Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is the world freer now than it ever was? Consider this...

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby C.J. » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Winston wrote:CJ, I don't agree that temp agencies are a bad thing or a bad sign. They are a good way to get work without committing or falsely promising employers that you are going to be their permanent employee. This is good for drifters or people who don't want to be tied down by a job, but want to earn some cash. Plus, these agencies are a good middle man that can refer you to clients that you otherwise would never find. They've helped me a lot.

This is good for those who wish to enter the western work force, but can't seem to crack the entry-level barrier for some odd reason. Basically bargain bin employees.

Temp agencies weren't for me, because I didn't want to enter the western work force in the first place. It's a hive of hierarchies. I know the bullshit that pervades the western work force, and I didn't want any part of it any longer.

I don't think we need them though, if the western world got it act together, as far as the job market is concerned. Once the western world starting cooperating with everyone else, everybody and their pets could have jobs if they wanted.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:23 pm

C.J. wrote:
Winston wrote:CJ, I don't agree that temp agencies are a bad thing or a bad sign. They are a good way to get work without committing or falsely promising employers that you are going to be their permanent employee. This is good for drifters or people who don't want to be tied down by a job, but want to earn some cash. Plus, these agencies are a good middle man that can refer you to clients that you otherwise would never find. They've helped me a lot.

This is good for those who wish to enter the western work force, but can't seem to crack the entry-level barrier for some odd reason. Basically bargain bin employees.

Temp agencies weren't for me, because I didn't want to enter the western work force in the first place. It's a hive of hierarchies. I know the bullshit that pervades the western work force, and I didn't want any part of it any longer.

I don't think we need them though, if the western world got it act together, as far as the job market is concerned. Once the western world starting cooperating with everyone else, everybody and their pets could have jobs if they wanted.

You missed my point. Temp agencies are also for people who want to make some money but do not want to commit to a permanent job that ties them down. This is great for travelers and wanna be expats. Don't you see the value in that? You're assuming that everyone is looking for a permanent job that ties them down in one place like the US. Not so. Most of us here are not looking for that. Did you forget that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Winston wrote:Does anyone have an explanation for this part below?
Here's a case in point: For as long as I can remember, the news has been portraying America as having high unemployment and not enough jobs. It's an issue in every Presidential election campaign, and news programs always talk about it as if it's a major problem to worry about. However, if you look in the newspaper classifieds or your local job bulletin board, you will always see many job openings in the help wanted section, of all types. And every time I have gone down to the local employment temp agency, they'd have work for me. So WTF?
Even today, with everyone saying that there are no more good jobs left in America, still, you can open any help wanted section in the paper, and see plenty of job openings to apply for, of all types in every category. Even more, many websites on the internet list countless thousands of job openings in every country, including America, all the time everyday. So why is there this constant talk of rising unemployment and no jobs left? WTF? Am I missing something here? (confused look)

The unemployment rate is just another political football that gets kicked around. Say if the population in US was 250 million in 1990 vs. 300 million in 2010. If the unemployment rate remains constant at 10%, then a politician today can say "there are more Americans unemployed today than XX years ago" simply because the population has grown.

Since I'm in the IT field, I can only speak for temp positions in my area of experience. Here's a consulting agency with job listings for reference:
http://jobs.partnersconsulting.com/

Typical pay scale:
Technical Writer: $45/HR
QA Analyst: $55/HR
Project Manager: $70/HR

Typical contract period is 6-12 months with possible extensions or full-time hire. They prefer candidates with 5+ years of experience in the specific field, but if your experience/certification is current or very recent, less than 5 years is acceptable. If you're in IT and want to fill your resume with more acronyms, get an account on lynda.com and learn it yourself. I know a few contractors who'd work for 6-12 months, then take off to play before coming back to work on another contract.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:25 am

Wait a minute. Could the Illuminati exist after all?

After watching some disturbing but revealing films about the JFK assassination, such as:

- Evidence of Revision (10 hour documentary on YouTube)
- The Men Who Killed Kennedy (9 episode History Channel series, available on YouTube)
- Oliver Stone's JFK (1991)

It is very clear and obvious that during the cover up of the JFK assassination, various departments were involved, FBI, CIA, police department, military, secret service, etc. as well as the major media networks. How can that be? How can so many departments and agencies and major media all collaborate in a cover up? That's pretty disturbing when you think about it. Yet it definitely seems to be true.

How can the mainstream media constantly deny the existence of a conspiracy in the JFK assassination, and continually preach the lone nut fictional theory, when all evidence points to a conspiracy, which has been conclusively proven to a 100 percent certainty? Does the major media know that they are involved in fraud and cover up?

Now the question is, doesn't this indicate that every organization and department in America is infiltrated at the top by some kind of control network? If so, does this prove the existence of some Illuminati-like group that is in control of everything, at least in the Western world? If so, does this mean that the Illuminati, or some shadow organization like it, exists after all and is pulling the strings of seemingly separate organizations?

What do you think?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal