Why does Astrology work and reveal patterns above chance?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Why does Astrology work and reveal patterns above chance?

Post by Winston »

I have a question. I know that there must be something to Astrology, cause the patterns from it come up in my life, in a way that can't be attributed to coincidence alone. Yet there is no conventional scientific basis behind it.

So what is the mechanism behind it exactly? Anyone know? Can it even be put into words? Or is this one of those things that words can never describe?

I've always known that there was something to astrology, even though there's no scientific basis to it by conventional standards. Nevertheless, the patterns DO EXIST, and I mean patterns far above chance that cannot be explained by chance.

Examples:

- I've always had a kindred spirit and connection with Cancers, for instance. Not saying 100 percent, but at least 70 or 80 percent. The PATTERN is definitely there. Not a coincidence.

In fact, there have been several occasions where I knew a person was a Cancer even though they NEVER told me their birthdate or sign, and I turned out to be RIGHT! I swear it.

- During my travels, I found that an unusually high percentage of girls I met were Aries. I'm talking a much higher percentage than a 1 in 12 chance. Perhaps Aries are more likely to be brave enough to talk to strangers? I don't know, but the pattern is definitely there.

- Also, variations of Astrology like Chinese Purple Heart and Indian Vedic Astrology have produced extremely birth charts and predictions for my life and others that are highly specific and accurate, not general.

- And besides, we know that the power elite use it in their Occult Rituals (Freemasons, Illuminati, Bohemian Grove, etc.) so it must work or else they wouldn't be using it.

So you see, even without conventional scientific basis, the PATTERNS are still there, and I mean patterns far ABOVE chance.

Therefore, the skeptics like James Randi and John Stossel of ABC who claim that Astrology is all about general claims that apply to anyone are WRONG in my view and reflect total IGNORANCE of Astrology on their part.

No system, even a metaphysical one, is perfect or infallible. But Astrology definitely does get SPECIFICS about a person right that chance or educated guesses do not. And I'm talking about specifics that do not apply to everyone.

It gets even more accurate when you use Indian Vedic Astrology or Chinese Purple Heart Astrology, which is based on I Ching principles. Readings from those systems have even pinpointed specific years when certain things would happen in my life which came true, as well as specific addiction and talents that I possess, which do NOT apply to most people.

Simply put, the skeptics are wrong. Their explanations go against my firsthand experience. And it's unfortunate that they are too closed minded to admit that there are forces in the multi-dimensional universe that they don't understand.

Btw, check out this video where skeptic Michael Shermer gets debunked by an Astrologer on his own show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k7xa1NrCc
Last edited by Winston on July 12th, 2010, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In response to my question, a guy on the David Icke forums gave me the link to this video series called "Astrology, Architecture and Time" by an author who has a lot of esoteric knowledge in this area. It's very interesting and mind expanding. He explains why cosmic energies and alignments have a connection to the microcosm of every fibre of our being. A must hear for any esoteric truth seeker.

Here is the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfni-rKqA8E
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some excellent explanations given to me in the Above Top Secret Forum! Wow this guy really has a grasp on it!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread592526/pg1
I think the premise is that...

1) The reality that we observe is not necessarily an accurate portrayal of what really is.

2) What we perceive of as planets and stars are merely our perceptions of...something. What exactly they are doesn't matter at this point.

3) Those things radiate. What do they radiate? "Vibrations." What's vibrating? Don't know. Doesn't matter. But whatever it is, just like how ripples in a pond will affect the course of a leaf floating on the water, so too will the vibration from these plantary sources influence the path our lives take.

4) Different planets radiate at different frequencies. And just like different frequencies of light manifest a distcintly different character (Even though "red" is actually quite a broad range of individual frequencies, it manifests a character that is clearly distinct from yellow, right?) so too do planetary vibrations exhibit their own distinctive "character" in the manner in which they influence the course of a life. The "Jupiter" influence has a character that is distinct from the "Saturn" influence.

5) The "sun" that we perceive as a ball of gas in our solar system, like the planets, is similarly just our preception of a "something." In the case of the sun, that something is, generally speaking, a manifestation of our local connection with the masculine force of divinity. The "doing" principal of energy. The angle of alignment of any particular planetary influence with that force determines to some degree the "strength" with which that influence pass through us. Sort of like how the sun is "strongest" at high noon, because its rays hit us at a 90 degree angle, and so less is deflected.

6) When various alignments between occur between these various objects, interference patterns may result in their vibrations. These interference patterns may themselves influence the path of our life just like the direct vibrations themselves do.

7) At the time of our birth we are either "imprinted" with the distinct character of the sum of all vibrations available at that moment, or we as spirit-beings choose to incarnate at a time in which those vibrations are condusive to the sort of experience we seek to have. Thus, time of birth determines what sort of person we are likely to become.

8) Similarly, at any given time, the sum total of those vibrations determine what sort of experience is available to the societies, the cultures, the world, etc. The "age of aquarius" has a tendancy to exhibit a different character than any other, because those particular influences are most dominant during that time.

9) Ultimately, however, the relationship between these vibrations and the course of lives and societies exposed to them is not one of direct cause and effect, but rather, one of what experience is available. Human experience behaves like an antenna. An antenna will only receive the sort of vibrations that it is tuned to receive. Consequently, while one may have been born under the influence of a particular planetary vibration, one will only manifest its character in ones life if one is suitably tuned to receive it. Times, planets and societies will similarly only manifest events according to their ability to receive them.

At least, that's the theory as I understand it. I've never really followed astrology much.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are more examples of "patterns above chance" from another guy:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/vie ... 526&page=1
Wishful thinking? Self fulfilling prophecy? I don't know but I must admit I do take a slight interest in it. For example. I am an Aries. Never really paid attention to it until about 5 years ago. I exhibit every sign of an Arien. Egotistical, hate to lose, outgoing, dominant, a " do things my own way" type of guy.

There are certain women I am attracted to. They may not be beautiful in the conventional sense but I am almost amazed that each and every time, I find them out to be Leos! Every single girl I had a crush on in school and in the workplace have been Leos! And my are they insanely beautiful....
Of course they don't like me back but oh well!

Next, I get along great with Libras. I had counted and I have over a dozen close acquaintances that are Libras. In fact, my best friend is a Libra. My father is a Libra! And we were more than father and son, we were best friends, always hanging out, talking, going to concerts.

Get this! My son is a Libra! So makes me wonder since I know little of my grandfather...Was he an Aries?

Now my last girlfriend I had, the mother of my child, was a capricorn.

If you don't know many astrologers believe an Aries/Capricorn match is the worst possible in the Zodiac. I now believe this to be true! It was a constant struggle and we fought just about everyday.
Whats odd is Capricorn women seem to be drawn to me! I dont get compliments often, but when anyone has told me I am "hot" it is almost always from a capricorn woman!
I have about 3 girlfriends who are such and they have remarked about just that.

I do think there is something to it but its done absolutely nothing for my love life!

BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

Interesting thread. I've never been a fan of astrology but I am a very typical Scorpio and was recently given some horoscopes that weren't generalised and were scarily accurate, so I've been opening my mind up to it a little more.
Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question. - Gaston Bachelard
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pcg wrote:The mechanism of Astrology is to observe and wait for certain times of ones life to do or not do things, and to be prejudiced with individuals. Then something you hope for (most likely money and/or sex) will more easily be yours.

I spent about five years of my life studying natal charts, thinking I would get very rich by doing the certain things revealed (houses 2 and 8, and their rulers). That never happened and people with "bad" charts, worse than mine would be much richer and got laid more because of other things:

Who they knew
Their attitude
Their (lack of) setbacks
Where they lived
What race and gender they were
What they chose for work

The one constant with Astrology is, like religion, it's heavily modified by interpretation. This becomes more apparent as you get into the complexities of astrology - dwads, asteroids, septiles, yods, house systems, sidereal vs. tropical where one little aspect can throw off the meaning of the whole chart, then something different like a planetary placement throws it off again. I don't believe in Astrology anymore.
So you used to be a professional astrologer? Did you charge for it? Did your clients report that it was accurate or helped them?

How do you account for the PATTERNS in Astrology that occur above chance?

Have you heard of Michel Gauquelin's findings and statistics?

The elite use astrology too. Supposedly, they have esoteric knowledge that we don't have. That's why you see Occult symbols everywhere, behind the dollar bill, around the White House, the Statue of Liberty, etc. The Freemasons and Illuminati have owned this country since day one. If astrology didn't work, they wouldn't use it. It's worked well for them.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does Astrology work and reveal patterns above chance

Post by Winston »

Some significant things to consider:

You gotta remember that astrology is not 100 percent fiction or false. There are very REAL and CONSISTENT patterns in astrology that randomness and chance can't explain. If you study the work of Michel Gauquelin, you would see that there is strong statistical evidence to back up the reality of astrology. In fact, when the Skeptical Inquirer tried to debunk Gauquelin's work, one of their founding members, Dennis Rawlins, resigned when he found out that his organization was using dishonest fraudulent tactics and that truth was not their real agenda. So the Skeptical Inquirer failed to debunk Gauquelin's work proving astrology, and in fact their research validated it, so they tried to cover that up. That's why their founding member, Dennis Rawlins, resigned from the team and blew the whistle on CSICOP, the organization that publishes Skeptical Inquirer. Rawlins published a paper called "Starbaby" (which you can read online by Googling "Dennis Rawlins Starbaby") where he exposes what happened, and how the professional skeptics ended up validating astrology rather than debunking it.

Also, if the Illuminati and secret societies that rule our world use astrology and numerology -- and ruling elites for thousands of years have as well, from ancient Egypt and Babylon to present day -- then there must be something to it. Remember that such elites are way smarter than us and the masses, so if they take something seriously, then there must be something to it. It's a very logical assumption. However, the astrology and occult knowledge of the ruling elite and secret societies is far more advanced than the layman astrology you pick up in bookstores, and kept in the realm of hidden knowledge that only initiated ones are privy to. They even plan big events such as the JFK assassination and 9/11 around astrologically significant dates. But that's another subject matter. In general though, powerful people and billionaires use astrology and numerology. Therefore, if the most successful and powerful people use it and take it seriously, then there MUST be something to it. It's a very logical assumption. They definitely aren't fools.

Either way, patterns do exist in astrology, so there is something to it. Even practical, realistic, down-to-earth guys like Rock and Ethan_sg, and others in this forum, have noticed this, so they take astrology into consideration as well when dealing with people and relationships. And so have others here like S_Parc, Jester and Jtest28. In fact, when I was in Poland and talking to a girl on the train, I told her that I guessed she was a Taurus and she was surprised that I guessed her sign correctly. That happens sometimes too.

So you gotta keep all this in mind before dismissing something.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my astrological profile posted in another thread. Isn't it so scarily and uncannily accurate? As you can see, these are very specific things, not general things that apply to everyone like skeptics claim.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17176

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Has "The Mars Effect" been mentioned yet?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:Has "The Mars Effect" been mentioned yet?
Not here. But it's a major part of Michel Gauquelin's work. He's the French statistician who published research proving that astrology was statistically significant. He found that Mars was prominent in the birth charts of many important leaders and powerful leaders, which could not have occurred by chance. Is that what you mean by the "Mars Effect"?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Has "The Mars Effect" been mentioned yet?
Not here. But it's a major part of Michel Gauquelin's work. He's the French statistician who published research proving that astrology was statistically significant. He found that Mars was prominent in the birth charts of many important leaders and powerful leaders, which could not have occurred by chance. Is that what you mean by the "Mars Effect"?
Yeah and the fact that out of Olympic athletes, you would expect one in six to be born in the two months Mars is closest to the Earth by chance, but the real figure is apparently about one in three.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is an excerpt from my astrological profile (Leo) in a book by Aleister Crowley. It really is uncanny. I’ve bolded the most accurate parts. As an aside, it is notable that back in the day books used to address themselves exclusively to white men, as it should be.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/astrology/y ... n/leo.html
The typical cranium is neither too long nor too broad; the brow is brave and clear, with the frontal lobes well developed. The hair is usually blond, sometimes reddish . The eyes are fearless and commanding in expression, with sometimes a trace of haughtiness. Leo natives are keenly observant when in action, but often seem to sink into themselves as if they were preoccupied with their own thoughts. They are frank and challenging, seeming to regard every new person upon whom they fall as a possible enemy, but for all of that, they are immensely good-humored. The natural color is florid. The forehead is high and broad. Premature baldness, especially frontal, is very common. The nose is well formed, neither too large nor too small; as a rule it is straight, though there is sometimes a slight tendency to aquilinity. The mouth is small and well shaped, firmly held, but not pursed. The chin is more square than pointed, and the planes of the face have the characteristic flatness of the cherubic signs. The only deviation from the Greek ideal is the general shape of the face, which is square rather than oval. The body, which in youth is rather elegant, settles down towards the end of its period of growth into a robust type; activity hardens into strength. The limbs are well proportioned.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Cornfed wrote:Here is an excerpt from my astrological profile (Leo) in a book by Aleister Crowley. It really is uncanny. I’ve bolded the most accurate parts. As an aside, it is notable that back in the day books used to address themselves exclusively to white men, as it should be.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/astrology/y ... n/leo.html
The typical cranium is neither too long nor too broad; the brow is brave and clear, with the frontal lobes well developed. The hair is usually blond, sometimes reddish . The eyes are fearless and commanding in expression, with sometimes a trace of haughtiness. Leo natives are keenly observant when in action, but often seem to sink into themselves as if they were preoccupied with their own thoughts. They are frank and challenging, seeming to regard every new person upon whom they fall as a possible enemy, but for all of that, they are immensely good-humored. The natural color is florid. The forehead is high and broad. Premature baldness, especially frontal, is very common. The nose is well formed, neither too large nor too small; as a rule it is straight, though there is sometimes a slight tendency to aquilinity. The mouth is small and well shaped, firmly held, but not pursed. The chin is more square than pointed, and the planes of the face have the characteristic flatness of the cherubic signs. The only deviation from the Greek ideal is the general shape of the face, which is square rather than oval. The body, which in youth is rather elegant, settles down towards the end of its period of growth into a robust type; activity hardens into strength. The limbs are well proportioned.

Do you see? Are you a Satanist? That man thought he was Satan. He was the number one Satanist, outside of Anton Levey.

Yes, Winston, this is another doctrine of demons, just like sorcery (casting spells). ;)
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Adama wrote:Do you see? Are you a Satanist? That man thought he was Satan. He was the number one Satanist, outside of Anton Levey.
This seems unlikely as he seemed to consider himself to be one of the good guys. But, for the purpose of his horoscope being uncannily accurate in my case, it doesn't really matter. He clearly had a lot of esoteric knowledge but didn't always convey it very well.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Cornfed wrote:
Adama wrote:Do you see? Are you a Satanist? That man thought he was Satan. He was the number one Satanist, outside of Anton Levey.
This seems unlikely as he seemed to consider himself to be one of the good guys. But, for the purpose of his horoscope being uncannily accurate in my case, it doesn't really matter. He clearly had a lot of esoteric knowledge but didn't always convey it very well.

That's because he believed evil was good and that good was evil. In his mind, Satan was the good guy. He reversed them. The inverted hermeneutic. His good is actually evil, while the true good things he considered to be evil.
Aleister Crowley, self proclaimed "The Great Beast" and known by the press as "The Wickedest Man in the World", was perhaps the most controversial and notorious individuals in British History.
Crowley thought it important that the exhibit's number was 666, the number of the beast in Christian belief, and in later years termed the artefact the "Stele of Revealing".[58]
Born Edward Alexander Crowley in 1875, Crowley was a pansexual, mystic, occultist, ceremonial magician, deviant, recreational drug experimenter, poet and accomplished mountaineer who was also known as Frater Perdurabo and The Great Beast 666. He founded the religious philosophy of Thelema which enforced an idealist, libertine rule of “Do what thou wilt.” The British press named him “The Wickedest Man in the World.”
He was also rumored to be a pedophile. Don't follow the devil.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.