Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

What’s the truth about heaven and hell?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

What’s the truth about heaven and hell?

Post by Pinayhunter » January 20th, 2019, 5:14 pm

http://www.isawthelightministries.com/hell.html

Summary:
- Everyone goes through soul sleep at death
- Those who had faith and were baptized are resurrected when Jesus returns and live with Him on Earth for 1000 years. These people are guaranteed eternal life. Satan is locked up during this time
- After the 1000 years pass, the rest of humanity is resurrected. They all have 100 years to accept Jesus as their Savior. Satan is again unleashed and allowed to deceive people. Most people will end up getting saved during this time.
- After the 100 years, those who still reject Jesus are consumed by fire along with Satan and his angels. They cease to exist.
- Everyone else lives in a kind of paradise on Earth, just like how it was before Adam and Eve ate the apple.

What do you think? I’d like this to be true, but I have my doubts. It’s the first time I’ve read about this version of heaven and hell. It also goes against all the heaven/hell testimonies on YouTube.

Neo
Freshman Poster

Re: What’s the truth about heaven and hell?

Post by Neo » January 20th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Baptism is a commandment. We are not saved by completing the commandments but by our faith in Christ. Keeping the commandments is to please God, but it doesn't save.

Neo
Freshman Poster

Post by Neo » January 21st, 2019, 12:46 am

By the way, there is no literal soul sleep. When a person dies, they either go to hell or to heaven. There is no state of suspended animation or waiting period.

The bodies of the believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming of the Lord.

Soul sleep is one of those false doctrines, along with work salvation.

Pastor Steven L Anderson has done a whole series on the End Times prophecies and the Book of Revelation. You can find him on YT under Sanderson1611.

Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter » January 21st, 2019, 5:19 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check it it out.

I’m still wrestling with this idea of hell. Knowing most people are going to be in excruciating pain for all eternity - their flesh melting off the bones, the feeling of suffocation, extreme thirst, starvation, complete isolation.

Knowing this place exists makes everything on Earth seem so trivial. How can I even go play tennis or something?

Neo
Freshman Poster

Post by Neo » January 21st, 2019, 9:51 pm

Pinayhunter wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 5:19 pm
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check it it out.

I’m still wrestling with this idea of hell. Knowing most people are going to be in excruciating pain for all eternity - their flesh melting off the bones, the feeling of suffocation, extreme thirst, starvation, complete isolation.

Knowing this place exists makes everything on Earth seem so trivial. How can I even go play tennis or something?
People don't go to that place by accident. A person has to debase himself or herself to such a terrible degree so that God no longer wants them. The wages of sin is death. The repayment or earnings of sin is death. In other words, God wants everyone to go to heaven, and if a person hasn't destroyed himself, then it is likely he will eventually get saved.

Just remember, salvation is by faith alone; baptism is work. Trusting in works is not placing complete faith in Christ.

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster

Post by flowerthief00 » January 21st, 2019, 10:34 pm

The truth, if you're ready for it, is that these concepts are a drug invented by man to cope with the injustice of a life that is nasty, brutish, and short. If you're not ready for the truth, if the drug seems to be helping, I guess keep taking it. It was invented for that purpose.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » January 21st, 2019, 11:38 pm

Shit doesn't exist. It's a figment of one's imagination.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB