Is Gravity a Myth and Hoax?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Gravity Does Not Exist and is a Hoax?

Post by fschmidt »

gsjackson wrote:Then you must have a really good reason for believing the gravity theory. I assume it's inarticulable to people, but the dog can get it.
The dog doesn't get it, but the dog has never yet given me a stupid response. There is nothing worse than a creature with the ability to talk but not the ability to think, because all such a creature does is to generate nonsense. Modern people are mostly such creatures.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking the term Jewish science referred to efforts to bamboozle the goy with incomprehensible and meaningless jargon. For all of the usual reasons. That's certainly 99 percent of what passes for academic publication today. Back in the '90s some enterprising student of academic folkways submitted a paper to a prestigious journal at, I'm sorry to say, the alma mater. It was deliberately written as total gobbledygook, but with lots of academic buzz words sprinkled in, such as "privilege" used as a verb. It was, of course, accepted for publication.
Hard science and soft science have virtually nothing in common. One cannot publish nonsense in hard science, it would instantly be shot down. What has happened recently is that hard science has ground to a halt as the idiocracy takes over and the intelligence needed for hard science disappears. Instead we have soft science which is basically just bullshit.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Newton never claimed he understood gravity. What he did was provide equations that can be used to accurately calculate the orbit of planets, the path of a projectile, etc. You just use the equations and they prove themselves reliable. It's the equations. At least, that was before the General Theory of Relativity.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Then you must have a really good reason for believing the gravity theory. I assume it's inarticulable to people, but the dog can get it.
The dog doesn't get it, but the dog has never yet given me a stupid response. There is nothing worse than a creature with the ability to talk but not the ability to think, because all such a creature does is to generate nonsense. Modern people are mostly such creatures.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking the term Jewish science referred to efforts to bamboozle the goy with incomprehensible and meaningless jargon. For all of the usual reasons. That's certainly 99 percent of what passes for academic publication today. Back in the '90s some enterprising student of academic folkways submitted a paper to a prestigious journal at, I'm sorry to say, the alma mater. It was deliberately written as total gobbledygook, but with lots of academic buzz words sprinkled in, such as "privilege" used as a verb. It was, of course, accepted for publication.
Hard science and soft science have virtually nothing in common. One cannot publish nonsense in hard science, it would instantly be shot down. What has happened recently is that hard science has ground to a halt as the idiocracy takes over and the intelligence needed for hard science disappears. Instead we have soft science which is basically just bullshit.
You don't seem to be getting the spirit of these threads. Ridicule and the argument from authority aren't going to cut it in this forum. They simply reinforce the revisionist theories. If you want to engage with the actual arguments being made and respond, wonderful. I can understand why you wouldn't want to spend the time to do that, but what's the point of these insults? They just undermine any position you take.

Agreed on the soft science point, but Corn's question about which fields actually comprise hard science is pertinent.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

gsjackson wrote:You don't seem to be getting the spirit of these threads. Ridicule and the argument from authority aren't going to cut it in this forum. They simply reinforce the revisionist theories. If you want to engage with the actual arguments being made and respond, wonderful. I can understand why you wouldn't want to spend the time to do that, but what's the point of these insults? They just undermine any position you take.
Oh, I fully get the spirit of these threads. It is the spirit of human stupidity, the spirit ridiculed by satirists throughout history. And no, I do not want to engage the spirit of stupidity. And I didn't. I first responded to Cornfed who I think understands my point. And then I responded to you only because you responded to me. The point of the "insults" is exactly to explain why I am not engaging in the general theme of this thread, just responding to specific points outside of the theme.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:
gsjackson wrote:You don't seem to be getting the spirit of these threads. Ridicule and the argument from authority aren't going to cut it in this forum. They simply reinforce the revisionist theories. If you want to engage with the actual arguments being made and respond, wonderful. I can understand why you wouldn't want to spend the time to do that, but what's the point of these insults? They just undermine any position you take.
Oh, I fully get the spirit of these threads. It is the spirit of human stupidity, the spirit ridiculed by satirists throughout history. And no, I do not want to engage the spirit of stupidity. And I didn't. I first responded to Cornfed who I think understands my point. And then I responded to you only because you responded to me. The point of the "insults" is exactly to explain why I am not engaging in the general theme of this thread, just responding to specific points outside of the theme.
What point is it you made that you think Cornfed understands? You haven't really made any "point" per se, except to note that Einstein's incomprehensible theories are consistent with the theory of gravity. And I emphasize the word theory in each case.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Even mainstream scientists don’t seem to take General Relativity seriously. They’d say they do, but then they feel compelled to explain gravity via some kind of particle mediation with gravitons and such, which of course makes no sense anyway.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Cornfed wrote:Can anything dealing subjects such as astrophysics and palaeontology be rightfully called science? Real sciences such as biochemistry function on the principle of reproducibility and none of that stuff is reproducible.
As far as I understand it, hypothesis, theory, and law are part of science, as they provide -in that order- the most plausible explanation or predictabilty (better than some magical book, talking about wizards etc). I'm a bit on the fence on the evolution thing, but that's why it's the Theory of evolution, not the Law of evolution.

Regarding the Law of gravity, this would disprove the main premise of the OP, unless it's a hoax by masonic lizzards too, of course.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

gsjackson wrote:What point is it you made that you think Cornfed understands?
It doesn't matter because it seems I was wrong about this. I really need to restrict my conversations with people to praising Allah to Muslims and ordering food in restaurants. Anything of intellectual depth, I should only discuss with my dogs. Human intelligence is basically extinct.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:Even mainstream scientists don’t seem to take General Relativity seriously. They’d say they do, but then they feel compelled to explain gravity via some kind of particle mediation with gravitons and such, which of course makes no sense anyway.
Gravitons? What does this have to do with General Relativity. Gravitons are part of quantum physics which Einstein hated because it made no sense to him. Relativity actually makes sense. Quantum physics doesn't, but Einstein is wrong here because the fault isn't with quantum physics but rather with the human mind which isn't designed to understand things that are too far from our realm of experience. These things we can only describe with math, and accept our mental limitations.

Anyway, I am an idiot for posting this here, I really should be explaining this to my dog.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Even mainstream scientists don’t seem to take General Relativity seriously. They’d say they do, but then they feel compelled to explain gravity via some kind of particle mediation with gravitons and such, which of course makes no sense anyway.
Gravitons? What does this have to do with General Relativity. Gravitons are part of quantum physics which Einstein hated because it made no sense to him. Relativity actually makes sense. Quantum physics doesn't, but Einstein is wrong here because the fault isn't with quantum physics but rather with the human mind which isn't designed to understand things that are too far from our realm of experience. These things we can only describe with math, and accept our mental limitations.

Anyway, I am an idiot for posting this here, I really should be explaining this to my dog.
Quantum physics leads to things that actually function, like microchips. Relativity leads to .......... a bamboozled public?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yes, all kinds of shaming if you disagree with the herd who readily accept lies as truth. Ridicule. Slander. Shame. Insults. Malignity. Just because, oh, because we're [insult].

This is a symptom of pride. Destroying others because they disagree with them is what prideful people do. Exalting themselves above the heavens as judge to condemn the souls of others, thinking they're God. They can't humble themselves and agree to disagree or respect or keep silence. They insist upon verbal murder while claiming the moral high ground for doing it. Declaring their targets guilty and themselves as the judge of truth and righteousness to execute those who don't do what they're told, to agree with him.

That is pride. That's why I don't care what people believe. I don't care if people care what I believe. I do expect to be able to talk without being likened to a dog. That's verbal assassination. It's just another person's opinion. Yet they must be verbally assassinated for it.

And why would anyone talk to someone they said they would never talk to? I just don't understand.
Last edited by Adama on September 7th, 2017, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

droid wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Can anything dealing subjects such as astrophysics and palaeontology be rightfully called science? Real sciences such as biochemistry function on the principle of reproducibility and none of that stuff is reproducible.
As far as I understand it, hypothesis, theory, and law are part of science, as they provide -in that order- the most plausible explanation or predictabilty (better than some magical book, talking about wizards etc). I'm a bit on the fence on the evolution thing, but that's why it's the Theory of evolution, not the Law of evolution.

Regarding the Law of gravity, this would disprove the main premise of the OP, unless it's a hoax by masonic lizzards too, of course.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment

The Cavendish experiment is taken up by flat earthers, who attempt to debunk it. I forget the argument, but it seemed slam dunk. Even taken at face value, the experiment isn't particularly compelling, and apparently hasn't inspired similar experiments in 220 years.

Evolution doesn't even qualify as a scientific theory, as I understand the term. A scientific theory must have predictive value. What does evolution predict, that we will grow cell phones attached to our hands? It's a fanciful account of natural history, unsupported by the fossil record except in the narrow confines of micro-evolution within a species.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That's a lot of hand-waving lately gsjackson, care to provide a link at least?

I think a theory doesn't necessarily have to be predictive, at least in a testable forecasting way. i.e. the most plausible theory on how the grand canyon was formed etc.
To be clear, 'predictive' may refer as well to what is expected of it when new facts are found. the theory is further supported or gets debunked so to speak.

Again the point is, what would be the alternatives? Magic books describing sky wizards? Those don't work because their -respectable- very premise is un-scientific i.e. faith
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

droid wrote:That's a lot of hand-waving lately gsjackson, care to provide a link at least?

I think a theory doesn't necessarily have to be predictive, at least in a testable forecasting way. i.e. the most plausible theory on how the grand canyon was formed etc.
If a theory doesn’t predict anything, how can you test it and what use is it? Say you have the theory that everything happens because of the whims of some omnipotent god. That explains everything, is perfectly plausible and might be true, but how would you test it? To test something the theory needs to exclude some outcomes so you can say it is wrong when you run experiments if you don’t get the expected results, and this theory excludes nothing. Also, what use is it? If it excludes nothing, how can you adjust your life to take advantage from the insight gained by the theory?
Again the point is, what would be the alternatives? Magic books describing sky wizards? Those don't work because their -respectable- very premise is un-scientific i.e. faith
That stuff is actually more useful than your understanding of science.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

MEANWHILE IN THAILAND :twisted:
Proof Gravity Exists:
White boys are falling from tall buildings :evil:
https://www.farang-deaths.com/cause/falling/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM
I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I've seen the toughest all around.
And I know, baby, just how you feel.
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
Oh can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean?
Might as well jump. Jump!
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, jump. Jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Aaa-ohh Hey you! Who said that?
Baby how you been?
You say you don't know, you won't know until you begin.
Well can't you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen.
Oh can't you see what I mean?
Go ahead, jump.
Go ahead, jump.

[Guitar solo]

[Keyboard solo]

Go ahead, jump.