Did Jesus Christ Exist as a historical person? If so, who was he?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did Jesus Christ Exist? Questioning his historicity.

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote: Those who have been duped from childhood will be unmoved by refutations of "The Jesus Myth." The smart ones among them might be driven to madness or suicide, the unintelligent ones will simply parrot what they've been programmed to repeat as if the evidence of refutation does not even exist (Adama and MrMan to a lessor extent).

A mind is a terrible thing to brainwash with religious mythology.

Actually I find it quite interesting that in your view, the dumb are the ones who choose the path to life and the smart ones are the ones who choose death by taking their own lives.

And it is also interesting that you have chosen me as the fool who has taken the path to life by choosing to believe in Christ. While you yourself are wise in your own eyes, by choosing not to believe in Christ.
What is your proof that 1) Jesus even existed, and 2) Jesus is "god?"

And it is not enough to simply say Mommy and Daddy and the bible said so. That is not proof.
Somehow you figure I must show you something, but I am under no such obligation. I don't have to prove that Christ is God. Either you can accept it and believe it. Or you can reject it.

That is, things are your choice. I don't do anything for you except tell you of His existence. It is up to you to choose whether to reject the prospect of His existence or to accept that He is Christ.

How did I get figured into proving that He is God? If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice. Some people act like they need a sign. But there shall no sign be given unto them, except that Christ died for their sins and was raised again.

Christ requires faith. With proof, there is no faith. The doorway and entry to life are through faith. Everyone has faith. It's just a matter of where they choose to place it. I can't make you place your faith where it belongs. That's on you!

And if Christ was resurrected to life, that means that those who believe in Him will also be resurrected to life. Those who don't believe in Him have not accepted His sacrifice for their sins, therefore their sins are not covered. Therefore they must pay eternally for their sins, because they chose to reject God's sacrifice that would have covered them. It's a free gift to any who can believe. Many cannot believe.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

People do not realize that the world is run by Satan. He murdered Adam and Eve by lying to her. He has now made many deceptions to get you to believe that God is not real and that the Bible is a lie. Those are lies that if you believe them will also kill your soul just as similar lies took Adam and Eve down to death.

Satan got Eve to believe that God was a liar. She chose to believe Satan's lies, and she followed after what Satan told her she could do. And it took away life.

Can't you see? The whole world is conspired by Satan to get you to believe that God is not real, that Christ is not real, that the Bible is a lie. Wake up already! It's the same routine repeated over and over again.

Satan elevates himself to godhood by destroying God's creation and the people He wanted in His Kingdom. God doesn't want to send anyone to hell, but if they refuse His Son's sacrifice, they must go there to repay their sins.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Adama wrote: I don't have to prove that Christ is God. Either you can accept it and believe it. Or you can reject it.

Christ requires faith. With proof, there is no faith.
Precisely, and my point exactly. You CAN'T prove it! So you come up with weak, illogical excuses like a good little brainwashed follower in the flock of idiotic sheeple.

And to your claim that proof means no faith, it is so stupid that it defies reason. I guess to you if "god" appeared to you in real-life you would have to stop believing in him as your blind faith would therefore be obliterated?

You people are bordering on retarded!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote: God doesn't want to send anyone to hell, but if they refuse His Son's sacrifice, they must go there to repay their sins.
Really? You agreed in a previous post that 99.9% of all people who have ever existed are not Christians, let alone "True Christians" so they are in hell or going to hell.

But now, your "god" does not want to send anyone to hell even though most people go there for disagreeing with your brainwashed thelogy. :roll:

It is as if someone opened up your skull and stirred up your brain like pudding when you were a child!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Salvation comes by hearing the Word and believing it. The problem is that some don't believe in the power of God to work wonders. God sends preachers, ministers and evangelists to every place. All they have to do is hear the Word and believe it to be saved.

The problem is that some people can't conceive of the glory and wonder of God. That may be because they've rejected God's sacrifice, and eventually if they keep refusing Him, He will let them be, and they will be unable to believe.

Upon believing in Christ, God gives the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's the Holy Ghost which enlightens the eyes and gives wisdom to people to see the things of the Spirit. Without the Holy Ghost, most of the godly things of the spirit seem like folly and can't be properly perceived by the unbeliever.

As for speech consisting of cursing and bitterness, that's unfortunate for the speaker who utters such things so freely.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Adama wrote: God doesn't want to send anyone to hell, but if they refuse His Son's sacrifice, they must go there to repay their sins.
Really? You agreed in a previous post that 99.9% of all people who have ever existed are not Christians, let alone "True Christians" so they are in hell or going to hell.

But now, your "god" does not want to send anyone to hell even though most people go there for disagreeing with your brainwashed thelogy. :roll:

It is as if someone opened up your skull and stirred up your brain like pudding when you were a child!
No, I said IF, which is conditional. Besides that your understanding is faulty. Each of person who goes to hell refuses the Holy Ghost by refusing to believe in Christ, just as you are refusing to believe. By refusing to believe in Christ, they are rejecting the free gift of everlasting life.

So just as you are rejecting the very existence of Christ, you are rejecting everlasting life, and the escape of the other place.

People act as if it would cost them ten billion dollars to believe in Christ, as if it is a hardship, when it is literally free. Just as they reject Christ, Christ will reject them.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote: Just as they reject Christ, Christ will reject them.
Just as the Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy reject me too right?

Tell us, do you still believe they exist as well?

:D
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Just as the Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy reject me too right?

That is an interesting comment. I will tell you, if any of those three myths you listed were real, a person might miss out on a few new trinkets, some chocolate, and a couple of dollar bills, if that person gets rejected by that false god.

However if Christ is real and He rejects a person, that person will miss out on the invitation to live again when God recreates the earth, in His Kingdom with great honor, glory, joy, rest, peace, life, love and life in abundance (without any sin or oppression or financial concerns), and instead they will be sent to the congregation of the dead; Sheol.

Basically if those myths are real, which you mentioned, then there are no consequences either way. But if God is real, then there are some real consequences. Yet many people would gamble their eternity and through away life, by refusing to just believe in Christ.

It's God's House and He has invited everyone who can believe in His Son. That is His requirement to live again on His new earth which He will recreate after the end of this age.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:

That is an interesting comment. I will tell you, if any of those three myths you listed were real, a person might miss out on a few new trinkets, some chocolate, and a couple of dollar bills, if that person gets rejected by that false god.

However if Christ is real and He rejects a person, that person will miss out on the invitation to live again when God recreates the earth, in His Kingdom with great honor, glory, joy, rest, peace, life, love and life in abundance (without any sin or oppression or financial concerns), and instead they will be sent to the congregation of the dead; Sheol.

Basically if those myths are real, which you mentioned, then there are no consequences either way. But if God is real, then there are some real consequences. Yet many people would gamble their eternity and through away life, by refusing to just believe in Christ.

It's God's House and He has invited everyone who can believe in His Son. That is His requirement to live again on His new earth which He will recreate after the end of this age.
I think you are deranged or stupid or BOTH!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

MrPeabody wrote:Richard Carrier has a Ph.D. in the history of philosophy from Columbia University, and is a published philosopher and historian, specializing in contemporary philosophy of naturalism, and in Greco-Roman philosophy, science, and religion, and the origins of Christianity.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U[/youtube]

This video has a really interesting explanation of Jesus.

He said that initially Jesus was a popular God in the ancient world. Nobody believed he was an actual human. The earliest writings are the epistles where Paul admits he never talked to a real man but to a vision who said he was "Jesus Christ". Thus he was talking to a God. This is exactly the same as Mohammad who claims he got the Koran from the angle Gabriel, or Joseph Smith who got the book of Mormon from Moronni. Of course, in reality they were only seeing their imagination.

Now, about this time a philosopher Euhemerus started to speculate about the Gods. Euhemerus said that every God must have at some time been a real person. So, for example, he claimed Zeus was a real King who was a great King and when he died people starting talking about him as a God.

It then became a trend in the ancient world to Euhemerize Gods. In other words, for any God, they would make up a biography of how he at one time was a real person. So, for example, someone writes a biography on how Hercules was at one time a great wrestler.

Now, among the Gods who were Euhemerized was the God "Jesus Christ". In other words, people started making up biographies of a real Jesus. There were literally hundreds of biographies written, and later the Church under Constantine sifted through theses and only accepted the four Gospels.

So, the basic thesis is: Jesus was originally a mythical God who was Euhemerized, i.e. biographies written about him, and four of the made up biographies became the four gospels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euhemerism
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The Egyptian Isis and Horus were taken as the models for The Virgin Mary and Jesus.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this clip from "Empire of the City" documentary that claims that Jesus was actually the son of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar and heir to the Roman empire as well as the last Pharaoh to Egypt. It also includes the "Jesus went to India during his youth" hypothesis as well. Lol. What do you think? Anything to this theory? Its very intriguing. Lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAlQZ1B72M[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. A 1600 year old Bible has been found. Its considered the oldest Bible in the world. The thing is, its different from the bibles today. It doesnt say Jesus is God and doesnt say that his birth was from a virgin. Etc. See below.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogXWwKcHPNc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zvpA7xUi4[/youtube]

All 800 surviving pages from Codex Sinaiticus, the earliest surviving Christian bible, now freely available to scholars worldwide at www.codexsinaiticus.org

New exhibition at the British Library tells the remarkable story of Codex Sinaiticus and reveals how cutting edge technology reunited the pages of the 1600-year-old manuscript
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

“I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.” -Thomas Jefferson
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

“I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God. So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake ... Religion is all bunk.”

-Thomas Edison