Economic crisis and military enlistment

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
ScarletRedLips
Freshman Poster

Economic crisis and military enlistment

Post by ScarletRedLips »

So we all know the USA has an all-volunteer army. And USA is pretty much the 'military' or 'muscle-man' for the elite (the ones who rule the world) to carry out whatever evil plans. That's why they need to control people in USA through numerous methods, and keep them stupid.

I had a thought that popped into my head and I can't find the answer anywhere.

Poor people often tend to join the army for convenience or out of desperation for their inability to find a job in a horrible economy.

Do you think the government manipulates the economy on purpose to make more people enlist?

Is there any relationship between level of volunteer-military enlistment or is the thought completely ridiculous?

Thanks for reading
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Economic crisis and military enlistment

Post by Cornfed »

ScarletRedLips wrote:Poor people often tend to join the army for convenience or out of desperation for their inability to find a job in a horrible economy.

Do you think the government manipulates the economy on purpose to make more people enlist?
In certain regions such as the Appalachians, sure, no question. Why should they not?
Is there any relationship between level of volunteer-military enlistment or is the thought completely ridiculous?
I seem to recall that the first time the US military filled its desired quota of suitable recruits since the Vietnam War was 2008. You would have to check that out if you are interested though.