Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Were the Apollo Moon Landings a hoax?

Yes. It is obvious from all the evidence, smoking guns, and the fact that they haven't been back to the moon.
45%
No. That's a crazy conspiracy theory that is implausible. Too many people would have had to be in on it.
38%
Unsure or undecided. I'm on the fence on this one.
17%

Total votes: 29
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Post by droid »

Winston wrote: You got things backward. Yes the moon has no atmosphere and space there is a vacuum. That's why the temperature is extreme. There's no convection air to cool the moon. How does that make the temperature any less real? I don't get you. Look here:
http://www.space.com/18175-moon-temperature.html

I'm sorry but 250 degrees F is exactly that, and very hot. How is 250 F not 250 F? WTF? It seems like your mind is desperately trying to deny the facts here. Weird.

The point is, that's an extremely high temperature. Not only did the suits not have any protection from that, but the Kodak film in the Hasselbad camera could not have survived it either. Kodak even admitted so, that their film cannot withstand such temperatures.

Any cooling system in the space suit would require lots of battery power, more than they had. Remember that the astronauts would stay on the moon surface for several days at a time. If you think that ice and cool liquid can last very long in 250 F, you are absolutely insane and crazy. Turn up your oven to 250 F and put some ice in it and see how long that ice lasts. Probably 2 o 3 seconds.

And besides how do you explain the extreme cold of minus 250 F in the shadows or at night on the moon? A heating system requires a lot of power, more than the power they had in their batteries.

The radiation issue is complicated. I provided links to it in my Conspiracy report above.
God you're very enlightened in some things but very ignorant in others man. It seems you're too invested in all this already (true believer) and need to lash out at those presenting opposing views.

It is precisely the lack of air convection that makes the moon's surface temperature not heat you up nearly as much. You can only get that heat transferred to you via infrared radiation, or through your tootsies. I already addressed that.
Also the spacesuits, being white, reflected 90% of incoming light/infrared.

On top of this, fine grained compounds have low heat conductivity, especially in a vacuum
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2013/pdf/2864.pdf
So the sand might be very hot but only thinly at the surface. You have to understand that something might be very hot, but the total energy stored may not be massive.

Turn up your oven to 250 F
^^
That's your problem right there. It's not the same thing at all.

Likewise for the "cold night" that you mention. There's no cold air trying to freeze you, get that around your head. If anything, the vacuum acts as a perfect insulating blanket so to speak. You only lose heat through thermal radiation. That's how a Thermos keeps a beverage hot or cold, it's got a vacuum around it.
Any cooling system in the space suit would require lots of battery power, more than they had. Remember that the astronauts would stay on the moon surface for several days at a time. If you think that ice and cool liquid can last very long in 250 F, you are absolutely insane and crazy.
No, the energy was spent by the module when making the ice, not the suit itself. It's not a compressor-based cooling system.

Edit: I further found the ice is not premade, but is rather formed when stored water is exposed to the outside vacuum, the drop in pressure cools it to ice, but then heat from the suit sublimates it to vapor.
I think it uses what's called the triple-point of water (i didn't know about this stuff)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_point

The sublimator would dissipate heat at a rate of 500w, according to my previous post link.But that doesn't mean it was the suit's battery energy being used.
Did they really spend "days at a time" on the surface without coming in back to the module??? Com'on.

One more thing is that the landings took place (if they did) during the lunar dawn. See the long shadows in the photographs (fake or not). So the temperature of the surface was most probably not even close to 250.
Do I have to explain i'ts not binary as in -250 OR +250?
Last edited by droid on June 10th, 2015, 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

How could such a delightful sophisticated piece of equipment be programmed so far off base ?

From my understanding the heat and cold swings on the moons surface created some serious problems for humanoids which you would not understand Droid. They obviously could not overcome all the obstacles in 8 years to get them back alive. Engineers wanted to have a look at all these glorious technologies NASA developed for this endeavor but some how the plans got lost.

The moon landings are a very carefully crafted con done to make us feel better after JFK got whacked and especially because our troops were going to be half way around the world tearing places such as Vietnam up for no good apparent reason.
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Moretorque wrote:How could such a delightful sophisticated piece of equipment be programmed so far off base ?
Thank you :oops: haha
Moretorque wrote:From my understanding the heat and cold swings on the moons surface created some serious problems for humanoids which you would not understand Droid.
But...but I'm a humanoid too :cry:
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

droid wrote:
Moretorque wrote:How could such a delightful sophisticated piece of equipment be programmed so far off base ?
Thank you :oops: haha
Moretorque wrote:From my understanding the heat and cold swings on the moons surface created some serious problems for humanoids which you would not understand Droid.
But...but I'm a humanoid too :cry:
Ok sorry, you have human flesh grown on the out skirts of your metal body. FEEL BETTER NOW! :P your only part human.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:
Winston wrote:Come on. Haven't you seen the Apollo moon footage? They jumped many times. But they never reached up more than one foot off the ground, which is no higher than in Earth gravity. Where do you get the idea that they purposely didn't want to jump high? That is a bizarre argument that no one else has made, cause it's nonsensical. Why are you trying to grasp at straws? Just admit the obvious.
I was only speculating. I don't see why this matters. Even if they hoaxed it, they could easily make the actor-nauts jump higher than a foot. So this doesn't prove anything.
The space suit weighed 180 pounds here on earth, and thus 30 pounds equivalent on the moon.
http://www.hightechscience.org/apollo_spacesuit.htm
How much could you jump with 180 pounds on you here on earth, Winston? perhaps a couple inches?
It thus makes sense that they could only jump about a foot high on the moon.

Not only that, but even if you're on the moon the suit still has the same mass (180lbs); you still have to overcome it's inertia to give it vertical speed.

This is only accounting for the weight, now add the lack of mobility and the risk of falling and damaging/puncturing the suit. Attempting high jumps would be ridiculous.
Last edited by droid on June 10th, 2015, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Can anybody explain Neil's behavior after being one of the most courageous men ever ?

Winston when you do these debates on fake history vs real history just try and stick with the facts, to much deviation from what is not point blank right and it opens the door for people to take shots.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

In Winston's own terms lol, I'm expecting either logical rebuttals to my last posts, or apologies.
But I'm not holding my breath lol
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I see basic stuff that does not add up at all, there is no proof outside of NASA they ever went and also if the credit monopoly is ever blown wide open and thrown off humanity you are going to realize everything they said and taught as truth was all pretty much lies over the last 100 years or more.

Everything from the way they filmed and shot the supposedly live event to the German Camera used on the moon does not add up at all and like I stated I talked to my cousin who met him in person and talked to Mr. Armstrong at length and he said he had nothing and I mean nothing to say about the glorious lunar event when confronted with the greatness of the journey on his birthday and at the time I did not realize what it meant but I do now, he never stepped foot on the moon!

There has never been truer words spoken than " allow me to issue the currency and I care who not makes the laws ".
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Anybody ever study the story behind the Hasselblad camera ? That alone sends up more major red flags. Why did the company not advertise the fact their cameras were used on the moon to generate way and I mean way more revenues and prestige ? because the camera engineers new the NASA modded Hasselblad camera was a fraud and the company did not want to take a chance on the whole promotion to make millions backfiring and blowing up in their faces.
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Never mess with a Droid. I will research it further, thanks.

What was Winston saying about having the Hubble point at the moon to show the equipment left but for some reason they would not do it ? The Hubble never focused on the moon and if it would have it could easily show the equipment correct ?
Time to Hide!