Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Wed May 25, 2016 11:13 pm

cdnFA wrote:
Eric wrote:I probably get mad because there are more things in the Bible that teach you about good things. Like love, gentleness, understanding and patience. In kindness, trust, forgiveness and in humbling yourself. In my experience these lessons are invaluable and have worked for me in solving and facing life's most difficult problems - when Nothing else works.

I get mad when I see ignorant people bash it, and focus only on it's "flaws".
If more people practiced the overarching whole message of the Bible - the world would be a better place.

I think people don't realize that, the media shapes our understanding & our viewpoints of things, more than we realize - or would like to admit. You've probably heard it repeated somewhere, and now that's what you think of it.
Have you actually read anything in the Bible?


Are you the same Eric?

I must respect your reply even though I disagree with it. Well stated. High five.

I got about a third of the way through the OT, K-12 of Catholic schools and countless articles of the world book encyclopedia plus a general nerdy love of trivia.


There are plenty of retarded Erics around the world.....
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby halnovemila » Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 am

droid wrote:Main point here is that each mile is constructed individually and the flexibility of the materials as well as any joints easily accommodate for this.
A 100 foot railroad section just has to flex 3mm to accomodate for earth's curvature. That's why nobody even considers it, terrain slope and actual turns are much bigger considerations.
You could not build a railway that "projects straight into space" with the material gauges as designed for their intended purpose.


1000% well said! ;)
There's no such way to recognize a difference in level due to earth's curvature or terrain slope, as the terrain "level" may vary greatly on long distances.
The only way, from earth, to measure a curvarture is to use very hight poles, perfectly set perpendicular to the ground (assuming that gravity is always perpendicular to the ground) and compare the relative distances measured at the bottom and at the top of the two poles.

Image
Last edited by halnovemila on Sat May 28, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
halnovemila
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby cdnFA » Thu May 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Moretorque wrote:
cdnFA wrote:
Eric wrote:I probably get mad because there are more things in the Bible that teach you about good things. Like love, gentleness, understanding and patience. In kindness, trust, forgiveness and in humbling yourself. In my experience these lessons are invaluable and have worked for me in solving and facing life's most difficult problems - when Nothing else works.

I get mad when I see ignorant people bash it, and focus only on it's "flaws".
If more people practiced the overarching whole message of the Bible - the world would be a better place.

I think people don't realize that, the media shapes our understanding & our viewpoints of things, more than we realize - or would like to admit. You've probably heard it repeated somewhere, and now that's what you think of it.
Have you actually read anything in the Bible?


Are you the same Eric?

I must respect your reply even though I disagree with it. Well stated. High five.
What he said was reasonable. I might disagree with it, but considering past history I won't.

I got about a third of the way through the OT, K-12 of Catholic schools and countless articles of the world book encyclopedia plus a general nerdy love of trivia.


There are plenty of retarded Erics around the world.....


That wasn't what I meant. No point slamming a brah when he doesn't deserve it.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby droid » Sat May 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Another thing is that according to flat earthers the earth is 25k miles in diameter and the sun is just 3k miles high.

According to this then the sun can not possibly vanish in the horizon, as the lowest possible angle of the sun would be given
by arctan of (3/25), which is 6.8 degrees up from the horizon.

That's a pretty big angle up in your field of view, and that is even allowing for the lowest possible case.
for the ecuator, it would be 13.5 degrees...
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby OutWest » Sun May 29, 2016 3:36 am

droid wrote:Another thing is that according to flat earthers the earth is 25k miles in diameter and the sun is just 3k miles high.

According to this then the sun can not possibly vanish in the horizon, as the lowest possible angle of the sun would be given
by arctan of (3/25), which is 6.8 degrees up from the horizon.

That's a pretty big angle up in your field of view, and that is even allowing for the lowest possible case.
for the ecuator, it would be 13.5 degrees...


I'm in the states now and a few days ago we took off on a 737 with near dark conditions on the ground and flew up into the sunlight as we gained elevation over the Pacific. I have become a sailor, and when I'm off the coast I can commonly see aircraft at cruising altitude brightly illuminated while it's rather dark at sea level .
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Winston » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Image

Image
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Image


Such as when it was discovered that the earth is a sphere. People had believed in a flat earth for many generations, and so the truth of the spherical earth seemed preposterous to them.

That quote has been used to refer to just about everything under the sun.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby OutWest » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Ghost wrote:
Image


Such as when it was discovered that the earth is a sphere. People had believed in a flat earth for many generations, and so the truth of the spherical earth seemed preposterous to them.

That quote has been used to refer to just about everything under the sun.


Quite right. Sometimes a foolish idea actually IS a foolish idea and lunacy is sometimes just lunacy.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Winston » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Wow check this out! Both the Bible and Scientific Experiments say that the Earth is NOT MOVING! Look!!! First, the Bible:

1 Chronicles 16:30 (KJV)
"Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved."

Psalm 93:1 (KJV)
"The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved."

Psalm 96:10 (KJV)
"Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously."

Psalm 104:5 (KJV)
"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

But wait! Besides religion, SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS have also proven that the Earth doesn't move! Look up the Michelson-Morley experiment done in the 1890's, which Einstein admitted demonstrated a stationary Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson%E2%80%93Morley_experiment
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2011/11/earth-is-not-moving.html

“This conclusion directly contradicts the explanation…which presupposes that the Earth moves.”
- Albert Michelson

Einstein admitted that no experiment on Earth could prove that the Earth was moving or rotating, and that all experiments showed a stationary Earth. He also said that both heliocentric and geocentric models were EQUALLY valid and could explain all our observations! See below:

“I have come to believe that the motion of the Earth cannot be detected by any optical experiment.”
- Albert Einstein

"The struggle, so violent in the early days of science, between the views of Ptolemy and Copernicus would then be quite meaningless. Either coordinate system could be used with equal justification. The two sentences, 'the sun is at rest and the earth moves,' or 'the sun moves and the earth is at rest,' would simply mean two different conventions concerning two different coordinate systems."
- Albert Einstein (Einstein and Infeld, The Evolution of Physics, p. 212 (248 in 1938 ed))

But alas, Einstein was paid to promote heliocentrism. His career depended on it. So he came up with the theory of relativitiy, ad hoc (meaning made up something to fill in the gaps) to try to explain away all the failed experiments that showed no motion of the Earth.

Major figures in cosmology, physics, and astronomy (Albert Einstein, Max Born, Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Fred Hoyle, among others) are in agreement that there is no scientific way to prove either model over the other, nor any non-philosophical/theological justification for doing so, SPECIFICALLY in the context of General Relativity.

Other noteworthy physicists and cosmologists have said similarly:

Max Born said in his famous book,"Einstein's Theory of Relativity",Dover Publications,1962, pgs 344 & 345:

"...Thus we may return to Ptolemy's point of view of a 'motionless earth'...One has to show that the transformed metric can be regarded as produced according to Einstein's field equations, by distant rotating masses. This has been done by Thirring. He calculated a field due to a rotating, hollow, thick-walled sphere and proved that inside the cavity it behaved as though there were centrifugal and other inertial forces usually attributed to absolute space. Thus from Einstein's point of view, Ptolemy and Corpenicus are equally right."

George Ellis, a famous cosmologist, in Scientific American, "Thinking Globally, Acting Universally", October 1995:

"People need to be aware that there is a range of models that could explain the observations,” Ellis argues. “For instance, I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its center, and you cannot disprove it based on observations.” Ellis has published a paper on this. “You can only exclude it on philosophical grounds. In my view there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. What I want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. A lot of cosmology tries to hide that.”

Sir Fred Hoyle, Astronomy and Cosmology - A Modern Course, (San Francisco:W. H. Freeman & Co.), p. 416,1975:

"We know that the difference between a heliocentric theory and a geocentric theory is one of relative motion only, and that such a difference has no physical significance."

More information:
http://www.geocentrism.com

Other experiments that failed to prove the motion of the Earth but instead proved the opposite, that the Earth is NOT MOVING!

http://www.biblicalscholarship.net/failed.htm

"SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS. Most scientists know about the Michelson-Morely experiment - that failed to detect any movement of the earth round the sun. This had to be overcome so the Fitzgerald-Lorentz shortening of the apparatus was proposed, and eventually the paradoxical Relativity Theory was invented by Einstein to overcome this problem. However, there are three other experiments that have been deliberately ignored by universities because they support geocentricity -

(a) The Michelson-Gale experiment (Reference - Astrophysical Journal 1925 v 61 pp 140-5 - I forgot to put this reference in my book!) This detected the aether passing the surface of the earth with an accuracy of 2% of the speed of the daily rotation of the earth! Thus, the Michelson-Morely experiment detected no movement of the earth around the sun, yet the Michelson-Gale experiment measured the earth's rotation (or the aether's rotation around the earth!) to within 2%! This surely speaks volumes for geocentricity.

(b) "Airey's failure" (Reference - Proc. Roy. Soc. London v 20 p 35). Telescopes have to be very slightly tilted to get the starlight going down the axis of the tube because of the earth's "speed around the sun". Airey filled a telescope with water that greatly slowed down the speed of the light inside the telescope and found that he did not have to change the angle of the telescope. This showed that the starlight was already coming in at the correct angle so that no change was needed. This demonstrated that it was the stars moving relative to a stationary earth and not the fast orbiting earth moving relative to the comparatively stationary stars. If it was the telescope moving he would have had to change the angle. [emphasis BiblicalScholarship.net]

(c) The Sagnac experiment (Reference - Comptes Rendus 1913 v157 p 708-710 and 1410-3) Sagnac rotated a table complete with light and mirrors with the light being passed in opposite directions around the table between the mirrors. He detected the movement of the table by the movement of the interference fringes on the target where they were recombined. This proved that there IS an aether that the light has to pass through and this completely destroys Einstein's theory of Relativity that says there is no aether. It is for this reason that this experiment is completely ignored by scientists. More recently Kantor has found the same result with similar apparatus.

All these experiments are never taught at universities, so consequently, scientists, including most Christian creationists, are ignorant of this evidence for geocentricity."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Winston » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:56 pm

LOLOLOL This is funny. I'm not sure if it's serious though. LOL

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

"3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!

We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim. It's amazing how many people blindly believe in a spherical Earth, without ever having seen it for themselves! I intend to change that.

1) Jump!
Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne"
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:04 pm

The Bible is not a science textbook. Don't tell me you're going to start Bible-thumping for anti-science. :|
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Winston » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Ghost wrote:The Bible is not a science textbook. Don't tell me you're going to start Bible-thumping for anti-science. :|


True. But the Michelson-Morley experiments are very scientific and showed that the Earth is not moving, along with three other experiments outlined above. Einstein admitted all this. And other astrophysicists said that the difference between heliocentrism and geocentrism is philosophical, not scientific. See their quotes above. You gotta consider all that too. Not just cherry pick.

You really need to follow the links and see the videos I posted. Especially that new documentary called "The Principle" in the other thread. It will change science on its head and is based on results from NASA satellites that scientists are dumbfounded by and not sure how to explain away.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby OutWest » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Winston wrote:LOLOLOL This is funny. I'm not sure if it's serious though. LOL

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

"3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!

We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim. It's amazing how many people blindly believe in a spherical Earth, without ever having seen it for themselves! I intend to change that.

1) Jump!
Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne"



It is funny. It might be a good illustration of the kind of brain rot brought on in the current culture.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Adama » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:58 pm

Winston wrote:
Ghost wrote:The Bible is not a science textbook. Don't tell me you're going to start Bible-thumping for anti-science. :|


True. But the Michelson-Morley experiments are very scientific and showed that the Earth is not moving, along with three other experiments outlined above. Einstein admitted all this. And other astrophysicists said that the difference between heliocentrism and geocentrism is philosophical, not scientific. See their quotes above. You gotta consider all that too. Not just cherry pick.

You really need to follow the links and see the videos I posted. Especially that new documentary called "The Principle" in the other thread. It will change science on its head and is based on results from NASA satellites that scientists are dumbfounded by and not sure how to explain away.


He just doesn't want to believe it, Winston. You can't convince him. It isn't a matter of evidence. There is no evidence that could be sufficient. He's made up his mind that he doesn't want to believe it. That's why evidence doesn't work. All proof will be ignored.

The arguing here is moot anyway. If you want to believe it, that's one thing. Besides, who cares what Ghost believes anyway? Let him believe what he wants.

The only thing I don't get is, if someone disbelieves it so vehemently, why is there a need to argue against it whatsoever? For the sake of what? Who cares. Let round earthers believe it is a sphere. Let the flat earthers believer it is flat.

It is only information. These were not meant to be weapons. People are free to believe what they want.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:47 am

Winston, check out this one Jeranism just published. He got a hot air balloon and released it with a camera.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4Hwk17F8Y[/youtube]
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest