Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Did Jesus Rise From The Dead? Resurrection Arguments

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Did Jesus Rise From The Dead? Resurrection Arguments

Post by Winston » January 24th, 2018, 11:57 pm

Christian video presenting 4 historical arguments for the resurrection of Jesus. What do you think? Do they make sense?

Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Did Jesus Christ Exist? The issue of his historicity.

Post by Adama » January 25th, 2018, 12:59 am

Poor Winston. Unable to come to the knowledge of the truth.

kavaking
Freshman Poster

Re: Did Jesus Christ Exist? The issue of his historicity.

Post by kavaking » January 25th, 2018, 1:46 am

Winston wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 11:57 pm
Christian video presenting 4 historical arguments for the resurrection of Jesus. What do you think? Do they make sense?

Winston, look up Tacitus on Christ. Tacitus was a Roman historian. He talks about Yeshua(Jesus) in his writings called "The Annals". There is debate about the authenticity of these writings, but most scholars agree that they are authentic.
Feminism must be stopped!

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Re: Did Jesus Rise From The Dead?

Post by MrMan » January 25th, 2018, 4:46 pm

We've got fragments left from that era, not a complete report from every Roman governor. Historical documents are bits and pieces that were passed on to us.

The Roman guards lay there as dead men, probably unable to move, in the presence of the angels.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 26th, 2018, 4:38 am

@Adama , @MrMan , I don't understand something. If Jesus rose from the dead, then why didn't the Romans notice? Why didn't Roman guards arrest him again and try to crucify him again? Why didn't Roman historians record the event, at least during the year it happened? I don't think Christians have answered this question yet.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 26th, 2018, 4:41 am

This is a good Christian apologetic video that goes over every theory about the resurrection of Jesus proposed by all the critics and analyzes them in detail to see if they fit all the evidence and data. It's very meticulous and left brained for those who like left brained analytical thinking. lol

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama » February 7th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Winston wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 4:38 am
@Adama , @MrMan , I don't understand something. If Jesus rose from the dead, then why didn't the Romans notice? Why didn't Roman guards arrest him again and try to crucify him again? Why didn't Roman historians record the event, at least during the year it happened? I don't think Christians have answered this question yet.
He was only revealed to His believers. His resurrection was not revealed to the greater public until after He ascended into heaven.