Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:Where did they say that? Can you show me? What you mean by perimeter? You mean the edge? The edge is supposed to be antarctica, according to flat earth theory.
I'm pretty sure it was actually you earlier on this thread, referring to them. But i don't have time to look it up.
Winston wrote:The flat earthers claim that you cannot see any curvature from an airplane. So they have not even addressed this yet. Why has no one uploaded footage of curvature from an airplane? I cant be the only one that has these photos. Anyone can take these photos. Yet in thousands of flat earth videos, no one has uploaded these photos? Strange.
Not only can you see the curvature on the horizon but on the surface and clouds plane. Denying this perception is, like Ghost says, denying physical reality.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

droid wrote:
Winston wrote:Where did they say that? Can you show me? What you mean by perimeter? You mean the edge? The edge is supposed to be antarctica, according to flat earth theory.
I'm pretty sure it was actually you earlier on this thread, referring to them. But i don't have time to look it up.
Winston wrote:The flat earthers claim that you cannot see any curvature from an airplane. So they have not even addressed this yet. Why has no one uploaded footage of curvature from an airplane? I cant be the only one that has these photos. Anyone can take these photos. Yet in thousands of flat earth videos, no one has uploaded these photos? Strange.
Not only can you see the curvature on the horizon but on the surface and clouds plane. Denying this perception is, like Ghost says, denying physical reality.
The curvature of the earth can be seen by looking at clouds from a plane? And to deny this is to deny physical reality? The only curvature that can be seen from a plane is the circle of the earth. That is the earth is a circle, which can be seen from the window of a plane. You cannot see any curvature of the earth other than this from a plane, and not anything that indicates it is spherical.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But the flat earthers are winning on YouTube. No one is challenging them or refuting their arguments. Go to youtube and see. Most of the arguments are avoided and unanswered.

For example, how can u see a lighthouse from a ship from 60 miles away? At that distance the lighthouse would be many miles under the curvature so that it would be impossible to see it. Yet u can see it. No one has answered this from the globe earth side.

Don't judge this debate too quickly. You didnt watch any flat earth videos by eric dubay or listen to their best arguments. Did u listen to that black guy on macedonian TV? He gave 10 or 15 arguments for flat earth. U didnt address them.

How can u be in Australia and not fall off the earth globe? Theres no proof that gravity exists. No one can measure it or capture it or demonstrate it. The smartest man in the world, Nikola Tesla said gravity is bullshit. Things fall to earth cause of electromagnetism. Google "electric universe theory". Einstein said Tesla was smarter than himself. When a reporter asked Einstein, "How does it feel to be the smartest man in the world?" he replied, "Ask Nikola Tesla".

Remember that Einstein never invented anything. All he did was write equations and theories on paper. But Tesla invented hundreds of real things, such as radio, free energy machines, electric powered cars, etc. It's just that his free energy devices could not be metered or profited from by corporations, so JP Morgan refused to fund him further.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
droid wrote:
The curvature of the earth can be seen by looking at clouds from a plane? And to deny this is to deny physical reality? The only curvature that can be seen from a plane is the circle of the earth. That is the earth is a circle, which can be seen from the window of a plane. You cannot see any curvature of the earth other than this from a plane, and not anything that indicates it is spherical.
Did you see my photos above that I took from a plane window? You can see a sloping line that curves downward. Look again. You see it? How do you explain that? What does a circle have to do with that? If the earth is disc shaped, then you'd have to be at the edge in Antarctica to see a circular edge. Why would you see it on the horizon from a plane window that's flying over the Pacific Ocean? I don't understand.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:But the flat earthers are winning on YouTube. No one is challenging them or refuting their arguments. Go to youtube and see. Most of the arguments are avoided and unanswered.
For example, how can u see a lighthouse from a ship from 60 miles away? At that distance the lighthouse would be many miles under the curvature so that it would be impossible to see it. Yet u can see it. No one has answered this from the globe earth side.
That's not true, plenty of videos demonstrating FET's stupidity and dishonesty and outright lying. Of course if 'winning' means ignoring all evidence and pulling more BS out of their arse...

They show videos of objects on the horizon but ommit the height of observation, mf**kers.

here's a simple horizon range calculator:
https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-ca ... nit=metric

And they simply lie about the lighthouses. Where are all the zoom-in pics to back their BS up? i can't find them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ted_States

Don't judge this debate too quickly. You didn't watch any flat earth videos by eric dubay or listen to their best arguments.
Bullshit i've addressed that garbage, ED spouts nothing but lies. Read my posts.
Did u listen to that black guy on macedonian TV? He gave 10 or 15 arguments for flat earth. U didnt address them.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmFTgeK7U6U[/youtube]

And yet another idiot wasting people's time. The first 20 seconds are enough. That's the problem, more idiocy comes out than one can possibly address.

"The pilot should, every five minutes, point the nose down"

Really, *#&!C!( absolutely retarded. Do we have to really "address" that?

"The gyroscope should rotate as you go around the earth"

More idiocy. One quick look reveals that Attitude Indicators have a creep compensating, erector mechanism .

http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/GSI.htm
https://www.aea.net/AvionicsNews/ANArch ... Sept05.pdf
http://aviation.stackexchange.com/quest ... w-im-level

How can u be in Australia and not fall off the earth globe? There's no proof that gravity exists. No one can measure it or capture it or demonstrate it
:lol:
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Winston wrote:But the flat earthers are winning on YouTube. No one is challenging them or refuting their arguments. Go to youtube and see. Most of the arguments are avoided and unanswered..
Being ignored =/= winning.

Some people [ahem, you] are just so far gone in lala land that most people just don't even bother.

I mean really if I went around insisting that house hippos are a thing how many people do you think would bother trying to refute me on the youtube.

I suspect those flat earth are mostly preaching to the choir, the very stupid and gullible as well as ignorant choir.

I also wouldn't put it past them to delete posts that disagree with them too effectively.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

This guy's diagram below explains with beauty and simplicity the calculation for the horizon distance and the hidden object height. I feel like framing it and putting it on the wall. This is what should be used, as opposed to the dumb "drop" approximation of 8"xMxM.

Importantly, it takes into account the height of the observer.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf

"Reports and photographs claiming that visual observers can detect the curvature of the Earth from high mountains or high-flying commercial aircraft are investigated. Visual daytime observations show that the minimum altitude at which curvature of the horizon can be detected is at or slightly below 35,000 ft, providing that the field of view is wide (60°) and nearly cloud free. The high-elevation horizon is almost as sharp as the sea-level horizon, but its contrast is less than 10% that of the sea-level horizon. Photographs purporting to show the curvature of the Earth are always suspect because virtually all camera lenses project an image that suffers from barrel distortion. To accurately assess curvature from a photograph, the horizon must be placed precisely in the center of the image, i.e., on the optical axis."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Droid, how do you explain this?

Here is video of slight curvature or slope from plane window.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF83Xsw-8a0[/youtube]

Is that conclusive proof? Im not sure. Because it only shows the cloud line sloping. Clouds may not be perfectly level. Maybe they slope up and down? Why didnt Adama try to claim that?

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I don't know why I'm still entertaining all this nonsense, knowing that it's all a big troll haha, what a waste of time. The exercise is always tempting though.
Also you and Adama are good at social issues, but when it comes to physics you are frickin' atrocious :lol:

Look, they're just lying thru their teeth, the curve is there, just add some contrast with a paint program:
The bottom picture is a lot more subtle of course since it's at sea level, but i would still argue over that one pixel and say the curvature is there.
The problem with these types of pics is that any curvature will be brushed off by FET idiots as the lens barrel effect, so it's pointless.

Now check out these flight time-lapse videos below, they show the curvature in the surface perspective i talk about (together with landmarks and horizon-drop as a bonus). There's also stuff in there that has no business popping up at full size and far off the "vanishing point" if the earth was flat. FET loons will still claim flatness no matter what though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WS-2YNX2YM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22vGissW4Wc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kl2X2nYmTA[/youtube]

How about you 'addresing' some stuff in kind? Look at this video and my own pic below it, showing the clear drop in the horizon????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pliyY5S11w[/youtube]

Now the clincher should be these pics with the sun setting beside a ship, which FET illiterate loons ignore as well. No sun dissapearing due to "perspective". No further "flat" surface beyond (and above) the ships bottom. And these are taken at 10's of feet above the water level, something that is extremely obvious, but not to FET retards/trolls/attention whores.

"Address" this:

Last edited by droid on August 26th, 2016, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's the video I took from my plane of the curvature or slope of the horizon or cloud line outside. As you can see, there is a slope or curve. Not sure if it's normal for clouds to curve up and down though.

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Here's a pretty cool HD video from one of the booster rockets on the space shuttle. Great sound. Actually scary.
The acceleration is not really that hard, it just doesn't stop pulling :shock:

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Here's the video I took from my plane of the curvature or slope of the horizon or cloud line outside. As you can see, there is a slope or curve. Not sure if it's normal for clouds to curve up and down though.

The earth is circular. It is a flat circle, not round. You're seeing circular edge. Also that is one of those curved windows that Eric Dubay warns about. It is just like the curved camera lens.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

The earth is a spinning globe.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.