativity? Why not the other way? Is there a reason for that?

Consider this: If you do 9 good things and 1 bad thing, people will remember the bad thing and forget the good things you did. That's human nature. Also, if someone spreads a negative lie about you, people will be quick to believe it, even without any evidence, as though they were eager to believe the worst about you. Why is that?

And of course, the news media feeds off our negativity. They constantly bombard us with the most negative stories that make us see the world in the most negative way - full of stress, conflict and tragedy - never showing us all the good decent people around us. The media always wants to portray everything in the worst possible light it seems.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby pitbul » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Winston wrote:I think one of the reasons for the popularity of conspiracy theories and doom and gloom dystopia predictions is our natural inclination toward the negative.

Why are people naturally inclined toward the negative?

Have you noticed that it's too easy to become fixated on the negative or become addicted to it and feed off it? Yet one has to work hard to stay positive? Why is that?

Why is human nature and our minds naturally fixated on sliding down into negativity? Why not the other way? Is there a reason for that?

Consider this: If you do 9 good things and 1 bad thing, people will remember the bad thing and forget the good things you did. That's human nature. Also, if someone spreads a negative lie about you, people will be quick to believe it, even without any evidence, as though they were eager to believe the worst about you. Why is that?

And of course, the news media feeds off our negativity. They constantly bombard us with the most negative stories that make us see the world in the most negative way - full of stress, conflict and tragedy - never showing us all the good decent people around us. The media always wants to portray everything in the worst possible light it seems.

The things fed to us by the western media is 90% false. If 90% of what they said was true, I wouldn't be so quick to gravitate towards conspiracy theories. Also, a conspiracy theory has to make sense in order for me to gravitate towards it. There are some conspiracy theories that aren't even worth looking at. A few of them include- 0bama is a muslim. 0bama was born in kenya. These are things that don't matter to me. I don't actually care if 0bama is a muslim, or born in kenya, because even if he was an atheist, and born in america, this does not mean he can't screw everyone over. In fact, there are plenty of american atheists who make life miserable for everyone else. However, things like the moon landing, 9/11, global warming, western medicine, gmo foods, cia drug trafficking, western backed terorism, are more interesting, make more sense, and matter more to me. For example, ronald regan declared war on drugs. So why is the cia smuggling drugs? The west is backing global warming, so why are people still driving gas guzzling cars instead of riding bikes? Why do westerners leave their ac and heat on all day when no one is home? Why are people getting more harm than good from western medicine? The reason why it sounds plausible that western pharmaceutical corporations are selling drugs that dont work is because it makes sense. A pharma corp selling medicine that will hurt you to make money sounds believable. The american regime doing 9/11 to attack other countries sounds believable. If you talk to people that are high up in the american society, you can sense from the things that they say that america is in fact trying to provoke others. I don't think 9/11 is that big of a conspiracy theory because the u.s regime admits to backing terorists like bin laden. The u.s regime also openly supports al qaeda members in Libya. I don't actually care about the moon landing, but the fact that the u.s regime is willing to lie about something so trivial only discredits them when they try to assert themselves on other issues. All these things builds a profile of a very deceptive regime that is out for blood, and money.
There are also loads of other conspiracy theories that I am not draw to at all. Here's a few that I hear fairly often. Blacks are lazy. Then I think to myself, black are lazy? So why is it that they were brought to america as slaves, while the white people were sitting around doing nothing. Even today, I see loads of white people sitting around doing nothing. Some of them sitting on loads of money, and they have no explaination where that money comes from. Some of the richest people make their money off of trading derivatives and credit default swaps. I don't really see how this is real work.
Then you have loads of europeans, and americans claiming that foreigners are entering their country for benefits. First off, it makes no sense why someone would go from a country into america to claim welfare. If I was going after welfare, I'd go to danmark, or sweden for that. But even if I was a freeloader, why would I want to spend all that time, and money to get to a country, and then claim welfare? Why don't I just either set up a "business"/scam in my own country? Or just go to america, and europe to set up a "business"/scam, instead of claiming welfare. I know there are lots of scammers who wil pick people up off the street, and then try to talk them into taking one of my "life coaching courses". Those are what real malicious scammers do. They don't spends thousands of dollars to get to a country, and claim welfare. Also, I am not going to go from my country, and learn english, or some european language, just so I can claim welfare in a western country. There are also loads of other scams you can pull. There are plenty of people scamming people, claiming that if you invest in their stocks, or company, they will give you double the money. Here's how the real scammers make money. They poison the milk supply of some Chinese enterprise, put all over the news that Chinese milk is tainted, and then export milk from your country into China. They make millions, and there is no need to claim welfare. But I guess the demagogues in washington, and london would rather we pay attention to muslims, and hispanics on welfare than address some "businessman" poisoning milk supplies.
A lot of americans claim that hispanics are in america to steal jobs, and claim benefits. Then I actually meet some hispanics, and they happen to be some of the nicest people I know. They are much nicer than the people who make the accusations that hispanics are in america to steal jobs, and welfare. Rich white people are sensationalised, and glamourised. Then you actually meet some of them, and realise they are some of the worst people you can ever meet. Same thing with blacks. A lot of people have so much hatred towards blacks. Then I actually meet some blacks, and they happen to be much nicer than the bigots who are doing the hating. There's lots of conspiracy theories out there saying that muslims are out to destroy the world, but if you look at the conspiracy a little more carefully, then it looks a lot more plausible that white christians are the ones doing most of the destruction. Most of the muslims I have met have been a lot more peaceful, and friendly than their critics.
Another conspiracy that I do not care about is sopa, and acta. This is another conspiracy theory that is being sensationalised. The west has never been democratic, so why are they bringing this up? Why now? Why start being democratic all of a sudden, and trying to make it look like we have a choice? If western regimes are going to censor the internet, and spy on the internet, they are not going to discuss it like civilised human beings, they're just going to do it covertly. However, they are trying to act like they are, by bringing out this discussion. They're talking about legalising spying, and censorship, but they've been doing this all along, whether it is legal or not. Laws do not apply to the thugs who run the regimes of usa, canada, australia, nz, european union. The whole discussion is dodgy.
Last edited by pitbul on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pitbul
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Winston wrote:I think one of the reasons for the popularity of conspiracy theories and doom and gloom dystopia predictions is our natural inclination toward the negative.

Why are people naturally inclined toward the negative?

Have you noticed that it's too easy to become fixated on the negative or become addicted to it and feed off it? Yet one has to work hard to stay positive? Why is that?

Why is human nature and our minds naturally fixated on sliding down into negativity? Why not the other way? Is there a reason for that?

Consider this: If you do 9 good things and 1 bad thing, people will remember the bad thing and forget the good things you did. That's human nature. Also, if someone spreads a negative lie about you, people will be quick to believe it, even without any evidence, as though they were eager to believe the worst about you. Why is that?

And of course, the news media feeds off our negativity. They constantly bombard us with the most negative stories that make us see the world in the most negative way - full of stress, conflict and tragedy - never showing us all the good decent people around us. The media always wants to portray everything in the worst possible light it seems.


"The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft inturred with their graves"...or something like that...from Sheakspeare.

And you do not actually have to DO anything wrong any more...just a woman making a FALSE ALLEGATION that she OPENLY ADMITS IS FALSE is enough.

Take my case. ALL my family and friends KNOW that Jennifer committed the crime of perjury in her affidavits to kick off hostilities in divorce. For those who have not read these court documents here they are. It seems I am the ONLY MAN IN THE WORLD prepared to publish family court documents LAWFULLY to show other men exactly what goes on in there.
http://www.crimesagainstfathers.com/aus ... fault.aspx

Her father, her son, her daughter, my father ALL KNOW that these documents contain PERJURY and that this is a CRIME.

No matter that they STILL say that my wife should not suffer any consequences of this PERJURY and that I SHOULD just SHUT UP and "take it like a man" that my children were kidnapped and abused. THAT is the message that your readers in the west should really get Winston....that even when a man is a GREAT father and husband and even when he PROVES that his wife is a criminal the MAN will STILL BE HATED ON.

So no.....you do not actually need to do anything bad in the west any more....a criminal false perjurous allegation from a woman is considered enough to criminally victimise you by VIRTUALLY EVERYONE!!
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Postby C.J. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Winston wrote:I think one of the reasons for the popularity of conspiracy theories and doom and gloom dystopia predictions is our natural inclination toward the negative.

Why are people naturally inclined toward the negative?

Because the negative you call it, IS REAL. It is embedded in the group consciousness.

Winston wrote:Have you noticed that it's too easy to become fixated on the negative or become addicted to it and feed off it? Yet one has to work hard to stay positive? Why is that?

Why is human nature and our minds naturally fixated on sliding down into negativity? Why not the other way? Is there a reason for that?

Hey Winston. If you have to work hard to stay positive, don't you think something is....missing? Because I don't have to do that. I think humans are naturally positive.

Winston wrote:Consider this: If you do 9 good things and 1 bad thing, people will remember the bad thing and forget the good things you did. That's human nature. Also, if someone spreads a negative lie about you, people will be quick to believe it, even without any evidence, as though they were eager to believe the worst about you. Why is that?

And of course, the news media feeds off our negativity. They constantly bombard us with the most negative stories that make us see the world in the most negative way - full of stress, conflict and tragedy - never showing us all the good decent people around us. The media always wants to portray everything in the worst possible light it seems.

About the make-believe lies... ONLY WESTERNERS have this problem. ONLY THEY are so quick to believe in these false lies. Because westerners are easily controlled by the mind tricks laid upon them by their elite masters.

I remembered sometime last night, someone spread a lie about me repeatedly. Even though there was NO EVIDENCE, this person KEPT repeating it, as if it were as true as the blue sky above my head! Just like a little robot bitch, programmed to utter one sentence forever at the push of the button. And what do you know, my brother, a stupid damned westerner, actually threatened to kill me with a weapon, because of a stupid lie that had no basis, that this robot bitch kept repeating! You know what's even funnier? I had NO previous history of committing any acts related to this false lie. I actually have a pretty strict moral code. My brother and I were also on pretty good terms.

I had to psychically control this fool, to cause enough pain for them to stop. As a result, their arm and leg muscles cramped up. This effectively stopped the bitch from repeating this lie, because they were doubled over in pain. Pain temporarily breaks the slave form mind control. I was so angry at this person though, I intended for them to have a heart attack...

In conclusion, WESTERNERS HAVE NO SOULS! Soulful humans actually analyze situations, and then make conclusions based upon their own history and common sense. They WOULD NOT blindly attack someone, especially a loved one, based upon one sentence that has no basis in reality! Zombies will just follow up on whatever external sources tell them. That indicates a lack of mental composure. Since the soul, the bio-organic informational vessel, is linked to the human mind and basically controls it, this means that THEY HAVE NO SOUL...It was probably taken away from them. Thus, the damned human HAS NO CONTROL OVER THEIR MIND! Even though they like to think they do.

That is all the evidence I need, to conclude that this world IS NOT FREER than it was a century ago, and IT WILL GET MUCH WORSE FROM HERE...
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Does anyone have an explanation for this part below?

Here's a case in point: For as long as I can remember, the news has been portraying America as having high unemployment and not enough jobs. It's an issue in every Presidential election campaign, and news programs always talk about it as if it's a major problem to worry about. However, if you look in the newspaper classifieds or your local job bulletin board, you will always see many job openings in the help wanted section, of all types. And every time I have gone down to the local employment temp agency, they'd have work for me. So WTF?

Even today, with everyone saying that there are no more good jobs left in America, still, you can open any help wanted section in the paper, and see plenty of job openings to apply for, of all types in every category. Even more, many websites on the internet list countless thousands of job openings in every country, including America, all the time everyday. So why is there this constant talk of rising unemployment and no jobs left? WTF? Am I missing something here? (confused look)
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby C.J. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Winston wrote:Even today, with everyone saying that there are no more good jobs left in America, still, you can open any help wanted section in the paper, and see plenty of job openings to apply for, of all types in every category. Even more, many websites on the internet list countless thousands of job openings in every country, including America, all the time everyday. So why is there this constant talk of rising unemployment and no jobs left? WTF? Am I missing something here? (confused look)

If a job has hundreds of people replying, that doesn't mean there are plenty of jobs to go around. Once you filter out the jobs that require previous work experience(for entry level positions? GTFO with that stuff!), jobs that replaced humans with machines, jobs that were thrown overseas to cut costs to nothing and jobs that are being stacked onto other jobs by existing employees(2 jobs' worth of work for one job's worth of pay), you got positions that are being filled as we speak.

Winston wrote:Here's a case in point: For as long as I can remember, the news has been portraying America as having high unemployment and not enough jobs. It's an issue in every Presidential election campaign, and news programs always talk about it as if it's a major problem to worry about. However, if you look in the newspaper classifieds or your local job bulletin board, you will always see many job openings in the help wanted section, of all types. And every time I have gone down to the local employment temp agency, they'd have work for me. So WTF?

Temp agencies are always scrap bowls as far as jobs are concerned. And in most cases, those are the ONLY jobs most males who aren't gay can get. The country is in bad shape when there are even temp agencies IN THE FIRST PLACE... Not only that, if a job is advertised, you can guarantee hundreds, if not thousands have already followed up on it! Does that really indicate a solid job market?
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:40 pm

C.J. wrote:Temp agencies are always scrap bowls as far as jobs are concerned. And in most cases, those are the ONLY jobs most males who aren't gay can get.


True.

And Winston - try leaving computer and web skills off your resume, THEN see how many jobs you get.

Techies may be a limited eception, but CJ's point is generally true. No jobs for masculine men.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm

C.J. wrote:Zombies will just follow up on whatever external sources tell them.


Well said.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Jester wrote:
C.J. wrote:Temp agencies are always scrap bowls as far as jobs are concerned. And in most cases, those are the ONLY jobs most males who aren't gay can get.


True.

And Winston - try leaving computer and web skills off your resume, THEN see how many jobs you get.

Techies may be a limited eception, but CJ's point is generally true. No jobs for masculine men.


Well most temp jobs suck, but a few are great. Most temp jobs are either menial office work, or manual labor. I got lucky and got an easy good paying temp job working for Owens Corning marketing their basement finishing product at trade shows. It was an easy job where I only worked three days a week (Fri - Sun) and made like $700 - $800 over the weekend.

Check it out on my resume:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Resume.htm

Marketing Team Leader Owens Corning (via Kelly Services) Seattle, WA region 2005 - 2006
· In charge of marketing promotional team for Owens Corning’s innovative basement finishing system at home trade shows around the Puget Sound area. Supervised teams of 2-3 per shift.
· Generated sales leads which consistently exceeded projected quotas, demonstrated products to prospective clients, answered questions, and explained features and benefits.
· Responsible for opening and closing of promotion booths, daily inventory, and promotion materials/brochures.


I got that position through a temp agency called Kelly Services. They liked me and promoted me to team leader, and wanted to hire me as a permanent employee. However, I didn't want to get stuck in Seattle. I was ready to go overseas at the time after I saved up money.

Years before that, I got an easy job selling cell phone for Cingular Wireless through Kelly Services as well. All I did 95 percent of the time was stand around all day and wait for people. As long as I sold one or two cell phone contracts per day, I would make like $11 or $15 an hour during an eight hour shift, which started from afternoon til evening, so I didn't even have to wake up early. It was totally stress free, and helped me save up for my trips to Russia. Here is that job on my resume:

Sales Representative Cingular Wireless Bellingham, WA 2002 - 2003
· Sold yearly contracts for Cingular cell phone plans. Assessed customer needs and made suggestions. Informed customers of available service plans, promotions, phone models/brands, technologies and features.
· Gained knowledge of major wireless phone providers such as Cingular, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, and Qwest, to educate consumers on them.
· Met sales quotas for most months. Provided help and trouble-shooting over the phone to customers that signed up for service. Educated and demonstrated cell phone operation and features for customers.


I would venture to guess that me being Asian, serious looking and articulate, helped me to get jobs in America because Asian men have a positive discrimination in that employers assume that they are smart and hard working, and feel good about entrusting them with work. Plus when they hear me talk and see that I am serious, down to earth, and easy going, it probably makes them feel comfortable about entrusting me with work. That's why a lot of employers like me right away for no reason other than me being myself and handing them an impressive resume.

CJ, I don't agree that temp agencies are a bad thing or a bad sign. They are a good way to get work without committing or falsely promising employers that you are going to be their permanent employee. This is good for drifters or people who don't want to be tied down by a job, but want to earn some cash. Plus, these agencies are a good middle man that can refer you to clients that you otherwise would never find. They've helped me a lot.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 pm

pitbul wrote: I think it's very difficult to make a decision on a place without having lived there for a year.

People always say this. Yet it seem to me a tautology. How can you live in a place for a while without deciding where to go? And with hundreds of countries, and tens of thousands of cities, how can you try them all? Got to do my research upfront. Choose a top three or whatever. Plus a lot easier if I choose a region. If I don't like Ensenada, esy to move to Lake Chapala, Mexico, or Antigua, Guatemala, or Ambergris Caye, Belize. If I don't like Asuncion, easy to move to Montevideo, Uruguay, or Mendoza, Argentina.

I appreciate the specific comments you posted about different places, read them carefully. I had eliminated a couple of places for lack of local bank account, but you got me thinking about them again. Malaysia and Japan specifically. Malaysia is making work visas easier, btw.

Your comments on China being okay to have kids were interesting too.

You're right about the right-wing thing. I have no problem with a monarchy like Brunei, Thailand, etc.

Places like Iran are fun to dream about, but won't work for those of us who need to make some bucks online and get paid or transfer funds via bank wire.

****
btw Pitbull I realize my posting here is quite self-centered. As a laundromat manager, you may not be thinking of making money on the internet as some are, so you may not be a worried like I am about bank account, which often requires residency.

If you plan to run a small local business or service to make a living, that should be a thread of its own on HA, worth all of us thinking about. Latin countries are said to be more open to this than many places. Most small business owners in Ensenada Mexico are said to be foreign, including Brits, Germans, Russians. Some of this in Phuket, too I think. And a lot of small-biz opportunity in Africa I think, in the boom areas.

Do you service the machines in your laundromat? Maybe a skill you could use overseas. Not everyplace has laundromats, but lots have washing machines that need fixing.

Probably best to serve the expat market when getting started. A reliable repair guy, who spoke English, was honest, and showed up on time, would get good word-of-mouth in many expat colonies.

Plus I suspect many European and Asian machinery vendors of all types, not just laundry, would want a local representative to service the machinery they sell, without having to open a local branch. (I used to be in the machinery distribution business, I know the mentality.)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Jester wrote:
C.J. wrote:Zombies will just follow up on whatever external sources tell them.


Well said.

And there are plenty of zombies in the west.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests