Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


About my personal battle with Christianity...

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:30 pm

odbo wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:What concerns me is the notion of having a YouTube video answer for every problem. What if someday you are faced with a situation and there is no YouTube video to tell you what to do?


People are so dumbed down now that they can't handle data, (especially in the form of text) thrown at them. Show they some documents and you'll just get a puzzled look. They're also severely conditioned. For example if I mention the word satanist, according to the brainwashed masses particularly the egotistic jackasses (i.e. GlobeTrotter) it instantly means I'm a religious nut-job or "stupid Christian". I'm not even religious in ANY way but that's besides the point.

Hence the youtube videos, which also appeal to the right-brain thus bypassing some of the conditioned mental barriers and lack of intellect, increasing the likelihood of invoking some clarity. There are some seriously great user-made documentaries out there. Watching these as a skeptic will challenge a person to think for themself, and put concepts and questions in the mind which a Zelda playing man-child would otherwise NEVER have gotten had he lived another 200 years.

Hook wrote:You just revealed that you are a regular on GodLikeProductions. That is one of the quircks of that community that they call morons morans.


haha I didn't know about that! thanks for telling me. No I'm not a regular on there but have read several discussions over the years. I think that site has gone downhill last few years, too many trolling greenhorns caused an exodus of those with anything valuable to say.



Mister, you seem to have a major problem with me playing Zelda. If that is the case, why don't you come here and do something about it? Otherwise, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. You're sitting there complaining about stuff that you can't do A BLASTED THING about. Like these conspiracies that you are so fond of: You're whining and complaining about things that YOU CAN'T DO A BLASTED THING ABOUT! Even if those conspiracies were true, they've been going on for years, so one person will not be able to stop it. Stop whining and complaining about things you can not do anything about, and just live! Stuff like that will drive you crazy, sir, especially if you can not do anything about it. I decided long ago that I was just gonna live and not worry about these conspiracies, and when my time comes, my time will come, and no force in the universe will prevent it. I am not gonna spend my life fretting about things that I can not stop anyway. It's like I said in my previous post: If you want to spend your life being a hyper-paranoid conspiracy theorist, then that's your issue. I will not slam you for it. Likewise, I expect the same courtesy from you. In your world, playing Zelda is for children (luckily, I do not live in your world). That is your opinion, and I will not slam you for it. However, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me such things just because I do things in my spare time that you do not agree with.
Last edited by The_Hero_of_Men on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)







Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby MrPeabody » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:22 pm

odbo wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:What concerns me is the notion of having a YouTube video answer for every problem. What if someday you are faced with a situation and there is no YouTube video to tell you what to do?


People are so dumbed down now that they can't handle data, (especially in the form of text) thrown at them. Show they some documents and you'll just get a puzzled look. They're also severely conditioned. For example if I mention the word satanist, according to the brainwashed masses particularly the egotistic jackasses (i.e. GlobeTrotter) it instantly means I'm a religious nut-job or "stupid Christian". I'm not even religious in ANY way but that's besides the point.

Hence the youtube videos, which also appeal to the right-brain thus bypassing some of the conditioned mental barriers and lack of intellect, increasing the likelihood of invoking some clarity. There are some seriously great user-made documentaries out there. Watching these as a skeptic will challenge a person to think for themself, and put concepts and questions in the mind which a Zelda playing man-child would otherwise NEVER have gotten had he lived another 200 years.

Hook wrote:You just revealed that you are a regular on GodLikeProductions. That is one of the quircks of that community that they call morons morans.


haha I didn't know about that! thanks for telling me. No I'm not a regular on there but have read several discussions over the years. I think that site has gone downhill last few years, too many trolling greenhorns caused an exodus of those with anything valuable to say.


The problem with a video is that scary music, special effects, and dramatic, excited voices can be used as a technique to cover up that there aren't any facts being presented in the video.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Have you seen my Christian deconversion story? It might give you some motivation.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm

You can use my debunking Christians treatise to defeat any arguments that they bring up too.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby odbo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:42 pm

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Mister, you seem to have a major problem with me playing Zelda. If that is the case, why don't you come here and do something about it? Otherwise, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. You're sitting there complaining about stuff that you can't do A BLASTED THING about. Like these conspiracies that you are so fond of: You're whining and complaining about things that YOU CAN'T DO A BLASTED THING ABOUT! Even if those conspiracies were true, they've been going on for years, so one person will not be able to stop it. Stop whining and complaining about things you can not do anything about, and just live! Stuff like that will drive you crazy, sir, especially if you can not do anything about it. I decided long ago that I was just gonna live and not worry about these conspiracies, and when my time comes, my time will come, and no force in the universe will prevent it. I am not gonna spend my life fretting about things that I can not stop anyway. It's like I said in my previous post: If you want to spend your life being a hyper-paranoid conspiracy theorist, then that's your issue. I will not slam you for it. Likewise, I expect the same courtesy from you. In your world, playing Zelda is for children (luckily, I do not live in your world). That is your opinion, and I will not slam you for it. However, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me such things just because I do things in my spare time that you do not agree with.


Dear Sir,
The bible is the elite's blueprint for taking over the world. If you can't see all the "prophecies" being fulfilled at an ever increasing pace, there's not much that can be done for you. To call the greatest book ever written "bogus" is being a bit daft to say the least. The teachings of Jesus are how to be a good person, Christian values are freedom and individuality. Is it any wonder why for the last 2000 years various powerful factions in Europe have been feverishly trying to hack away at it? The contradictions like vilifying knowledge and telling Christians to turn the other cheek instead of defending themselves effectively act as control mechanisms. The bible was manipulated.. to put it conservatively. It was not meant to be taken literally, you're supposed to come to your own conclusions.

Generally speaking, almost without exception, if you go to church for Christianity, you may as well go to the brothel to attain virginity.

The tree of knowledge story is but one of many clues in the bible. As I mentioned before, when you cut an apple at it's equator, you will see a pentagram, the symbol for Luciferian knowledge. It''s also on the leaf portion of oranges and mandarins. Serpent is a synonym for satan. The symbol of socialism is the pentagram, the red star. The soviet union was atheist for the masses, satanic for the rulers. (Esoteric vs exoteric.. or more bluntly, reality vs make belief). All these religions and all this occult nonsense has but one goal, total control.

Image
Image
Image


At your age, you should be exploring everything. Developing your convictions. Not sitting around playing games that were created for the sole purpose of occupying your time (bread and circuses).

You don't know what evil is. You don't know what Christianity is! What are you doing developing an opinion on it?

It would be amusing, if it wasn't so annoying, to watch idiots run back & forth between total devotion to some organized religion they don't know the history of (Catholicism or some tangent of another bastardized version of Christianity), and total devotion to atheism which again they have no background knowledge of. To me it's the same as watching some immoral, narcissistic sluts arguing about who back-stabbed who by sleeping with eachother's boyfriend. Watching from a distance it's hard to picture why they're taking it so seriously when the same situation has obviously repeated itself many times in their lives. Sluts aren't supposed to be taking the moral high-ground. Why not have an orgy with all parties involved and get it over with? Likewise, why is a person who obviously doesn't care about spirituality being conflicted over his choice of religion and pretending like his opinion matters? You might as well start judging dog shows out of the blue.

I got news for you buddy, you don't have the genetic disposition to be anything other than a sheep. So don't worry about it. Because whichever path you choose you'll end up being a tool which you admitted you're quite happy to be. Apparently the only people who were given the ability to think for themselves are those with negative bloodtypes. Want confirmation? Take a look at far-east Asia. 99.99% RH positive blood. Who is their most promising free thinker? Winston Wu. Enough said. What do they value? Work. Work till you drop bitch! Impress your neighbors.

Prove me wrong, cultivate yourself. If not you'll be in virtual heaven in east Asia with fellow unthinking youths. Videogames are viewed as some kind of path to enlightenment there and the best players are highly respected, not viewed as losers who drank the proverbial cool-aid and wasted their lives.

If there's one thing people really take for granted it's Christian values. Well you'll get your wish of a Christ-less west soon enough. The sheep will get exactly what they asked for, and exactly what they deserve.

Image
Image
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby well-informed » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:30 am

I'm having my personal problems with Christianity too and i admit it does have its problems. But you know what Linux, i almost feel sorry for you.

You're attention seeking ass (600 posts already of you blabbing about the death of humanity) is behind the computer thinking you know everything. You know absolutely nothing, but being a scared little bitch. You only do 3 things here in the forum

1) Post videos/pictures, on how you're brainwashed, taken over or about to be taken over by the elite
2) Then you post back just to hear yourself talk again with your supposed "almighty" answer because after all you're always right
3) Thou anyone who disagrees with you, shall be called sheep by the king of kings (yourself)

You serve absolutely no purpose here in HappierAbroad other than to scare and be negative. I know that there is an illuminati out there with evil intentions, i know. But you know what, i don't spend every single second of my life being a paranoid mental freak like yourself. People like Ladislav and Outwest (just using you guys as examples) are enjoying their time abroad and there are members here including myself that want to enjoy that level of success too. You on the other hand can't even go outside without questioning whether the air is contaminated with radiation. That's the type of paranoia that goes through your f***ing head.

The time, people spend on videogames , you spend it here talking about the same shit everyday. So you're no f***ing better you piece of shit. So Linux do yourself a favor, just kill yourself. You're are the biggest nutcase i have heard in my life. You have f***ed by the illuminati so hard ...not only can't you stand straight, you can't even gather up even a shred of positivity for your future. That's why i say kill yourself, you have no purpose in life, but to complain and cry. Pathetic waste of space is what you are
well-informed
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 am
Location: New York City

dear well-informed,

Postby odbo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 am

how many of those 200 posts of yours are thread-jacking and moaning about me?
I responded on this thread: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10562
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: dear well-informed,

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:13 am

odbo wrote:how many of those 200 posts of yours are thread-jacking and moaning about me?
I responded on this thread: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10562


I hope you don't think I have a problem with you, because I don't. As a matter of fact, I had nothing negative to say to you until you decided to call me outside of my name, just because I partake in a pastime that you do not necessarily agree with. I respect your opinion, even if I do not agree with it,.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby MrPeabody » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:18 am

I like Frank Sinatra's view of religion:

"I'm not unmindful of a man's seeming need for faith; I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels. But to me religion is a deeply personal thing in which man and God go it alone together, without the witch doctor in the middle."
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby The Arab » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:00 am

odbo wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Mister, you seem to have a major problem with me playing Zelda. If that is the case, why don't you come here and do something about it? Otherwise, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. You're sitting there complaining about stuff that you can't do A BLASTED THING about. Like these conspiracies that you are so fond of: You're whining and complaining about things that YOU CAN'T DO A BLASTED THING ABOUT! Even if those conspiracies were true, they've been going on for years, so one person will not be able to stop it. Stop whining and complaining about things you can not do anything about, and just live! Stuff like that will drive you crazy, sir, especially if you can not do anything about it. I decided long ago that I was just gonna live and not worry about these conspiracies, and when my time comes, my time will come, and no force in the universe will prevent it. I am not gonna spend my life fretting about things that I can not stop anyway. It's like I said in my previous post: If you want to spend your life being a hyper-paranoid conspiracy theorist, then that's your issue. I will not slam you for it. Likewise, I expect the same courtesy from you. In your world, playing Zelda is for children (luckily, I do not live in your world). That is your opinion, and I will not slam you for it. However, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me such things just because I do things in my spare time that you do not agree with.


Dear Sir,
The bible is the elite's blueprint for taking over the world. If you can't see all the "prophecies" being fulfilled at an ever increasing pace, there's not much that can be done for you. To call the greatest book ever written "bogus" is being a bit daft to say the least. The teachings of Jesus are how to be a good person, Christian values are freedom and individuality. Is it any wonder why for the last 2000 years various powerful factions in Europe have been feverishly trying to hack away at it? The contradictions like vilifying knowledge and telling Christians to turn the other cheek instead of defending themselves effectively act as control mechanisms. The bible was manipulated.. to put it conservatively. It was not meant to be taken literally, you're supposed to come to your own conclusions.

Generally speaking, almost without exception, if you go to church for Christianity, you may as well go to the brothel to attain virginity.

The tree of knowledge story is but one of many clues in the bible. As I mentioned before, when you cut an apple at it's equator, you will see a pentagram, the symbol for Luciferian knowledge. It''s also on the leaf portion of oranges and mandarins. Serpent is a synonym for satan. The symbol of socialism is the pentagram, the red star. The soviet union was atheist for the masses, satanic for the rulers. (Esoteric vs exoteric.. or more bluntly, reality vs make belief). All these religions and all this occult nonsense has but one goal, total control.

Image
Image
Image


At your age, you should be exploring everything. Developing your convictions. Not sitting around playing games that were created for the sole purpose of occupying your time (bread and circuses).

You don't know what evil is. You don't know what Christianity is! What are you doing developing an opinion on it?

It would be amusing, if it wasn't so annoying, to watch idiots run back & forth between total devotion to some organized religion they don't know the history of (Catholicism or some tangent of another bastardized version of Christianity), and total devotion to atheism which again they have no background knowledge of. To me it's the same as watching some immoral, narcissistic sluts arguing about who back-stabbed who by sleeping with eachother's boyfriend. Watching from a distance it's hard to picture why they're taking it so seriously when the same situation has obviously repeated itself many times in their lives. Sluts aren't supposed to be taking the moral high-ground. Why not have an orgy with all parties involved and get it over with? Likewise, why is a person who obviously doesn't care about spirituality being conflicted over his choice of religion and pretending like his opinion matters? You might as well start judging dog shows out of the blue.

I got news for you buddy, you don't have the genetic disposition to be anything other than a sheep. So don't worry about it. Because whichever path you choose you'll end up being a tool which you admitted you're quite happy to be. Apparently the only people who were given the ability to think for themselves are those with negative bloodtypes. Want confirmation? Take a look at far-east Asia. 99.99% RH positive blood. Who is their most promising free thinker? Winston Wu. Enough said. What do they value? Work. Work till you drop bitch! Impress your neighbors.

Prove me wrong, cultivate yourself. If not you'll be in virtual heaven in east Asia with fellow unthinking youths. Videogames are viewed as some kind of path to enlightenment there and the best players are highly respected, not viewed as losers who drank the proverbial cool-aid and wasted their lives.

If there's one thing people really take for granted it's Christian values. Well you'll get your wish of a Christ-less west soon enough. The sheep will get exactly what they asked for, and exactly what they deserve.

Image
Image


lol

A lot of odd fellows on this forum.
The Arab
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 am

Postby MrPeabody » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Winston wrote:Have you seen my Christian deconversion story? It might give you some motivation.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm

You can use my debunking Christians treatise to defeat any arguments that they bring up too.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm



Have you considered the possibility that fundamentalist Christianity and conspiracy theory are structurally the same, and so it would be easy for someone to go from one system to another, and think they have progressed, when they have actually just shifted subject matter?

Here are the similarities:

1) both are closed totalitarian systems providing a complete explanation for everything that happens in the world. A fundie will have a bible verse for every problem, and a CTer will have a Youtube video for every problem,

2) fanatical followers with missionary zeal who divide the world into us/them where "them" are lost, evil or stupid, and

3) no or very little evidence to support their claims.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 pm

MrPeabody wrote:
Winston wrote:Have you seen my Christian deconversion story? It might give you some motivation.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm

You can use my debunking Christians treatise to defeat any arguments that they bring up too.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm



Have you considered the possibility that fundamentalist Christianity and conspiracy theory are structurally the same, and so it would be easy for someone to go from one system to another, and think they have progressed, when they have actually just shifted subject matter?

Here are the similarities:

1) both are closed totalitarian systems providing a complete explanation for everything that happens in the world. A fundie will have a bible verse for every problem, and a CTer will have a Youtube video for every problem,

2) fanatical followers with missionary zeal who divide the world into us/them where "them" are lost, evil or stupid, and

3) no or very little evidence to support their claims.



It's like I told odbo, even if all of these CTs are true, personally, I can't do anything about them, so I'm just going to LIVE and enjoy whatever time I have left in this world.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby MarkDY » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 am

Hero, I have no problem with you playing Zelda.
Women; foreign or domestic are going be impressed by what you do in the real world. I play on-line games with one of my Colombian girlfriends. But she likes to talk about my travels, compare the team sports we play, what music I like (we swap music videos on Facebook) and literature.

What brand of Christianity are you dealing with? Different brands of Christianity can mess one up in different ways.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am
Location: Annapolis

Postby Enishi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 am

I'm curious as to what Christians (particularly women) tend to be like in South America.

If I mention that I have an interest in Eastern philosophy, would they react negatively to this, or not care too much so long as I don't shove it in their faces?
Enishi
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:24 pm

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 am

Mr. Peabody makes an awesome point. I believe there's likely some truth to these theories, at least as far as there are groups of super wealthy getting together, behind closed doors, and trying to use their money to manipulate the world; however, these guys are not infallible! They are just people. All of their plans and power could neither predict nor stop one Mohandas Gandhi, or Castro or Chavez.

Just because they plan for things to go one way, doesn't mean they will.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Postby Enishi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:02 pm

In regards to CT, I think one needs to consider that many of the theories you find online are in fact disinformation intended to create conflicting false assumptions and instill an atmosphere of fear and helplessness.

I think there is stuff going on being the scenes with the Rockefellers, Rothschilds and other wealthy families. I also suspect that something may be going on with black ops programs and suppression/co-opting of medical and scientific breakthroughs.

It is not however possible for such actors to control the world on a microlevel. We have far more reason to fear ordinary assholes and feminazis.
Enishi
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest