Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby Moretorque » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:00 pm

droid wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Never argue with your elders but you must admit Adama is a very unique case and warrants much detailed study.........

In my opinion, all flat earthers should be launched into space. Notice I didn't say anything about bringing them back. ;)

:lol: B.. bu.. but the rockets crash down far into the ocean. You just can't see it because of persspectivvvve *hand wave*

That would be sending cans of soup into orbit for StarChild.......
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Earth is Flat and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Postby TheLight954 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 am

Winston wrote:Here's another good one that explains how the Sun works on the flat earth. It addresses Ghost's question about that. Notice in the time lapse video clips that:

1) When you are at a high altitude or above the clouds, the Sun INCREASES in size and gets BIGGER than when you are at ground level. That cannot be if the Sun was 93 million miles away and a giant size! It can ONLY be if the Sun was small and close above!
2) When you are at a high altitude or above the clouds, as the Sun moves toward the horizon, it shrinks in size and gets SMALLER! Again, the sun cannot shrink in size if it's 93 million miles away! That can ONLY be if it were a small size or spotlight!
3) After the twilight sunset, the remaining light follows the departing Sun. The last glow of light does NOT fade out EVENLY over the horizon, as it should if the Sun were 93 million miles away! Gotcha!
4) As the Sun moves away it does a curve ball motion, which is exactly what you'd expect if it were moving in circles over a circular flat disc shaped Earth.
5) The video clip of the Sun moving back and forth, never setting, from Alaska during the Summer corroborates all this as well.
Etc. BINGO! You ball earthers have LOST! Now we can break out the champagne and celebrate!

Here's a point about the Sun that favors the mainstream astronomical point about the Sun being very far away from the Earth:
If you notice, while walking, the Sun always seems to follow you wherever you go, similarly for the moon. Now, would you expect the location of the Sun in the sky to remain nearly constant walking around(or better, in a car or cruise ship) if it was extremely close here?

I believe the Earth is round, but I realize that a Flat Earth is a serious possibility, and does not deserve ridicule. Out of a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being zero support at all with lots of evidence to contrary and 10 to fully supported by evidence, pretty much only possibility, I would only give round Earth a 8. Here are a few reasons, without relying on NASA's photos(as NASA has shown to us that they can promote big lies and get away with it, such as the moon landing claim), why I believe in a round Earth:

1.Jet lag - if you have traveled east in a plane, the sunrise and sunset get earlier. Similarly, if you go north(assuming you're in the northern hemisphere) during summers, days get longer, and during winters if you go north in the northern hemisphere, days get shorter. This is more easily explainable with the round Earth and spinning model than a flat Earth model.

2.Horizon lines - the horizon gets further away as you go at higher altitudes. This is easily predictable by a round Earth model, but requires a few assumptions with a flat Earth model.

3.Seasons - summers are hotter, winters are colder. This is more easily explainable with an axil tilt - basically, our sunlight output is less in winters because the angle at which the sunlight hits the earth is lower. If you don't believe me, just go up North(assuming you're in northern hemisphere) and realize that the temperature generally gets cooler.

4.What is your model of gravity in a flat Earth? I do agree that the current theory of gravity is a little weird, but that doesn't exempt a necessary explanation for a flat Earth.

On the other hand, a flat Earth does have some fair points - notably, the fact that the spinning globe is only an ad hoc explanation, and has never been proven in any way otherwise. Similarly, their claim of seeing further than the current round earth radius model predicts with a telescope(though I haven't tested it, so I'm skeptical of it).

Also, go ahead and understand Newton's first law of motion. It is what keeps the current fast spinning and moving model of Earth consistent.
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:06 am

TheLight954 wrote: I realize that a Flat Earth is a serious possibility, and does not deserve ridicule.

That's a pretty novel idea right there. Most people feel that if you disagree with this that it makes you either a great deceiver or a massive retard, if not both. They use it to destroy credibility.
Last edited by Adama on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:34 am

TheLight954 wrote:notably, the fact that the spinning globe is only an ad hoc explanation, and has never been proven in any way otherwise.

Pretty much everything is and ad-hoc explanation if you see it like that, from viruses and cpu transistors, to "invisible" long distance communications.
You don't need to personally "see" directly with your eyes to know there's a guitar under your blanket though.

The flat earthers need to "see" the earth from a spaceship, and the creationists need to "see" a dog give birth to a "non-dog" to consider evolution...
Anything other than that seems to be regarded as insufficient proof.

TheLight954 wrote:Similarly, their claim of seeing further than the current round earth radius model predicts with a telescope(though I haven't tested it, so I'm skeptical of it)

It's baloney, it's been covered on earlier here.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:24 am

Adama wrote:They use it to destroy credibility.

You did that all by yourself.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Adama wrote:
TheLight954 wrote: I realize that a Flat Earth is a serious possibility, and does not deserve ridicule.

That's a pretty novel idea right there. Most people feel that if you disagree with this that it makes you either a great deceiver or a massive retard, if not both. They use it to destroy credibility.

Adama you have never refuted what I posted about Radar technology on the oceans proving the earth is round, so please do so.

Radar signals prove the earth is round...........

I don't believe he realizes how foolish all this is as well as Winston. Winston likes to promote himself world wide as an authority on certain subjects and gets a lot right but then gets some points majorly wrong and just plainly shoots himself in the foot as far as any credibility goes in the future about anything.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Blue Murder » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Adama, come on. You've been pretty cool as of late. Please don't tell me you're going backwards and back to being a loony.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Postby Moretorque » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:44 am

Radar line of sight easily proves the earth is round with no nonsense to debate.

How they can go on and on and on and on and not see what is so obvious. :roll:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OutWest » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:18 am

Moretorque wrote:Radar line of sight easily proves the earth is round with no nonsense to debate.

Yes, it's quite obvious. That, and thousands of navigational calculations per day are based on the world being the globe it is...and no, the world being flat is not a serious possibility, and flat earthers deserve all the ridicule they get.
Flat earthers are a self selected group of mental patients.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am

Moretorque wrote:Radar line of sight easily proves the earth is round with no nonsense to debate.

You must mean spherical, because the earth could be both flat and round like a circle at the same time. :roll:
Last edited by Adama on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:44 am

Blue Murder wrote:Adama, come on. You've been pretty cool as of late. Please don't tell me you're going backwards and back to being a loony.

Not really. For most of human civilization, practically every human society there ever was believed the earth was round like a circle and flat. They knew you couldn't fall off the edge. So it isn't a loony theory. It is just one that is surrounded by great controversy.

People who believe in the Flat Earth get more slack than people who believe aliens seeded life on planet earth. There is something really different about this loony theory. Any other loony theory gets ignored, except for this one. It is perfectly plausible because, like I said, for at least 5,500 years (or until within the last 500 years if you believe otherwise), people believed the earth was flat. That is what our eyes tell us.

Science asks you to disbelieve your own eyes to believe their science. You can choose to do that. I believe my eyes over their lies. Until we can each get a ride on a rocket ship, that's what I'm sticking with.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Blue Murder » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:48 am

Adama wrote:Not really. For most of human civilization, practically every human society there ever was believed the earth was round like a circle and flat. They knew you couldn't fall off the edge. So it isn't a loony theory. It is just one that is surrounded by great controversy.

People who believe in the Flat Earth get more slack than people who believe aliens seeded life on planet earth. There is something really different about this loony theory. Any other loony theory gets ignored, except for this one. It is perfectly plausible because, like I said, for at least 5,500 years (or until within the last 500 years if you believe otherwise), people believed the earth was flat. That is what our eyes tell us.

Science asks you to disbelieve your own eyes to believe their science. You can choose to do that. I believe my eyes over their lies. Until we can each get a ride on a rocket ship, that's what I'm sticking with.

That's a darn shame. I really thought you were changing for the better. I guess Yick and Marcos really are the only two sane HA members. I'm not going to contribute anything to this debate beyond this: Shuttles and space cameras have seen and/or taken pictures of Earth, and it's always round. That's why the flat earth theory gets more flak than the alien life theory; the former is looking at the blue sky and saying it's orange.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:49 am

You assume that by the time they allow civilian tourism on a rocket ship it won't just be an elaborate VR simulation. :)
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:50 am

Moretorque wrote:
Adama wrote:

Adama you have never refuted what I posted about Radar technology on the oceans proving the earth is round, so please do so.

Radar signals prove the earth is round...........

I don't believe he realizes how foolish all this is as well as Winston. Winston likes to promote himself world wide as an authority on certain subjects and gets a lot right but then gets some points majorly wrong and just plainly shoots himself in the foot as far as any credibility goes in the future about anything.

You mistake this for a debate. This is not a debate but a discussion. I am under no obligation to prove or disprove anything. This isn't as serious as that. Believe what you want. No skin off my back. Also, anyone can insult me and my intelligence, just to prove whatever point they'd like to make.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:54 am

Blue Murder wrote:
Adama wrote:Not really. For most of human civilization, practically every human society there ever was believed the earth was round like a circle and flat. They knew you couldn't fall off the edge. So it isn't a loony theory. It is just one that is surrounded by great controversy.

That's a darn shame. I really thought you were changing for the better. I guess Yick and Marcos really are the only two sane HA members. I'm not going to contribute anything to this debate beyond this: Shuttles and space cameras have seen and/or taken pictures of Earth, and it's always round. That's why the flat earth theory gets more flak than the alien life theory; the former is looking at the blue sky and saying it's orange.

NASA is created by military intelligence and Freemasonry. You can choose to believe them if you want to. Just like you can choose to believe the media and the government. Hey, you can label me as insane. Do you think I live by popular opinion?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies, Mysteries, Paranormal