Astrologer Debunks Skeptic - Why I think Astrology is real

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A hard core media skeptic named Michael Shermer conducts an experiment on his show with an astrologer, Jeffrey Armstrong, and the results end up being a major victory for astrology, showing it to have real validity and not just about generalities that apply to everyone.

You can watch the segment on YouTube here:

Watch the clincher at the end!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've always known that there was something to astrology, even though it's scientifically impossible by conventional laws of physics.

I've always had a kindred spirit and comfort zone with Cancers, for instance, that I didn't have with other signs. This was proven time and time again. In fact, there have been several occasions where I knew a person I just met was a Cancer even though they NEVER told me their birthdate or sign! I swear it.

Also, during my years of traveling, I find that an unusually high percentage of females I meet tend to be Aries. I'm talking a much higher percentage than a chance rate of 1 out of 12. Perhaps Aries signs are the most likely to talk to strangers? I don't know, but there's no denying that I meet them the most often.

Therefore, the skeptics like James Randi and John Stossel of ABC who claim that Astrology is all about general claims that apply to anyone is WRONG in my view and reflect total IGNORANCE of Astrology on their part.

No system, even a metaphysical one, is perfect or infallible. But Astrology definitely does get SPECIFICS about a person right that chance or educated guesses do not. And I'm talking about specifics that do not apply to anyone.

It gets even more accurate when you use Indian Vedic Astrology or Chinese Purple Heart Astrology, which is based on I Ching principles. Readings from those systems have even pinpointed specific years when certain things would happen in my life which came true, as well as specific addiction and talents that I possess, which do NOT apply to most people.

Simply put, the skeptics are wrong. What they say, even though it's scientific, goes against my firsthand experience. And it's unfortunate that they are too closed minded to admit that there are forces in the multi-dimensional universe that they don't understand.

This video is a great example of that too.

To view my treatise debunking almost every argument of paranormal skeptics and debunkers, see:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Contents.htm

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on February 23rd, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I was always a skeptic of numerology, but I listened to this broad on coast to coast and tried out her number system on her website and in actuality the numbers that cam up generally match my personality which is weird. You can try it here:

http://www.numberslady.com/num.cfm
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've seen such systems in Numerology books too. They were accurate for me as well. My number said that I was a truth seeker and communicator, which is so true and is not so general that it applies to everyone, like skeptics claim.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I'm also interested in Indian Nadi Astrology. It's kinda complicated to explain but here is one of the main guys in India who does it and he gives his version:

http://www.srisivanadi.com/

Also this guy here has a web page of his Indian adventure where he went to get his reading. I actually emailed him before and briefly talked to him about it. He said his reading was fairly accurate and he had the time of his life there, a real eye opener.

http://www.centralmadison.com/india/India_1.htm

I'm hoping to make it over to India in get my leaf reading as I can sense it is there. Ever since I saw a special on TV about it, I've had this incredible urge to go there and get it done. Since its cheap to fly to India from Singapore, I can do this before I leave the Asian area within the next couple of years.

BTW. Jeffrey Armstrong charges $150 an hour or $500 for 4 hours! I should get into the metaphysical business, pays much better!

http://www.jeffreyarmstrong.com
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's software you can get to do Vedic Astrology and Purple Heart Astrology. I've seen some that run around $30. I could not find it on piratebay.org or wtorrent though.

My dad told me a good idea would be to get it and charge for readings online.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You can download it off of Demonoid, but it's only good for PC's and as I have a MAC they won't work for me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is what one of my spiritual advisors had to say about this:
"I do agree with what you say Winston but it was not until I was able to understand HOW astrology works that it began to make any sense to me.

I remember one day, I was standing in a checkout line ... in a very well to do town when the person in front of me picked up an Astrology paper. My first thought was one of surprise since they were dressed in an upscale tennis outfit and appeared to be well educated. I thought WHY would an intelligent person be interested in such things? As I stood there contemplating this I got this FLASH of insight.... direct from within .... and IT revealed .... The Universe is always finding ways to speak to each of us ... all the time. If .... we are OPEN to receive information through an astrology newspaper..then that is HOW The Universe will speak to us. IF we are more comfortable receiving information via tea leaves.. then Knowledge will come to us through tea leaves.. or reading bones, or palms, or.. whatever. The medium does not actually matter.... but our receptiveness to that media DOES MATTER. Truth can be read on the back of a cerial box... for those who have the eyes to "see" it.

A problem often arrises though when people try to INTERPRET the message. If we try to interject our own desires and THINKING process into the mix it can easily get garbled. There is a huge difference between pure information from one's Higher SELF and the THINKING process of our finite minds, which is typically tainted with desires and erronious beliefs. To hear the PURE message we need to be detached from our desires and fears.

It's a bit like when we're taking a test and we're not sure of the answer. Typically the first answer that "pops" into our minds is the correct one.... but as we allow our thinking (intellectual) minds to doubt, ruminate and ponder.. that can take us away from the pure spontanious answer. This spontanious knowledge, from our all knowing Higher SELF, without any intellectual effort, is called umesha .. a bursting forth of Pure Consciousness.

I might have mentioned before how I once asked The Master how these particular "Contemplation Cards" were always SO "right on". It was beyond uncanny how accurate they were.. so I knew they worked .. but I wanted to know HOW.
The Master revealed... there is nothing ON the Card. The Mind puts it there. In fact..there is NO CARD!... well... I finally got it... it is the power of the mind which creates ALL physical as well as non physical experiences, be they individual or shared. Everything happens from WITHIN.

This is why those great BEings such as Jesus, Krishna and The Buddha, etc.. continually taught their students to look WITHIN... because there lies the source of all experience. Higher SELF ( Pure Consciousness) becomes the mind (non physical/non local) and the mind then creates everything we experience.. be it individually or shared, physical or non physical.

We believe what the senses report to us and so perceive a rock, or whatever .... as being a physical thing that has an independent existance outside of ourselves.. but really it doesn't, just as a dream does not have any REAL existance outside of ourselves even though we are typically totally convinced.. say during a nightmare..that the "monster" actually exists. Well, in a way it does .. it exists as a creation of our own mind which we then experience. We awaken from dreams and say.. OH that wasn't "real". In much the same way we eventually AWAKEN from this experience of LIFE... as individual beings, and as rocks, other people, etc. having an independent existance outside of us. Ultimately we "see" that nothing exists independently from our True unlimited Self.
We come to recognize... I AM THAT.
Peace, Faith"
I do agree with her that some things out there are messages that our subconscious mind or higher self is telling us. I've also experienced what she said about when we have choices and the first one that pops in our head is correct but then I think about it and end up picking the wrong answer. That's happened to me plenty of times. However, I do not buy it when New Agers, spiritualists or mystics say that nothing out there is "real" and that it is all a creation of our mind. For example, bullets can kill you and they are real, whether you think they are or not. And once they kill you, the effect is permanent. That's not an illusion or wishful thinking.

But then again, maybe she's talking about something our minds can't fathom. I'll send my comments to her and see what she has to say.