Owls: Good or bad omen?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Owls: Good or bad omen?

Post by Cornfed »

I'm convinced that this is an omen because of the type of owl this involves. I, along with many others, believe that they are the bearers of omens. Yeah, I know, you shouldn't be hanging people on the basis of these types of beliefs, but what else do we have to go on for a lot of things?

I was wandering around outside at dusk drinking a beer and contemplating nature. Some swallows were hassling me because I posed a threat to their nests. Then this owl swooped down from behind as if my head were a prey animal, but at the last microsecond pulled up sharply (I felt the wind of its wings) and headed for the nearest dense tree. It was right to do so, because a swarm of small birds, including those that had been bothering me, immediately started to gang up on it and attack it. So, after a minute, it flew away. I was startled, but felt no ill will to any of the birds.

Now what are we to make of this? Is it good or is it bad? BTW, this did really happen in real life. I really worried that it was a bad thing for a while, but now I think good. The obvious explanation is probably not the best one, because I actually like and respect these owls, and for some reason this one in particular. Any guesses?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good or bad omen?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

My wife's family in the Philippines believes the owl to be an omen of bad luck. More specifically, it predicts the death of either yourself or a close relative. I remember a couple of years ago, I first met my in-laws-to-be and while sitting outside (also, funny enough, drinking a beer), an owl appeared and flew over the roof. My wife's uncle looked uncomfortable and told me of the omen. I said I was skeptical and he told me of how an owl flew into the house of his grandfather the day before he died. The same happened to his grandmother a few years later.

The owl did not fly into the house this time, however. He made a few circles over the roof and then took off. Curiously enough, two days later we received news of the death of my wife's great-aunt. She had been very lively and active and at 68 was far from elderly. The most logical conclusion would be to say it's all a coincidence, but who knows? Perhaps owls are the announcers of a death in the family.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

The fact that the owl narrowly missed you may mean that you will narrowly avoid a tragic situation in the future. Currently, you are in danger. The owl -- the evil -- is presently sweeping in. It comes from behind you. You cannot see it coming. Perhaps someone who is a source of irritation in your life, or even an outright enemy (one of the small birds that was bothering you) will come to your aid.

Remain watchful. The danger is real, but I believe you will escape relatively unscathed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The owl is supposed to be a symbol of wisdom. Maybe it was telling you to respect wisdom? Also, almost all freethinkers and deep thinkers are night owls. I wonder why. The owl is supposed to be the wisest and the most enlightened animal.

The Illuminati have a giant owl in their Bohemian Grove ritual in California. I don't know why. You can see videos and photos of it taken by Alex Jones.

I've had birds swoop down from trees and hit the back of my head before with their claws. It hurts and is a sudden surprise and is psychologically shocking too.

Cornfed, what do you mean the flock of small birds "attacked it"? It wasn't clear what you were referring to. You mean the birds attacked the owl? Why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Owls: Good or bad omen?

Post by Winston »

If you guys wanna see a very scary omen in a movie that will haunt you, see the movie "Mothman Prophecies" with Richard Gere. In the beginning a chilling omen happens before his wife dies. It's so freaky that it will haunt you after you see the film and disturb you. In fact, the whole film is very disturbing and will leave you with a bad feeling. So be warned. You may find it hard to sleep at night after seeing it. But if you like being creeped out and disturbed and haunted, then that film is for you. The philosophical implications of the film will disturb you too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:The owl is supposed to be a symbol of wisdom. Maybe it was telling you to respect wisdom? Also, almost all freethinkers and deep thinkers are night owls. I wonder why. The owl is supposed to be the wisest and the most enlightened animal.

The Illuminati have a giant owl in their Bohemian Grove ritual in California. I don't know why. You can see videos and photos of it taken by Alex Jones.
Not really a symbol of wisdom. An owl, as a bird or antropomorphic creature, has always been one of the favourite representations of the ancient god Moloch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch. Moloch has always been associated to child sacrifice. You can imagine the rest...

As a god worshiped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a forbidden form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: "And thou shalt not let any of thy seeds (children) pass through the fire to Moloch"). In the Old Testament, Gehenna was a valley by Jerusalem, where followers of various Baalim and Canaanite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2–6).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Apparently, owls have been connected to UFO's now. See the book below. Wow. Fascinating.

The Messengers: Owls, Synchronicity and the UFO Abductee

Without question, this is a classic by one of the most exciting new authors in the UFO field today. After reading it, your view of reality will never be the same. The owl has held a place of reverence and mystique throughout history. And as strange as this might seem, owls are also showing up in conjunction with the UFO experience. Mike Clelland has collected a wealth of first-hand accounts in which owls manifest in the highly charged moments that surround alien contact. There is a strangeness to these accounts that defy simple explanations. This book explores implications that go far beyond what more conservative researchers would dare consider. But the owl connection encompasses more than the UFO experience. It also includes profound synchronicities, ancient archetypes, dreams, shamanistic experiences, personal transformation, and death. From the mythic legends of our ancient past to the first-hand accounts of the UFO abductee, owls are playing some vital role. This is also a deeply personal story. It is an odyssey of self-discovery as the author grapples with his own owl and UFO encounters. What plays out is a story of transformation with the owl at the heart of this journey.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Cornfed wrote:
November 30th, 2015, 1:10 am
I'm convinced that this is an omen because of the type of owl this involves. I, along with many others, believe that they are the bearers of omens. Yeah, I know, you shouldn't be hanging people on the basis of these types of beliefs, but what else do we have to go on for a lot of things?

I was wandering around outside at dusk drinking a beer and contemplating nature. Some swallows were hassling me because I posed a threat to their nests. Then this owl swooped down from behind as if my head were a prey animal, but at the last microsecond pulled up sharply (I felt the wind of its wings) and headed for the nearest dense tree. It was right to do so, because a swarm of small birds, including those that had been bothering me, immediately started to gang up on it and attack it. So, after a minute, it flew away. I was startled, but felt no ill will to any of the birds.

Now what are we to make of this? Is it good or is it bad? BTW, this did really happen in real life. I really worried that it was a bad thing for a while, but now I think good. The obvious explanation is probably not the best one, because I actually like and respect these owls, and for some reason this one in particular. Any guesses?
I have found even the question itself to be very informative. Thank you.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
November 30th, 2015, 2:32 am
My wife's family in the Philippines believes the owl to be an omen of bad luck. More specifically, it predicts the death of either yourself or a close relative. I remember a couple of years ago, I first met my in-laws-to-be and while sitting outside (also, funny enough, drinking a beer), an owl appeared and flew over the roof. My wife's uncle looked uncomfortable and told me of the omen. I said I was skeptical and he told me of how an owl flew into the house of his grandfather the day before he died. The same happened to his grandmother a few years later.

The owl did not fly into the house this time, however. He made a few circles over the roof and then took off. Curiously enough, two days later we received news of the death of my wife's great-aunt. She had been very lively and active and at 68 was far from elderly. The most logical conclusion would be to say it's all a coincidence, but who knows? Perhaps owls are the announcers of a death in the family.
My wife is from Indonesia. Last year, maybe three or four of her relatives died, and I didn't hear anything at all about an owl. One reason so many relatives die is because there is a lot of them. Is your wife's family big? If her family lives in the country, there are probably owls and other birds flying over houses all the time. You see one, then someone happens to die....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
December 26th, 2015, 2:18 am
Cornfed, what do you mean the flock of small birds "attacked it"? It wasn't clear what you were referring to. You mean the birds attacked the owl? Why?
Odd that this thread has been raised from the dead. To answer this question, yes the flock of mixed species small birds attacked the owl. Owls eat smaller birds and their chicks, so obviously small birds don’t like them and try to get rid of them. When the small birds sense an advantage they will attack and harass the owl to drive it away. The owl could kill any individual one of them with one strike, but to do this it needs to gain height to swoop. The small birds work in teams to attack. A team will use their superior manoeuvrability and speed over very short distances to attack. The owl will try to position itself to kill one or two of them, but by that time another team of small birds will attack it, knocking it off its stride, allowing the first team to remove themselves from danger and so on. (Sometimes you can see this but often it just looks like a melee with the owl getting its ass kicked). It is an interesting thing to watch.