Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby HouseMD » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:10 am

Farmer308 wrote:You can do much better than $175/hour. I am currently making $220/ hour with 48 hours / week guaranteed, though as I said I have ended up only working about 30, but still getting paid for 48. Though as I said I am on call most of the time.

Thing is, I'm trying to stick to the northeast as much as I can- I could pull 200+ as an internist out West or down in Texas, but the NE is home, so I'll take the pay cut. What's really bugging me is I'm starting to get that itch to specialize, but like... Three more years of my life- it certainly won't be worth the money, but I've just got that urge for a particular specialty I can't shake off. And unlike you I'm over 300k in debt, so it's even more stupid to pursue. Hopefully I can save me from myself lol...
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Farmer308 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:17 am

HouseMD wrote:
Farmer308 wrote:You can do much better than $175/hour. I am currently making $220/ hour with 48 hours / week guaranteed, though as I said I have ended up only working about 30, but still getting paid for 48. Though as I said I am on call most of the time.

Thing is, I'm trying to stick to the northeast as much as I can- I could pull 200+ as an internist out West or down in Texas, but the NE is home, so I'll take the pay cut. What's really bugging me is I'm starting to get that itch to specialize, but like... Three more years of my life- it certainly won't be worth the money, but I've just got that urge for a particular specialty I can't shake off. And unlike you I'm over 300k in debt, so it's even more stupid to pursue. Hopefully I can save me from myself lol...

Hey I feel you. If I was going to stick to one location rather than move around the planet I would do a fellowship for sure. Probably pulm/critical care. As it is I have found what's most in demand is a generalists. I can do primary care, hospitalists, rural ER, and some intensivist work in smaller more rural hospitals.
I am a country boy and like to hunt and fish so rural works out perfect for me. One day when I settle down back in New Zealand maybe I will specialize.
FWIW, I spent half a year working as the ship's doctor on a cruise ship. Man talk about hot and cold running women!
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 am

Stefan Molyneux skewers a flat earther.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOz_J6tJVU[/youtube]

I'm no fan of Stephan. Just showing how easy it is to expose flat earthers.

The flat earther frequently says he doesn't know, or that someone said blah, blah, blah, or otherwise handwaves things he's ignorant about. Which is just about everything.

And he's very hypocritical too (pretty much goes with the territory of being a flat earther.)

He says all of NASA's (and everyone else's) footage is fake, but that flat earth video evidence isn't faked. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. So for him, anything against his belief is obviously fake while things that support his belief (supposedly) can't be faked. Hypocrisy. So NASA footage showing earth's curvature are fake, but videos showing that the hull of a ship doesn't disappear below the horizon line first all must be real and can't be faked. What the f**k?

As a flat earther, you have two options: be ignorant or be dishonest.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:06 pm

I have no interest in watching Stephan M or that man who he is interviewing. That man thinks aliens seeded life on this planet. Is he a liar? Yes, anyone who denies Christ is a liar. Stephan M is also a liar.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Farmer308 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Adama wrote:I have no interest in watching Stephan M or that man who he is interviewing. That man thinks aliens seeded life on this planet. Is he a liar? Yes, anyone who denies Christ is a liar. Stephan M is also a liar.

Those who pass what are nothing more than man made myths (I mean all of the many religions) as truth are just as big a liar as this Crack pot Stephan M.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:08 am

Farmer308 wrote:
Adama wrote:I have no interest in watching Stephan M or that man who he is interviewing. That man thinks aliens seeded life on this planet. Is he a liar? Yes, anyone who denies Christ is a liar. Stephan M is also a liar.

Those who pass what are nothing more than man made myths (I mean all of the many religions) as truth are just as big a liar as this Crack pot Stephan M.

I agree.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 am

You have no interest in anything that contradicts your beliefs. You don't even look at the evidence before denying it; you just deny it before ever looking.

You sure get hung up on "liars," but you yourself are a huge liar when it comes to the shape of the earth. It shows a lack of faith in God. This was long one of my problems with creationists: they try to fit God in a little box and say what he can or can't do, proclaiming that one must have faith in God, yet having no faith when it comes to accepting the physical reality we live in. As if God has to be constrained to a flat earth. In other words, you refuse to accept the physical reality we live in because your faith is so weak that you think God can't exist unless He made a flat earth.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:40 am

Ghost wrote:

You have no interest in anything that contradicts your beliefs. You don't even look at the evidence before denying it; you just deny it before ever looking.

You sure get hung up on "liars," but you yourself are a huge liar when it comes to the shape of the earth. It shows a lack of faith in God. This was long one of my problems with creationists: they try to fit God in a little box and say what he can or can't do, proclaiming that one must have faith in God, yet having no faith when it comes to accepting the physical reality we live in. As if God has to be constrained to a flat earth. In other words, you refuse to accept the physical reality we live in because your faith is so weak that you think God can't exist unless He made a flat earth.

That reminds me of Biff trying to challenge McFly in Back to the Future by calling him "yellow." I didnt realize people actually make such challenges in real life. Then again, this is the internet. I'm also saddened to see that a man could write something as illogical as this. This honestly strikes me as something a manipulative woman would say, just to goad someone on.

Is this who we have to talk to here, Winston?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

It wasn't a challenge, but a statement. Your faith is so weak that you resort to denying physical reality.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 am

HouseMD wrote:
Winston wrote:Check this out. The leading flat earth researcher,
Eric Dubay, an expat in Thailand who is a freethinker and conspiracy buff too, has come
out with a new PDF and 2 hour video called "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball". It
contains 200 objective proofs and hard facts that demonstrate that Earth cannot be a
spinning sphere in outer space. Check it out. It's very logical and makes sense.
200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball - by Eric Dubay
Video version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg
PDF version to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/l679prcg097ny8u/200_Proofs_Earth_is_Not_a_Spinning_Ball%21
.pdf

Online webpage version:
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

That is literally some of the dumbest crap I've ever read. I don't have enough
time to refute each item, because I'm learning real science and it's pretty damn time

consuming. Slowing down light was my favorite one, omg, that's just plain dumb. How does

he not even know what happens to light when it changes medium? That's like, high school

science level stuff. It slows, but not measurably by any methods at the time. What it

does do that is significant is CHANGE ITS ANGLE.

+1
Holy Jesus Christ, what a load of bullcrap from that guy, I only made it to #30 before I had to reach for a paper bag.
You gotta give it to that Eric Dubai, that's some really painstaking trolling.

@Winston
it's too much junk to refute, that's what that guy is banking on, to spout so much gibberish/lies in there that no one will take the time to refute it all.

I'm particularly disturbed by people thinking that something going up in the air should somehow "stop" while the ground rushes at 1000 mph underneath.
God dammit it people, answer once and for all what force would "stop" an air borne object from traveling along with the earth's surface.
This seems to be the recurring premise for denying the round earth, but it has been explained that the atmosphere cannot be 'static' while the earth spins underneath,
friction will eventually get all the air spinning too, geez. Try spinning a glass of juice or coffee and you'll see the effect.
This is even more obvious if you realize the atmosphere is just a thin layer when compared to the diameter of the earth.

He also lies about star parallax not existing..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_parallax
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliometer
The first successful measurements of stellar parallax were made by Friedrich Bessel in 1838 for the star 61 Cygni using a heliometer.[1][6]

While it is true and actually surprising that the earth "drops" 8 inches in a mile and 600 feet in 30 miles, what really matters is that the surface angle change is a gradual
and minuscule 0.0145 degrees per mile, which is unperceivable and pretty much noise masked by local terrain variations.
Also asphalt and railway steel pieces easily accommodate for this due to their flexibility and by any mating/joints. And with bridge columns etc being plumbed individually, each points towards the center of the earth.

And the thing with the plane, god, what dumb crap. The pilot just adjusts the engine throttle to maintain a constant elevation, he doesn't have to keep adjusting the nose down. How can someone not understand this?
Again, if that's so, how about the turning necessary under the flat earth model? But that's conveniently ignored of course.

My other questions, regarding why Vietnam girls say it's midnight, and send real time night pictures while for me it's mid-day have not been answered.
Maybe they're in on it too...

Winston wrote:Check it out. It's very logical and makes sense

:roll:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 am

My other questions, regarding why Vietnam girls say it's midnight, and send real time night pictures while for me it's mid-day have not been answered.

Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk. So far all he could tell was that he wasn't obligated to do that.

Imagine a flat earther science teacher.

"Teacher, can you explain how the day and night cycles work?"

"f**k you! I'm not obligated to do that!"

:lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OutWest » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Ghost wrote:

Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk. So far all he could tell was that he wasn't obligated to do that.

Imagine a flat earther science teacher.

"Teacher, can you explain how the day and night cycles work?"

"f**k you! I'm not obligated to do that!"

:lol:

This nonsense is hardly surprising. Given the horrible state of much of the educational system in the USA, as well as general decline of respect for rigorous thought, it follows that you have many individuals who have little sense of the world we live in, and rather than just being ignorant, they create bizzare witch doctor theories of reality. They are functioning as mental degenerates, so you can have some pitty on them, like you would on other disabled people.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:58 pm

I am still amazed to see people use faith as an excuse to be wilfully ignorant. It's insulting and bizarre, seeing as though I have met with many intelligent, bright and traditionally minded people who still acknowledge some basic scientific facts. The shape of the earth, the reason there are timezones and not all of the world is dark at the same exact time or sees daylight at the exat same time, and the fact that the planets and stars we can see from here are all somehow round... but somehow, mysteriously, our earth is shaped like a dinner plate and all of the world's scientists are in a conspiracy to hide its shape from us?
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Ghost wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk.

The Sun as a relatively small and close spotlight moving in circles (or a stationary spotlight tracing circles by shifting its focus) around the line corresponding to the equator on the Earth, perhaps?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Winston, take a look at this one, showing how the sun is inside the sky.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaiw-G1VGE[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaiw-G1VGE
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal