Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby OutWest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:I am still amazed to see people use faith as an excuse to be wilfully ignorant. It's insulting and bizarre, seeing as though I have met with many intelligent, bright and traditionally minded people who still acknowledge some basic scientific facts. The shape of the earth, the reason there are timezones and not all of the world is dark at the same exact time or sees daylight at the exat same time, and the fact that the planets and stars we can see from here are all somehow round... but somehow, mysteriously, our earth is shaped like a dinner plate and all of the world's scientists are in a conspiracy to hide its shape from us?


Ignorance is one thing. Willfull ignorance and bizzar witch doctor with nosebone fantasies are simptoms of being a mental degenerate. Yes, sure, the sun is a flaming marshmallow in the sky...actually, its a flaming Frisbee shaped marshmallow in the sky...to call these folks stupid is to insult most stupid people. Stupidity this intense has to be a very special project...lol
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA







Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby jamesbond » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 am

Ghost wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk. So far all he could tell was that he wasn't obligated to do that.


Ghost, Adama is the same guy who thinks dinosaurs and humans lived on the earth at the same time and he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old.

He also believes that only Baptists go to heaven. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby droid » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:39 am

Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk.

The Sun as a relatively small and close spotlight moving in circles (or a stationary spotlight tracing circles by shifting its focus) around the line corresponding to the equator on the Earth, perhaps?


I believe that's the claim, according to Adama's video. The problem I see with that is that then the moon and the stars would also have to "orbit" radially around the earth too, otherwise you would see a divergence on the path of these objects with respect to the sun. But if everything does this radial "hovering" above the flat earth, how do they explain that Polaris is more or less stationary and the objects actually describe a path around it? If Polaris is hovering above the north pole,the stars closer to the southern horizon should follow more or less a flat path and seek the same "vanishing point" as the sun, but they don't. Their geometry falls there.

Looking north:
Image

Looking South, picture taken in Chile
Image


Adama wrote:Winston, take a look at this one, showing how the sun is inside the sky.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaiw-G1VGE[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaiw-G1VGE


He's not honest, the sun appears to get "smaller" and "dimmer" in those shots due to atmospheric obstruction, not because of perspective.
I think we've all seen this with our own eyes:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic4fauNfPOs[/youtube]

It clearly goes under the horizon as a disc, it's NOT perspective, there is NO "vanishing point".

Here's this also:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=50707.0#.VklGWdKrSHs
Image
Image
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Adama » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:30 am

jamesbond wrote:
Ghost wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk. So far all he could tell was that he wasn't obligated to do that.


Ghost, Adama is the same guy who thinks dinosaurs and humans lived on the earth at the same time and he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old.

He also believes that only Baptists go to heaven. :roll:


Incorrect. Only those who are saved go to heaven, regardless of their denomination.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Moretorque » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

jamesbond wrote:
Ghost wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting for Adama to show me how it's possible for day and night to happen at the same time on a disk. So far all he could tell was that he wasn't obligated to do that.


Ghost, Adama is the same guy who thinks dinosaurs and humans lived on the earth at the same time and he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old.

He also believes that only Baptists go to heaven. :roll:


James, humans and dinosaurs did live together but Noah ran out of room on the arc so he was forced to leave them behind to drown. Mr. Bond your just another made up movie TV personality who doesn't know sh it about the real world. :roll:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 am

Ghost,
I saw that video by stefan molyneux. It was an obvious farce. The guy stefan was drilling wasnt making serious arguments and was purposely sounding dumb. However stefan NEVER responded to his argument that when a ship disappears in the horizon, that you can see it again in its entirety when using a telescope. That was brought up many times but stefan had NO answer for it. Also stefan did not present any arguments or evidence that the earth was a spinning ball. He only used ridicule and questioned his motivation and used the standard appeals to authority and consensus that the establishment uses.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:52 am

Heres a question for you all that will blow your mind that NASA is unable to answer. I heard it on the ball earth skeptic podcast.

The question is: If the earth orbits the sun and rotates at a constant speed of 1080 mph, then how come every 6 months, when the earth is supposedly on the opposite side of the sun, you dont have to change your clock 12 hours, since by then night and day will have reversed places? In fact you should have to change your clock by 6 hours every 3 months, according to the heliocentric model of the solar system, because the earth will have completed a quarter of its orbit. Theres no way around that.

No astronomer or NASA advisor can account for this huge discrepancy in the heliocentric model. Mind blowing huh? Can you guys answer that one?

Also, how come the northern star polaris, is always in a fixed position in the sky and has been for centuries? That cant be if the earth wobbles or tilts or orbits the sun at super speeds, as astronomy claims.

Finally, on a ball earth, the higher you ascend in the air, the lower the horizon will curve downwards as you look down. But thats not the case at all. All independent videos from planes and balloons show that no matter how high you go up, the horizon line is always in the same position in the distance at eye level. It never curves downward as it should on a spherical structure. Not even a little. This is another irrefutable argument. What do you guys make of that?

Btw, NONE of you ever addressed the shocking video i presented to you all earlier of the sun casting a sunspot on the clouds directly below it from a high altitude balloon. It was a real shocker and huge smoking gun that the sun is NOT as big and far as we were told. All of you ball earthers RAN AWAY from that smoking gun totally, perhaps due to cognitive dissonance since it cannot be explained away. It was a real thorn in the side of ball earthers.

Check out the ball earth skeptic roundtable discussions on youtube. Its like having a deep discussion at the table with down to earth freethinking guys.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ball+earth+skeptic+roundtable
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby droid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:32 am

Winston wrote:Heres a question for you all that will blow your mind that NASA is unable to answer. I heard it on the ball earth skeptic podcast.
The question is: If the earth orbits the sun and rotates at a constant speed of 1080 mph, then how come every 6 months, when the earth is supposedly on the opposite side of the sun, you dont have to change your clock 12 hours, since by then night and day will have reversed places? In fact you should have to change your clock by 6 hours every 3 months, according to the heliocentric model of the solar system, because the earth will have completed a quarter of its orbit. Theres no way around that.
No astronomer or NASA advisor can account for this huge discrepancy in the heliocentric model. Mind blowing huh? Can you guys answer that one?


You're seeing this backwards, it's misleading logic. The 12-24 number is just a convention, it is whatever the day lasts, it already accounts for the duration of night and day on the orbit path.
To illustrate this with an extreme, say the year had two days. the earth would rotate once in half a year, and you would face the sun, for the second half the earth would rotate again and the same spot would face the sun again. There is no "night and day reversal".
Now kind of an aside: in actuality, the rotations indeed don't match the translation period exactly, the year is actually 365.25 days, so instead of messing with a 6 hour shift every year, we wait for four years and add a full day so the clock doesn't have to change.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html
This is all matched by the evidence out there, you can verify all this in your backyard, guys like you and Adama are not being logical at all.

Winston wrote:Also, how come the northern star polaris, is always in a fixed position in the sky and has been for centuries? That cant be if the earth wobbles or tilts or orbits the sun at super speeds, as astronomy claims.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession
Ptolemy
The first astronomer known to have continued Hipparchus's work on precession is Ptolemy in the second century. Ptolemy measured the longitudes of Regulus, Spica, and other bright stars with a variation of Hipparchus's lunar method that did not require eclipses. Before sunset, he measured the longitudinal arc separating the Moon from the Sun. Then, after sunset, he measured the arc from the Moon to the star. He used Hipparchus's model to calculate the Sun's longitude, and made corrections for the Moon's motion and its parallax (Evans 1998, pp. 251–255). Ptolemy compared his own observations with those made by Hipparchus, Menelaus of Alexandria, Timocharis, and Agrippa. He found that between Hipparchus's time and his own (about 265 years), the stars had moved 2°40', or 1° in 100 years (36" per year; the rate accepted today is about 50" per year or 1° in 72 years). He also confirmed that precession affected all fixed stars, not just those near the ecliptic, and his cycle had the same period of 36,000 years as found by Hipparchus.



Winston wrote:Finally, on a ball earth, the higher you ascend in the air, the lower the horizon will curve downwards as you look down. But thats not the case at all. All independent videos from planes and balloons show that no matter how high you go up, the horizon line is always in the same position in the distance at eye level. It never curves downward as it should on a spherical structure. Not even a little. This is another irrefutable argument. What do you guys make of that?


First of all the camera is always pointed to have the horizon placed at an in informative/aesthetic position in the image, usually in the middle duh, so it is subjective, you don't have a reference to determine the angle from the shot.
But look man the angle you mention can be derived in five minutes with trig anyways, just for fun.
The angle of the horizon from level view is: (corrections are welcome here)

A= 90 - (arctan (earth radius / sqrt( (earth radius + elevation)^2 - (earth radius)^2) ) )
A= 90 - (arctan (3959 / sqrt( (3959 + elevation)^2 - (3959)^2) ) )

So for a commercial airplane @ 6 miles, this is

A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt( (3959 + 6 )^2 - (3959)^2) ) )
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt(47544) ))
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/218))
A = 3.16 degrees

Now, you may deny this all you want, together with the visible curvature, but it matches my flight observations.

For the space station, @ 249 miles
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt( (3959 + 249 )^2 - (3959)^2) ) )
A= 19.82 degrees

But again you'll deny this possibility since it is not apparent on the pictures, and/or the pictures are fake...

Now in this sense, let me ask you, if the curvature in the pictures is due to the fish eye effect of the lenses alone, how come said curvature is not shown to go the other way (upwards) once in a while, if the earth is flat? Oh yeah the pictures/videos are fake anyway...

Winston wrote:Btw, NONE of you ever addressed the shocking video i presented to you all earlier of the sun casting a sunspot on the clouds directly below it from a high altitude balloon. It was a real shocker and huge smoking gun that the sun is NOT as big and far as we were told. All of you ball earthers RAN AWAY from that smoking gun totally, perhaps due to cognitive dissonance since it cannot be explained away. It was a real thorn in the side of ball earthers.


Was it the one were the guy compared the translation of his camera in his living room vs the angular rotation of the camera aboard the balloon? I did address it, geez. It's brutally obvious they're not the same thing.

Oh and here's a couple more pics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth#/media/File:Horizon,_Valencia_(Spain).JPG
Image
Image
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am

Here are some questions and points i brought up to ghost via Wechat that he had no answer or explanations for, so im posting them here so that my effort in typing them out doesnt go to waste.

Winston to ghost:

Isnt the obvious answer that heliocentrism is a sham and NASA is a fraud and the earth is flat and motionless?

Therefore we are special, not an accident on a speck of dust here by random chance as atheists and evolutionists want us to believe?

But @Wanderer you didnt address the huge problems with heliocentrism above. Why not reject it? You take it on faith.

Actually @Wanderer 
The ball earth skeptics would love to have a debate. They held a debate on their podcast with 3 ball earthers before in episode 11 of their podcast. They would love to debate you too. Wanna do one?

Or we could do a debate with me and you, with rock moderating. Lol. And record it on skype. That would get us noticed.

Btw the flat earth movement is taking off like wildfire. Everyday more and more people are converting to it. Lol. How can that be if their arguments are bunk?

@Wanderer 
Of course independent videos have more credibility than NASA. NASA has a long history of lying and hoaxes. There is footage of them hoaxing a shot of the earth while pretending to be 130,000 miles out into space, using window trickery. Its irrefutable and smoking gun. They were caught red handed. And if you take the moon photos showing earth in background, and reverse image it, you will see a rough uneven box around the earth, which means it was PASTED onto the image! Absolute PROOF of hoax! NASA has no credibility. They were started in fact by groups of Nazis and Freemasons. NASA is a military organization.

Also @Wanderer 
NASA uses fish eye lens and curved lens to show curvature of the earth. If you use normal lens, you can go up 100,000 feet and see a flat level horizon. There is plenty of video proof of this.

Let me ask you this. Supposedly they have 30,000 satellites up in space. Why cant those satellites take even one normal photo of the earth? Just one? Instead, they are only able to produce CGI composite images, which NASA itself admits to. The only regular camera shot they have is from 1972 and its the earth globe we all see in textbooks, its even on Wechat when you start up the app. Its highly dubious and looks fake though. How come in 50 years of space program, NASA only has one normal shot of the earth? Very suspicious and illogical indeed! Huge red flag!

Btw if you ask your grandparents they will tell you that belief in a globe earth was not as religious in the past as it is now, before NASA and its space missions. Before NASA, people only believed in the ball earth tentatively. They didnt use the term "flat earther" to ridicule people. In the 1800s, Britain's scientists were still debating the shape of the earth and holding public debates about it which the flat earthers usually won. So no in the past the belief in ball earth wasnt a religious belief as it is now.

Ghost, use your head. NASA has a long history of hoaxes and lying. Why would you believe a proven liar? Also NASA has money and politics and government behind it. Independent flat earthers do not. Come on. They are not motivated by money and politics. Use your common sense. All the astronauts are freemasons too. They are under oath to do what they are told.

Theres no evidence that earth is a ball. Show me some.

What evidence? That one photo from 1972 that you can see on the wechat startup screen? Thats your evidence? Eric dubay has 200 proofs. NASA has 10 public proofs but they were all debunked by dubay.

Again @Wanderer 
Question for you. Why cant NASA take just one normal photo with a normal camera from its 30,000 satellites allegedly in orbit within the 3000 degree Fahrenheit (past the melting point of steel) Thermosphere of the earth? Just one? Instead all they have is cgi composite photos of the earth, which look fake as hell, which they admit is cgi. Isnt that awfully suspicious? In 50 years of space exploration, they cant even take one normal photo of the earth? Even from space probes venturing out into space? Why cant you address this simple question?

Btw @Wanderer , the high altitude balloon videos are not taken by flat earthers. They were taken by kids and young people having fun with balloons. They had no agenda. But they are used in flat earth documentaries as proof of course. So that answers your question right there.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby cdnFA » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:08 am

Winston wrote:Heres a question for you all that will blow your mind that NASA is unable to answer. I heard it on the ball earth skeptic podcast.

The question is: If the earth orbits the sun and rotates at a constant speed of 1080 mph, then how come every 6 months, when the earth is supposedly on the opposite side of the sun, you dont have to change your clock 12 hours, since by then night and day will have reversed places? In fact you should have to change your clock by 6 hours every 3 months, according to the heliocentric model of the solar system, because the earth will have completed a quarter of its orbit. Theres no way around that.

No astronomer or NASA advisor can account for this huge discrepancy in the heliocentric model. Mind blowing huh? Can you guys answer that one?

Also, how come the northern star polaris, is always in a fixed position in the sky and has been for centuries? That cant be if the earth wobbles or tilts or orbits the sun at super speeds, as astronomy claims.



Check out the ball earth skeptic roundtable discussions on youtube. Its like having a deep discussion at the table with down to earth freethinking guys.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ball+earth+skeptic+roundtable


On the day thing.


A day of exactly 86 400 SI seconds is the base unit of time in astronomy (the second is not preferred).[9]

For a given planet, there are three types of day defined in astronomy:

Stellar Day – An entire rotation of a planet with respect to the distant stars
Sidereal Day – An entire rotation of a planet with respect to the March equinox
Mean Solar Day – The average time of an entire rotation of a planet with respect to its central star

For Earth, the stellar day and the sidereal day are nearly of the same length and about 3 minutes 56 seconds shorter than the solar day. Relative to the fixed stars, the Earth spins just over 366 times upon its axis during one complete orbit. The Earth's orbit around the Sun reduces (by one) the number of transits the Sun makes across the Earth's sky in a sidereal year.

On the Polaris, they are wrong, that isn't the claim, it just takes a very long time. Also anyone who suggests that the location of Polaris should change because of the speed at which the Earth goes around the sun has absolutely
no concept of the distance scale we are talking about. In astronomical terms the earth is pretty much right next to the sun compared to the lightyears that separate us from stars. For it to make a difference we would have to be much
further from the sun. Picture the earth and the sun. a marble a few feat from say a soccer ball. Polaris would be miles away. You really think the position of the earth vis the sun would make a difference.
As for axil tilt changes, if it happened to the degree you think it did our seasons would be pretty messed up.

BTW I don't think freethinking means what you think it means. The word you are looking for is ignorant.
Now you might take the information I gave you and perhaps have a solid think about your ability to tell the difference between science and nonsense and stop being so trusting of anyone who questions mainstream authority or
maybe just maybe you might consider that just because you don't have the answer for something, perhaps the legends of experts have a better handle on things than some random brah with a web page.

Granted I had to look up the day thing. However when some random guy on the internet claims that he is so SMRT compared ot Nasa and the entire astronomy profession. Well I knew the answer was out there.
The Polaris thing was just a combination of obviousness and some basic knowledge of astronomy.
If I could figure it out, anyone who can't really isn't qualified to speak on these matters.

It never ever fails. When someone makes some sort of claim that debunks standard science there is never anything behind it. *Never* Anti vaxxers are the worse.
"The FDA said this, here is the link!" Except the link says no such thing. They have so little respect for their cultists that they outright lie to them.


BRB gotta read Shakespear's Diary of Anne Frank about the civil war in Germany in 1812. It must be true because I saw it on youtube.
Actually it is on youtube. MC Historical Inaccuracy from the WTF collective.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby droid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am

cdnFA wrote:gotta read Shakespear's Diary of Anne Frank about the civil war in Germany in 1812. It must be true because I saw it on youtube.

LMAO :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Cornfed » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 am

I don't know the answer, but here is a question for you round Earth theorists. How do you explain why the Sun and the Moon are the EXACT same dimensions in the sky from our perspective? Just when we are here to talk about it. I mean, really, how plausible is that? Surely, given the astronomical odds against it, and by your own usual reasoning, this must have been faked.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 am

droid wrote:
Winston wrote:Heres a question for you all that will blow your mind that NASA is unable to answer. I heard it on the ball earth skeptic podcast.
The question is: If the earth orbits the sun and rotates at a constant speed of 1080 mph, then how come every 6 months, when the earth is supposedly on the opposite side of the sun, you dont have to change your clock 12 hours, since by then night and day will have reversed places? In fact you should have to change your clock by 6 hours every 3 months, according to the heliocentric model of the solar system, because the earth will have completed a quarter of its orbit. Theres no way around that.
No astronomer or NASA advisor can account for this huge discrepancy in the heliocentric model. Mind blowing huh? Can you guys answer that one?


You're seeing this backwards, it's misleading logic. The 12-24 number is just a convention, it is whatever the day lasts, it already accounts for the duration of night and day on the orbit path.
To illustrate this with an extreme, say the year had two days. the earth would rotate once in half a year, and you would face the sun, for the second half the earth would rotate again and the same spot would face the sun again. There is no "night and day reversal".
Now kind of an aside: in actuality, the rotations indeed don't match the translation period exactly, the year is actually 365.25 days, so instead of messing with a 6 hour shift every year, we wait for four years and add a full day so the clock doesn't have to change.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html
This is all matched by the evidence out there, you can verify all this in your backyard, guys like you and Adama are not being logical at all.

Winston wrote:Also, how come the northern star polaris, is always in a fixed position in the sky and has been for centuries? That cant be if the earth wobbles or tilts or orbits the sun at super speeds, as astronomy claims.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession
Ptolemy
The first astronomer known to have continued Hipparchus's work on precession is Ptolemy in the second century. Ptolemy measured the longitudes of Regulus, Spica, and other bright stars with a variation of Hipparchus's lunar method that did not require eclipses. Before sunset, he measured the longitudinal arc separating the Moon from the Sun. Then, after sunset, he measured the arc from the Moon to the star. He used Hipparchus's model to calculate the Sun's longitude, and made corrections for the Moon's motion and its parallax (Evans 1998, pp. 251–255). Ptolemy compared his own observations with those made by Hipparchus, Menelaus of Alexandria, Timocharis, and Agrippa. He found that between Hipparchus's time and his own (about 265 years), the stars had moved 2°40', or 1° in 100 years (36" per year; the rate accepted today is about 50" per year or 1° in 72 years). He also confirmed that precession affected all fixed stars, not just those near the ecliptic, and his cycle had the same period of 36,000 years as found by Hipparchus.



Winston wrote:Finally, on a ball earth, the higher you ascend in the air, the lower the horizon will curve downwards as you look down. But thats not the case at all. All independent videos from planes and balloons show that no matter how high you go up, the horizon line is always in the same position in the distance at eye level. It never curves downward as it should on a spherical structure. Not even a little. This is another irrefutable argument. What do you guys make of that?


First of all the camera is always pointed to have the horizon placed at an in informative/aesthetic position in the image, usually in the middle duh, so it is subjective, you don't have a reference to determine the angle from the shot.
But look man the angle you mention can be derived in five minutes with trig anyways, just for fun.
The angle of the horizon from level view is: (corrections are welcome here)

A= 90 - (arctan (earth radius / sqrt( (earth radius + elevation)^2 - (earth radius)^2) ) )
A= 90 - (arctan (3959 / sqrt( (3959 + elevation)^2 - (3959)^2) ) )

So for a commercial airplane @ 6 miles, this is

A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt( (3959 + 6 )^2 - (3959)^2) ) )
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt(47544) ))
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/218))
A = 3.16 degrees

Now, you may deny this all you want, together with the visible curvature, but it matches my flight observations.

For the space station, @ 249 miles
A = 90 - (arctan (3959/ sqrt( (3959 + 249 )^2 - (3959)^2) ) )
A= 19.82 degrees

But again you'll deny this possibility since it is not apparent on the pictures, and/or the pictures are fake...

Now in this sense, let me ask you, if the curvature in the pictures is due to the fish eye effect of the lenses alone, how come said curvature is not shown to go the other way (upwards) once in a while, if the earth is flat? Oh yeah the pictures/videos are fake anyway...

Winston wrote:Btw, NONE of you ever addressed the shocking video i presented to you all earlier of the sun casting a sunspot on the clouds directly below it from a high altitude balloon. It was a real shocker and huge smoking gun that the sun is NOT as big and far as we were told. All of you ball earthers RAN AWAY from that smoking gun totally, perhaps due to cognitive dissonance since it cannot be explained away. It was a real thorn in the side of ball earthers.


Was it the one were the guy compared the translation of his camera in his living room vs the angular rotation of the camera aboard the balloon? I did address it, geez. It's brutally obvious they're not the same thing.

Oh and here's a couple more pics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth#/media/File:Horizon,_Valencia_(Spain).JPG
Image
Image


Ok I see your point. The calculation of the day and night cycle INCLUDES the orbital path of the Earth around the Sun, so the position of the orbit doesn't matter. Ok that may add up. But that in no way proves that Earth is moving or orbiting the Sun. Think about it. We do not feel the 67,000 mph movement of the Earth around the Sun, nor the 1,000 mph rotation of the Earth.

Actually, the Polaris concept works against the round earth spinning ball model. Anyone can change numbers to fit a theory, which is what you're doing. But it doesn't match empirical observation. More on Polaris later.

You misunderstand the whole point about the horizontal level horizon. Your mathematical formulas for curvature prove nothing, because they do NOT match empirical observation. You forget that what you see from high altitudes from planes and balloons DO NOT match those formulas. The horizon is always level and way out in the distance, not curved downward. Sorry, but empirical evidence is far stronger than theoretical evidence. You are missing the point that what you see when you actually go up into the air does NOT MATCH your mathematical curvature formulas. In this thread, I posted many videos and images showing just that. Did you see them? Why are you filtering them out of your mind with cognitive dissonance?

Here's a challenge for you: Show me an image that shows the curvature of the Earth, either from the ground or air, and I mean an image that is NOT NASA controlled or US military controlled. And not done with Go Pro Fish Eye curved lens, but with normal lens. So far, all normal images and videos show a FLAT horizon, not a curved one. That's the thorn in your side.

Btw, there's nothing wrong with not trusting NASA or calling its images fake. That's not a bias. NASA has a long history of hoaxing and lying. It has less credibility than a used car salesman. I gave several examples of NASA hoaxes that are easily provable. Do you really trust an organization that makes ridiculous lies, such as losing an entire warehouse full of telemetry tapes, and contradicts itself in that they can't go back to the moon because it doesn't remember how they did it before, etc.?

As to your question: "Now in this sense, let me ask you, if the curvature in the pictures is due to the fish eye effect of the lenses alone, how come said curvature is not shown to go the other way (upwards) once in a while, if the earth is flat? Oh yeah the pictures/videos are fake anyway..."

Why would a fish eye lens do an upward curvature? Even some amateur videos of balloon flights use a fish eye lens and they always show a curvature downward, even when at ground level. Why would a curved lens curve the other way if its not set to? I don't understand your question.

But even with a normal lens, if you pan the camera downward, the horizon will curve up, and if you pan the camera upward, the horizon will curve down (like what you want). However, once the camera is still, the horizon is FLAT. I posted several videos demonstrating this. Did you see them? Or do I have to repost them again? They are HARD proof. And no, those balloon videos were not made by flat earthers, they were made by youngsters having fun without an agenda.

No, the sunspot or hotspot under the Sun on the clouds had nothing to do with: "Was it the one were the guy compared the translation of his camera in his living room vs the angular rotation of the camera aboard the balloon? I did address it, geez. It's brutally obvious they're not the same thing."

Wtf are you talking about? I'm talking about the videos from balloons at 100,000 feet showing the sun casting a hotspot on the clouds below it, indicating that the sun is much smaller and closer than alleged. Here is a screen shot showing what I mean:

Image

Image

See it? Under the sun on the clouds, is a spotlight, or hotspot/sunspot, whatever you want to call it. A sun that's hundreds or thousands of times bigger than the Earth, and 93 million miles away, would NOT do that. Only a small object nearby would. This is a smoking gun that will run chills down your spine. :lol: :P

As for your images with ships getting lower in the distance, that was debunked long ago remember? Why do you have such a bad memory? All you do is show numbers and equations that contradict direct observation and empirical evidence. Pay attention carefully: When you take a telescope and look at the vanishing ships in the horizon, they come back into full view, including the HULL of the ship! Gotcha! I posted videos of this before. Why do you pretend that I didn't?

See these video clips that demonstrate just that, that ships getting lower on the horizon will come back into full view again, with hull, when seen through a telescope. Please watch them and don't ignore them again.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ship+horizon+telescope

Finally, regarding your sunset over the beach video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic4fauNfPOs

Yes we've all seen sunsets over the beach like that. The sun becomes inflated as it sets over the horizon. But how come that only happens on a beach over the water horizon? On land, the sun looks like it's vanishing in the law of perspective. It doesn't inflate like that. So therefore, if it only happens over water, it must be due to some light refraction, which is an optical illusion. Look at a sunset over land, and you won't see that.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 am

Droid,
Regarding Polaris, you are missing the point. The earth is allegedly in orbit around the sun at 67,000 mph and the whole solar system is moving around the galaxy at 500,000 mph. Yet Polaris is always in the exact same place above the north pole. That cannot be.

Here is what Eric Dubay said about that in his book "The Flat Earth Conspiracy".

"NASA and modern astronomy say Polaris, the North Pole star, is somewhere between 323-434 light years, or about 2 quadrillion miles, away from us! Firstly, note that is between 1,938,000,000,000,000 - 2,604,000,000,000,000 miles making a difference of 666,000,000,000,000 (over six hundred trillion) miles! If modern astronomy cannot even agree on the distance to stars within hundreds of trillions of miles, perhaps their “science” is flawed and their theory needs re-examining. However, even granting them their obscurely distant stars, heliocentric astronomers cannot adequately explain how Polaris manages to always remain almost perfectly aligned straight above the North Pole.

If the globe-Earth was really spinning West-East 1,000 mph, orbiting the Sun counter-clockwise at 67,000 mph, spiraling around the outer-arms of the Milky Way at 500,000 mph, while shooting through the Universe at 670,000,000 mph, how is it even conceptually possible that Polaris, 2 quadrillion miles away, day after day, year after year, always maintains its alignment straight above the North Pole!? That would mean from 2 quadrillion miles away, Polaris would have to be perfectly mirroring Earth’s several simultaneous wobbling, spinning, spiraling, and shooting motions. Polaris would have to be shooting the same direction through the Universe at exactly 670,000,000 mph; it would have to be following the same 500,000 mph, 225 million year spiral around the Milky Way, and mirroring the same 67,000 mph, 365 day orbit around our Sun! Or , the Earth is stationary - as common sense and everyday experience testifies."


Here is an excerpt from William Carpenter's "100 Proofs The Earth Is Not A Globe" about that.

“It is supposed in the regular course of the Newtonian theory that the Earth is, in June, about 190 millions of miles (190,000,000) away from its position in December. Now, since we can, (in middle north latitudes) see the North Star, on looking out of a window that faces it - and out of the very same corner of the very same pane of glass in the very same window - all the year round, it is proof enough for any man in his senses that we have made no motion at all. ” - William Carpenter, “100 Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe” (80)
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat, Motionless and Outer Space is a Hoax!

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 am

You guys, please take a few minutes to watch these easy to understand short videos. I promise that if you watch them with an UNBIASED objective mind, you will be convinced that the ball earth theory is bollocks, based on science, reason, and simple common sense.

Conclusive proof that the earth is not a round ball (only 15 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qer1KF6epB8

True World - Flat Earth Documentary (only 30 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfMZ9sDXAp0

They are well presented and easy to understand. The second one contains some mind blowing things that will make your jaw drop and run a chill up your spine, such as how NASA has 30,000 satellites up in space yet cannot even take one normal photo of the Earth without using CGI, photoshop and composite imaging. Holy smokes! Something smells awfully fishy about that!

Here are the videos embedded.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qer1KF6epB8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfMZ9sDXAp0[/youtube]
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23591
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest