Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


About my personal battle with Christianity...

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby odbo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

The_Adventurer wrote:They are just people. All of their plans and power could neither predict nor stop one Mohandas Gandhi, or Castro or Chavez.

I haven't made up my mind about Ghandi (haven't looked into it at all besides watching that movie where Kingsley plays him) but more likely than not he was a controlled asset and part of the British Empire's transition strategy from overwhelming force into invisible empire. (You think it just disappeared!?) Castro is a Jew and a socialist, enough said. Chavez is the most obvious of of all. The Hegelian Dialectic has us locked in a left-right paradigm.

Enishi wrote:It is not however possible for such actors to control the world on a microlevel. We have far more reason to fear ordinary assholes and feminazis.


Do not condemn something you no clue about. You have never looked into reality, and will make excuses for the rest of your life for not looking into it. You feel guilty, and rather than admitting this, you make fun of people who have taken that step. It's all mind-numbly pathetic, like when a person from a poor neighborhood gets a college education and everyone starts being rude to him and accusing him of thinking he's better than everyone else. Do you people think you're affecting me with your insults? You think I care what pea-brained idiots think about me?

How do I know you rationale? You see when you talk to people, you're revealing much more about yourself than you are about anyone else. I can recognize the conditioned responses very easily. It's interesting that the moment some word triggers the programming inside your brain that tells you whatever is being talked about is a "conspiracy theory", meaning something you, a SLAVE is not supposed to know and should be afraid of.. what happens? The focus then suddenly shifts from the knowledge itself and onto the person talking about it. In comes probing about his lifestyle. Since he mentioned a conspiracy theory, he must be a conspiracy theorist! He must live in a basement, be anti-social, paranoid about everything.. and so on (insert whatever ideas you were implanted from films like Mel Gibson's 1997 "Conspiracy Theory"). However when I say the obvious fact that video games (or professional sports) are a waste of time, people defend video games and claim it is the lifestyles of some losers that are swaying me and that they don't represent the art.

I don't know how to snap you out of this cycle of controlled thinking and predictable outcomes. You have to want to come out of this. Until then you simply are not human, you are a humanoid. Who talks like a human, sounds like a human (using an array of slogans), but really says nothing and is no different from all the other humanoids. There are slight variations between people, due to various factors whether they be genetic; how you look (height, weight, perceived attractiveness) and your IQ, or socio-economic factors (where you live, into what type of life you were born, what films, books, political parties and other ideologies you were exposed to). But there will be nothing original or organic that will come out of a person mentally enslaved by this control grid.

I haven't bothered to keep myself from sounding crazy on this forum since, again, I don't care what unthinking people perceive. You either want to get it, or you don't. I can't mention the ideas I want to mention and at the same time "tip-toe" past the security system of the conditioned mind. I've been around you zombies all my life, and what separates you from the rest of Americans exactly? Because you figured out American women were a tainted article? Bravo guys. But there's more to be uncovered, more barriers to be defeated in your mind to truly begin to feel human again.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm







Postby MrPeabody » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:21 am

Enishi wrote:I'm curious as to what Christians (particularly women) tend to be like in South America.

If I mention that I have an interest in Eastern philosophy, would they react negatively to this, or not care too much so long as I don't shove it in their faces?


In Colombia, there are plenty of women who are nominal Catholics, but not very religious. You would have more problems with the evangelicals. I would ask the woman directly to see her attitude.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 am

Enishi wrote:In regards to CT, I think one needs to consider that many of the theories you find online are in fact disinformation intended to create conflicting false assumptions and instill an atmosphere of fear and helplessness.

I think there is stuff going on being the scenes with the Rockefellers, Rothschilds and other wealthy families. I also suspect that something may be going on with black ops programs and suppression/co-opting of medical and scientific breakthroughs.

It is not however possible for such actors to control the world on a microlevel. We have far more reason to fear ordinary assholes and feminazis.


A good summary. CT tends to way over estimate control from the top, and then proposes an absurd solution. OK, Alex, I am convinced. We are faced with the most evil, powerful, vicious enemy in the history of mankind. I am ready to join your army. What do I do? Alex – ummm – buy my new DVD and then buy more copies for your friends. Here is an alternate proposal. Gradually reduce everything you own until it all fits into three suitcases. Then leave the US. But, that is not enough. If you want to be happier abroad, you also have to reduce the clutter in your head and not add more clutter delivered by those who want to make their unhappiness your unhappiness. Why go through all the trouble of escaping America by leaving it physically, but then not leaving it mentally? A life happier abroad can be achieved by simplifying one’s life both physically and mentally.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby odbo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 am

MrPeabody wrote:Have you considered the possibility that fundamentalist Christianity and conspiracy theory are structurally the same, and so it would be easy for someone to go from one system to another, and think they have progressed, when they have actually just shifted subject matter?


Have you considered the possibility that you're an idiot? On the basis that "conspiracy theory" is a blatant linguistic spell and actually means nothing, like "anti-semitic" or "irregardless". There is overwhelming evidence for nearly everything Winston and I talk about, (outside of reptilians, ufos, and other nonsense made to waste people's time). Unfortunately no amount of evidence is enough to satisfy those under mass hypnosis. Yuri Bezmenov talked about this in his lecture, how no amount of proof is enough for someone who is subverted by the system. He also talks about Marxist linguistic cons like "free healthcare" or "People's Liberation Movement".

We'd be happy to give you evidence for anything you show interest in.

http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-mis.html

newspeakdictionary.com wrote:Feminist
Implied - One who wishes to be more feminine, and wishes to protect feminine ideas and custom.
Actual - One who wishes to be more masculine, and destroy differences between the sexes.

Affirmative Action

Implied : Action which is correct ("Affirmative" means correct, and "Action" is normally good as well)
Actual : Preferential treatment for a particular minority group. (See : Apartheid, Racism)

Progressive

Implied - One who wishes to move his country forward.
Actual - One who wishes to move his country toward a state-socialism.

Narrow Minded Bigot - One who does not speak Newspeak as their sole language. Individuals who are oldthinkers.

Oldspeak - Standard English. Newspeak is based on Oldspeak, with all words which represent unpopular (or politically incorrect) ideas removed.
Oldthink - Holding on to old ideas and patterns of thought not consistent with current government policy. Maintaining a belief that is no longer acceptable, but was normal just a few years prior.
Oldthinkers - Those who engage in oldthink. Those who have not fully accepted the new way of thinking.

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.â€￾ - George Orwell
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 am

MrPeabody wrote:
Winston wrote:Have you seen my Christian deconversion story? It might give you some motivation.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm

You can use my debunking Christians treatise to defeat any arguments that they bring up too.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm



Have you considered the possibility that fundamentalist Christianity and conspiracy theory are structurally the same, and so it would be easy for someone to go from one system to another, and think they have progressed, when they have actually just shifted subject matter?

Here are the similarities:

1) both are closed totalitarian systems providing a complete explanation for everything that happens in the world. A fundie will have a bible verse for every problem, and a CTer will have a Youtube video for every problem,

2) fanatical followers with missionary zeal who divide the world into us/them where "them" are lost, evil or stupid, and

3) no or very little evidence to support their claims.


Sure, all belief systems simplify the world into a black and white "us vs. them" type of view. That is true. So I agree with you on that. But I do not agree with #3 that no evidence for conspiracies exist. That is technically false. Why do you say that?

Many conspiracies, such as the JFK assassination and 9/11, have a ton of things pointing to the conspiracy and cover up. Common sense tells you that there's something fishy for sure. If the government had nothing to hide, then why won't it answer so many important questions? People with nothing to hide do not dodge questions.

And the CIA and shadow government have assassinated a ton of people and covered it up. There's tons of evidence for it, and lots of dots connected.

What is your basis for believing that there are no conspiracies and that powerful people can't make secret plans or do things behind closed doors or assassinate people and get away with it, or stage hoaxes?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 pm

odbo wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Have you considered the possibility that fundamentalist Christianity and conspiracy theory are structurally the same, and so it would be easy for someone to go from one system to another, and think they have progressed, when they have actually just shifted subject matter?


Have you considered the possibility that you're an idiot? On the basis that "conspiracy theory" is a blatant linguistic spell and actually means nothing, like "anti-semitic" or "irregardless". There is overwhelming evidence for nearly everything Winston and I talk about, (outside of reptilians, ufos, and other nonsense made to waste people's time). Unfortunately no amount of evidence is enough to satisfy those under mass hypnosis. Yuri Bezmenov talked about this in his lecture, how no amount of proof is enough for someone who is subverted by the system. He also talks about Marxist linguistic cons like "free healthcare" or "People's Liberation Movement".

We'd be happy to give you evidence for anything you show interest in.

http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-mis.html

newspeakdictionary.com wrote:Feminist
Implied - One who wishes to be more feminine, and wishes to protect feminine ideas and custom.
Actual - One who wishes to be more masculine, and destroy differences between the sexes.

Affirmative Action

Implied : Action which is correct ("Affirmative" means correct, and "Action" is normally good as well)
Actual : Preferential treatment for a particular minority group. (See : Apartheid, Racism)

Progressive

Implied - One who wishes to move his country forward.
Actual - One who wishes to move his country toward a state-socialism.

Narrow Minded Bigot - One who does not speak Newspeak as their sole language. Individuals who are oldthinkers.

Oldspeak - Standard English. Newspeak is based on Oldspeak, with all words which represent unpopular (or politically incorrect) ideas removed.
Oldthink - Holding on to old ideas and patterns of thought not consistent with current government policy. Maintaining a belief that is no longer acceptable, but was normal just a few years prior.
Oldthinkers - Those who engage in oldthink. Those who have not fully accepted the new way of thinking.

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.â€￾ - George Orwell


I revise my model of the world according to the evidence. For example, I have studied some of the conspiracy literature to the extent that I realized what a swamp it is, a swamp someone may never get out of. I also first heard of the Illuminati in the 1960s (probably before you were even born) because I grew up in a conservative small town and this theory was propagated by the John Birch Society. I listened to the 78 album set lying out the entire theory several times before I was even ten.

Have you considered that you are not really a truth seeker? I find your posts to be bombastic and using formulaic phrases and code words familiar to the conspiracy literature. I don't see anything organic or original in your writing.

Relate one real experience that you have with the subject matter, as opposed to something you have read? For example, has a member of the Illuminati every directly harmed you? Do you have any direct experience that doesn't come from a YouTube video or a website? Do you have personal knowledge of a conspiracy? Are you a direct witness to any conspiracy? Has David Rockefeller ever been rude to you? Anything?

The reason I challenge you here is because you hijacked this thread which was on a different subject. I have zero objections to people discussing theses subjects in the appropriate place of the forum. Thus, in that sense I am open-minded to the subject matter. I think people should be allowed to discuss these subjects as well as be able to discuss other subjects and not have this forced on them and told they are stupid when they complain.

I also think it is an enormous time waster and will not make people happier abroad. In fact, it will convince them they have no control of their lives and the world is an overwelmingly dangerous place - better to stay in mom's basement.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby odbo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 am

My writing is "bombastic" and full of conspiracy "code words" only because you perceive words and concepts like conditioning and neurolingustic programming as cliché and outdated, something that doesn't affect YOU personally. I never mentioned "Illuminati" because I don't like that word, and have no idea who or what it refers to. I don't know who the man behind the curtain is, but I know how he works and what he wants. The only way to remove his control is to educate yourself. Unfortunately to idiots like yourself, education = negativity, knowledge = ignorance, and reality = scary.

Assumptions upon assumptions. I don't live in fear like you assume. That's a [subconscious?] guilt-ridden denial response. It's the common man that lives in fear. Particularly fear of the truth, but in your fairytale world where everything is backwards, the people who seek the truth are the ones who are fearful. Makes perfect sense. :roll:

You're post is very telling for me. You mentioned on another topic how self-help professionals try to get you to admit YOU'RE the problem. When in reality being unhappy is a completely natural response to living in America, and one should fix the problem by changing the cause (and moving). The same if you have pain in your body, if it's back pain you should fix your posture, if it's stomach pain you should fix your diet. There is a reason for pain and you should not take pills to cover up the symptoms.

But on the above post you're trying to push on to me the exact same pop-psychology nonsense that you claim to be in opposition of, on the post below.

MrPeabody wrote:I detest mental health professionals, including psychologists and psychiatrists. The idea is to get you to say "I" and "me" in all your sentences because saying "you" is a typical way of avoiding responsibility (according to their theory). And if you say "I feel" instead of categorically making a statement, this is suppose to get you in touch with your feelings. However, it can also be used by a bullying psychologist to get you to doubt yourself and your ability to reason about social reality. I strongly recommend that men do not go to mental health professionals, and especially to talk about women and your isolation in the United States. They will take the mainstream position that society is just great, and you are the problem. This will make you feel even more lost and hopeless. And you can pay the jerk $100 a hour for the privilege of being further damaged.


Dear Mr Peabody, it's not me who's sick, it's the people like you who need help.

In the case of feminism, taking pills to cure a symptom (of feeling like a slave) can take the form of rooting for a sports team, getting enveloped in tv sit-coms, or even moving to the undeveloped world (running away from the problems which will reappear soon enough because of globalization). Freedom and slavery is 100% mental.

Moving abroad to be happy, but without acknowledging what was responsible for causing you to have to move, seems to be a sign of cowardice to me. Let me kindly say, for all the times you've made posts trying to sound like an enlightened guru, and for all the posts you will inevitably make treating users on here like we're still in diapers (also a habit of American women), f**k OFF. I've been standing up for truth my whole life. I didn't bow down to my parents when throughout my life they urged me to go with the flow and be successful! (a nice way of saying lose your soul and dignity, all that matters is money). I repelled all the self-censorship pressures society has built into it. Do you really believe you're going to "cure" me. You have nothing I want. Contrary to popular belief, there are no positives to being a slave. "Only dead fish swim with the current."

I've been aware of the farm since elementary school, and everything I know is based on life experience. The reason I'm free is because to see the farm is to leave it.

I don't know what was on those recordings you listened to but I've heard the John Birch Society being described as the Nazi arm of the US. I have read very little "conspiracy literature" myself. Well none if you mean books from people like David Icke, Zecharia Sitchin, William Cooper, etc. Last few years I have started to read documents and articles here and there, which are only "conspiracy" documents if you consider anything not covered in the New York Times or Time Magazine to be in the realm of conspiracy. I started watching youtube clips (mostly segments of radio shows) recently because I've been on the computer so much trying to make money. I consider them thought provoking and excellent exercises in critical thinking.

The post I made which you claim hijacked the thread, had NOTHING to do with the "new world order". The video I linked was about religion and how it is used to keep you down. I have a serious question for you.

Do you acknowledge the existence of Luciferian and/or Satanic religions? Do you consider mention of those as "conspiracy theories"?
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 pm

odbo wrote:My writing is "bombastic" and full of conspiracy "code words" only because you perceive words and concepts like conditioning and neurolingustic programming as cliché and outdated, something that doesn't affect YOU personally. I never mentioned "Illuminati" because I don't like that word, and have no idea who or what it refers to. I don't know who the man behind the curtain is, but I know how he works and what he wants. The only way to remove his control is to educate yourself. Unfortunately to idiots like yourself, education = negativity, knowledge = ignorance, and reality = scary.

Assumptions upon assumptions. I don't live in fear like you assume. That's a [subconscious?] guilt-ridden denial response. It's the common man that lives in fear. Particularly fear of the truth, but in your fairytale world where everything is backwards, the people who seek the truth are the ones who are fearful. Makes perfect sense. :roll:

You're post is very telling for me. You mentioned on another topic how self-help professionals try to get you to admit YOU'RE the problem. When in reality being unhappy is a completely natural response to living in America, and one should fix the problem by changing the cause (and moving). The same if you have pain in your body, if it's back pain you should fix your posture, if it's stomach pain you should fix your diet. There is a reason for pain and you should not take pills to cover up the symptoms.

But on the above post you're trying to push on to me the exact same pop-psychology nonsense that you claim to be in opposition of, on the post below.

MrPeabody wrote:I detest mental health professionals, including psychologists and psychiatrists. The idea is to get you to say "I" and "me" in all your sentences because saying "you" is a typical way of avoiding responsibility (according to their theory). And if you say "I feel" instead of categorically making a statement, this is suppose to get you in touch with your feelings. However, it can also be used by a bullying psychologist to get you to doubt yourself and your ability to reason about social reality. I strongly recommend that men do not go to mental health professionals, and especially to talk about women and your isolation in the United States. They will take the mainstream position that society is just great, and you are the problem. This will make you feel even more lost and hopeless. And you can pay the jerk $100 a hour for the privilege of being further damaged.


Dear Mr Peabody, it's not me who's sick, it's the people like you who need help.

In the case of feminism, taking pills to cure a symptom (of feeling like a slave) can take the form of rooting for a sports team, getting enveloped in tv sit-coms, or even moving to the undeveloped world (running away from the problems which will reappear soon enough because of globalization). Freedom and slavery is 100% mental.

Moving abroad to be happy, but without acknowledging what was responsible for causing you to have to move, seems to be a sign of cowardice to me. Let me kindly say, for all the times you've made posts trying to sound like an enlightened guru, and for all the posts you will inevitably make treating users on here like we're still in diapers (also a habit of American women), f**k OFF. I've been standing up for truth my whole life. I didn't bow down to my parents when throughout my life they urged me to go with the flow and be successful! (a nice way of saying lose your soul and dignity, all that matters is money). I repelled all the self-censorship pressures society has built into it. Do you really believe you're going to "cure" me. You have nothing I want. Contrary to popular belief, there are no positives to being a slave. "Only dead fish swim with the current."

I've been aware of the farm since elementary school, and everything I know is based on life experience. The reason I'm free is because to see the farm is to leave it.

I don't know what was on those recordings you listened to but I've heard the John Birch Society being described as the Nazi arm of the US. I have read very little "conspiracy literature" myself. Well none if you mean books from people like David Icke, Zecharia Sitchin, William Cooper, etc. Last few years I have started to read documents and articles here and there, which are only "conspiracy" documents if you consider anything not covered in the New York Times or Time Magazine to be in the realm of conspiracy. I started watching youtube clips (mostly segments of radio shows) recently because I've been on the computer so much trying to make money. I consider them thought provoking and excellent exercises in critical thinking.

The post I made which you claim hijacked the thread, had NOTHING to do with the "new world order". The video I linked was about religion and how it is used to keep you down. I have a serious question for you.

Do you acknowledge the existence of Luciferian and/or Satanic religions? Do you consider mention of those as "conspiracy theories"?


Have you considered the possibility that you are the robot that you accuse everyone else of being? You are taking dogma created by others and forcing it on other people like you are a Moonie. You are being owned by others and doing their work for them. You are their bitch. The men here are actually more rational and independent. They are tying to calmly process and discuss information on how to be happier abroad. Here is an alternate proposal for you - take a year off from the Internet, and live your own life, have your own experiences, and form your own conclusions based on those experiences. That is real truth seeking.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby odbo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

MrPeabody wrote:Have you considered the possibility that you are the robot that you accuse everyone else of being? You are taking dogma created by others and forcing it on other people like you are a Moonie. You are being owned by others and doing their work for them. You are their bitch. The men here are actually more rational and independent. They are tying to calmly process and discuss information on how to be happier abroad. Here is an alternate proposal for you - take a year off from the Internet, and live your own life, have your own experiences, and form your own conclusions based on those experiences. That is real truth seeking.

Yes, I have! I am relentlessly looking introspectively and considering possibilities of this or that, and if I'm conning myself. I'm not afraid to go out of my safety zone. The only dogma I force on other people is to stop living life in auto-pilot. My crime was that I didn't give him the same predictable, worthless response about Christianity everyone else did. I'd love for you to tell me who this benefits, and who I am a bitch of. That documentary is food for thought.. who does organized religion and blind faith really benefit? Why has it survived so long and how does Christianity compare with the teachings of the man it originates from?

I decline your "alternative proposal" of abstaining from the internet on the basis that making money online is the only way I can secure a regular income (however small) for when I move abroad. I already spent years without the net, (it was called the early 90s :lol:) and felt no different than I do now about America or the general populace being under mass hypnosis.

I suggest you stop trying to push your disassociation philosophy on to me. Taking a year off to relax and do some "truth seeking" will not change America from being a horrible environment to live in nor the fact that it became so largely thanks to what your brainwashed generation passed down to mine. You're an old man who ran away to Mexico and has nothing of value to give me despite your arrogant tone.

Truth seeking to free one's mind and truth seeking for political purposes (to improve society) are but one in the same for me. I've failed to distinguish that it doesn't have to be the same for everyone else and I'm sorry for that.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:29 am

odbo wrote:Yes, I have! I am relentlessly looking introspectively and considering possibilities of this or that, and if I'm conning myself. I'm not afraid to go out of my safety zone. The only dogma I force on other people is to stop living life in auto-pilot. My crime was that I didn't give him the same predictable, worthless response about Christianity everyone else did. I'd love for you to tell me who this benefits, and who I am a bitch of. That documentary is food for thought.. who does organized religion and blind faith really benefit? Why has it survived so long and how does Christianity compare with the teachings of the man it originates from?



Giving an unpredictable response wouldn’t be a crime in my book even if it was wrong. But responding to a post by calling someone a “moronâ€￾ and then misspelling it to be cutesy doesn’t wake anyone up or contribute meaningful information. For someone who claims to be introspective, you seem to have developed an insensitivity to your own obnoxious behavior.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby odbo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 am

MrPeabody wrote:Giving an unpredictable response wouldn’t be a crime in my book even if it was wrong. But responding to a post by calling someone a “moronâ€￾ and then misspelling it to be cutesy doesn’t wake anyone up or contribute meaningful information. For someone who claims to be introspective, you seem to have developed an insensitivity to your own obnoxious behavior.


Here we go again, it's about my character. Don't bullshit me. When you tell brainwashed people the truth, they get mad at you. They attack you viscously. I have plenty of experience with this. On this forum i decided to be one step ahead and insult them first (not the least bit undeserving mind you, as I've said idiots need to be told they're acting like idiots). So what happened with my experiment? It just gave them another reason to attack me. Firstly they (i.e. YOU) bitch about my character. Then if their ego isn't satisfied, they bitch about the topic I brought up, marginalizing it as "conspiracy theory".

I guess that's where we differ. I view the truth above all and could care less about the character of the person relaying it, and whether they are rude to me or other people. Most people value feel-good consensus above all, never mind that what is being talked about is utter nonsense.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 am

odbo wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Giving an unpredictable response wouldn’t be a crime in my book even if it was wrong. But responding to a post by calling someone a “moronâ€￾ and then misspelling it to be cutesy doesn’t wake anyone up or contribute meaningful information. For someone who claims to be introspective, you seem to have developed an insensitivity to your own obnoxious behavior.


Here we go again, it's about my character. Don't bullshit me. When you tell brainwashed people the truth, they get mad at you. They attack you viscously. I have plenty of experience with this. On this forum i decided to be one step ahead and insult them first (not the least bit undeserving mind you, as I've said idiots need to be told they're acting like idiots). So what happened with my experiment? It just gave them another reason to attack me. Firstly they (i.e. YOU) bitch about my character. Then if their ego isn't satisfied, they bitch about the topic I brought up, marginalizing it as "conspiracy theory".

I guess that's where we differ. I view the truth above all and could care less about the character of the person relaying it, and whether they are rude to me or other people. Most people value feel-good consensus above all, never mind that what is being talked about is utter nonsense.




I did a search of the Internet by putting “moranâ€￾ into Google and came up with a website that uses it. Someone innocently asked what “moranâ€￾ means and got various responses, like the following:

"Re: Why do you guys spell Moron with an A ( Moran )?

It is how our forefathers spelled it, and their forefathers before them.

It has been handed down to us through the Sacred Writings, Pinned to the wall, written on tomato plant leaves which were brought in ages ago.

Ask me another question, moran."

So, apparently, by misspelling a word, one actually creates a word only known to a special group. Then, that group can feel superior as they humiliate the outsiders who don’t understand. The outsider doesn’t have the special knowledge, and hence he is stupid.

Is this why we are all stupid?
Is this where you learned this rude behavior?
Is this what you call truth seeking?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 488930/pg1
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby odbo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

Not at all, I have Christian values, not the values of the mystery schools (who claim god talks to them in symbols, and coincidentally only those "illuminated" can understand)

I got the slogan from that infamous photo. In that instance I wasn't insulting him, I was insulting everyone including myself because we're all morans.

Image

Image

I'm not an expert on occult symbolism but I know it well enough to see it everywhere I go, like on the corporate logos, on most products inside a store, on a lot of architecture (usually of big business buildings). Of course I do live in the masonic paradise land, USA!

For every bank without a pyramid in it's logo you'll find 5 with one and usually with a capstone. But that's the symbolism they want you to see.

Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by odbo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby Jackal » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 am

Getting back to the OP...

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I have realized that Christianity is bogus, years ago, but I still struggle with it, like a spiritual/personal version of Mortal Kombat... There is just too much self-contradicting crap there! Like I said earlier, I only go to church to keep everyone off of my back. A smart man knows how to pick his battles. That is why I have not openly declared my intentions to ANYONE that I know. I know that those people can be afraid of those who think for themselves. Am I correct or not? What do you guys think? I am writing this because I need some kind of support from you guys.


Well, I can't tell you which religion/philosophy is best for you, but something else you should consider is that not all Christians in the world are like the hostile, hypocritical, overly-political American Christians. I am a Buddhist, but I rather like Eastern Orthodox churches, because they seem more mystical, spiritual, and well, more eastern (lol) than other types of churches.

Is there anything wrong with you becoming disgusted with the Christians in America? No. If religious/philosophical questions bother you, then the logical thing to do is to read about as many of the world's religions as you can and also read the thoughts of intelligent atheists/agnostics like Richard Dawkins and Einstein, and see which one suits you the best.

If you want a quick antidote to Christianity, just read the Tao Te Ching once. Even if you don't end up agreeing with Taoism, its verses are very short, clear, and beautiful with a typically Chinese feel and are refreshing like drinking pure water from a mountain spring.
http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/core9 ... te-v3.html

I could easily picture Link reading a verse or two of the Tao The Ching at night by the camp fire before he goes to sleep. And yeah, there's nothing wrong with playing Zelda or any other video game in your free time as long as it doesn't take over your life and keep you from doing important stuff. Everybody needs a mental break occasionally.

I was a bit nervous in the weeks before I first came to Hungary and I played some Diablo II. I still play Diablo II occasionally when I want a mental break. I'm eagerly awaiting Diablo III and I am hoping that there will be a version with Hungarian audio, so I can learn stuff at the same time. Speaking of which, playing games in a language that you want to learn can be quite educational. Many, many games exist with Spanish, German, or Russian audio. Unfortunately for me, few games are sold here with Hungarian audio (most just have Hungarian subtitles).

I think that the original Zelda game for the NES is close to a perfect video game. If one believes that video games are an art form, then at least one of the Zelda games shows that art form at its best.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am

odbo wrote:Apparently the only people who were given the ability to think for themselves are those with negative bloodtypes. Want confirmation? Take a look at far-east Asia. 99.99% RH positive blood. Who is their most promising free thinker? Winston Wu. Enough said. What do they value? Work. Work till you drop bitch! Impress your neighbors.


Thanks for the quote about me being unusually unique and freethinking for an Asian. If you don't mind, I'm going to add it to this collection:

http://www.happierabroad.com/FreethinkingAsian.htm

It will make a perfect addition there :)

How should I source the quote though, as just some post on my forum with the URL to this thread? If I reference your user name, it will sound strange.

Regarding online RPG's, some of them contain conspiracy plots in their scripts too. The one I just edited, Dragona, contains a lot of conspiracies and hidden knowledge, and the concept that the masses are deceived by a fake history that they've been taught.

Btw, I don't buy that conspiracies are deliberately put into movies and video games to make them seem like fiction. If I were the elite, I would not want the concept of conspiracies to even be in movies, cause as we know, what we see in movies affects our subconscious and view of reality (e.g. violence in movies has an effect on violence in real life, it's been reported). It would be more logical for the elite to make it so that conspiracies are not even in movies, erasing it from the collective subconscious entirely. Why plant it even in fiction? That incurs the risk of more people believing in conspiracies, not less. So it doesn't make sense.

That being said, though I agree with a lot of what odbo says, I think he should learn some tact. Calling someone a loser or insulting them for playing video games doesn't go well for human relations. It's fine that odbo believes that playing video games is a waste of time (which I agree with), but he ought to put it more tactfully, such as asking, "I feel that playing video games is a waste of time. I would recommend you do something more constructive with your time." That sounds much more tactful and gets across the same point without being insulting.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest