Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Aron
Freshman Poster

Re: Could the Earth be FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe?

Post by Aron »

@Pinayhunter
Pinayhunter wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 12:57 pm
The Bible clearly describes a flat Earth. As a devout Christian, I’ll take the Bible’s word over some media shill’s any day. The globe model never made any sense to me anyway.

I’d urge everyone to check out Eric Dubay and Rob Skiba on YouTube if you haven’t already. Their videos reaffirmed everything I already knew. Globe proponents can’t put a dent in their arguments/proofs.
Welcome to the thread. Dubay's proofs have been debunked quite a bit here. Anyway, you have now revealed you are closed-minded, your beliefs are based on your obedience to authority and indoctrination, not your own independent thinking. Going against those beliefs is automatically bad according to your religion, thinking is a sin apparently according to Christians.

The earth is not a 6000 year old disk. Flat Earthers basically try to ignore all science just to make flat earth fit. It's obvious who's grasping for straws when you compare standard cosmology to flat earth. What evidence for flat earth really convinced you?
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

Aron wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:00 pm
@Pinayhunter
Pinayhunter wrote:
The Bible clearly describes a flat Earth. As a devout Christian, I’ll take the Bible’s word over some media shill’s any day. The globe model never made any sense to me anyway.

I’d urge everyone to check out Eric Dubay and Rob Skiba on YouTube if you haven’t already. Their videos reaffirmed everything I already knew. Globe proponents can’t put a dent in their arguments/proofs.
Welcome to the thread. Dubay's proofs have been debunked quite a bit here. Anyway, you have now revealed you are closed-minded, your beliefs are based on your obedience to authority and indoctrination, not your own independent thinking. Going against those beliefs is automatically bad according to your religion, thinking is a sin apparently according to Christians.

The earth is not a 6000 year old disk. Flat Earthers basically try to ignore all science just to make flat earth fit. It's obvious who's grasping for straws when you compare standard cosmology to flat earth. What evidence for flat earth really convinced you?
I was indoctrinated into the religion of atheism and was actually an atheist throughout my teens and 20’s. It wasn’t until I started thinking for myself that I deduced there must be a God. It took a bit more contemplation and research to realize He’s the God of the Bible.

I just go where the evidence is. If someone can provide actual evidence for a spinning ball Earth, I’ll change my beliefs. As for evidence in favour of the flat Earth? It’s hard to narrow it down as there’s so much. I’d suggest starting with 200 Proofs the Earth is Not a Spinning Ball.

I think it was NASA’s deceptiveness that made me amenable to flat earth in the first place. A lot of us can agree the moon landing was a hoax and their Earth images are fake (takes 15 minutes of research), but it goes even deeper than that.

For example, why the does the number 666 always show up in their calculations?And is it just a coincidence that NASA means deceive in Hebrew? What about Werner von Braun stating a guy named Elon would lead them through the 21 century? LOL!

Btw, von Braun had Psalms 19:1 engraved on his tombstone: “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.” Firmament - hard, glass-like dome structure above the Earth in Biblical cosmology. Was that his way of confessing?

I’ll peruse the thread later, but I’m not holding my breath. All the common debunking arguments have themselves been debunked. For now, I’ll just leave you guys with this amateur video on stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ_z6pwUrE&app=desktop

Strange. They don’t look like distant balls of fire at all. More like underwater sound waves on the other side of an electromagnetic firmament. And they all just happen to be facing us. I think this quote is apt:

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; or where were you WHEN THE MORNING STARS SANG TOGETHER or when the Sons of God shouted for joy? -Job 38:6,7.

Damn Bible. Always turning out to be right.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Aron wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:00 pm
@Pinayhunter
Pinayhunter wrote:

Geography, applied cartography and navigational calculation tell us we live on a globe. This is true whether you are using a modern navionics system or an old fashioned sextant. Navigation as practiced today many thousands of times daily, and based on the globe as fact, would simply collapse otherwise. Known distances would suddenly have to grow, sometimes by many thousands of miles. The Earth's surface would perhaps double in area and some vast 80,000 mile long "edge" would have somehow escaped our detection. Yep, the world is a giant pizza pie...
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Pinayhunter
I'm going to assume you just forgot to use a mention so i would get notified of your post. Next time please do.
pinayhunter wrote:
I was indoctrinated into the religion of atheism and was actually an atheist throughout my teens and 20’s. It wasn’t until I started thinking for myself that I deduced there must be a God. It took a bit more contemplation and research to realize He’s the God of the Bible.

I just go where the evidence is. If someone can provide actual evidence for a spinning ball Earth, I’ll change my beliefs. As for evidence in favour of the flat Earth? It’s hard to narrow it down as there’s so much. I’d suggest starting with 200 Proofs the Earth is Not a Spinning Ball.
Which have been debunked for a long time now, how about you stick with a few specific examples so i do not need to do debunk hours worth of nonsense all in one post? Anyway your 'i go where the evidence leads' thing is what literally everyone says. But you basically are still Christian so your authoritarian mindset tells you now to believe or burn, unless you want to say you don't conform to standard christian doctrine now. Point is, your belief system tells you NOT to think or else suffer if you believe something you're not supposed to.
pinayhunter wrote: I think it was NASA’s deceptiveness that made me amenable to flat earth in the first place. A lot of us can agree the moon landing was a hoax and their Earth images are fake (takes 15 minutes of research), but it goes even deeper than that.

For example, why the does the number 666 always show up in their calculations?And is it just a coincidence that NASA means deceive in Hebrew? What about Werner von Braun stating a guy named Elon would lead them through the 21 century? LOL!

Btw, von Braun had Psalms 19:1 engraved on his tombstone: “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.” Firmament - hard, glass-like dome structure above the Earth in Biblical cosmology. Was that his way of confessing?
The firmament was an old term used for when people looked at the stars. It's obvious in context that when astronomers talked about 'the firmament' they're talking about space. Give some actual examples of your '666' calc. How do you actually know it means that in hebrew? For all you know, if you don't know the language, you're just being fed false info which you blindly trust. And i guess you think Elon musk is part of some grand conspiracy planned for ages then to include someone with his specific name then. Which is just ridiculous.
pinayhunter wrote:
I’ll peruse the thread later, but I’m not holding my breath. All the common debunking arguments have themselves been debunked. For now, I’ll just leave you guys with this amateur video on stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ_z6pwUrE&app=desktop

Strange. They don’t look like distant balls of fire at all. More like underwater sound waves on the other side of an electromagnetic firmament. And they all just happen to be facing us. I think this quote is apt:

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; or where were you WHEN THE MORNING STARS SANG TOGETHER or when the Sons of God shouted for joy? -Job 38:6,7.

Damn Bible. Always turning out to be right.
A lot of that video just looks like a shaky and unfocused camera. Sound waves do not look that way. They spread out over distance. Stars show up as points not waves.

You are probably convinced by that flat earther crepuscular ray argument when it's totally inconsistent with the model. You realize it would have to be moving over only a few tiny spaces on the earth, if the sun floats on a set ring every day? So 99% of the time, seeing crepuscular rays that supposedly show a near sun right above a cloud or something would have to necessarily not prove a nearby sun, since the sun doesn't go over most of these points ever according to the flat earth model. And if it was traveling around a flat earth so fast for a daily rotation of day and night, it'd zip past any cloud instantly, the appearance of crepuscular rays would be impossible.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another funny meme about a moon anomaly that will make you scratch your head. lol

A video rant showing some puzzling anomalies about the moon and how it could be a self-luminating body rather than a solid object.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this puzzling comparison between NASA's photo of what the sun looks like vs. the photo of the sun taken by a normal person with a high powered camera. It's quite different and baffling if true.

Also check out these video clips of the sun shrinking as it sets. That's odd. How can that be, if the sun is the size that astronomy science claims it is?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston

Winston this is the same thing i asked you not to do the last time i responded to you in this thread. And now you're doing it again, you just fully ignore the reply someone makes to you disproving what you said. At least you didn't go on to say the exact things i showed to be wrong, but that doesn't really help much.

The moon doesn't glow. It reflects light from the sun onto the earth.

If the earth were flat we shouldn't see the sun sinking into the horizon, we would see it approach and move away on a visibly curved path in midair. Just look up david ridlen's flat earth debunk visualization, it shows a good model of what the flat earth would look like.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

@Aron
Your constant reiteration of your own opinion that you have "debunked" the flat earth points made here would be annoyingly sophomoric (you're actually a freshman, aren't you, and from India?) under any circumstances, but when you demonstrate complete unfamiliarity with FE arguments it's all the more grating. Everybody familiar with those arguments knows the FE position on moonlight: It is cool and putrifying, the opposite of sunlight in every way. When the moon is out and there's no sun, it is cooler out of the shaded part. Where the moonlight is blocked, it is warmer. So how is the moon transforming sunlight so radically simply by reflecting it?
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@gsjackson

What I said in my most recent post was true, Winston did ignore my response and proceed on as normal. At least he didn't go and again say the specific points I disproved, but that's not saying much.

The normal explanation of why objects are cooler when out of shade is that the heat they radiate can go farther without some of it bouncing off an obstacle and returning to rewarm the object. Moonlight would have nothing to do with it. It seems like a reasonable enough explanation to me. Certainly a lot more reasonable than assuming the earth is suddenly flat and all of cosmology is a hoax.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Aron wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 6:55 pm
@gsjackson

What I said in my most recent post was true, Winston did ignore my response and proceed on as normal. At least he didn't go and again say the specific points I disproved, but that's not saying much.

The normal explanation of why objects are cooler when out of shade is that the heat they radiate can go farther without some of it bouncing off an obstacle and returning to rewarm the object. Moonlight would have nothing to do with it. It seems like a reasonable enough explanation to me. Certainly a lot more reasonable than assuming the earth is suddenly flat and all of cosmology is a hoax.
Well, you're civil. I commend you for that. But you do understand, don't you, that whether or not you've "disproved" anything is a matter of opinion? I, for one, can't make heads or tails out of your "debunkings." "...the heat they radiate can go farther without some of it bouncing off an obstacle and returning to rewarm the object." Huh??
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@gsjackson

I should probably use an image so it's easier to understand.

Basically it's going to be cooler already when you put something out of the shade during the night. So if you really want to prove moonlight hitting objects somehow removes heat from them you'd have to control for that variable.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Debating such topics is useless. Either a person is able to accept it readily after their own investigation, or not. There is no need to beat a dead horse.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Aron wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Basically it's going to be cooler already when you put something out of the shade during the night. So if you really want to prove moonlight hitting objects somehow removes heat from them you'd have to control for that variable.
I've never done the experiment myself, but presumably it is just a case of putting on thermometer in shadow and one in the moonlight on a clear night.
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Cornfed

I know they work that way, and that's the problem. They don't control for radiative cooling, letting Flat Earthers assume any temperature loss is due to moonlight.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Why would you bother with this thread ? we all know the earth is a triangle...
Time to Hide!