Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby mattyman » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 pm

I missed most the replies but surely, this is a joke thread about conspiracy theories or a bit of leg-pulling?

For anyone who's idiotic to believe in flat earth theory, may I quote;
If you had a high quality instruments for detecting light on flat land you would be able to see the lights at night coming from other places really far away such as other continents, this is taking into effect the mask of the atmosphere as well.

and
The reason a lot of the images are composite now is that most satellites that NASA uses are in low-earth orbit or geostationary orbit, thus too close to get full-earth pictures.

People who believe in flat earth are generally too stupid to even think about things like this.

Flat earth theory, this is sounding like new-age quackery taken to an extreme that I never knew existed. How much exploration have new-age quacks ever done? How much understanding of physics do they have?

This is surely about the topic of conspiracy theories, not debating whether the world is flat or not?
mattyman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 pm







Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Tue May 17, 2016 11:41 pm

I have to admit I am not the sharpest in the world because I have posted on this thread a few times, how could this go on for 23 pages. It goes to show how stupid some of us really are and in this day and age it is sad.

Winston this is embarrassing for your site for sure and especially you .

Here is more proof, the cruise missile was designed to hug the earth close to the ground so you cannot see it till it is to late, you might see it like 50 miles out where as if it flew in at say 35,000 feet you would see it from hundreds of miles away. Why else would they design it like that ?


I am like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 12:25 am

Ghost wrote:I propose a new theory: Wucentrism. This is the theory that the world revolves around Winston. In the Wu-verse there are four forces:

Gravity
Conspiracy Theories
Bargirls
Murphy's Law


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , that is how you know Winston is an American, Americans are the only ones this dumb in the sciences today....And a China Man at that, embarrassing as hell for the Asian community.

He loses all credibility with such falsehoods, people read his Moon stuff and then read this and are like :lol: :lol:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby The_Adventurer » Wed May 18, 2016 1:25 am

The_Adventurer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGx1zs0k4qw

Save this Engineer from becoming a Flat Earther!


I see two more pages of name calling and snarky comments, but no one seems to want to directly answer the points these guys make. If they (meaning people like this engineer) are so stupid, shouldn't it be easy to shut them down?
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 am

The_Adventurer wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGx1zs0k4qw

Save this Engineer from becoming a Flat Earther!


I see two more pages of name calling and snarky comments, but no one seems to want to directly answer the points these guys make. If they (meaning people like this engineer) are so stupid, shouldn't it be easy to shut them down?


Why don't you shut down the 2 pages since you last posted ?, there really is nothing else to say. A radar would see the continents plain as day thousands of miles away if the earth was flat.

Why do you think they have to do triangulation with satellites from space to see the entire planet, because the earth is a round sphere...
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby The_Adventurer » Wed May 18, 2016 2:10 am

Moretorque wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGx1zs0k4qw

Save this Engineer from becoming a Flat Earther!


I see two more pages of name calling and snarky comments, but no one seems to want to directly answer the points these guys make. If they (meaning people like this engineer) are so stupid, shouldn't it be easy to shut them down?


Why don't you shut down the 2 pages since you last posted ?, there really is nothing else to say. A radar would see the continents plain as day thousands of miles away if the earth was flat.

Why do you think they have to do triangulation with satellites from space to see the entire planet, because the earth is a round sphere...


Wouldn't flat earth universe simply say that satellites in space don't exist? So it is all fake.

You're asking the wrong person to try to shutdown anything. Before this thread I never gave this issue any consideration. My only point is that , just like the flat earth people say in their videos, those who are against it simply resort to name calling , say they're crazy, or stupid, but no one actually talks about any of the points.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 3:12 am

The_Adventurer wrote:
Wouldn't flat earth universe simply say that satellites in space don't exist? So it is all fake.

You're asking the wrong person to try to shutdown anything. Before this thread I never gave this issue any consideration. My only point is that , just like the flat earth people say in their videos, those who are against it simply resort to name calling , say they're crazy, or stupid, but no one actually talks about any of the points.


We are going directly to the source point that cannot be shut down, you would have images of one continent from another continent using modern technology such as 1 Radar, 2 Infrared ,3 visible light and you would be able to see the land masses directly from one another thousands of miles away.

Your computer doesn't exist, the stupid post you made doesn't exist. Adventurer your having a bad LSD trip so get some rest!
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Ghost » Wed May 18, 2016 3:58 am

The_Adventurer wrote:Wouldn't flat earth universe simply say that satellites in space don't exist? So it is all fake.


And that's the problem. Flat earthers want the right to disregard every piece of evidence as fake while simultaneously having the right to make up shit on the fly and have their bullshit be taken as legitimate evidence. Ditto for the moon landing hoaxsters. The level of intellect they have is no more than that of the SJWs, who shout "sexist! racist!" whenever someone presents facts.

Because as long as they feel that God made the earth flat, then it must flat. As long as they feel that an astronaut was lying, then he must have been lying.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 4:11 am

Update here, I am realizing just how dumb I am as well.

All you would need is a small radar on a fishing boat off the east coast of the US and point it towards Europe and the whole screen would fill up with land mass, why does this not happen ? because there is nothing there so the Radar photons go shooting directly out into space because the land mass of Europe is arced over to the other side of the planet....

Why would they have Nautical miles for sea going as well ?
Last edited by Moretorque on Wed May 18, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 4:14 am

We need to start operation destroy all Christers, then maybe the earth can make some progress......
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 4:25 am

Ghost wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:Wouldn't flat earth universe simply say that satellites in space don't exist? So it is all fake.


. Ditto for the moon landing hoaxsters. The level of intellect they have is no more than that of the SJWs, who shout "sexist! racist!" whenever someone presents facts.

astronaut was lying, then he must have been lying.


Lets here your facts on the Moon landings, come on now. There is more evidence that the lunar module was a fake and the landings were set in a studio rather than they went to the moon.

I will start with one fact about it, try to find plans of any sort on the life support system the lunar lander module used to keep the occupants alive. This is just 1 of many many problems with the official moon hoax story.

The Saturn 5 was real but what sat atop it was nothing but typical credit monopoly fraud!
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby droid » Wed May 18, 2016 4:32 am

Moretorque wrote:The Saturn 5 was real but what sat atop it was nothing but typical credit monopoly fraud!


Ok now you're really pushing it by convoluting things like a shill.
The only nonsense i haven't read in these threads yet is that the fake rockets spread "chemtrails", before crashing into the ocean of course.
Image
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby halnovemila » Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

Quick answer to Winston.
The earth is a spinning ball because that explanation is the "most reasonable" that "explains" without flaws the phenomena we can all observe, like night and day, and seasons clycles and climates.
As far as I've seen, the flat earth theories simply can't properly explain those phenomena if not in a very strange way, that would require a lot of distortions on what we actually observe (for example, the idea of a "spot light sun", would require a circular night/day borders, so that the sun would "rise" at different times for places that are the same north to south line, or same "radius").
Lack of experience on lighting and 3D modelling can make lot of people to believe that a spot light source could simply "disappear" from the sight as soon as the observer falls out of the spot light, which is actually completely wrong, as you can well see a spot light source, especially if miles above earth, even if the light isn't direct to the place where you are.
I do believe in the "ball spinning" theory because it's simply much more "reasonable" than the "flat earth" theory; because it "matches" much better and with a simply and smooth explanation (that doesn't require a lot of "exceptions" to the general observed phenomenas, like all other planets are rounds, but earth it's not) what we can observe.
That said I want to share here a case of "debunk" that I personally done, on an episode of Investigation Discovery ("ID") that after my debunk has been removed from youtube (at least I can't find anywhere anymore the video, despite I did search for days, and I've wrote many comments on that video).
The video was about a UFO sighting case, and the "investigators" tried to "prove false" the UFO photo provided by the witness with the help of a so called "digital image expert".
The said expert stated that the UFO pic was a result of a photo editing because, by playing with the pic colors, he found a "rectangle" surrounding the UFO object and that WOULD BE THE PROOF that the UFO is been "pasted" on the pic.
I wrote (on the video comment) that the so called "expert" is indeed ignorant, because he doesn't even understand the basic of JPEG compression which causes that well known "blocks artifacts".
I've been able to replicate myself the "rectangle" around a "round object" without any "copy/paste" but just as result of image JPEG compression, and I then published it (on the comments to the video)

this is a snapshot and closeup of a frame of the said ID episode that has "disappeared" from youtube
Image
Such ID episode is 43 mins and 24 seconds long, and it was starring the popular Mexican journalist and leading ufologist Jaime Maussan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Maussan).
If someone can find it I would be very surprised and happy, because I wrote a lot of comments to that video.

This is a digital image I made myself, with a cloudy background and a small dark circle (NO COPY/PASTE!) and a high JPEG compression rate.
Image

This is a closeup of the same image, after I've color inverted and I played a bit with the colour curves.
The rectangle surrounding the dark circle is clearly visible.
Image
halnovemila
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby droid » Wed May 18, 2016 9:08 am

Winston wrote:
droid wrote:My question is, what exactly would constitute sufficient "proof" for you? without you saying that it was "staged" "faked" or something like that?
What would get you to say "oh ok i think there is 95%+ probability of the earth really being round" ?

I already answered that many times. Anything that can be constituted as evidence would be great.
............
............
............


Holly smokes, where to even begin?
I understand you need to troll your own forum once in a while to keep it alive$$. But there's a limit man.
You bury the opposition in so much junk that it would make it a full time job to address it all, cornering the discussion.
Again, all because to you, more-material = truth lol

But lets entertain it :D :wink: . I actually love this thread haha.

Winston wrote: Why do I need to define what is evidence to you? If you want me to give you some ideas, well for one thing, some photos of the Earth from space would be nice. Or videos of the Earth rotating from space too. As mentioned before, there is only one photo of Earth from space, that one taken in 1972 with Africa shown in front. No others in NASA's 50 years of space exploration history. That is very odd and suspicious? Don't you think? Come on. Admit it.

Another proof I'd accept is if you'd take me on a plane across Antarctica to the other side. If you can do that, and we reach the continents on the other side according to the globe model then yes that would be proof of the globe model. Can you do that? Oh wait, let me guess, Antarctica is so cold that the plane's engines would freeze in midair right? lol. Always excuses, excuses. Try to use some critical thinking for once. Apply your skepticism toward NASA too, not just the flat earthers. Don't just take their word for it.


Of course you need to make clear what would be appropriate proof, since you are the one blatantly ignoring or denying every piece of presented evidence, so it literally "begs the question" lol
So not only do you lie, but basically you are attempting to end the dialogue and shut down discussion here, since

1- Only NASA or similar agency can take the requested photographs, but anything presented by NASA et al is fake. thus moot.
2- None of us can afford to take you for a ride across Antarctica, therefore we can't "prove" to you that the earth is round.

Does this mean that before flight we were all condemned to not make any deductions without leaving the ground? Do you really need to "see" everything with your own eyes to gain a reasonable acceptance of its existence Winston? Let that alone speak for itself.

You have repeatedly:

1- ignored the fact that that stars rotate ccw on the northern hemisphere and cw on the southern hemisphere. Something you can observe WITH YOUR OWN EYES
2- ignored the fact that airline travel times DO NOT MATCH the Flat earth model at all. And you will, it seems, reject the task of checking one or two flights for yourself, settling for the dishonest they're-in collusion line or things to that effect.
3- ignored the fact that airline flights actually do not have to fly over antarctica, as i demonstrated with the lines on google earth, which you just called "bogus".
4- ignored the fact you can take an 8" telescope and see for yourself the curvature of the moon, mountains and all
5- ignored the fact you can take an 8" telescope and see for yourself the ships and the full-sized sun going below the horizon
6- ignored the fact i demonstrated the drop of the horizon as a function of height, just calling it bogus (more on this below)

Winston wrote: The rest of the Earth images from space are obviously CGI. Anyone can see that. Even a child can. So stop the denial please. Are you saying you can't tell the difference between something real and CGI? Come on. Don't play dumb. When you saw Jurassic Park, could you tell that the dinosaurs were CGI and not real? Did you see the recent movie "Jungle Book"? If so, could you tell that the talking animals in it were CGI too? If not, then we can't have an intelligent conversation here. Even I could tell they were CGI. Why can't you? The bottom line is: CGI IS NOT EVIDENCE OR PROOF! How many times does that have to be explained to you? NASA even admits that all it's photos of the Earth after 1972 are either CGI or composites from satellites.

The Japanese recently released a time lapse video of Earth spinning, and it was clearly CGI and animated. Everyone can see that. Even you can see that. So don't deny it. I don't know who they thought they were fooling. If you think it was real, then you are out of touch with reality and have lost your marbles.
Ok now, let me show you some images Droid. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO REPEAT THIS OR COPY/PASTE IT AGAIN!
First, here is the ONLY photo of the Earth that NASA has, taken in 1972 by Apollo 17. It's known as "Blue Marble I". We've all seen it in textbooks.
https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/nasa-blue-marble-1972-from-apollo-17-small.jpg
Gee that's sure a lot of detail from thousands of miles out in space don't you think? I don't know about you, but when I'm at the top of a mountain, when I look at terrain 20 [or 30 miles away in the distance, it starts to lose its detail and color and becomes blurry, even on a clear day. Yet you can be thousands of miles in space and see that much detail of the clouds and continents on Earth? Hmmmmmm. Furthermore, why did all the Apollo Missions take only one photo? A girl taking selfies takes more photos of herself in one minute than NASA does in 50 years?! WTF?
Furthermore, Africa seems awfully big on that globe doesn't it? Not the same proportions that we see on portable globe models of the Earth. If you moved it down a little there'd be no room for Europe on that photo. lol.
Next, here is Blue Marble II, taken in 2002, which NASA admits is a composite image taken by many satellites, and not a true photo.
https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/nasa-blue-marble-2002.jpg

Now, look what happens when you zoom in on this image....... Get ready to be stunned......

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/2002-blue-marble-anomalies.png
See what's in those squares and circles? Yes, that's right. The sections in them are IDENTICAL, which means whoever put this together used the CLONING TOOL IN PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!!!!!!! BUSTED!!!!!!!! Is your spine tingling yet? lol
If you've ever used Photoshop, you'd know that the cloning tool can replicate image sections, just as you see above. For more info on those two alleged Earth images, see here:
https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/10/06/nasas-blue-marble-earth-is-a-fake/


What are you smoking? Why more lies like "First, here is the ONLY photo of the Earth that NASA has, taken in 1972 by Apollo 17. It's known as "Blue Marble I" " There are a lot more photos

Well duh the cgi sucks like you yourself have said. But at the same time you are not ready to accept all the other pics:
So what is it? you can really distinguish cgi from non-cgi , but then the non-cgi are actually cgi?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/albums
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/images17.html#MagNN

Image

I ask you particularly, what would you require so as to no consider a NASA picture fake? is that even a possibility?
What would make you say "hey they really did not doctor that"
If the pics have exquisite detail, you say something's off. If they are cheap cgi, then oh lord it's cgi.

Winston wrote: Moreover, NASA and astronomy now says that Earth is not a perfect sphere, but more like an oblate spheroid, PEAR SHAPED in other words. Does that photo above look pear shaped? No it looks like a perfect sphere. BUSTED!


You are either disingenuous or actually really ignorant. they're talking about a minimal percentage, not something visible from a pic.
At least get that kind of stuff straight, or are you really into lying here?

Winston wrote:Finally, check out this NASA photo of a small Earth in the background behind an astronaut. Notice what happens when you take this photo and turn down the hues and saturation in an image editing program. Look in the upper right corner. Yes, you got it! There is an UNNATURAL UNEVEN SQUARE around the little Earth in the background, which means that NASA ARTIFICIALLY PASTED IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! So much for your faith in the integrity and honesty of NASA!!!!!!!!!! Look who's laughing now! LOL
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GxiXbp0drSM/TxkhRp1ABeI/AAAAAAAADV0/k1nGn8dpkAk/s1600/squareearthrevealed.jpg
So you gonna be honest and admit that all this is very damaging or what?


Baloney, here's the original pic:

Image

I modified it with the editing program and there's no hidden information in there at all. If you could use photoshop you could do it yourself, but you won't, you'll just say NASA swapped the original picture, but never question the baloney 'hoax' pic, which is most likely doctored itself. But you are not ready to apply the same standard here I'm i wrong?


Now, on the horizon drop, i did take pictures from my last few flights and have seen the drop in the horizon at 30,000 feet.
Even compensating for the wing deflection, you can CLEARLY see that the horizon is lower during level flight at cruising altitude.
But of course, even though you could observe this yourself next time you fly, you will just say this is bogus and ignore it.

Image

Image

The above two pics, superimposed:

Image

Image

BONUS PICTURE:
Here you can see how the sun iluminates the clouds from underneath in the morning, proving what the flat earthers say about the sun being "low", even below the plane LMAO
(sarcasm)

Image

So as it stands, pretty much the only one here that can "prove" it to you is starchild5 by taking you in his space ship :P, but you'd say it was 'staged'.
As always, i don't expect a response. You will just ignore this for a couple of months, and then come back with a new barrage of third-grade junk lol.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 18, 2016 1:29 pm

The scary thing about the flat earth is I feel they are testing the waters to see what they can get away with on the globalized sheeple.

On the moon landings, one needs to look no further than the Lunar module itself to see it was a prop......there was no where to correctly pack the car on that thing, the lunar car was a hoax just for starters......
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest