I think more HA members need to find God in their lives

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: I think more HA members need to find God in their lives

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:I wonder why HA attracts so many atheists and agnostics to the forum? I think besides me, ILoveBlackAmericanWomen, well-informed, fscmidt, Jester and a couple of others', everybody else seem to disparage religion and God all the time in the forum. I think that's why you have so many unhappy people on HappierAbroad. Having a spiritual life is very important in my opinion, and it is one important factor to fight against depression and unhappiness. Also, by believing in God, it gives a person meaning in their life and a moral template to live by. Do you agree or disagree with my opinion?
I noticed that too. So many guys here want a woman that God designed and planned for us to have and be happy with but, they do not want God at all. Some are even worse, they want those women, but they do not even want to live a healthy lifestyle. They just want virgins and good women to whore around with! So ass backwards to me.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

kai1275 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I wonder why HA attracts so many atheists and agnostics to the forum? I think besides me, ILoveBlackAmericanWomen, well-informed, fscmidt, Jester and a couple of others', everybody else seem to disparage religion and God all the time in the forum. I think that's why you have so many unhappy people on HappierAbroad. Having a spiritual life is very important in my opinion, and it is one important factor to fight against depression and unhappiness. Also, by believing in God, it gives a person meaning in their life and a moral template to live by. Do you agree or disagree with my opinion?
I noticed that too. So many guys here want a woman that God designed and planned for us to have and be happy with but, they do not want God at all. Some are even worse, they want those women, but they do not even want to live a healthy lifestyle. They just want virgins and good women to whore around with! So a** backwards to me.
I agree completely. I've always noticed how unhappy and unfulfilled atheists and agnostics are in life; notice how most feminists are non-believers, too! And some of the men here seriously need religion in order to get their lives straightened out, since they have nothing else acting as guide or moral template; all they want too is to sleep with whores and bar girls and prostitutes, rather than finding a good women to marry and have children with....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote: And some of the men here seriously need religion in order to get their lives straightened out, since they have nothing else acting as guide or moral template; all they want too is to sleep with whores and bar girls and hoes, rather than finding a good women to marry and have children with....
The traditionalist approach would be that they could or should do both.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

Cornfed wrote:
zboy1 wrote: And some of the men here seriously need religion in order to get their lives straightened out, since they have nothing else acting as guide or moral template; all they want too is to sleep with whores and bar girls and hoes, rather than finding a good women to marry and have children with....
No, the traditionalist (Christian) approach is to renounce lust, whores and fornication, no matter how prevalent they are.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr_Truth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
No, the traditionalist (Christian) approach is to renounce lust, whores and fornication, no matter how prevalent they are.
We've been though this before. Early Christian theologians specifically endorsed p4p as a means of sexually satisfying men without turning previously marriageable females into worthless sluts and p4p was tolerated in most Christian societies. You are thinking of modern feminized churchianity.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

Cornfed wrote:
Mr_Truth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
We've been though this before. Early Christian theologians specifically endorsed p4p as a means of sexually satisfying men without turning previously marriageable females into worthless sluts and p4p was tolerated in most Christian societies.
Care to cite a source?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr_Truth wrote:Care to cite a source?
Some of the people quoted here a relevant, such as Thomas Aquinas and St Augustine.
http://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/resources/quotes/
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

Wow they really said that? I never would've imagined. But then, those quotes were pulled from a call girl, so there's something self-serving about them...

Well, here are some quotes from the New Testament:

http://www.biblestudytools.com/rhe/gala ... ns+5:19-21

http://www.biblestudytools.com/rhe/1-co ... ans+6:9-10

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr_Truth wrote:Wow they really said that? I never would've imagined. But then, those quotes were pulled from a call girl, so there's something self-serving about them...

Well, here are some quotes from the New Testament:

http://www.biblestudytools.com/rhe/gala ... ns+5:19-21

Try googling on 'Thomas Aquinas on prostitution' and "Saint Augustine on prostitution" if you want to confirm. Your quotes are against general slutishness, which p4p was regarded as an antidote to.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Also worth mentioning is Proverbs 6:26 which recommends prostitution as an alternative to adultery (sex with another man's wife).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a prostitute’s fee is only a loaf of bread,
but an adulteress goes after a precious life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnibenevolent. So it says in the Bible.

Natural disasters, such as Typhoon Haiyan that devastated the Philippines are considered an "Act of God", are they not?

And yet this very Omnibenevolent and Omnipotent God, by the very instrument of a Typhoon, disrupted, destroyed, caused considerable suffering, including killing people who love and worship Him.

The Filipinos are considered among the most devoted and dedicated worshipper of God. And this is the way God loves His followers and rewards them?

So, how can any rational and intelligent person love and worship such a God who kills His followers (thereby violating His own Commandment) and causes much suffering and deprives their very livelihood?

Then there's the Catholic church. Wherever there is a prominent Catholic presence, i.e, Philippines and Latin America, the country is also the poorest and least developed. Yet the Catholic church and clergy members live in relative luxury. What is the Catholic church doing to help its Filipino supporters and how much have they given back?

There are many stories in the Old Testament that shows God to be vain, sadistic and vindictive. Also, throughout history, more wars have been fought in the name of God and Christianity.

At an early age, I was introduced to God and Christianity through the Southern Baptist sect. I've found these people to be the most prejudiced, narrow-minded, mean-spirited, sinful and hypocrite group of people I've ever met.

I can't worship this kind of God, nor can I follow and support these kind of "believers." I've found Buddhism to be a more hopeful and optimistic life philosophy that offers a more happier and meaningful way to live life.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Halwick wrote:God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnibenevolent. So it says in the Bible.

Natural disasters, such as Typhoon Haiyan that devastated the Philippines are considered an "Act of God", are they not?

And yet this very Omnibenevolent and Omnipotent God, by the very instrument of a Typhoon, disrupted, destroyed, caused considerable suffering, including killing people who love and worship Him.

The Filipinos are considered among the most devoted and dedicated worshipper of God. And this is the way God loves His followers and rewards them?

So, how can any rational and intelligent person love and worship such a God who kills His followers (thereby violating His own Commandment) and causes much suffering and deprives their very livelihood?

Then there's the Catholic church. Wherever there is a prominent Catholic presence, i.e, Philippines and Latin America, the country is also the poorest and least developed. Yet the Catholic church and clergy members live in relative luxury. What is the Catholic church doing to help its Filipino supporters and how much have they given back?

There are many stories in the Old Testament that shows God to be vain, sadistic and vindictive. Also, throughout history, more wars have been fought in the name of God and Christianity.

At an early age, I was introduced to God and Christianity through the Southern Baptist sect. I've found these people to be the most prejudiced, narrow-minded, mean-spirited, sinful and hypocrite group of people I've ever met.

I can't worship this kind of God, nor can I follow and support these kind of "believers." I've found Buddhism to be a more hopeful and optimistic life philosophy that offers a more happier and meaningful way to live life.
Blaming God for natural disasters is like blaming God for gravity or blaming God for Black Holes. Cmon now....

Hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters are just part of nature. I don't think God had anything to do with it. Of course, there are times in the Bible when God intervened and took control of the forces of nature--such as when God killed the Egyptians chasing Moses through the Red Sea. In the case of the Philippines, I don't think God did it intentionally. ...
Last edited by zboy1 on November 23rd, 2013, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

I think God has everything to do with natural disasters. He allowed the typhoon to hit for a reason.

The Philippines is sinful, greedy, corrupt, etc. It doesn't matter if a country is Catholic or not. It doesn't necessarily mean the people are devout or faithful. And the Catholic Church these days is corrupt and heretical.. Any natural disaster is a lesson to be learned.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Halwick wrote:God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnibenevolent. So it says in the Bible.

I can relate with this. Bad things happen to good people while bad people are rewarded constantly. Some "Christian" religions also preach so much hate toward each other...what part of scripture did they get that from? Southern Baptists are known for this as well as the so-called "Born Again Christians".

It's easy to see how Christianity has caused so much bloodshed throughout history. Even today, Christians see a superiority over other religions. They call the people of other religions "animals" and support the empires bombing/killing of these people.

Speaking in tongues today is complete and utter nonsense. They aren't "feeling" anything when they spout off lines of gibberish...the BS makes me sick. People say they feel the spirit every time they get emotional. With the right prescription drug, they might even SEE God...amazing.

How can one that see's no real evidence of God "have God in their life"? If we can't fall for the brainwashing, how will we get comfort from it? Some even go so far as to use scripture to push their own selfish agendas...that just makes it even more ridiculous.

Let me be clear, I don't support ANY religion. I think they all teach some good things and some not-so-good things. My point is...why pretend to believe in something we can't see? I want truth so that I can adapt to it...that's what I want. Unfortunately, that is something that most of us will never have. A major part of life is a guessing game...