Reincarnation and Past Lives - Compelling Cases That Can't Be Explained

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Reincarnation and Past Lives - Compelling Cases That Can't Be Explained

Post by Winston »

Check out this story of a man who remembers his past life as a Civil War Colonel. At the end is a stunning clincher that makes the case very compelling! Wow!

Another good one.

Look up the research of Dr. Ian Stevenson for many more compelling cases of reincarnation and past lives. He documented many of them in his books and research after investigating them first hand in different countries.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Cases of Reincarnation that skeptics can't explain

Post by Winston »

Check out this Discovery Channel documentary about 3 compelling cases of reincarnation. It's very jaw dropping. No skeptic can debunk them. They will make you a believer. I was spell-bound when I saw this. See all 5 parts and you will be amazed afterward for sure!

Part 1 of 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz-fOKoehX8
Last edited by Winston on January 16th, 2012, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy you stupid. You are not qualified to comment on this since you have done zero research. You didn't even watch the documentary posted. To comment in this thread, you should watch it first, then assess the content rationally with an objective open mind. Otherwise, don't bother commenting at all please.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Reincarnation and past lives are compelling in many cases. But there are logistical problems with it. Let's suppose it's true. Then there would be other problems:

1. Why do some have past life memories, but most don't? Do only some reincarnate but not others?

2. What if a fetus is born, but no "souls" want to enter it? Then what?

3. Wouldn't all souls want to be born into beautiful rich families with a good life? Who would choose to be born in a war-torn country in poverty? Do souls even get a choice? If not, then who chooses? Some intelligent forces or random ones?

4. Since the world population 30 years ago was half of what it is today, where do all the "extra souls" come from? Are they new souls? Are they souls from other planets or dimensions? Or from animals and insects? If from animals and insects, then where are the souls replenishing the evolving ones coming from? Is there a first life? Or does our past have no beginning?

A lot of reincarnation believers use the "souls coming from other planets/dimensions" explanation, but that sounds like a convenient copout since anyone can just say that. But even if we take that explanation, then where are the souls replacing the migrating souls coming from? Wouldn't there have to be new souls entering in at some point, unless the population of souls always remained the same?

5. Since there are far more insects and plants then humans and animals, then would that mean that in your next life, your chances of coming back as an insect or plant are far infinitely greater than coming back as a human? If so, then no one would look forward to their "next life" would they? Or do humans only reincarnate as other humans or higher? Can an animal reincarnate as a human? If so, then couldn't it work the other way around? Buddhists believe so, but then again, you'd have the logistical problems above.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives - Convincing Cases and Stor

Post by Winston »

This news report of a boy's memory as a WWII pilot is very convincing and amazing. He got so many highly specific details right that checked out. His dad who was a skeptic was even converted after he checked out all the facts.

Part 1

Part 2

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is one of the most ironclad reincarnation cases. Jenny Cockell in England remembered her past life as Mary Sutton, who died and left many children behind. Jenny became obsessed with worry about the children she left behind as Mary Sutton so she set off to Ireland to find them. And find them she did. All her memories checked out, and they all had a reunion. This case was well documented in books and news programs. The book that Jenny Cockell wrote about it was called "Across Time and Death". I read it in the 1990's and her words were very sincere and convincing.

Here is a UK television report about her case:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

10 reincarnation stories that will blow your mind and make you a believer! This is a summary of them. It will open the most closed minds.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Amazing. Children remember their past lives with stunning accuracy. This Asian guy tells of many examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxGMzIRrtwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNAtJj8HsM

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives - Convincing Evidence

Post by Winston »

Did you know reincarnation was taught in early Christianity until the 5th century when Emperor Justinian of the Byzantine Empire outlawed it from the church? See below.

Emperor Justinian and his wife Theodora's -not to be confused with the Catholic saint with the same name- political and mundane interests were the ones responsible for banning reincarnation from Christianity. This is not a theory but historical fact. The banning of reincarnation was a political issue, not a doctrinal one. Google it and see by yourself.

Problem is, that while the Roman Church obeyed the Emperor's command - and still does - all Christians were unaware that by accepting this, they also rejected John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah, the prophet.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Evidence of reincarnation in the Bible.

http://en.144000.net/articles/by_the_em ... _bible.htm

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Reincarnation is not in the Bible under any term, not even loosely. The Bible even says plainly that it is appointed for men once to die and then the judgment.

There is LIFE in the Bible, but it is not the Buddhist/Hindu reincarnation. It is eternal life, which God will grant to all those who believe in Christ. God will destroy this earth and everything in it with fire (because this earth has been stained by sin, and the original purpose of Creation is that we should dwell with God Himself in a sinless environment).

Then He will create a new earth. All those who used their free will to choose righteousness by believing in Christ will get to live again on His new earth (and they will never sin again in the new earth). That is the life that God promises those who become His children through faith in Christ. There will be no sin in the new earth, because those who believe in Him already chose righteousness for eternity by believing in Him.

For all others (those who used their free will to choose unrighteousness by refusing to believe in Christ) there is no life after death, but only the perpetual existence of the soul in eternity outside of the presence of God, in the place known as Sheol. That is not life. That is eternal destruction and punishment for sins.

God made us in His image: 1. Our souls are eternal. It will not be erased, deleted or annihilated. 2. We each have free will to choose what we want to do.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Arthur C Clarke, a British science anticipation author, inventor, and futurist, most famous for the novel "The Sentinel" from where the Oscar winning movie "2001: A Space Odyssey", written in collaboration with director Stanley Kubrick was based, has been considered, along with Jules Verne and Isaac Asimov as the "Big Three" of science anticipation.

Clarke, a free thinker, an extremely skeptical and analytic man, after knowing and examining closely the data about children's claims of reincarnation both of England and Sri Lanka -where he lived most of his adult life-, finally surrendered to the evidence and was one of the first leading scientific writers who asserted that to refuse to accept the possibility of the reincarnation of the spirit was irrational, and along with other scientists, defied those who denied to accept his conclusions, to offer a better and more sound explanation. Obviously, no one came forward.

Clips from Arthur C Clarke's World of Strange Powers episode on reincarnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNoIvIbSvF0

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Arthur C Clarke, a British science anticipation author, inventor, and futurist, most famous for the novel "The Sentinel" from where the Oscar winning movie "2001: A Space Odyssey", written in collaboration with director Stanley Kubrick was based, has been considered, along with Jules Verne and Isaac Asimov as the "Big Three" of science anticipation.

Clarke, a free thinker, an extremely skeptical and analytic man, after knowing and examining closely the data about children's claims of reincarnation both of England and Sri Lanka -where he lived most of his adult life-, finally surrendered to the evidence and was one of the first leading scientific writers who asserted that to refuse to accept the possibility of the reincarnation of the spirit was irrational, and along with other scientists, defied those who denied to accept his conclusions, to offer a better and more sound explanation. Obviously, no one came forward.

The man who gave us satellites -- straight from his imagination to orbit in about ten years. Space technology did move at a blistering pace back then, or so it claimed.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Winston wrote:Arthur C Clarke, a British science anticipation author, inventor, and futurist, most famous for the novel "The Sentinel" from where the Oscar winning movie "2001: A Space Odyssey", written in collaboration with director Stanley Kubrick was based, has been considered, along with Jules Verne and Isaac Asimov as the "Big Three" of science anticipation.

I attended a lecture he gave when 2001 was just coming out.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But adama, there is reincarnation in the Bible remember? The Bible says john the baptist was the reincarnation of elijah. And that incident where jesus disciples asked him "who sinned that this man was born blind, himself or his parents" implies that the man had a past life.

You forgot your history. Emperor Justinian outlawed reincarnation. Not God. Early Christian theologians like origen said clearly that reincarnation was part of life.

A judgement implies a review of ones life. It doesnt mean theres no reincarnation. You never see the big picture. You try to fit everything into fundamentalism.