Winston to be published in academia! Opposing Viewpoints

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston to be published in academia! Opposing Viewpoints

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. I'm going to be published in an academic resource book called "Opposing Viewpoints: Paranormal Phenomena" to be used in libraries and colleges! This will be the first time I will be published in academia! Awesome huh?

This is the article of mine that they will publish in it. It has to do with arguments for the paranormal and against pseudoskepticism:
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page8.htm

Here is the letter I received from the publisher asking permission to reprint it in their new edition of "Opposing Viewpoints: Paranormal Phenomena". They sent me an edited version of it that they wish to use, but I didn't understand all the proofreading marks on it since I learned all that stuff a long time ago.
Dear Winston Wu,

Plans are now underway for the third volume of Opposing Viewpoints: Paranormal Phenomena (OVPPP-3) scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013. OVPPP-3, with 192 pages, will be published by Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, and a leading provider of high quality educational and reference materials to libraries. We are expecting to produce 4,000 hardcover copies of this reference work to sell at $41.69 each and 3,000 paperback copies to sell at $28.88 each.

Edited by Roman Espejo, Opposing Viewpoints is the leading source for libraries and classrooms in need of current-issue materials. The viewpoints are selected from a wide range of highly respected sources and publications. To help students more easily access the material, we title the articles, insert subheads, omit notes and references, and, if necessary, do some minor editing (for style, to clarify time references and names, etc.; any deletions-usually done because of our length requirements-are indicated with ellipses), and insert an editorial cartoon, graphic, or quotation from another source, which will be identified and set so as to be obviously from another source. We credit the original source on the first page of each article.

We seek your permission for non-exclusive, all-language use for print, digital, wireless and/or electronic format in the World market for this edition and for future and derivative works of OVPPP-3, and for incidental promotional pieces. Attached is a Permissions Agreement which identifies the material we wish to use.

Attached is a Permissions Agreement which identifies the material we wish to use. I have also included a scan of the article with the edits Cengage wishes to make. If these edits meet with your approval, please let me know so that Cengage may go forward with them.

Please indicate your approval by countersigning the Permissions Agreement and returning to me by fax or by mail. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at one of the numbers listed below. If you are not the copyright holder, please let me know to whom I should write for permission.

I look forward to hearing from you by the Press Date given above.

Kind regards,
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

I like reading these kind of things and being published in an academic magazine is a huge accomplishment.
I'm proud of you, and the existence of Happier Abroad. Keep up the good work.