Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Were the Apollo Moon Landings a hoax?

Yes. It is obvious from all the evidence, smoking guns, and the fact that they haven't been back to the moon.
9
43%
No. That's a crazy conspiracy theory that is implausible. Too many people would have had to be in on it.
8
38%
Unsure or undecided. I'm on the fence on this one.
4
19%
 
Total votes : 21

Re: Re:

Postby Jester » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:56 pm

S_Parc wrote:
What's a bit suspicious was that federal agents scoured Grissom's home for all of his documents and writings, after the incident.



That info was new to me. Thanks for mentioning it.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand







Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Winston wrote:The most obvious reason the moon landing is obviously a hoax is because if it was real, then we would have moon bases and hotels and daily flights to there by now. Technology ALWAYS moves forward, it NEVER moves backward, at least in recorded history. There's no way in hell it could move backward that much especially. This is common sense.

Today NASA admits that it does not know how to safely get back to the moon. And President Obama has publicly said that "We don't need to go to the moon because we've already been there". WTF? What an insult to our intelligence! That's the dumbest statement any president can make. Did Europe say after Columbus, "We don't need to sail to the New World again, because we've already been there"? Obama is the stupidest liar ever.

Momopi believes in the Apollo moon landing. He keeps saying it will happen again, yet it never does. There's always some excuse. When will people like him realize that we've been hoaxed?



Good common sense, Winston.

+1
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tWYmIOWGk
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tWYmIOWGk[/youtube]

Sometimes art reveals truth.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Jester,
Did you see that scene from the James Bond movie "Diamonds Are Forever" where during a chase, James Bond crashes into a movie studio where they are filming a fake moon landing? If you watch the movie, that scene has no purpose or context in the story or plot of the film. It's just there for no reason. Very odd. So you have to wonder whether the director was whistleblowing the moon landing hoax. Here is that scene.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KmdhTNuaw[/youtube]

Btw, Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond novels, worked for British secret intelligence MI5.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Winston, thanks for posting the Moonraker excerpt.

Yes I had seen it, and was struck by the surreal oddity of it.

In the movie, Drax, the villain, is a combination of Howard Hughes and Werner von Braun, an evil genius who is the prime contractor building America's space shuttle. He seeks to use the space shuttle to wage war. Some resemblance to the truth, since the actual shuttle had classified military missions.

BTW, the sequence in the video you posted was not in the Ian Fleming novel. It was added by Christopher Wood, the screenwriter. The movie was released in 1979. So as early as the 1970's some people with Hollywood connections knew or suspected the truth.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Your welcome Jester. But that clip is not from "Moonraker". It's from the movie "Diamonds are Forever" with Sean Connery in 1971 I think. "Moonraker" is another Bond film with Roger Moore. I'm not sure which one Drax or the space shuttle is in, but I doubt it's in the former movie. It's probably in "Moonraker" right?

Has anyone figured out how that odd scene got into the movie? The story of it has nothing to do with the moon or missions to the moon, so why are they filming a fake moon scene?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Oops
:oops:
Can I delete my post above?
:oops:

Yes you're right of course

I guess I had watched and confused several Bond movies when they showed on my meager English-language TV channels here. Of course you are right, Drax is Moonraker.

Diamonds Are Forever was released in 1971... that is DURING the moon landings. They were still going on!! Hilarious!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 am

Winston wrote:The most obvious reason the moon landing is obviously a hoax is because if it was real, then we would have moon bases and hotels and daily flights to there by now. Technology ALWAYS moves forward, it NEVER moves backward, at least in recorded history. There's no way in hell it could move backward that much especially. This is common sense.


Technology can regress and can be lost. Civilizations do collapse and knowledge can be lost.

Today NASA admits that it does not know how to safely get back to the moon. And President Obama has publicly said that "We don't need to go to the moon because we've already been there". WTF? What an insult to our intelligence! That's the dumbest statement any president can make. Did Europe say after Columbus, "We don't need to sail to the New World again, because we've already been there"? Obama is the stupidest liar ever.


1. They don't exactly produce Saturn V rockets anymore, and they scrapped the Orion program. The U.S. clearly has declined sharply and does not care about exploring space anymore, with some exceptions. Which ties into losing technology over time.

2. Obama is an idiot.

Momopi believes in the Apollo moon landing. He keeps saying it will happen again, yet it never does. There's always some excuse. When will people like him realize that we've been hoaxed?


He is probably wrong about that...the U.S. has declined severely and clearly cannot do what it used to be capable of.

Another thing is that the Apollo astronauts were never able to jump more than a foot high on the moon, which is not more than they could have on Earth. Yet the moon is 1/6 earth gravity, so they should have been able to jump much higher, even if their space suits were heavy. Instead, they could not jump any higher on the moon than on the earth! That's another obvious giveaway of fraud. NASA cannot explain this, so it doesn't even try. It just runs away or ignores such questions.


Because jumping high on the moon might not be the best of ideas? I don't know, wearing sensitive equipment and being there for science instead of fun (although they had a little fun too) might preclude trying out high jumps and whatnot.

Also, NASA can't explain how the space suits and the camera offered any protection against the radiation and extreme heat on the daylight side of the moon. It can't, because the suits and camera didn't. So again, it ignores the question, because it cannot admit that it was a hoax or else all public trust in the US government and NASA would come tumbling down.


I don't know much about this. I know gold was used in certain items like the visors to shield from radiation. They did take precautions against radiation, but remember that these missions were short. Longer term missions probably would've encountered problems with radiation poisoning. That is a concern for extended missions and settlements in the future. There was definitely some luck involved in this too. I don't see how NASA has ignored it. Radiation shielding is an essential. Even if you don't believe the moon landings happened, NASA has certainly explained it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 am

fschmidt wrote:Okay, who is the other "No" vote? I am always on the lookout for sane people, since they are on the verge of extinction.


Looks like there are 4 no votes now. I'm one of the no votes. I wonder who the other two are.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Seeker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 am

Not a hoax.

I think the no votes are so low because most sane people would just see the thread title and correctly assume it's full of crazy.
Seeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Ghost wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Okay, who is the other "No" vote? I am always on the lookout for sane people, since they are on the verge of extinction.



Looks like there are 4 no votes now. I'm one of the no votes. I wonder who the other two are.



So maybe you and Franklin and the other two can go form a commune of people who want a Patriarchal society BUT still believe the stuff the MSM feeds you. "True Believers". Outcasts who still wanna belong.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby droid » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Winston wrote:Also, NASA can't explain how the space suits and the camera offered any protection against the radiation and extreme heat on the daylight side of the moon. It can't, because the suits and camera didn't. So again, it ignores the question, because it cannot admit that it was a hoax or else all public trust in the US government and NASA would come tumbling down.


There is no "extreme heat" on the moon during the day, as we know it in the earth. There is a vacuum, so it's not like you can measure a weather.
Things just get hit by sunlight and if they can't reflect enough or they can't give thermal radiation (infrared) back fast enough, the object gains temperature.

The theory is that to expel heat gained from the white suit's light absorption and the astronaut's body, the suits had an ice-based heat exchanger (sublimator).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Cooling_and_Ventilation_Garment

One concern would be regarding how much the ice would last, but the oxigen/air suplly is limited as well. So the astronaut has to come back to the vehicle eventually anyway.

My main point here though is all this is not the same as saying it's 250F* out there!
Same thing for the "cold" during the night.

As far as the radiation protection goes, it's funny, i didn't know it is accepted that this protection is "limited', and that the cooling water tubes are doing most of the protection, aside from the aluminum-mylar. Some designs are exploring using a full water envelope
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/John_Wilson36/publication/267944875_Spacesuit_Radiation_Shield_Design_Methods/links/54b927140cf2c27adc4917b6.pdf
Last edited by droid on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Sorry didn't follow your argument on radiation Droid.

Post the recent NASA admission about problem of radiation on Mars surface, then we'll talk about where there is more radioactivity -- Mars or Moon.

Re heat, yeah I get you, maybe sunlight heating on Moon brightside can be dealt with. What about your tootsies?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby droid » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 pm

I'm not arguing on the radiation, I'm trying to be impartial on this. I'm saying yes, it's funny they admit protection is only "limited"

As far as the tootsies, I think traditional-family Armstrong would be horrified by them
http://www.tootsies.net/uploaded/ripgal/O_1308580400Girls3.jpg

I read the shoes were insulated, and that the sandy surface is not very conductive itself.
As a comparison, it is "just" twice as hot as the sand on the beach
https://sites.google.com/a/hanalani.org/taylor-m-bri-f/research-paper
So I don't think it's a stretch to think that the special boots could handle it.

I'm still open about the whole thing.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Poll: Was the Moon Landing a Hoax?

Postby Jester » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 pm

droid wrote:
As far as the tootsies, I think traditional-family Armstrong would be horrified by them
http://www.tootsies.net/uploaded/ripgal/O_1308580400Girls3.jpg



:lol:

Thanks I needed the laugh today
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest